• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing in Columns v2.0

djmonkey1

Here is an attached image of what im working on. I would like to change the properties of the catagory menu and how boarders are showing.

help.jpg

Anyone know where I can change that? The product listing in columns is a great contrib!!!

Oh yeah... how can I list the product name UNDER the product instead of over it?

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an attached image of what im working on. I would like to change the properties of the catagory menu and how boarders are showing.

help.jpg

Anyone know where I can change that? The product listing in columns is a great contrib!!!

Oh yeah... how can I list the product name UNDER the product instead of over it?

Nevermind!

Admin ssection for the listing order, and stylesheet.css for the other color and border changes

Thanks again!

I tried the current v2.1 and it looked pretty good except for a light colored line (infoBox color) at the bottom of the table that I couldn't get rid of no matter what I tried. So thought I would try v1.3.

Wondering if their is way to eliminate the or change "infoBoxcontent" or "new box content" (includes/modules/product_listing_col.php) to something that will work without any box colors showing.

One more thing I should try, go back with v2.1 and play with the stylesheet and see if that makes any difference. Will post the code later tomorrow if I can't get anywhere with it.

Karen

Is there anyway I can install this contribution at the root of the store? I have very few products in one category and would like for the products to simply appear in a grid system when somebody types in my url as that is where I have my catalog.

See this page for an example of what i'm trying to achieve. Thanks.

Edited by sarafina

Contributions installed: Purchase without Account / STS/ All Products/ Header Tags Controller

Actually, there is a similiar contrib that works for your stor index:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2125

This if for main categories. I was looking for one for products on main page. Thanks for trying to help though.

Contributions installed: Purchase without Account / STS/ All Products/ Header Tags Controller

This if for main categories. I was looking for one for products on main page. Thanks for trying to help though.

It seems like you would just have to adust the code in index.php to always display the product listing instead of showing the home page in certain situations and the products in other situations.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

hmmm. That odd infobox color I had at the bottom of the TABLE product listing area is gone. I went to my stylesheet, changed the infobox background color to the same background as the main product table, saved to see how it looked. The colored bar was gone but I didn't like the layout. When I changed the infobox background back to what I had it at before.....the strange color in the main table stayed GONE! :thumbsup:

I played around refreshing and page jumping to see if it would come back and it hasn't since.

Karen

A couple of questions;

There appears to be two contributions which allow product listings in columns:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1712/

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,112

I can't see any major differences, or am I being stupid? Is one better than the other?

I'd like the customer to be able to select whether the products are listed in rows or columns, like on this website:

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/index.php

Is there a contribution that does this or is it custom code?

Jon.

one more question - on category page all products are listed aphabetically, how can i change listing order by the time the product was added so that the newest ones will be on the top, like on main page "new items for November" ???

thank you...

Sometimes, ignorance is not bliss.

Sorry , i am here again. i installed this contribution - works great! then i needed to install http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2541 and now i have two "buy now ' buttons... i didn't understand what changes to make, so many scripts were given here... can we talk about it again, please... thank you very much

Sometimes, ignorance is not bliss.

Sorry , i am here again. i installed this contribution - works great! then i needed to install http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2541 and now i have two "buy now ' buttons... i didn't understand what changes to make, so many scripts were given here... can we talk about it again, please... thank you very much

Your answer is here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=729849

Edited by jeffy777

A couple of questions;

There appears to be two contributions which allow product listings in columns:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1712/

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,112

I can't see any major differences, or am I being stupid? Is one better than the other?

I'd like the customer to be able to select whether the products are listed in rows or columns, like on this website:

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/index.php

Is there a contribution that does this or is it custom code?

Jon.

They are different, I've never really looked at the other and if I had known about it I may have not put this one together. In any case giving the customer sort capabilities is a great idea, but I don't know if it's been done yet.

Can someone please confirm that the option "Add Multiples column" is not working? It will not add the selected items to the cart. Thanks.

That has not been my experience.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Stew,

Again, I have a question regarding the product displays, however- i'm not sure if this is related to this contribution? I'm hoping you can guide me if so, or send me on my way with another forum link.

Using the PLinC 2.0 version, can we limit the ROWS to display? I'm have columns=2, for the product_listing_col.php, can I force it to break into seperate pages so that I don't show a zillion products on a few pages into ONE page?

In other words, can I get this to display 2 columns x 4/5 rows per page??

Thank you!!!

Hello Stew,

Again, I have a question regarding the product displays, however- i'm not sure if this is related to this contribution? I'm hoping you can guide me if so, or send me on my way with another forum link.

Using the PLinC 2.0 version, can we limit the ROWS to display? I'm have columns=2, for the product_listing_col.php, can I force it to break into seperate pages so that I don't show a zillion products on a few pages into ONE page?

In other words, can I get this to display 2 columns x 4/5 rows per page??

Thank you!!!

You would have to set a maximum number of items to display while allowing for the remaining items to overflow into the successive page(s).

Off the top of my head, I don't know how to do this although I don't think it would be very hard.

They are different, I've never really looked at the other and if I had known about it I may have not put this one together. In any case giving the customer sort capabilities is a great idea, but I don't know if it's been done yet.

would it be as "switching" the filename for product listings? or would it require additional modifications like the edits in index.php? i'm suppose to be working on making this contrib sortable by name, manu, etc... soon....

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

would it be as "switching" the filename for product listings? or would it require additional modifications like the edits in index.php? i'm suppose to be working on making this contrib sortable by name, manu, etc... soon....

I think it would just be having the links available for the customer to use, in a drop down menu for instance. The file product_listing_col.php can be sorted the same way that the original product_listing.php can be (by product name or price), it's just that the links aren't there for the customer to use this function.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this mod and it kind of works?

Well, I get the pricing and buy now button but no image or product name.

Did I do something wrong? Everything it working fine (3 columns, stacked vertically) I'm just puzzled as to why the rest isn't working.

Any suggestions?

I installed this mod and it kind of works?

Well, I get the pricing and buy now button but no image or product name.

Did I do something wrong? Everything it working fine (3 columns, stacked vertically) I'm just puzzled as to why the rest isn't working.

Any suggestions?

Disregard the above post. I just went back to the files that came with the download and wrote them over the ones I handcoded (or tried to) and it fixed it.

Now everything is left aligned and I need everything centered under each thing above. Any suggestions?

Hi all.

Great contrib, more or less exactly what I was looking for, I do noeed some help in making a slight change to the layout of the items

Currently the contrib displays as follows

Image display, under image is model and then the buy button

----------Image---------------------------Image -----------

----------Model----------------------------Model------------

----------Buy-------------------------------Buy--------------

What I really need to have is the image display and then to the right of the image the model and the buy button under model.

----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------

-------Image-----Model-------------Image-----Model------

--------------------Buy----------------------------Buy-------

I have looked at the product_listing age but in all honesty I cant figure out where to start anything

Can anyone offer any help with this.

Born - Scotland

Location - Kent, England

Job - hunting for one

First off congrats on a great contribution. It makes a real improvement to the listings.

I have two queries though. One may have nothing to do with this contribution!

The boxes on my site have a blue background, and most of the background in my product listing is blue too, except the first few products. These have a white background. Sometimes its the first 3, or 6, 9, 12 or 15. Never more than 15. Its a mystery to me.

Has anyone else had this happen?

The second thing... can you place a small gap between the rows of products? When your mid way down the page its difficult to tell wether the Buy Now button is on top of the image or below and may cause you to press the wrong one.

many thanks

rik

First off congrats on a great contribution. It makes a real improvement to the listings.

I have two queries though. One may have nothing to do with this contribution!

The boxes on my site have a blue background, and most of the background in my product listing is blue too, except the first few products. These have a white background. Sometimes its the first 3, or 6, 9, 12 or 15. Never more than 15. Its a mystery to me.

Has anyone else had this happen?

The second thing... can you place a small gap between the rows of products? When your mid way down the page its difficult to tell wether the Buy Now button is on top of the image or below and may cause you to press the wrong one.

many thanks

rik

I just installed this contribution and it is BRILLIANT! Thanks so much to you and to Matti (aka Johnson) for directing me to it!

rickpotts:

To answer your second question, the td class productListing-data surrounds your image, price, etc. To place a gap between the rows, you can add padding to your productListing-data class in your stylesheet. So:

.productListing-data {padding: 20px;} or .productListing-data {padding-top: 10px;}

or how much or wherever you would like your padding to be. I also added a border around my image by adding this to my stylesheet:

.productListing-data img {border: 1px solid #d9cfb0;}

I'm not certain but I would imagine the answer to your first question also lies in your stylesheet. Just open the page in your browser where the background colour problem is happening and then view the source. Find the td that is surrounding those images to see what style class has been defined. Then, just change the background colour in your stylesheet.

Hope that helps! :o)