• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NO ORDERS SHOWING UP

I have recieved emails from paypal and 2checkout showing that i have paying cutomers. My problem is that i do not know what they ordered because my website does not show any orders when i clck on orders. it does show me my customers but when i click on orders for them i get 0 orders there also. please help i hate to make these customers wait before they hear from me.[/size][/size]

What contributions do you have installed?

pay pal

2checkout

if this is what you are asking....

See what is in their shopping carts (use master password contrib to do this). Then test your shop more fully before going live again.

where do i go to do this?

How would master password help here? If the customer completed the checkout process, their shopping carts would be empty. And if their order isn't showing up in admin, it's not going to show up in their accounts because it reads from the same table.

Sounds like the database call that stores the orders got munged up somehow. On all osC based stores I create, I modify the order query line so that if it doesn't insert correctly, that it mails the store owner the mysql query so that the store owner still gets the order as well as identify what went wrong. That's probably the most important query in the whole store.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hey, sorry for hijacking, but I've got same prob as dynamo,

I cannot see an order that has gone thru, my pconnect is on false and it's still happening. But then I get another 2 customers that order and it works fine. I really need help with this....

ps I am trying to get the Master Password v1.3 contrib onto my store and I dont know how to actually do it (get it in my store) Please help a stressed out girl!!! Thanks again

Edited by pinkshinystar

Hey, sorry for hijacking, but I've got same prob as dynamo,

I cannot see an order that has gone thru, my pconnect is on false and it's still happening. But then I get another 2 customers that order and it works fine. I really need help with this....

ps I am trying to get the Master Password v1.3 contrib onto my store and I dont know how to actually do it (get it in my store) Please help a stressed out girl!!! Thanks again

If a customer that pays in a payment contribution does not click on the continue button after the paying process has been completed succesfully orders are not seen in admin (that is usually the default setting). So if a customer does not complete the whole process order is not saved, confirmation e.mail is not sent and stock is not updated. Meanwhile other orders are processed fine.(That is what happens to me for the credit card contribution that I have installed). I think I have seen in the forum a thread talking about this long time ago.

Anyway I can still see the order because they are saved in another intermediate table created by the payment contribution.

Try looking at all the tables that may be related with your payment contributions in your database using a query interface, not the admin oscommerce interface.

And always test things before going on-line (and back-up before installing any contribution or modification).

Thanks Carle, that's really helpful! :D

I am having the exact same issue with 2checkout... My clients (Store Owners) do not have access to the database tables etc... What I want is for this system to work "ALL THE TIME" not sometimes... Why would OScommerce not process and order or make it a variable if the user doesn't click a button...

Anyone have a contrib to repair this part of the cart? I am really considering changing to another store if this isn't repaired... we have a bunch of unhappy customers who never got their products all because of this bug in the software...

Pulling my hair out...

Chris

:blink:

I had a similiar problem, but it involved paypal only. I read a post on here that indicated that the problem was on the Paypal side and I had to enter a return URL and turn on AUTORETURN. You might search the Suport forum for AUTORETURN and PAYPAL/2CHECKOUT. It may lead you down the right path.

As for my situation, the problem has not occurred since then, but it's so intermittent I am reluctant to call it solved.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the SAME problem. I only use PayPal for payments. Every time someone places an order, I get an email from PayPal saying you've received a payment from so and so. It shows the total amount and the amount of shipping. Even if I log into PayPal, it just shows me the total.

I've also tried logging in to my admin panel and it doesn't even show that orders are pending or that anyone has placed an order. God, I paid a lot of money to get this cart and getting up and running and now I don't even know what someone ordered?!? :(

Guess I have to join the group here and say I have the same issues.

Orders do go through, and emails are dispatched to customers, but admin area doesn?t display that any orders went through, nor does the customers account read any new orders in there display all orders page.

However I can tell that the software did log the order, and I believe it?s an issue with the database perhaps???

I just received this bug today, before today it was working just fine. In fact I copied over my store to a new site, and created a new database for it, and that new store I created had this problem, then I fixed it. Came back to my original store that reads off a different database, now has the issue, and I can?t fix it.

I can?t really say how I fixed the problem the first time around other then I just replaced the orders.php file after I created the database.

Something isn?t right; to bad I'm not good enough in PHP to figure it out. I hope someone out there can shed some light, with some instructions on how to fix it.

I'm having the same problem.

Found what could be the problem

I have noticed that when I checked in admin, in the customer section, where you can edit the customer I get an error. Does anyone else having this problem get this?

It says:

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/homescho/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/homescho/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line

I checked the file "object_into.php and I don't even have it with my 2.2 milestone version. Now what do I do? Perhaps if any of you upgraded you may not have this file also and it's causing problems? Where do I get it?

Thanks

Guess I have to join the group here and say I have the same issues.

Orders do go through, and emails are dispatched to customers, but admin area doesn?t display that any orders went through, nor does the customers account read any new orders in there display all orders page.

However I can tell that the software did log the order, and I believe it?s an issue with the database perhaps???

I just received this bug today, before today it was working just fine. In fact I copied over my store to a new site, and created a new database for it, and that new store I created had this problem, then I fixed it. Came back to my original store that reads off a different database, now has the issue, and I can?t fix it.

I can?t really say how I fixed the problem the first time around other then I just replaced the orders.php file after I created the database.

Something isn?t right; to bad I'm not good enough in PHP to figure it out. I hope someone out there can shed some light, with some instructions on how to fix it.

I installed the paypal ipm module and now my problem seems to be gone. I hope.