• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing in Columns v2.0

djmonkey1

That's a bizarre error, in my opinion, but feel like I've seen it before. I'm not familiar with STS. My impulse is to ask you if your server has register_globals turned off or on.

The register globals is on...this error happens when i replace the catalog/index.php file, im not sure why beucase the file seems to be similar to mine in code...i dont know if the other files in your contribution cause errors with sts, becuase this first step is causing this problem at this time... im sure your busy, so if you dont know, or cant think of a way for me to make it work...its cool, i was just excited to see your contribution and was hoping there would be a way to make it compatible...but i guess i may have modded up the site too much with sts to get it working..i was just cuiorus if you had any ideas, or if anyone has asked similar questions...

Could I post any code or anything that would be helpful in any of my documents? Im just not sure how your contribution "exactly" changes the code, so im not totally sure where to look to be really helpful...your help is greatly appreciated

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The register globals is on...this error happens when i replace the catalog/index.php file, im not sure why beucase the file seems to be similar to mine in code...i dont know if the other files in your contribution cause errors with sts, becuase this first step is causing this problem at this time... im sure your busy, so if you dont know, or cant think of a way for me to make it work...its cool, i was just excited to see your contribution and was hoping there would be a way to make it compatible...but i guess i may have modded up the site too much with sts to get it working..i was just cuiorus if you had any ideas, or if anyone has asked similar questions...

Could I post any code or anything that would be helpful in any of my documents? Im just not sure how your contribution "exactly" changes the code, so im not totally sure where to look to be really helpful...your help is greatly appreciated

The code changes that are required are listed step-by-step in the README.txt file.

There are two changes listed there to make in index.php.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

The code changes that are required are listed step-by-step in the README.txt file.

There are two changes listed there to make in index.php.

alright thanks, I will have a closer look, maybe i botched something up...thanks for the help...I will let you know if i run into anything..

How do i download it?In the contributions page of OsCommerce there?s no link :blink:

The link you click on is this litte image:

16x16_download.gif

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

just figured it out. i changeed the value in product_listing_col.php

is this the only way to do it?

At the moment, yes. It would be nice to have it set in admin.

This has got to be pretty simple but I'm just not seeing it in the code. Can anyone tell me how I can have the product name and price appear below the product image rather than above it?

That's just a matter of adjusting the sort values on the product listing page in the admin section (admin->configuration->product listing).

Image ->1

Name ->2

Price ->3

This thread has been very helpful -

Can anyone tell me where the code is for the table with the columns that shows the products? I want to increase the cellpadding so the products aren't so close together.

When I view the source, it looks like this:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" class="productListing">

Where can I edit that?

Thanks

Edited by shellbrain

This thread has been very helpful -

Can anyone tell me where the code is for the table with the columns that shows the products? I want to increase the cellpadding so the products aren't so close together.

When I view the source, it looks like this:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" class="productListing">

Where can I edit that?

Thanks

I am having the same problem (for 3 days now). I have just spent last 5 hours trying to add spacing between products. It was easy to add a border, but haven't been able to increase spacing. Please, take a look:

http://www.kaamas.com/index.php?cPath=1_49

I figured out how to add padding to the cells through the stylesheet:

TD.productListing-data {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

padding-top: 35px;

}

you could add padding-left or padding-right if you want...

but I still don't know where that table code is located

My computer just ate itself and I don't have easy access to my files right now. If/when I fix my pc I'll be able, hopefully, to help you guys out more.

1. How can I add a little space between the picture and the "model number" ?

My listing: 1. Picture 2. Model

2. Where can I set the value for the products shown per page ? I've checked the "Maximum Values" but nothing fulfilled my needs. When I set a value for the "Search Results" it looks like there is a problem with the listing.

Thanks a lot!

Sorry for my different postings, but unfortunately it's not possible to edit.

Well.. I'd like to do the following:

1. Product Listing:

Like here

2. Frontpage

Like here

I tried to use the "indexad Banner" Contribution for the right part (the images).

Maybe somebody knows a great contribution. It'd be great if somebody could help !

Thanks a lot!

Edited by wsammy

Installed without a hitch.

:D

ACK! I spoke too soon. Sort of :blink: This contrib does just what it is supposed to do but now my "Open Featured Sets" does not do what it is supposed to do. I'm going to scan through the featured sets.php but if anyone knows where these two are conflicting I would love some help.

Thanks bunches :D

Sheri

Either you're not using the contribution this forum is for, you installed it incorrectly, or you have some other contribution that is in conflict.

What version are you using, and where did you download it from?

Hi, I use your version dated october 18th, 2005, I think it is the version 2.1.

I solved the problem with the "buy now" icon. It turned out that it was the picture itself that was not sentered, so I made a new centered icon and now it works fine.

However, The attributes still do not show in the listing. I have checked, and they show in the product info page, but not in the listing. Wasn't they supposed to?

Also, the listing in columns works fine except for new products page. Here the listing is still vertical in one column. Do you have any idea why? I would very much like this page also to show the listing in three columns, like the others.

Here is a link to the new products page, so you can see what I mean:

http://www.kjolebutikken.com/oscdemo1/products_new.php

Please let me know if you know what to do to make it work on this page also.

Thank you so much:-)

Kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Thanks bunches :D

Sheri

SOLVED! I wish there were an edit button on these posts <_< Left out the definitions from the open featured sets contrib in the lang php file. I really need to consolidate all the files that I have scattered around my hard drive so I know which file to modify and upload. Sorry for the trouble :blush:

1. How can I add a little space between the picture and the "model number" ?

My listing: 1. Picture 2. Model

2. Where can I set the value for the products shown per page ? I've checked the "Maximum Values" but nothing fulfilled my needs. When I set a value for the "Search Results" it looks like there is a problem with the listing.

Thanks a lot!

1. I still dont know how to do that..

2. Does somebody have the same problem? When I set a max. value for the "Search Results" the product listing shows 2 pages but two times the same products...

Edited by wsammy

Hi, I use your version dated october 18th, 2005, I think it is the version 2.1.

I solved the problem with the "buy now" icon. It turned out that it was the picture itself that was not sentered, so I made a new centered icon and now it works fine.

However, The attributes still do not show in the listing. I have checked, and they show in the product info page, but not in the listing. Wasn't they supposed to?

Also, the listing in columns works fine except for new products page. Here the listing is still vertical in one column. Do you have any idea why? I would very much like this page also to show the listing in three columns, like the others.

Here is a link to the new products page, so you can see what I mean:

http://www.kjolebutikken.com/oscdemo1/products_new.php

Please let me know if you know what to do to make it work on this page also.

Thank you so much:-)

Kjolebutikken

Hi again, above not solved, but here is also a new problem that I just discovered. When I try to use the advanced search function, I get this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'by p.products_date_added desc limit 0, 20' at line 1

select distinct p.products_image, p.products_model, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price , SUM(tr.tax_rate) as tax_rate from products p left join manufacturers m using(manufacturers_id), products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c, products_to_categories p2c left join tax_rates tr on p.products_tax_class_id = tr.tax_class_id left join zones_to_geo_zones gz on tr.tax_zone_id = gz.geo_zone_id and (gz.zone_country_id is null or gz.zone_country_id = '0' or gz.zone_country_id = '160') and (gz.zone_id is null or gz.zone_id = '0' or gz.zone_id = '188') where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '4' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and m.manufacturers_id = '10' and (IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) * if(gz.geo_zone_id is null, 1, 1 + (tr.tax_rate / 100) ) >= 200) and (IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) * if(gz.geo_zone_id is null, 1, 1 + (tr.tax_rate / 100) ) <= 1000) group by p.products_id, tr.tax_priorityorder by p.products_date_added desc limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

This is not exactly like the one 1064 error described earlier in this thread, so I'm not sure how to solve this one.

I got it after installing this contribution, so I think it have something to do with this. Have I done something wrong? Can somebody help me a little here?

Thank you all so much:-)

Kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken