• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate imports successfully, but nothing shows up

Daddyslipdisk

Now I've prided myself on being pretty knowledgable about EasyPopulate. But I must be tired or missing something, so I'm bowing my head and asking. Have a client who's using the latest version of both osc and easypopulate. He has an import file of about 2500 products. The file is complete, all headers are in place and properly named (sample below), model number field present with different model names for each product, apostrophes prefaced with a \, etc. Everything is ready to go. I open EasyPopulate, import the file and it says:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpDP6bqy

User filename: Book4.txt

Size: 38908

But it doesn't run down the products one by one like other imports I've done with the "item added" messages. It just says that message above and that's it. Then when you go into categories/products area, nothing's there. I even broke it down into test files of 75 products and still the same thing. Then once it's imported into the temp folder, I try and import it from there again via EasyPopulate, but still the same result. I even added all of the fields that I'm not using and put them in the format order that EasyPopulate exports in and even copied and pasted my data into that file. Am I missing something? :blink:

Here's a sample of my file. The file I import is tab delimited, but for ease on the eyes I went with a csv file here;

v_products_model,v_products_image,v_products_name_1,v_products_description_1,v_p

roducts_url_1,v_products_name_2,v_products_description_2,v_products_url_2,v_produ

cts_name_3,v_products_description_3,v_products_url_3,v_products_price,v_products_

weight,v_date_avail,v_date_added,v_products_quantity,v_attribute_options_id_1,v_a

ttribute_options_name_1_1,v_attribute_options_name_1_2,v_attribute_options_name_1

_3,v_attribute_values_id_1_1,v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1,v_attribute_values_nam

e_1_1_2,v_attribute_values_name_1_1_3,v_attribute_values_price_1_1,v_attribute_op

tions_id_2,v_attribute_options_name_2_1,v_attribute_options_name_2_2,v_attribute_

options_name_2_3,v_attribute_options_id_3,v_attribute_options_name_3_1,v_attribut

e_options_name_3_2,v_attribute_options_name_3_3,v_attribute_values_id_3_1,v_attri

bute_values_name_3_1_1,v_attribute_values_name_3_1_2,v_attribute_values_name_3_1_

3,v_attribute_values_price_3_1,v_attribute_options_id_4,v_attribute_options_name_

4_1,v_attribute_options_name_4_2,v_attribute_options_name_4_3,v_attribute_values_

id_4_1,v_attribute_values_name_4_1_1,v_attribute_values_name_4_1_2,v_attribute_va

lues_name_4_1_3,v_attribute_values_price_4_1,v_attribute_values_id_4_2,v_attribut

e_values_name_4_2_1,v_attribute_values_name_4_2_2,v_attribute_values_name_4_2_3,v

_attribute_values_price_4_2,v_attribute_values_id_4_3,v_attribute_values_name_4_3

_1,v_attribute_values_name_4_3_2,v_attribute_values_name_4_3_3,v_attribute_values

_price_4_3,v_attribute_values_id_4_4,v_attribute_values_name_4_4_1,v_attribute_va

lues_name_4_4_2,v_attribute_values_name_4_4_3,v_attribute_values_price_4_4,v_attr

ibute_values_id_4_5,v_attribute_values_name_4_5_1,v_attribute_values_name_4_5_2,v

_attribute_values_name_4_5_3,v_attribute_values_price_4_5,v_attribute_options_id_

5,v_attribute_options_name_5_1,v_attribute_options_name_5_2,v_attribute_options_n

ame_5_3,v_attribute_values_id_5_1,v_attribute_values_name_5_1_1,v_attribute_value

s_name_5_1_2,v_attribute_values_name_5_1_3,v_attribute_values_price_5_1,v_attribu

te_values_id_5_2,v_attribute_values_name_5_2_1,v_attribute_values_name_5_2_2,v_at

tribute_values_name_5_2_3,v_attribute_values_price_5_2,v_attribute_values_id_5_3,

v_attribute_values_name_5_3_1,v_attribute_values_name_5_3_2,v_attribute_values_na

me_5_3_3,v_attribute_values_price_5_3,v_attribute_values_id_5_4,v_attribute_value

s_name_5_4_1,v_attribute_values_name_5_4_2,v_attribute_values_name_5_4_3,v_attrib

ute_values_price_5_4,v_attribute_options_id_6,v_attribute_options_name_6_1,v_attr

ibute_options_name_6_2,v_attribute_options_name_6_3,v_attribute_values_id_6_1,v_a

ttribute_values_name_6_1_1,v_attribute_values_name_6_1_2,v_attribute_values_name_

6_1_3,v_attribute_values_price_6_1,v_attribute_values_id_6_2,v_attribute_values_n

ame_6_2_1,v_attribute_values_name_6_2_2,v_attribute_values_name_6_2_3,v_attribute

_values_price_6_2,v_attribute_options_id_7,v_attribute_options_name_7_1,v_attribu

te_options_name_7_2,v_attribute_options_name_7_3,v_attribute_options_id_8,v_attri

bute_options_name_8_1,v_attribute_options_name_8_2,v_attribute_options_name_8_3,v

_manufacturers_name,v_categories_name_1,v_categories_name_2,v_categories_name_3,v

_tax_class_title,v_status,EOREOR

1.8MUSBPRINTERCABLE,C-USBAB-1.jpg,1.8M USB PRINTER CABLE,,,,,,,,,4,,10/23/2005,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OTHER,CABLES,PRINTER,,,Active,EOREOR

10 M,PL-X-0.jpg,10 M CROSS-OVER UTP CATEGORY 5 CABLE,,,,,,,,,8,,10/23/2005,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OTHER,CABLES,UTP CROSS-OVER,,,Active,EOREOR

10 M 2,PLK-C5E-PP.jpg,10 M STANDARD UTP CATEGORY 5 CABLE,,,,,,,,,8,,10/23/2005,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OTHER,CABLES,UTP STANDARD,,,Active,EOREOR

15 M ,PL-X-0.jpg,15 M CROSS-OVER UTP CATEGORY 5 CABLE,,,,,,,,,11,,10/23/2005,,19,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OTHER,CABLES,UTP CROSS-OVER,,,Active,EOREOR

15 M ,PLK-C5E-PP.jpg,15 M STANDARD UTP CATEGORY 5 CABLE,,,,,,,,,11,,10/23/2005,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2 M ,PLK-C5E-PP.jpg,2 M STANDARD UTP CATEGORY 5 CABLE,,,,,,,,,4.5,,10/23/2005,,27,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OTHER,CABLES,UTP STANDARD,,,Active,EOREOR

20 M ,PL-X-0.jpg,20 M CROSS-OVER UTP CATEGORY 5 CABLE,,,,,,,,,13.5,,10/23/2005,,28,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

20 M 2,PLK-C5E-PP.jpg,20 M STANDARD UTP CATEGORY 5 CABLE,,,,,,,,,13.5,,10/23/2005,,-1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OTHER,CABLES,UTP STANDARD,,,Active,EOREOR

25 M,PL-X-0.jpg,25 M CROSS-OVER UTP CATEGORY 5 CABLE,,,,,,,,,15,,10/23/2005,,16,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

25 M 2,PLK-C5E-PP.jpg,25 M STANDARD UTP CATEGORY 5 CABLE,,,,,,,,,15,,10/23/2005,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

25WIREA1.8M,C-IEEEAC-2.jpg,25 WIRE A 1.8M PRINTER CABLE,,,,,,,,,1.95,,10/23/2005,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OTHER,CABLES,PRINTER,,,Active,EOREOR

Ok,

It's very strange how I figure out my own issues lately. This will definitely be added to my revision of the Easy Populate Import documentation. The customer had changed the catalog\admin\easypopulate.php file to look for semi-colon delimited files instead of tab. Changed it back to the tab delimited default and everything imported fine. Sweet. :thumbsup: