• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing in Columns v2.0

djmonkey1

There are differences between the two files. The STS installation is as below, with the Line 78 code being $sts->image($src); // Take image from template folder if exists.

OK, so the object $sts is not instantiated. That definitely has to do with STS and not with product listing. See if there is something in application_top.php that says $sts = new Whatever;

I don't know what "Whatever" should be, so the $sts = new part is the part you could search for in the contribution files.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Definitely STS causing the conflict, but I just couldn't suss out what to do! However, I have now successfully installed the Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings V1.8 contribution, with complete success - very happy!

Thanks for your help, Jan. I must admit I didn't realise that some of the contributions on here need some additional tweaking if STS is used, as well as if other contributions are also installed. The Product Listing Enhancements takes into account other contributions that may be installed - making it extra clever!

Well on the road to achieving what I want, now.

Jonathan

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a question, I installed this addon and it works great, but I also want in addition to the products in columns to add a short description to the products. So I installed before this one, Product description 1.5, which now since installing this addon stopped working, can anyone help me to get it working again?

Thanks so much!

I don't think this contrib has any option for that, however

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6051

has built in support for short descriptions with http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3123

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I just want my website to look a lot better, because I think it looks like crap at the moment. I want a better products_listing and products_info display. I want them to be like this: http://www.reddotcommerce.nl/catalog/blood.html for listing and like this for info: http://www.reddotcommerce.nl/catalog/cardc...llscroll-1.html can anyone please help with this?

The contrib I just mentioned can do that & better, there are page views within the contrib, take a look at them & see if its close.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

not clear what you mean, what does'nt work??

Sam

Contributions:

You need to make sure you do everthing detailed in the install, not just some of it.

I don't see any of the css changes.

Sam

Contributions:

Three points,

have you enabled the Product Listing Short Description option within Product Listing in admin

did you makes sure you added the line

$select_column_list .= 'pd.short_desc, ';

to index.php

Have you edited your product in admin and added any short descriptions?

Sam

Contributions:

Right, now I see it works! Just didn't know it had a seperate input in the product creation screen.

But now switch between list/column function now doesn't seem to work anymore, and the sort order function also disappeared, any suggestions?

Thanks you're helping me so much!

Edited by Lady Lionheart

the list/column switch is turned on off in admin under product listing

I've no idea why your drops have gone, perhaps u changed smthing in product_listing.php module? try uploading the contrib version again

Sam

Contributions:

Ok I uploaded them again, and it looks quite reasonable now, it's just that the short description doesn't display yet. I'll try following the instructions again.

And do you have suggestions how I can:

http://www.cosplaydreams.nl/catalog/index....amp;language=nl

1. Put the word 'Artikelen' more to the top and change it to the name of the series and add a description?

2. make the products_info more like this: http://www.reddotcommerce.nl/catalog/haruh...all-scroll.html with a resized picture and so on?

Well I tried following the instructions for the short description again, but it still doesn't work. It shows in the admin, but it doesn't show it on the website.

I also added the addon descriptions for the categories, which also doesn't work, it again shows in the admin page where I can add a description to a category, but again it does not show on the website, HELP PLEASE I don't know what to do anymore *cries*

did you makes sure you added the line

$select_column_list .= 'pd.short_desc, ';

to index.php ?

also if you add the line:

echo '<hr>' . $listing_sql . '<hr>';

before the last

?>

in product_listing.php, shows if your creating a valid query.

Please move this to the correct thread, as you've moved away from this contrib http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=307010

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've installed only for listing product, but when I try to list my product I get the next error:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '3' and p2c.categories_id = '40'

[TEP STOP]

anybody knows how to solve it?

Is there anyone out there who has successfully changed the product listing sort order in product_listing_col.php? I understand it defaults to A-Z (products_name) but I'd like to change that to sort by products_date_added. I've looked over the posts here and didnt really find a solution.

Thanks in advance for your help!

not related to this, or any listing contrib, look in tips, answer is there

Sam

Contributions:

Hi,

I've installed only for listing product, but when I try to list my product I get the next error:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '3' and p2c.categories_id = '40'

[TEP STOP]

anybody know how to solve it?

Hy there at all.

At first, sorry for my english.

I have installed Product Listing in Columns.

I have also installed the TOTALB2B contrib.

After installing the Product Listing in Columns is works,

but it show wrong prices in the categorys...

at the moment i have set the option in categorys "show price" to "false"

but i want to set it to "true"

Please can anybody help me??