• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

After making changes suggested by my last review

Hi, only thing I can see right now is that part of your background is blocked by the infoboxes. This wouldn't normally be an issue, but as it contains text, you can only read part of it.

Good Luck, keep up the good work!

--Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

The best link to site is http://www.minutemanprojectexpress.com

I am working on moving the link better. To respond to the domain name.

Let me know the damage, I am trying to put together a patriotic web site for starters, My site pertains to a certain patriotic group this is why I took this stand for design.

Im not very good at review nor do i think am educated enough to cast any vote. However I'm very curious as to how you inserted the infobox contents background image?

Im not very good at review nor do i think am educated enough to cast any vote. However I'm very curious as to how you inserted the infobox contents background image?

You use Stylesheet.css. Under the infobox class (or you can create a new class if you want for different infoboxes), instead of having a background colour, you put a background image.

For example, in my infoboxes I have a repeating gradient pattern. Here is what is in my stylesheet.css file under infobox class:

background-image: url("images/linegradient.gif");

background-repeat: repeat;

background-attachment: fixed;

--Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

when I highlight checkout in the top right of your page it higlights the devider slash plus a blank space to the right of that I would fix that. also I think you need to rescan your poster images or make them bigger on on your page because it looks like colurful crap right now. I agree with the background comment. perhaps get a image thumbnailer beacuse your poster images are being distorted. Let me know if you need further elaboration

when I highlight checkout in the top right of your page it higlights the devider slash plus a blank space to the right of that I would fix that. also I think you need to rescan your poster images or make them bigger on on your page because it looks like colurful crap right now. I agree with the background comment. perhaps get a image thumbnailer beacuse your poster images are being distorted. Let me know if you need further elaboration

1. Also I would get rid of the review box as I doubt someone is going to write a compeling review for a poster or sticker, instead maybe do a bestseller with images on the right like this page http://www.ryford.com . 2.get a contribution that allows you to change the background for each table individuly as right now you are loading a huge graphic in every little box on the page. 3.Get rid of the category counts next to each category I don't like them. 4. change the image under the advanced search box (the eye glass). 5. Fill the top page next to the logo with something anything... 6. Keep Strong... I love the minutemen

1. Also I would get rid of the review box as I doubt someone is going to write a compeling review for a poster or sticker, instead maybe do a bestseller with images on the right like this page http://www.ryford.com . 2.get a contribution that allows you to change the background for each table individuly as right now you are loading a huge graphic in every little box on the page. 3.Get rid of the category counts next to each category I don't like them. 4. change the image under the advanced search box (the eye glass). 5. Fill the top page next to the logo with something anything... 6. Keep Strong... I love the minutemen

Thank you for all your responses, I appreciate all your comments and when I resolve all these issue I will repost another re-review. All your comments are welcomed.

As for the background images my customer wants these images, I have requested him not to do so but as I design I design under the owner of the sites wishes. Site owners and site developers usually always have diffent oppinions. I will work on these changes and re-submit for review.

Thanks Again everyone

Hampton Thank you, I will fix this issue with the checkout on the top nav bar, I probably wouldn't have noticed that for sometime. I will contact when ready for futher elaboration.

Thanks Again Everyone For Your Responses.

http://www.ryford.com does not load for I.E I have been waiting awhile for this page to load. Let me know when this is fixed.

There is a stereotype in the US that "patriotic" people are "rednecks" and not inteligent, thinking people who have taste. I don't really agree with it- I have served in the army just miles from the Naco Line myself and I concider myself a patriot of sorts.

However, your site is playing that redneck stereotype with its big flag-wavin' hard to read background images with text that is unreadable.

Red, white, and blue color scheme- good.

Stars and stripes image in the infoboxes- good.

Hard to read minuteman logo obscuring text- bad.

Animated flag-waving eagle head .gif- might be a bit much.

Remember, the people who shop on your site will be internet savvy and have some sense of taste. I am not writing this to piss you off or make fun of your site- I just want you to realize that you may want to refine your design for a more "refined patriot" audience.

My advice comes in two flavors- Pick the one that won't offend you.

Hard and Cynical: How to Make a Horrible osCommerce Site

Warm and Fuzzy: How to Make an Awesome osCommerce Site

There is a stereotype in the US that "patriotic" people are "rednecks" and not inteligent, thinking people who have taste. I don't really agree with it- I have served in the army just miles from the Naco Line myself and I concider myself a patriot of sorts.

However, your site is playing that redneck stereotype with its big flag-wavin' hard to read background images with text that is unreadable.

Red, white, and blue color scheme- good.

Stars and stripes image in the infoboxes- good.

Hard to read minuteman logo obscuring text- bad.

Animated flag-waving eagle head .gif- might be a bit much.

Remember, the people who shop on your site will be internet savvy and have some sense of taste. I am not writing this to piss you off or make fun of your site- I just want you to realize that you may want to refine your design for a more "refined patriot" audience.

Thank you for your comments and all replies, to this request will be considered and revised to design the best possible site I can.

This why I ask for this site to br reviewed.

Thanks again Chance

Thanks everyone for all of your thoughts and oppionions of my last request to be reviewed. I appreciate everyone taking time to review my design.

It is a patriotic website, and somewhat heavy in graphics. I am making lots of changes these day trying to perfect my design of osc.

Whilst I am still new to I feel I am getting more comfortable with wortkings of osc, and another big thanks to all whom have helped with the issues I have come across thus far.

www.minutemanprojectexpress.com

Still awaiting a domain pointer change on the hosting this will be resolved soon or I am hunting for a new host.

TIA

BADBOYDARTS

Man, thats much better IMO. Not so darn busy, easier to view the products.

You still need to install a thumbnail contribution bad though, some of your images are quite large, and the images are losing their detail by being browser resized.

My advice comes in two flavors- Pick the one that won't offend you.

Hard and Cynical: How to Make a Horrible osCommerce Site

Warm and Fuzzy: How to Make an Awesome osCommerce Site

loads REAALLY slow, some images not showing up... redirect to host. All kinda unpro. Change hosts and get your store in the root of your hosting.

Archived