• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems Installing Fedex RTQ

BigLar

I'm trying to get the FedEx Real Time Quotes module to work. I've copied the files to the server and when I enable the module I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /xxx/xxx/xxx/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php on line 178

Any Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to get the FedEx Real Time Quotes module to work. I've copied the files to the server and when I enable the module I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /xxx/xxx/xxx/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php on line 178

Any Ideas?

I get the exact same error. Did you get an answer?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I get the exact same error. Did you get an answer?

Hi, did you got any answer on this. I too got this error.

thanks

Spencer

Any Ideas?

Hi, did you get the answer?

I too have the same problem.

thanks

Spencer

Any Ideas?

Hi, Just found answer. It works for me. Try it.

Open this page:

/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

Replace all instances of this:

$osC_Database->simpleQuery

With this:

tep_db_query

Spencer

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Just found answer. It works for me. Try it.

Open this page:

/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

Replace all instances of this:

$osC_Database->simpleQuery

With this:

tep_db_query

Spencer

Spencer -

Thanks a lot! I used your fix and it worked perfectly. Since I see no one else responded...I thought you might want to know that your post was NOT in vein. Thanks again.

Neil

We've had nothing but an absolute nightmare time trying to get this module working on a clients site.

I've tried the fix that you provided but still no luck.

On checkout all we get in return on the shipping page is the Fed Ex logo and underneath it says "No data returned from Fedex, perhaps the Fedex site is down"

If anyone can provide any insight into what the problem might i'd be forever grateful.

Thanks,

Cris...

Spencer -

Thanks a lot! I used your fix and it worked perfectly. Since I see no one else responded...I thought you might want to know that your post was NOT in vein. Thanks again.

Neil

Presuming the FedEx account number you entered in the admin is correct and active, have you checked to make sure that PHP on the server was compiled with curl and that openSSL is installed?

PREREQUISITES: PHP 4.0.2 or greater is required due to the necessity of cURL support. To verify you have cURL installed correctly, go to your Admin -> Tools -> Server Info screen. In the top section, labelled Configure Command, it must say somewhere on the right hand box --with-curl, otherwise, PHP was not compiled with cURL. If it does not say this, you may still be able to run this module outside of PHP if cURL is installed. Another necessary program that must be installed on the host is OpenSSL. If there is a cURL section on your Admin -> Tools -> System Info, then way down there is a cURL section. Under the cURL information line, the right hand side should show OpenSSL. If it does not, then your admin needs to install OpenSSL so you can run secure cURL. cURL is used by a number of OSC contributions. Fedex considers the data sent in a rate request sensitive (it does have your account number), so, they require a secure connection to their site.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

Graphics Guy, thanks for the detailed info but it appers that everything you mentioned has been installed or appears to have been installed basedon the PHP info screen.

All the login information is correct as i've gone through this numerous times with the Fed Ex Rep that was trying to assist us initially.

I am at a 100% loss here

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Cris...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...