• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The certificate is issued to 'ME' and issued by 'ME', problem?

thidarat

I did posting about the issue that PayPal detects error like "The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details."

Still have no clue how this happens.

But I just come up with new observation. Just found out that when viewing the security certificate via browser, it shows that the certificate is issued to my domain and is issued by my domain as well. Now I'm curious if this probably made PayPal saw my website as uncrypted???

Any similar experience? Any comments will be grateful. I'm totally clueless now.

Regards,

Thidarat

I did posting about the issue that PayPal detects error like "The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details."

Still have no clue how this happens.

But I just come up with new observation. Just found out that when viewing the security certificate via browser, it shows that the certificate is issued to my domain and is issued by my domain as well. Now I'm curious if this probably made PayPal saw my website as uncrypted???

Any similar experience? Any comments will be grateful. I'm totally clueless now.

Regards,

Thidarat

the buttons that can be used to move to payment page can be of either encrypted type or without encryption.On your site the button is not encrypted.

On the other hand in your paypal setting you have set payment preference that accept payment from encrypted site only else block it.(Please do check ) you need to change the radio button setting to allow payment from unencrypted site or used an encrypted button.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I doubt it however it will mean that users will get an warning about the certificate as to be valid it has to be signed by a root certificate authority.

Satish and MarcoZorro,

You're both right.

I did a test making the cart paid to my own PayPal account instead, not the real store owner's account. Now I didn't see such error. It might be the PayPal preference as Satish suggested, so I asked the store owner modifying her preference as such. I'm still waiting for her telling me the result...

And Brian, I totally agree with you. I need to reinstall my certificate making it right, otherwise the customers will doubt in our site's security.

Thanks again for your advise, Satish and MarcoZorro.

Regards,

Thidarat