• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No purchase info passed to PayPal

Hi,

I've just installed the PayPal IPN module, and I'm having the same issue with this as I had with the basic PayPal module. When passed to PayPal, the cart comes out completely empty with no amounts anywhere.

I'm certain this is due to me only dealing with Pounds, and the PayPal screen says $0, but I've set PayPal up to use Pounds only, and the shop to use Pounds only, so I don't know where the issue is.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Davin

Hi,

I've just installed the PayPal IPN module, and I'm having the same issue with this as I had with the basic PayPal module. When passed to PayPal, the cart comes out completely empty with no amounts anywhere.

I'm certain this is due to me only dealing with Pounds, and the PayPal screen says $0, but I've set PayPal up to use Pounds only, and the shop to use Pounds only, so I don't know where the issue is.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Davin

i had the same problem when i first started. It's a paypal problem (kinda). If somebody buys a product and pays with paypal, and does NOT click the "return to merchant" after they paid then it wont update your cart even though you got paid. What you need to do is set an "auto return" page upon checkout ( paypal will let you do this under the paypal options). Eveer since then ive never had a problem with it :)

I have the same problem as davinharvey, and ive got my auto return all set up in PayPal and it has not made a differnce to it.

Its as if PayPal is not being sent an amount or postage costs, it asks the user to enter the amount

Mine account is going through fine. I added the "return to merchant" option on my account. However, when I receive payment notification, I have no idea what the person purchased. So, I have to make up this excuse, "due to fraud, I am asking you to verify the item(s) purchased" when I reply to their E-Mail.

As long as this has been an issue, surely someone here at OSCommerce can help us fix this problem. I need a simple solution for my simple mind to ix this complex problem.

I'm having exactly the same problem as Merlin - I get no info on what the customer actually purchased via PayPal, so I have to e-mail them to find out (embarrassing). In my case, osCommerce is passing my company name as the product that was supposedly purchased - weird ... I would also like to know what's going on ...

Sorry, castle, I don't know what to suggest. I've managed to sort my problem out though. When I installed the software, I set up my default currency to be UKP, not GBP. Finally noticed this about midnight last night, made the necessary changes and all is now well, it seems.

Davin

Hi,

I've had the same problem. I went to paypal.php where it contains the information that gets relayed to paypal during the transaction where it defines item_id as $store name. I just changed this to $product_id_list as it seemed to be the way to relay the product names that were purchased. I haven't tested this yet, and would love to hear from anyone that has fixed this glitch.

NS

Hi,

I've had the same problem. I went to paypal.php where it contains the information that gets relayed to paypal during the transaction where it defines item_id as $store name. I just changed this to $product_id_list as it seemed to be the way to relay the product names that were purchased. I haven't tested this yet, and would love to hear from anyone that has fixed this glitch.

NS

Anyone lese out there with a fix? Im having the same problem

I'm having exactly the same problem as Merlin - I get no info on what the customer actually purchased via PayPal, so I have to e-mail them to find out (embarrassing). In my case, osCommerce is passing my company name as the product that was supposedly purchased - weird ... I would also like to know what's going on ...

I also have that same problem and would really appreciate if someone could help us get out of this embarrassing situation asking the clients to resend by email what they have purchased. Also would like to ask if there is any place on the site for the admin to see the orders made including the ones made through paypal too. Thanks, dr

Hi guys - I had the same problem, and have searched this site endlessly to find a solution, but with no luck. I really hope I have the answer for you and others, because I thought I had set up everything right for Uk transactions. In my case the total amount was correct in oscommerce, but when it tried to pass the data to NOCHEX or PapPal, it passed it as a zero.

PROBLEM 1 - ?0 PASSING TO NOCHEX OR PAYPAL

The problem for me was that oscommerce was passing the data, but NOCHEX or Paypal couldn't recognise it, because I had not set up the currency correctly. These payment systems are looking for the correct currency code when accepting data. I had put Pounds, instead of GBP for the code, and the consequence was that it didn't like it.

If your problem is the same as mine, go to your admin/currencies screen and make sure the Uk currency reads like this :

Title: GBP

Code: GBP

Symbol Left: ?

Symbol Right:

Decimal Point: .

Thousands Point: ,

Decimal Places: 2

Last Updated: 10/20/2005

Value: 1.00000000

Also make sure that the GBP currency is set to the default (check the default check box) as you update this screen.

PROBLEM 2 - ?0 FOR ALL OF MY ITEMS IN THE CATALOG

I know this is slightly unrelated to this thread, but I had this problem too, and had a simple fix, which again I found hard to find, but was simple.

In the admin/configuration/ section, you will need to set the "switch to default language currency" from FALSE to TRUE.

This immediately cured this problem.

I really hope this helps people who have had the same problem as me, knew there was a simple amendment that needed to be made, but couldn't find how to do it.

Please let me know in this thread whether this helps.

Doni

I've had problems with PayPal IPN 3.15 as well, with OSC not displaying the completed order after payment had been made by PayPal.

1) Make sure you read the configuration instructions, particularly the two email addresses. It is imperative to use the primary email address for the PayPal account in order for the IPN to work correctly with OSC, it seems. My client provided me with only a single email, not the primary. When resolved, PayPal IPN 3.15 worked as it has with other installs.

2) Make sure to login to the PayPal account and under your MY ACCOUNT>PROFILE>WEBSITE PAYMENT PREFERENCES, set PayPal to automatically return the customer to your site. YOU WILL HAVE TO INSERT A PAGE URL HERE THAT PAYPAL REQUIRES TO SAY THAT THE TRANSACTION HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL. Read PayPal's site for more info about this. I simply set the url to http://www.sitedomainname/storepath/checkout_success.php.

Hope this helps everyone. It would have helped me when I was having trouble.

Well, it makes sense that the information sent to paypal does not need the detailed information about the order, like the products purchased. Once I went to Paypal site and set up the success URL return to ../checkout_success.php, then everything worked fine. The customer got an email describing the exact products purchased, the store owner received the same e-mail, and under Admin area for orders, the detailed information was there. I can only assume this is the way it is supposed to work.

I can now sleep at night. Whew!

Hi guys - I had the same problem, and have searched this site endlessly to find a solution, but with no luck. I really hope I have the answer for you and others, because I thought I had set up everything right for Uk transactions. In my case the total amount was correct in oscommerce, but when it tried to pass the data to NOCHEX or PapPal, it passed it as a zero.

PROBLEM 1 - ?0 PASSING TO NOCHEX OR PAYPAL

The problem for me was that oscommerce was passing the data, but NOCHEX or Paypal couldn't recognise it, because I had not set up the currency correctly. These payment systems are looking for the correct currency code when accepting data. I had put Pounds, instead of GBP for the code, and the consequence was that it didn't like it.

If your problem is the same as mine, go to your admin/currencies screen and make sure the Uk currency reads like this :

Title: GBP

Code: GBP

Symbol Left: ?

Symbol Right:

Decimal Point: .

Thousands Point: ,

Decimal Places: 2

Last Updated: 10/20/2005

Value: 1.00000000

Also make sure that the GBP currency is set to the default (check the default check box) as you update this screen.

PROBLEM 2 - ?0 FOR ALL OF MY ITEMS IN THE CATALOG

I know this is slightly unrelated to this thread, but I had this problem too, and had a simple fix, which again I found hard to find, but was simple.

In the admin/configuration/ section, you will need to set the "switch to default language currency" from FALSE to TRUE.

This immediately cured this problem.

I really hope this helps people who have had the same problem as me, knew there was a simple amendment that needed to be made, but couldn't find how to do it.

Please let me know in this thread whether this helps.

Doni

HELP!

I've been having all these problems and it's still not working.

When I changed my default to GBP I also lost the prices in the cart, switching to default doesn't help either as the ISO code reads as GBR, not GBP. Any ideas?

Karen

The answer to this is on paypal.

1. Log into your PayPal.com account at https://www.paypal.com

2. Click the My Account tab

3. Click the Profile tab

4. Click the Website Payment Prefrences link

5. Select Auto Return to be ON

6. Enter your return URL (where membername is the Member Name assigned to your Netfirms hosting account and install_directory is the location of your Commerce Pro installation):

http://membername.netfirms.com//nfoscomm/c...out_process.php

7. Click the Save button

I have netfirms as my host, I am sure you will have something slightly different, but this all works for me now

The answer to this is on paypal.

1. Log into your PayPal.com account at https://www.paypal.com

2. Click the My Account tab

3. Click the Profile tab

4. Click the Website Payment Prefrences link

5. Select Auto Return to be ON

6. Enter your return URL (where membername is the Member Name assigned to your Netfirms hosting account and install_directory is the location of your Commerce Pro installation):

http://membername.netfirms.com//nfoscomm/c...out_process.php

7. Click the Save button

I have netfirms as my host, I am sure you will have something slightly different, but this all works for me now

Thanks but no that's not it, my paypal now just says my shopping is empty! I am also getting an error message when I view pending orders which reads

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/user/public_html/catalogue/includes/functions/database.php on line 99

is this connected at all?

Regards

Karen

Thanks but no that's not it, my paypal now just says my shopping is empty! I am also getting an error message when I view pending orders which reads

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/user/public_html/catalogue/includes/functions/database.php on line 99

is this connected at all?

Regards

Karen

Got it! - need to change the default currency name in languages/english.php to GBP from GBR aswell as in admin. It's always the simplest of things that hold you up!

Karen