• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Allowed to use merchant logos?

Jes1FromFL

http://www.adidas-salomon.com/en/local/met...gal/default.asp

The use of adidas trademarks on any other web site or network computer environment is only allowed if it is explicitly permitted under this web site.

I have no idea what that means. :huh:

It means what it says. You can only use the logo on another website than the adidas website when you have permission to use it. So, for the ADIDAS logo, its not allowed to use it without permission......

I don't now if this goes for all trademarks/logos

I don't now if this goes for all trademarks/logos

That is pretty much the rule for all of them. However, if you contact them and explain that you are setting up a resale site that will be selling their products, many of them will grant you the permission and often provide you with the logos to use.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

• 2 weeks later...
Doesn't make much sense IMO

if you are selling THEIR stuff why not use THEIR logo

It is mostly a matter of defending their trademark. If they don't actively defend it, they can lose rights to it.

If you are selling their product, and request permission, most will authorize it and provide logo images to use.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

I think this would fall under fair use.

Fair use only pertains to copyrights. Trademarks are completely different.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Archived