• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Locked out of admin...need help!

Blowin

Somehow I have been locked out of my admin panel for my site. I haven't changed the password and I've had my site well over a year and haven't forgotten the password, but all of a sudden it's different and I can't log in. I think the support guy at ipower may have something to do with it as he was not too happy with me last night. How can I fix this?

Somehow I have been locked out of my admin panel for my site. I haven't changed the password and I've had my site well over a year and haven't forgotten the password, but all of a sudden it's different and I can't log in. I think the support guy at ipower may have something to do with it as he was not too happy with me last night. How can I fix this?

Try contacting your host again and explain the problem because your a user name and password dont change by them selves

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Try contacting your host again and explain the problem because your a user name and password dont change by them selves

I will try, but the problem is with my admin...my vdeck through the host works fine...

I will try, but the problem is with my admin...my vdeck through the host works fine...

Could be a glitch with the host and sorry but im not fermiliar with vdeck

( WARNING )

Could be a glitch with the host and sorry but im not fermiliar with vdeck

vdeck is a cpanel...it's your admin on the host side of your website. Is there no where that I can look up what the password was changed to in the database?

vdeck is a cpanel...it's your admin on the host side of your website. Is there no where that I can look up what the password was changed to in the database?

Not unless you have access to the .htaccess files

( WARNING )

Not unless you have access to the .htaccess files

I should be able to get to those through my host's cpanel right? Just not sure where they're located....

If I can find them, is there something in particular I should look for?

I should be able to get to those through my host's cpanel right? Just not sure where they're located....

If I can find them, is there something in particular I should look for?

I found the .htaccess file and there's nothing in it...should there be something in it?

I found the .htaccess file and there's nothing in it...should there be something in it?

ok...I can see that there's more than one .htacess file...which one to I go to in order to find my admin password or to change it....I really need to get this fixed...starting to panic!

ok...I can see that there's more than one .htacess file...which one to I go to in order to find my admin password or to change it....I really need to get this fixed...starting to panic!

Does anyone know how to just change the admin password? There has to be a way to do this....

I can't access anything in my admin until this is fixed...no orders no customers...any help is GREATLY appreciated...

Archived