• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing in Columns v2.0

djmonkey1

Hi, thanks for a cool contribution:-)

Have a few questions though:

1. My buy now image is not centered, but is to the right. How can I center it?

2. My attributes do not show in the listeing. I am selling dresses, and have attributes for size, color and status. How can I make them show. Have I done something wrong maybe??? All other is working fine.

Here is a link to my listing, to show what I mean:

http://www.kjolebutikken.com/oscdemo1/index.php?cPath=23

Thank you:-)

Kjolebutikken

I have been stucked at the sorting problem for 4 days!! May anybody please kindly help me, how or by what contribute can I make my column product listing to enable a drop down sorting menu, just like what this link can do???

Thanks very very much for your great help!!

Iris

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is "Product Display Type" ??

I've been lookin for it in admin/configuration/product listing and I can't find it in any way.

Thanks!!!

you have Product Display Type (Default = 0 or Columns = 1) set to 1 yes

and Number of Columns for product listings set to 3

any one know how to get rid of division by 0 error when you have sub-categories?

• 1 month later...

I have installed the contrib, and it's working fine. I would like to change the layout of column produts display to be more like this one:

http://www.pointsetdigital.com/store/iPod-Headphones_32.htm

I've looked through thr product_listing_col.php file and see only gibberish, but understand how it should work. Can anyone help please?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Help me!!!!!!

I want install the version 2.2 of Product Listing in Columns,but in the package ,the new_install.txt,you said:"1. First off, the database change.Run the included list_multi.sql file", I don't know how to run or how to included list_multi.sql, and I also got this error"1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '16'

can somebody help me ?????? I need your help ,Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help me!!!!!!

I want install the version 2.2 of Product Listing in Columns,but in the package ,the new_install.txt,you said:"1. First off, the database change.Run the included list_multi.sql file", I don't know how to run or how to included list_multi.sql, and I also got this error"1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '16'

can somebody help me ?????? I need your help ,Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your best bet is to use something like phpMyAdmin, which may already be installed in your hosting account. There is an 'SQL' button you click which will display a text box. Copy and paste the contents of list_multi.sql into that and click 'Go'. All should be done!

(Be sure to backup your database first though... just in case something goes wrong).

Try to check and see if you have another contribution installed such as EZ new fields that adds items to the product listing.

Make sure these are transfered over - this eliminated my duplicate prices

I don't know. What happens if you comment it out?

• 2 weeks later...

hey there,

from what i have seen this is a great contribution! I have a problem, i'm using STS and don't know how to integrate it. can anyone give me a hand? is the integration possible?

Hi folks

I have two contributions that installed

- Individual Boxes for products in central boxes

- Product Listing in Columns

And I’ve got everything working perfect, I would just like to change one thing in the product listing page.

Where’s the thing.

- With the contribution Individual Boxes I get the picture on the left and the right I get the rest

Example

- With the contribution Product Listing, all gets centred, the product name, picture under, then description etc

Example

What I would really like to do and cant find any where on the forum is to change Product Listing in Columns contribution to list my products like Individual Boxes contribution does, with the picture on the left and the rest on the right.

I really need some help, hope to get some help to solve this issue.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

1st, love this contribution! Makes my site look great. I have a quick question that I believe most of you could answer in your sleep. We allow people to preorder items that are out of stock - our product is hot and people tend to buy our shipments out before we get them from our supplier! (I know its an awefull problem to have.) My partner thinks that the Buy It Now button is deceptive and should be replaced with a similar button stating "Preorder" if the product quantity is less than 1. I agree with her. I know there must be a very simple if... then... else statement to change the image from button_buy_now.gif to my newly created button_preorder.gif if the quantity of the item falls below 1, but I can't figure it out. Can someone out there help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Hi folks

I have two contributions that installed

- Individual Boxes for products in central boxes

- Product Listing in Columns

And I’ve got everything working perfect, I would just like to change one thing in the product listing page.

Where’s the thing.

- With the contribution Individual Boxes I get the picture on the left and the right I get the rest

Example

- With the contribution Product Listing, all gets centred, the product name, picture under, then description etc

Example

What I would really like to do and cant find any where on the forum is to change Product Listing in Columns contribution to list my products like Individual Boxes contribution does, with the picture on the left and the rest on the right.

I really need some help, hope to get some help to solve this issue.

Cheers

Does someone have any information on this issue? Please let me know. :'(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Great contribution, we have it installed and it is working. What have it set-up to display 3 columns per row. Our problem... the product for the last row is always empty for the first page.

For example

Page 1

-------------

01 02 03

04 05 06

07 08 XX <-- XX indicates the missing "empty" product

Page 2

------------

09 10 11

12 13 14

15 16

For every category, it is like this. Please help, thanks in advance.

-Thuan

Thuan Nguyen

Does product listing in columns work with Separate Pricing Per customer contribution?

Actually, the latest release has the file with the needed changes in the package. It actually contains some bug fixes that are not in the "normal" one.

This is a wonderful add-on, and it makes my site look the way it should. Unlike most sites, however, my site sells photographs. Is there any way to have the product image thumbnail open the "popup_image.php" file, rather than go to the product listing? The reason for this is so people can click the photos, and if they wish to buy it, the pop-up has the buy-it-now and product attribute options (that part is already working well). Thank you in advance!

Hi there,

just installed DJ Monkeys last version of this contribution and althought it appears to be working fine, I don't actually want to display the "Buy Now button with attributes and quantity mod" on my product listing page.

When I comment out the code I think is responsible for it I end up with my products being duplicated below the first row.

Could anyone let me know which bits of code i need to remove, or post a modified version?

Thanks

Dave

For the life of me, I cannot get alternating odd/even rows for multiple columns! I have spent an incredible amount of time playing with the code in product_listing_col to no avail.

// this was added to the code because the first <tr> was not getting set
if ($rows == "1") {
   $list_box_contents[$row] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');
   $class_for_buy_now = 'class="productListing-odd" width="'.$tdsize.'%"';
   $counter = $row;
}

// [b]this section is unmodified from the original[/b]
if (($rows/2) == floor($rows/2) && ($row > $counter)) {
[b]// this section never gets invoked![/b]
   $counter = $row;
} else {
   if ($row > $counter) {
[b]// only this section is getting invoked![/b]
       $list_box_contents[$row] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-even"');
       $class_for_buy_now = 'class="productListing-even" width="'.$tdsize.'%"';
$counter = $row;
  }
}

The section that attempts to set the class to productListing-odd never gets executed. A column value of 1 works, but that runs product_listing.php; product_listing_col.php doesn't work for any column values. I have tried all kinds of stuff and am pulling out what little hair is left trying to get this to work!

Along the same lines, why - if I replace the whole section:

if (($rows/2) == floor($rows/2) && ($row > $counter)) {
   $counter = $row;
} else {
   if ($row > $counter) {
       $list_box_contents[$row] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-even"');
       $class_for_buy_now = 'class="productListing-even" width="'.$tdsize.'%"';
$counter = $row;
  }
}

with just this:

does it not display any product info except for the last product? It just shows a bunch of thin lines representing empty table rows.

OK, I went to a different version and am convinced that there are major issues with product_listing_col.php

1) Out of the box, the code simply does not apply the alternating odd/even classes for 2 columns. The first row will have no class, all other rows will have the odd class.

2) For three or more columns, it does apply the alternating odd/even classes BUT does not apply a class to the first row.

3) If one adds a class for the first row (previous post), it simply skips that entire row.

So

- has anyone gotten this working for 2 columns?

- has anyone gotten the first row to display properly?