• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing in Columns v2.0

djmonkey1

I am using product_listing_multi_col for SPPC_v2_1

(it is great thanks) I have my products in 1 column as aposed to default 3.

I would like the attributes to appear in the line before qty, rather than the line below.

Can anyone please help??

My Webpage

Thanks for any suggestions

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like the attributes to appear in the line before qty, rather than the line below.

Can anyone please help??

My Webpage

This is going to require monkeying with the code as the location of the product attributes is hardcoded into the display for quantity (now that you mention it, attributes should be sortable just like everything else).

At first I thought I had an idea for how to do this, but now I'm not so sure. If I find time to look at this more I will- in them meantime, you can try just fiddling around with the code to try to get it to work (that's how I get everyhing done!).

Good luck

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I just installed this contribution and it is BRILLIANT! Thanks so much to you and to Matti (aka Johnson) for directing me to it!

rickpotts:

To answer your second question, the td class productListing-data surrounds your image, price, etc. To place a gap between the rows, you can add padding to your productListing-data class in your stylesheet. So:

.productListing-data {padding: 20px;} or .productListing-data {padding-top: 10px;}

or how much or wherever you would like your padding to be. I also added a border around my image by adding this to my stylesheet:

.productListing-data img {border: 1px solid #d9cfb0;}

I'm not certain but I would imagine the answer to your first question also lies in your stylesheet. Just open the page in your browser where the background colour problem is happening and then view the source. Find the td that is surrounding those images to see what style class has been defined. Then, just change the background colour in your stylesheet.

Hope that helps! :o)

Many Thanks

Your tips worked a treat!

And yes after completely going over the stylesheet again my first problem was sorted.

Cheers

Rik

Sorry , i am here again. i installed this contribution - works great! then i needed to install http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2541 and now i have two "buy now ' buttons... i didn't understand what changes to make, so many scripts were given here... can we talk about it again, please... thank you very much

Your answer is here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=729849

Just to clarify if you've done more things than just product description (like add column/list switching)

Specifically add this line

if ($column_list[$col] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_SORT_ORDER'){break;}

just above anywhere you find this line

switch ($column_list[$col]) {

Hope that helps somebody,

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Is anyone able to help me figure out how to place the image to the right of the text rather than above the text?

You would have to change the formatting of the page produced by the code in product_listing_col.php.

Try this:

In product_listing_col.php change

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
		$lc_align = '';
		if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
		  $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_name'] . '</a>';
		} else {
		  $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_name'] . '</a> ';
		}
		break;

to

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
		$lc_align = '';
		  $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_name'] . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
		} else {
		  $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_name'] . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a> ';
		}
		break;

and change

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
		$lc_align = 'center';
		  $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
		} else {
		  $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a> ';
		}
		break;

to

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
		$lc_align = 'center';
		$lc_text = '';
		break;

If you set "Display Product Image" to 0 in configuration the image should still disappear.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Can anyone please help??

My Webpage

I'm still looking at this, and after working the question I just answered I think I may have the solution. my real job beckons, but I should be able to post something tonight.

Can anyone please help??

My Webpage

Try this:

in product_listing_multi_col.php change this:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MULTIPLE': 
		$lc_align = 'right'; 
		$lc_valign = 'top'; 
		$lc_text = (TABLE_HEADING_MULTIPLE . tep_draw_input_field('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing[$x]['products_id'], '0', 'size="4"'));
		$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . $listing[$x]['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
		$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);
		$products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . $listing[$x]['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
		$products_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query);
		if ($products_attributes['total'] > 0) {
		$lc_text .= '<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing"0">';
		$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . $listing[$x]['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
		while ($products_options_name = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name_query)) {
		$selected = 0;
		$products_options_array = array();
		$lc_text .= '<tr><td class="main">' . $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':</td><td>' . "\n";
		$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . $listing[$x]['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
		while ($products_options = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_query)) {
		$products_options_array[] = array('id' => $products_options['products_options_values_id'], 'text' => $products_options['products_options_values_name']);
		if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {
		$products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $products_options['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';
	  }
	}
	//$lc_text .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']]);
	//$lc_text .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id_'.$listing[$x]['products_id'].'[' . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array);
	$lc_text .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id_'.$listing[$x]['products_id'].'[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']]);
	$lc_text .= '</td></tr>';
  }
  $lc_text .= '</table>';
}
		break;

to this:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MULTIPLE': 
		  $lc_align = 'right'; 
		  $lc_valign = 'top'; 
		  $lc_text = (TABLE_HEADING_MULTIPLE .  tep_draw_input_field('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing[$x]['products_id'], '0',  'size="4"'));
		  $product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id,  pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model,  p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url,  p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added,  p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS .  " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status =  '1' and p.products_id = '" . $listing[$x]['products_id'] . "' and  pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id  . "'");
		  $product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);
		  $products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*)  as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " .  TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" .  $listing[$x]['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id =  popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id .  "'");
		  $products_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query);
		  if ($products_attributes['total'] > 0) {
		  $lc_text .= '';
		  $products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select  distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " .  TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . "  patrib where patrib.products_id='" . $listing[$x]['products_id'] . "'  and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id =  '" . $languages_id . "'");
		  while ($products_options_name = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name_query)) {
		  $selected = 0;
		  $products_options_array = array();
		  $lc_text .= '' .  $products_options_name['products_options_name'] .  ':' . "\n";
		  $products_options_query = tep_db_query("select  pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name,  pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " .  TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . "  pov where pa.products_id = '" . $listing[$x]['products_id'] . "' and  pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "'  and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and  pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
		  while ($products_options = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_query)) {
		  $products_options_array[] = array('id' =>  $products_options['products_options_values_id'], 'text' =>  $products_options['products_options_values_name']);
		  if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {
		   $products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= '  (' . $products_options['price_prefix'] .  $currencies->display_price($products_options['options_values_price'],  tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';
		}
	  }
	  //$lc_text .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' .  $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']',  $products_options_array,  $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']]);
	  //$lc_text .=  tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id_'.$listing[$x]['products_id'].'[' .  $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . ']',  $products_options_array);
	  $lc_text .=  tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id_'.$listing[$x]['products_id'].'[' .  $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']',  $products_options_array,  $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']]);
	  $lc_text .= '';
	}
	$lc_text .= '';
  }
		  break;

That should put them on the same line, but with the quantity box first and then the attributes. I also tried to reverse their relative positions but that didn't work at all. :)

Hi All,

I installed this contribution and it works fine! I want to costumize it to my needs but after 2 days working i do not get the result I want...

If the page shows 2 or 3 products it will display center. I want that the script makes 2 extra <td> with 1 product and 1 extra <td> when 2 products are shown on the page (so I alwas have 3 columns).

By doing this the products will always align left en not center. Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance...

That's an amazing site! I wonder how they added sorting?

There's this contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1712

Maybe it has sorting?

• 2 weeks later...
There's this contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1712

Maybe it has sorting?

Hi, thanks for a cool contribution:-)

Have a few questions though:

1. My buy now image is not centered, but is to the right. How can I center it?

2. My attributes do not show in the listeing. I am selling dresses, and have attributes for size, color and status. How can I make them show. Have I done something wrong maybe??? All other is working fine.

Here is a link to my listing, to show what I mean:

http://www.kjolebutikken.com/oscdemo1/index.php?cPath=23

Thank you:-)

Kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Hi, thanks for a cool contribution:-)

Have a few questions though:

1. My buy now image is not centered, but is to the right. How can I center it?

2. My attributes do not show in the listeing. I am selling dresses, and have attributes for size, color and status. How can I make them show. Have I done something wrong maybe??? All other is working fine.

Here is a link to my listing, to show what I mean:

http://www.kjolebutikken.com/oscdemo1/index.php?cPath=23

Thank you:-)

Kjolebutikken

Either you're not using the contribution this forum is for, you installed it incorrectly, or you have some other contribution that is in conflict.

What version are you using, and where did you download it from?

Ok a few questions

1) If i have 2 columns how do i set their widths to being even oe 50% each

2) how do i change the layout of the information in the column, currently it is like this

product name

Price

attributes

Buy Now

i want it look like this

Image product name

attributes

Price

Buy Now

any help would be appreciated, as i can't seem to find where the code is comung from

Great little contribution, by the way

Thanks

Ok a few questions

1) If i have 2 columns how do i set their widths to being even oe 50% each

2) how do i change the layout of the information in the column, currently it is like this

product name

Price

attributes

Buy Now

i want it look like this

Image product name

attributes

Price

Buy Now

any help would be appreciated, as i can't seem to find where the code is comung from

Great little contribution, by the way

Thanks

1) In product_listing_col.php there are, I believe, three instances of

'params' => 'class="productListing-data"',

Change the bottom two to read

'params' => 'class="productListing-data" width="50%"',

2) Someone has asked about this before. I had a hard time with the product attributes, and I think the best I could do was get them next to the qty box instead of underneath it. Look through the thread, there is a discussion about changing the order of the display as well as putting things next to each other.

I'll take a look at it myself and post if I come up with anything.

1) In product_listing_col.php there are, I believe, three instances of

'params' => 'class="productListing-data"',

Change the bottom two to read

'params' => 'class="productListing-data" width="50%"',

2) Someone has asked about this before. I had a hard time with the product attributes, and I think the best I could do was get them next to the qty box instead of underneath it. Look through the thread, there is a discussion about changing the order of the display as well as putting things next to each other.

I'll take a look at it myself and post if I come up with anything.

Thanks I had read a bit, but for a while there people started talking about 2 different contributions so i go completely lost

Now the only problem i seem to be having is getting everything to align to the top of the box

http://nigel.geek.nz/oscommerce/index.php?cPath=1_9

But I think that is more of a problem with my alterations

Cheers

Thanks I had read a bit, but for a while there people started talking about 2 different contributions so i go completely lost

Now the only problem i seem to be having is getting everything to align to the top of the box

http://nigel.geek.nz/oscommerce/index.php?cPath=1_9

But I think that is more of a problem with my alterations

Cheers

Interesting- valign is set to "top", so on first glance it should not appear that way.

Interesting- valign is set to "top", so on first glance it should not appear that way.

Yes i have tried valign-ing everythin to top, but it doesn't seem to help

actually if you notice i also hane one other problem in that the final products box is not being made, as in if you look on the page where there isn't a product it should match the rest of the colour scheme but it doesn't, in fact the table cell is not being created at all

$column ++;
if ($x == ($no_of_listings -1)) {
 // fill up the remainder of the table row with empty cells, assumes three products per row!
 if ($column == '1') {
$list_box_contents[$row][$column + 1] = array('align' => 'center',
  //bof product listing with attributes
  'valign' => $lc_valign,
  //eof product listing with attributes
  'params' => 'class="productListing-'.$status.'" width="50%"',
  'text'  => " ");
$column ++;
 }	
}

if ($column >= 2 || $x == ($no_of_listings -1) ) {
 $row ++; // we start a new tr here  with $list_box_contents
 $list_box_contents[$row] = array('params' => $class_for_buy_now);
 $column = 0;
 }
} // end for ($x = 0; $x < $no_of_listings; $x++)

I have played around with the code for ages but can't seem to get that last table cell to appear

Hi!

I installed this contribution the oter night and everything seemed to go well. The products show up in columns just as I wanted them to.

Now when I went to Admin to add new products, I saw that it's no longer possible, only half part of that page is displayed in IE and at the bottom this message appears:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_head_title_tag() in c:\wamp\www\catalog\admin\categories.php on line 586

It is where I used to be able to add meta tags and such thanks to the Header Tags Controller contrib.

So I wonder what has caused all this. I read the README file and see this warning (in red):

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Display Add Multiples column', 'PRODUCT_LIST_MULTIPLE', '0', 'Do you want to display the Multiple Quantity with Attributes column?', '8', '11', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Display Add Multiples with Buy Now column', 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW_MULTIPLE', '0', 'Do you want to display the Multiple Quantity Buy Now with Attributes column?', '8', '12', now());

Be careful with this one. If you have made changed to your configuration table, the "11" and "12" for sort_order will have to change depending on the last item with the configuration_group_id of "8"

Could it have been this that has messed things up? And if so how do I correct this?

Hi djmonkey1

I think i have found my problem this line

if ($x == ($no_of_listings -1))

// fill up the remainder of the table row with empty cells, assumes three products per row!

(about line 230 for me)

I can't see $no_of_listings or $x being created or defined anywhere, my guess is that as $no_of_listings and $x don't exist, the function to draw the final box isn't kicking in.

I have tried setting the $no_of_listings and $x but no matter where I place them it doesn't seem to work

I have tried kludging it but i cant seem to get it to work, I am echoing the values out on to the page as can be seen here

c = column, x = $x, nol - no_of _listings

http://nigel.geek.nz/oscommerce/index.php?cPath=3_15

but it just doesn't seem to work

Help please, I have been on this for over a day straight, and the code i have should work i can't see why it is not working, i am going slightly nuts :wacko:

I am very sorry if this has been asked already...but is there a way to make this work with sts / (sts plus)....i have updated the database, and did manual edits for what appeared to change in the index.php (still leaving the sts calls at the bottom of coarse) ...but when i go the pages where the product listing pages are, i just get error...1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '48'

Any ideas on how to make this work, or if it is possible?

I am very sorry if this has been asked already...but is there a way to make this work with sts / (sts plus)....i have updated the database, and did manual edits for what appeared to change in the index.php (still leaving the sts calls at the bottom of coarse) ...but when i go the pages where the product listing pages are, i just get error...1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '48'

Any ideas on how to make this work, or if it is possible?

That's a bizarre error, in my opinion, but feel like I've seen it before. I'm not familiar with STS. My impulse is to ask you if your server has register_globals turned off or on.