• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Hi, I just installed this contribution, and started testing.

However, everytime I try a payment, the following error comes back :

[shortMessage] => Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

[LongMessage] => Shipping total is invalid.

[ErrorCode] => 10427

[severityCode] => Error

Anyone have a clue how my shipping total could be invalid??? :blink:

I'm stuck!

Thanks!

an authorization is like a hotel does when you check in, they only authorize a specified amount for a future capture. you then have to capture the final amount in a seperate action on paypal. I believe this mod, has issues with auth, so just stick with Sale

-Dave

an authorization is like a hotel does when you check in, they only authorize a specified amount for a future capture. you then have to capture the final amount in a seperate action on paypal. I believe this mod, has issues with auth, so just stick with Sale

Ok, thanks will do. Did you see my other post about the shipping total being invalid? Any clues there?

Thanks for the help!

This is the support thread for the PayPal Direct Payments & Express Checkout module. Please post any bugs or errors you see while using it so that they can be fixed.

The contribution can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

Not sure if anyone can help but I thought I give it a try. First off "Thank You", for the contribution. I am not a coder and found most of the instructions pretty easy to follow.

I am however getting this error when I select an item and and then proceed to checkout. I select the Express Check out and I get an error.

An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

Error #1: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. (10471)

ReturnURL is invalid.

Error #2: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. (10472)

CancelURL is invalid.

I am not sure where I screwed up, but any help would be appreciated. I am doing this for a friend and so it's like charity work. You can check here for the site errors https://pgclothing.com. Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi, I just installed this contribution, and started testing.

However, everytime I try a payment, the following error comes back :

[shortMessage] => Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

[LongMessage] => Shipping total is invalid.

[ErrorCode] => 10427

[severityCode] => Error

Anyone have a clue how my shipping total could be invalid??? :blink:

I'm stuck!

Thanks!

This problem is getting weirder. It seems to be intermittent. I just made 2 test payments. One with express checkout, the other by manually entering credit card info on my checkout page. They both worked.

I then tried it again, and they both fail with the "Shipping total is invalid" error again. WTF is going on??

Hope some kind soul can help! :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Bill

@graysonhobby: Post your modified /includes/wpp_xml/setExpressCheckout.xml

@Wickedboy: If they don't understand how to configure the way Apache handles mimetypes in their httpd.conf file, I would strongly suggest finding another webhost. GoDaddy isn't exactly considered a world-class hosting outfit.

dynamoeffects, i really need your help here. Could you state what mimetypes is needed in order to get ExpressCheckout working? I need to mail them to get it done. Thanks.

When I enter all the info in the EDIT column, including the required API Certificate info, and click Save I get the errors below. Does anyone know how I can fix these?

Those are just warnings and can be ignored. Refer to the PHP error_reporting documentation for instructions on how to disable those warnings: http://www.php.net/error_reporting

Would it be possible that importing the SQL required for this module would have turned the "auto-increment" off on all these fields?

That is most likely your problem. I would also strongly suggest against using version 0.8b.

One other question.. what is the difference between the "sale" and "authorization" selections on this module?

I didn't see the definition in the README.

Thanks!

If you set it to "Authorization", a certain amount of money will be reserved on their card. When you log into Paypal and check the transaction history, you'll be able to charge their card for the full or partial amount. Useful for avoiding fraud or not charging their cards until their order ships. I'd eventually like to add a "Capture" button to the order page in the admin so that charging their card will be a simple button click.

Not sure if anyone can help but I thought I give it a try. First off "Thank You", for the contribution. I am not a coder and found most of the instructions pretty easy to follow.

I am however getting this error when I select an item and and then proceed to checkout. I select the Express Check out and I get an error.

An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

Error #1: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. (10471)

ReturnURL is invalid.

Error #2: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. (10472)

CancelURL is invalid.

I am not sure where I screwed up, but any help would be appreciated. I am doing this for a friend and so it's like charity work. You can check here for the site errors https://pgclothing.com. Thank you in advance for any help.

As both the ReturnURL and CancelURL are built from what you have in your configure.php file, I'm guessing that your configure.php file is incorrectly setup.

dynamoeffects, i really need your help here. Could you state what mimetypes is needed in order to get ExpressCheckout working? I need to mail them to get it done. Thanks.

As I said before, if they can't look at the problem and fix it, nothing I'll be able to say is going to help you. If their support staff is that inept, you need to find your friend a new webhost. As I don't have access to the server, I can say one way or another, but from my experience as a systems administrator, the first place I'd look is at the httpd.conf file and make sure that the mimetypes are setup correctly. Since you're using GoDaddy, do you have the proxy address set correctly in the module's settings? What's the name of your paypal certificate?

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

As I said before, if they can't look at the problem and fix it, nothing I'll be able to say is going to help you. If their support staff is that inept, you need to find your friend a new webhost. As I don't have access to the server, I can say one way or another, but from my experience as a systems administrator, the first place I'd look is at the httpd.conf file and make sure that the mimetypes are setup correctly. Since you're using GoDaddy, do you have the proxy address set correctly in the module's settings? What's the name of your paypal certificate?

Yeap i set the proxy address as what they gave me.

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, TRUE);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, http://64.202.165.130:3128);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);

I went to /includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php and added

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, TRUE);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "http://64.202.165.130:3128");

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

Thats all...that i have changed. Did i do it right?

and paypal cert was "cert_key_pem.txt"

in "/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert"

Edited by Wickedboy

You just need to add "http://64.202.165.130:3128" to the module's settings. Reupload an unchanged version of the module, then go into the admin section and add that address where it says "cURL Proxy".

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Transaction refused because of an invalid argument.

(10426) Item total is invalid.

(10427) Shipping total is invalid.

(10428) Handling total is invalid.

(10429) Tax total is invalid.

If the Express Checkout button is selected, it returns these errors. However, the same order goes through if I enter the details under "PayPal Direct Payment".

Can anyone help?

Today, I started receiving an error message when attempting Express Checkout. This is what PayPal is returning when I click "Checkout with PayPal".

"Authorization Failed

This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow."

I'm still running 0.7 with modifications. Did PayPal change something that caused this to break? Is anyone who is running 0.8.2 having trouble with EC today?

Perhaps it is time to upgrade.

--Glen

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to slow the pace down here but I need some guidance on "exactly" how and what files to install. ie. step 2 of the installation instructions. :blush: (New to HTML, PHP etc etc etc !!)

Do I only install the actual files listed in the instructions, as I have more than these in the downloaded programme?

A idiots guide would be appreciated!!! :blush:

Thanks

I am getting the following error whenever I try to view "Processing" orders in my admin area or "All Orders". I can view past orders, but no new orders are showing. I have read through the topic here and see others have had the same issue, but I've done the suggestions I've seen and still receive the same error. The order processes, emails me the order, but doesnt show in my admin area.

Here is the error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and s.orders_status_id = '2' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to slow the pace down here but I need some guidance on "exactly" how and what files to install. ie. step 2 of the installation instructions. :blush: (New to HTML, PHP etc etc etc !!)

Do I only install the actual files listed in the instructions, as I have more than these in the downloaded programme?

A idiots guide would be appreciated!!! :blush:

Thanks

Hi - The files shown:

/catalog/ec_process.php

/catalog/includes/wpp_xml/

/catalog/includes/wpp_xml/doDirectPayment.xml

/catalog/includes/wpp_xml/doExpressCheckout.xml

/catalog/includes/wpp_xml/getExpressCheckoutDetails.xml

/catalog/includes/wpp_xml/setExpressCheckout.xml

/catalog/includes/wpp_xml/transactionSearch.xml

/catalog/includes/languages/english/ec_process.php

/catalog/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/

/catalog/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/.htaccess

/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php

These are new files/folders that are not currently in OSC. You have to make the folders and upload those files. If you have a stock version (not modified at all) you upload all the rest of the files too included in your package to the corresponding folders. If you have modified anything in your OSC, you'll need to do the changes to each file manually. Hope this helped.

Julie

I am getting the following error whenever I try to view "Processing" orders in my admin area or "All Orders". I can view past orders, but no new orders are showing. I have read through the topic here and see others have had the same issue, but I've done the suggestions I've seen and still receive the same error. The order processes, emails me the order, but doesnt show in my admin area.

Here is the error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

In one of the releases, split_page_results.php has been updated, fixing this problem. I'd suggest downloading the latest version of osCommerce and copying over the includes/classes/split_page_results.php and admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php files.

Hi - The files shown:

/catalog/ec_process.php

These are new files/folders that are not currently in OSC. You have to make the folders and upload those files. If you have a stock version (not modified at all) you upload all the rest of the files too included in your package to the corresponding folders. If you have modified anything in your OSC, you'll need to do the changes to each file manually. Hope this helped.

Julie

Hi - The files shown:

/catalog/ec_process.php

Julie

Thanks Julie,

All files & folders added exactly.

Trebble checked them but as I log in to create an account or access the cart I get the following message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access //index.php on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.55 (Red Hat) Server at web24.secure-secure.co.uk Port 443

I have no paypal icon on the home page, should this not be addedd beneath the "new customer" "returning customer box? web site is www.busymom.co.uk

Thanks

Paul

Plenty - and much better too. For UK site owners the best has to be Prox Direct. The customer stays on your website, it's only the encrypted data which goes back and fore your site and Protx.

You do need an Internet Merchant ID, or have access to a third party (shared) Internet Merchant ID, and a Protx account, and your site needs SSL (shared or full) - and away you go!

Vger

Thanks I will check this out. my issue is trying to get a merchant account without any trading history? This is why paypal is appealing as I can use my standard current account. I understand protx requires a seperate merchant account

Any advice?

Thanks

Thanks dynamo, its working now but im getting an error of such in

checkout_payment.php

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Invalid Data (10542)
This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid email address.

This is running on sandbox mode. Card details used is what you recommended in your readme.

In one of the releases, split_page_results.php has been updated, fixing this problem. I'd suggest downloading the latest version of osCommerce and copying over the includes/classes/split_page_results.php and admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php files.

Thanks!! Fixed the error but it's still not showing my "Processing" orders at all. Only orders showing are those that were there before the add on. But the orders are being saved because on the main admin screen it shows Orders Processing: 4 (which is how many I've done trying to test since the add on).

Thanks!

Thanks Julie,

All files & folders added exactly.

Trebble checked them but as I log in to create an account or access the cart I get the following message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access //index.php on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.55 (Red Hat) Server at web24.secure-secure.co.uk Port 443

I have no paypal icon on the home page, should this not be addedd beneath the "new customer" "returning customer box? web site is www.busymom.co.uk

Thanks

Paul

Paul.. going to redirect you to Dynamo... because I could only tell you how to install the modification. I dont want to give you false information, so I'll let him answer you. I can tell you that I have the paypal express checkout button on mine for customers to use before logging in or creating an account. Sorry I cant be more helpful to you.

Julie

checkout_payment.php comes blank

Hi,

I've installed 0.8.2 contribution at https://64.182.151.10/catalog/index.php site sucessfully. Transaction is being processed correctly if user click on the "Checkout with Paypal" button. I'm getting error when I'd like to place order using credit card payment and checkout_payment.php files comes blank. It does not show any error message. Please guide me in this regard.

Thanks in advance,

Masood