• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Guide - osC Paypal IPN 1.1 + Downloads Controller 5.3 - on fresh osC MS2.2

AlexStudio

I can't check my shop at the moment, as my host is down but should I put

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'downloads_controller.php');

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

in the catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php file as well?

I can't check my shop at the moment, as my host is down but should I put

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'downloads_controller.php');

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

in the catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php file as well?

No. I think it is the free shipping module since you only got the error when you hit 'checkout'.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Thanks Alexstudio , Great job , Alex.

I was lost during the last few days as I had some problem in setting the Paypal IPN payment module.

I learnt alot after reading this thread. I follow your installation guide. and now everthing seem to work perfectly, thanks to this thread . thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem that mattr is having. When the customer uses the paypal option then no entry is made to the "orders_products_download" table. It works fine if the customer uses the check/money order payment option so I know it is not a problem with the product's attributes.

I have the same problem that mattr is having. When the customer uses the paypal option then no entry is made to the "orders_products_download" table. It works fine if the customer uses the check/money order payment option so I know it is not a problem with the product's attributes.

I forgot to mention that I think it has something to do with the checkout_process.php being bypassed, I just can't figure out how to fix it.

The official PayPal IPN module creates pre-mature orders in database before sending customers to PayPal. The download filename should have been added to database at the same time.

Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

• 3 weeks later...

good mods, only one question.

i noticed if somebody don't return the shop or a ipn don't send to shop, then the order emails can be sent. but i think i need a order emails when a customers make a order without payment, it's just a payment reminder.

i only find the code sending email with ipn activity, and have no idea to send a order email just after clicking a order confirm button.

anybody help me? thx a million.

thanks for a great installation guide! Finally understood some things I had gotten the wrong way before.

One thing that makes me hopelessly frustrated though, are the Paypal sandox accounts. Christ! One general account sign up, then two others (seller, consumer). Like it wasnt hard keeping track of all logins, passwords and accounts before! Now I'm seriously confused.

Maybe I just got it all wrong. Well well, I'll keep trying to get things right for a while more.

cheers.

You can do that by adding phony creditcards under you sandbox account profile.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

as i have problems with paypal sandbox too, i hope that I'm at the right place to get an answer.

I have my shop set up in german.

Finally I made it up to the sandbox, payed and hit the back button. Everythings fine, unless the order status isn't changed. it remains

in status prepared. changing the status manually to download available does exactly what it should and shows the buttons for download. enabling or disabling the 'instant reply' in paypal-seller-settings has no effect.

what could be wrong?

Hopefully your able to help, because this is the last step for me before opening my new shop.

Thanks in advance

Stan

I think you're using the official PayPal IPN v2.2, and the ipn.php failed to communicate with PayPal server. Please refer to the official PayPal IPN support thread, or follow this link to find your answer.

• 1 month later...

One quick and silly question. How do I know which PayPal IPN to download. Which is most current? Most reliable, best documented?

Please suggest which Download Controller version too as I will need to do both.

Thanks for your help

Brett

Edited by Bvrettski

I would suggest my works - PayPal Express Checkout IPN v0.4 + Super Download Shop v1.1. Please use the links in my signature to get them.

Can you please calrify this for me. I'm at this point in the Paypal installation.

After install this payment module in admin, you need to setup all necessary options before testing. First upload your PayPal API Certificate to your host, your FILE ROOT path (the parent directory of yout HTTP ROOT) is recommended. Make sure it is not accessable through internet browsers or other agents.

I'm logging into myaccount via ftp client....am I looking for the root directory of my store or the "public html" folder?

How would I " Make sure it is not accessable through internet browsers or other agents."?

Put a html file in that folder and try to open it in your browser. If you can access that html file, the folder is not save.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Great work, I'm trying to do 2 things when the user buys the mp3 and goes to the download section. it automatically plays the mp3 rather than asking to save it. it works well on .zip files etc but on plain mp3 files it just loads a browser enabled player.

Secondly, when assigning products, is there a way to browse the product rather tan typing the name just in case you make spelling errors.

many many thanks in advance.

You can try the Super Download Shop contribution.

thats the one im using and still the same problem. it just opens it rather than asking to save us.

I really need a browse button so they can select the mp3 from the menu and also is ther a way to say /mp3/dave/music1.mp3

Im sorry for begin pain but i really need some help.

Many many thanks for your reply

OK, got the replay working, the problem is that when i buy the product it just doesnt wt show even touhgh i added the attribute. what other things i might cause this. is it co i have been trying it for such a time now and still souldnt get it work.

i really needsomeones help.

many many thanks in advance

sorry this is crazy as i reply alot . i just cannt get the file group to work, when i add the songs and buy the product it doesnt show on the my account, the download link is missing. what could cause this. i checked all the spec and guilines but still couldnt geti t working.

hope to hear from yo u Alex.. or any1

many thanks in advance

Hello,

I finaly found time and followed your instruction (they´re great btw, thanks a lot)

the download link shows up in the account but when I click it I get a blank page

my download folder is "src" and I have have edited the configure file already

is there any other file to edit for the correct download folder ?

many thanks in advance

Go to your phpMyAdmin and look into the orders_products_download table and see what filename you got in there. Make sure the file exists, and check the spelling. The filename is case sensitive in Linux enviroment.

Hi Alex,

thanks, I have checked the table and yes, the files exist, spelling is correct and case sensitive is ok, the download count is counting but still a blank page

do I have to change the download folder somewhere else ?

many thanks in advance