• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Why isn't the shipping total showing on checkout_confirmation?

I am lost, I haven't been able to find this answer anywhere! On our site www.jawproducts.com , I have the USPS module installed and it is calculating fine based on weight, but when you go to the checkout_confirmation page, it only shows each product with the price, then a subtotal, then handling, then order total, but there is NO line with the SHIPPING total . I know its adding it in, but there is nothing showing shipping in the breakdown. I can't find how to fix this!!

Jen

I am lost, I haven't been able to find this answer anywhere! On our site www.jawproducts.com , I have the USPS module installed and it is calculating fine based on weight, but when you go to the checkout_confirmation page, it only shows each product with the price, then a subtotal, then handling, then order total, but there is NO line with the SHIPPING total . I know its adding it in, but there is nothing showing shipping in the breakdown. I can't find how to fix this!!

Jen

Hi,

Had the same problem long time ago, and what caused my issue is located here:

Configuration -> Shipping -> Package Tare weight. -> Set this wight to 0.

Try this!

No

That did not work either :-(

Plus I still need the tare , but even when i put to zero it doesnt work

Im not sure what is going on

Have you checked the sort order under admin->modules->order total and also if shipping is activated there ?

Yes, I checked that too, it is activated and sort order looks ok! thanks for answering, seems ill never get this fixed!

Should have looked at your site first I guess. Where does it calculate correct ? I only see a totally revamped checkout screen where no shipping costs appear at all. Only someone with a similar one screen checkout might possibly tell what goes wrong.

Yes, it is sent to "none" (usps module settings)

this is so strange!!

Should have looked at your site first I guess. Where does it calculate correct ? I only see a totally revamped checkout screen where no shipping costs appear at all. Only someone with a similar one screen checkout might possibly tell what goes wrong.

hi

Thanks but I am not sure what you mean? if i add to cart, and then go to choose a method of shipping, then go to checkout confirmation page, you can tell that it was added, but there is no line that actually states the cost in the checkout confirmation screen. this is driving me nuts lol!

thanks!

Yes, it is sent to "none" (usps module settings)

this is so strange!!

hi

Thanks but I am not sure what you mean? if i add to cart, and then go to choose a method of shipping, then go to checkout confirmation page, you can tell that it was added, but there is no line that actually states the cost in the checkout confirmation screen. this is driving me nuts lol!

thanks!

The only thing I get when checking out is this

checkoutjaw.gif

One shipping option, no amount. A total loss of how to fill in everything properly and to display the shipping costs. Press checkout, press recalculate after filling in the customer details ?

Oh no, thats our old site, the new site is this

www.jawproducts.com/catalog

try that one

thanks!

Ha ha, that's a lot better :D When I try now I see another thing missing on the last checkout screen besides a quote for the shipping costs between sub-total and total: you also miss the shipping information, and option to edit this, below the shipping address in the left column.

I think it will be best to take a fresh copy for the checkout_confirmation.php and compare that with what you have now. Somewhere on the line you made changes which caused some code missing or not called upon anymore. If I saw correctly you have a voucher/coupon contrib installed which might be the reason.

regards,

Howard

Howard you are the best! I will look at this today but wow you are so great for helping me out!!!!!!!! I just got into work so we are going to look at it now

thanks!

Jen

Howard

Ok i did a comparison from the original install and everything looks fine and doesnt seem to be anything missing for checkout_confirmation.php

I wasnt sure what you meant by this:

When I try now I see another thing missing on the last checkout screen besides a quote for the shipping costs between sub-total and total: you also miss the shipping information, and option to edit this, below the shipping address in the left column.

I am new to all of this but learning ; but i just can't figure this out

Howard

Ok i did a comparison from the original install and everything looks fine and doesnt seem to be anything missing for checkout_confirmation.php

I wasnt sure what you meant by this:

When I try now I see another thing missing on the last checkout screen besides a quote for the shipping costs between sub-total and total: you also miss the shipping information, and option to edit this, below the shipping address in the left column.

I am new to all of this but learning ; but i just can't figure this out

Jennifer,

Sorry for the late reply but I have been away for a couple of days and only just returned. What I meant with that remark is that normally you have all kinds of, editable, information surrounding the products description with prices, sub-total, VAT, Shipping and Total information in the middle section of the last checkout sreen.

On the left side of the ordered products with prices there is the shipping address shown and below that should be the shipping method shown with an edit link. That part of the shipping information is also missing on your checkout screen as well as the shipping cost quote in between sub-total and total.

In the checkout_confirmation.php file that is this portion of code:

<?php
if ($order->info['shipping_method']) {
?>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['shipping_method']; ?></td>
		  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
		</table></td>

If that part of code is still inside your checkout_confirmation.php it means that the shipping method is not passed correctly to the order and would explain why the shipping quote is also missing.

What you could check is if another shipping method would be passed correctly. Ie. install a simple shipping module like flat fee and choose that for a test checkout. If that shipping method does show up correctly something is wrong with your USPS module.

Howard

Archived