• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate not importing any products

Hi,

As you may of geussed from the title topic, my problem at present is that Easy populate isn't importing my products, i start an import, it looks to have gone fine but no products are imported, i'm still left with the 3 test products i have entered in.

I must of installed or configured Easy Populate wrong or something PLEASE help as i have 300 + products at present which will need to be imported as i'm NOT doing it manulally thanks very much ! :))

Thansk

Ian

Edited by mad cowboy

along the lines of:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php3UtQ6A

User filename: EP2005Oct13-2109.csv

Size: 2050

i have tried samller file sizes, different User filenames.

Can't figure out what is going wrong.

is there a path wrong some where in the confiuration or when i set it up ?

Thanks for the reply!

The path is usually the problem when setting up EP. Look in the admin/easypopulate.php file and be sure the path to the temp directory is correct. Also check the settings to be sure the type of file you are uploading is the type setup in the file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The path is usually the problem when setting up EP. Look in the admin/easypopulate.php file and be sure the path to the temp directory is correct. Also check the settings to be sure the type of file you are uploading is the type setup in the file.

Jack

Great ! thanks for guiding me in the right direction!!

Done it, had the right path for the tempm directory but didn't have a number of things like the right permission on my temp directory, the field lengths didn't match foe model.

Now i can start getting serious with OSC !!

Click Cart Pro can now be binned well, at least until i have finished this new site !!

Thanks

again !

Great ! thanks for guiding me in the right direction!!

Done it, had the right path for the tempm directory but didn't have a number of things like the right permission on my temp directory, the field lengths didn't match foe model.

Now i can start getting serious with OSC !!

Click Cart Pro can now be binned well, at least until i have finished this new site !!

Thanks

again !

Hello,

I'm having the same problem and have checked the path to my temp file and tried it many different ways with absolutely no success.

Please reply and let me know exactly how my path should appear:

/product-catalog/temp/

/temp/

/u/web/hea200/product-catalog/temp/

And I've tried all of these with and without using the $DOCUMENT_ROOT in the /admin/includes/configure.php file.

Please help. I've tried this a dozen ways and EP doesn't even give me the satisfaction of generating an error message to give me a clue what's going on.

I just keep getting this message:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpbi7Cit

User filename: EP2005Oct08-1212-upload.txt

Size: 24547

But no products!

Please help.

Thanks!

Pete

The temp directory is located in the same directory as your index.php file for the shop. So if the shop is in the root, then the path to the temp directory would be /temp/. If your shop is in the catalog directory, then the path to the temp directory would be /catalog/temp/. If the shop is located in the shop/mysite diectory, then the path to the temp directory would /shop/mysite/temp/. Do you see the pattern? Without knowing where your shop is located, no one can say what the path should be but the above should help you figure it out. Also, depending on how you have your configure file set up, yo umay not need the leading slash.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

it's all dependant oin where you have installed OSC.

if it's in catalog then it should be:

catalog/temp

Try it without the slash before catalog.

If it just in the root of your local diectory then it should just be:

temp/

again try it without the slash before the directory.

Also the file must be in the same format as you downloaded it if you see what i mean, if it's semi-colon then it needs to be imported as semi-colon thats what i understand anyway, don't forget i'm new ish to OSC myself.

What error message are you getting exactly when you try to upload?

make sure the temp directory has the correct permissions as laid out in the text files in the easy populate file its worht reading through it.

Easy Populate does work !! took me a while but its worth it !!

hope that helps.