• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a salesperson commission contribution?

Haitashi

Hello:

I want to provide users the opportunity to enter their sales person name or code in order to give them commission for their sales.

No luck finding it, any ideas?

If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then why worry about it?

What about

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2082

or just adding an extra field for the customer to fill out when placing an order or creating account so they can enter the persons name?

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I was planing on use the coupon crontrib. I give a coupon with the name to each person and when the person buy it using that coupon, then we know who was the person that referred it.

Is there a way to manage this list better?

1) Like adding the sales among of each similar coupon code used.

2) Creating a section where each person can login and see how much contrib they have earned.

It would be a great function. Is it possible? anyone can do it?

i have used the affiliate program for doing just that.

lol i have used the affiliate program in a lot of crazy situations.

just have the ref_id change based on which coupon they use and you get a pretty good accounting

there is a contribution called osc affiliate you must install first

then you have to assign each one of your coupons an affiliate

then in checkout_process.php use that affiliate_id as ref_id

it's a bit of coding envolved

you have to add another field in the coupon table called ref_id and populate it when you create the coupon. unless you own the store and wouldn't mind entering the value from php admin you must also add another field to populate the ref_id when you create the coupon

then you must search this field and use it as a ref_id in checkout_process.php

or you can make the ref_Id to have some relationship to coupon id

i hope you understand what i am talking about. you have to think out of the box a little,

i did not use the gccv just a simple dropdown of the affiliate in checkout

this way the customer can pick their sales person but the gift certificate should work just as good but it is a little bit more complicated.

I think I found a solution.

Here is what I did. I changed the coupon_id to match with the ref_id and added '&ref=' . $coupon_result['coupon_id'] into the ot_coupon file.

Since the page gets refleshed when someone inputs a coupon code, i made it reflesh with the ref_id loaded also. For this to work, I have to give a coupon based on the affiliate id.

It should work fine temporally i thing, hope there appear a better way of doing it.

yes that should work

you can also make a table to establish the relation of ref_id to coupon_id if you want to use diffrent coupons for the same ref

or you can add another field to enter the ref_id when you create the coupon

just see how coupon_id is done and copy it. the potential is limitless.

just enter data in db and search for it when you need it

• 2 years later...

i also need this, but didn't really follow what I am supposed to do. Any help would be appreciated....I am willing to pay someone a small fee to do this for me...