• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Module

en_shua

When we registered at USPS.com for access, it gave me a Web Tools User ID, but the module seems to be asking for something else. Or, if this user id is the one that I was given, I don't remember entering a password for this. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

When we registered at USPS.com for access, it gave me a Web Tools User ID, but the module seems to be asking for something else. Or, if this user id is the one that I was given, I don't remember entering a password for this. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

the registration for web tools email has this in it:

Your Web Tools User ID is: ##BLAHBLAH###

Your Web Tools Password is: #&*MoreBLAH$%^

if it doesn't then call them.

this web tools id and password will allow you to test your modules out in on safe test server.

run a few orders on their test server, then call them up or email them stating you want to be put on the live server. they will activate you for the production server-- which you can't use until you tell them to set you up after your tests.

Seems like they may have changed how things work:

IMPORTANT NOTE: The current documentation refers to a password. Please ignore all references to password in the documentation. Password is no longer used or required.

Your Web Tools User ID to integrate USPS Web Tools is provided above.

So, I guess I should just blank out the password section?

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.
If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I got this whether I had the password section populated or not. I do have the Test radial button selected. Any ideas what the problem is?

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.
If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I got this whether I had the password section populated or not. I do have the Test radial button selected. Any ideas what the problem is?

well its been a few years since i signed up for an account with them. ok. no password anymore. thats ok i guess.

have you called them to request to be put on the live server?

i remeber testing this way back and getting errors- setting up a debug solution, still never getting it to work. after i called the usps techs, they saw my tests on the test server and told me everything was fine. i asked for live status and they did.

about your error now...did you set your store's country, state and zip code in your store admin? check to see if you have the proper store setting applied.

Under Configuration->My Store, I have the country, state and ZIP entered.

Under Configuration->Shipping/Packaging, I have Country and Postal Code populated.

my next guess would be to call or email usps and get switched to the live server, change your usps module to live after they ok you and see if you get any results.

if i remember correctly i never got the test server to work properly, but as soon as i entered it live, it started working properly.

in test mode i always got errors, never saw any results on my end. when i called to ask about it, the tech saw every test order i made on his end so it was working...just not posting back to my store. he set me up for live and it worked.

thats the best encouragement/help i can offer.

I got in touch with icustomercare@USPS. Since USPS changed the way this works, here is what new people have to do to get the module to work in osCommerce:

1. Sign up for a Web Tools account at USPS
  2. Turn right around and contact USPS and ask for this account to be activated and put into Production.
  3. Open "includes\modules\shipping\usps.php". Look for "$api_dll = 'ShippingAPITest.dll';" and change it to "$api_dll = 'ShippingAPI.dll';"
  4. Run a test, and once it works, go to the module in Admin and select the Production box to place things in production.

#2 might not have to be done then, but it's pretty much what I did, and everything works.