• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

The "error when we contacted paypal's servers" error means that your server wasn't able to reach PayPal. Either cURL's not installed/functioning or your pear modules are incomplete. If you're using goDaddy, you need to go through a proxy.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I'm a newbie at this and need help. I apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I installed this module and have the following settings:

API Certificate File

paypal_wpp/certs/cert_key_pem.txt

API Username

(Got from Paypal)

API Password

(Got from Paypal)

PayPal BN

OSCommerce-2.2MS2 ?

Payment Action

Sale

IPN Notification URL

?

Enable cURL Library

True

cURL Path

/usr/bin/curl

Where do I get the BN and IPN notification URL? How do I know if I need the cURL Library enabled? I'm not familiar enough with the terminology. My site is http://shop.thereignofcatsanddogs.com. I get an error "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again" when I try to pass a real CC number live.

Thank you!!

This is a great contribution and worked perfectly with sandbox testing. Also worked perfectly with live testing as long as I have a product with weight. As soon as I try to put a Download product such as an mp3 file throught, paypal comes back with this

"(10530) The city in the shipping address is missing"

Of course with a download product we bypass the shipping module and there should be no shipping address.

Has any one come across this problem? I did not fine this as a post.

My downloads controller has been working fine until now, and is still working with other modules.

msmindy: You're using pbreit's module. I'd suggest switching over to mine as his is not supported and hasn't been updated since released, but you'll need to ask questions specific to his here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=178712

lupole: The shipping address issue with virtual products should've been fixed. Are you using 0.7.3? I'll look into it a little deeper.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

The "error when we contacted paypal's servers" error means that your server wasn't able to reach PayPal. Either cURL's not installed/functioning or your pear modules are incomplete. If you're using goDaddy, you need to go through a proxy.

Thanks Brian!

Here is what I found from my host :

"Due to stability issues with curl compiled into PHP we do not have it built in. Curl is available on the unix servers as an external application under /usr/local/bin/curl"

So with this knowledge - were would I alter the code to access the local curl path?

Thanks again - hope this is not a fatal problem.

-b

msmindy: You're using pbreit's module. I'd suggest switching over to mine as his is not supported and hasn't been updated since released, but you'll need to ask questions specific to his here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=178712

Thanks dynamoeffects, unfortunately, I'm not familiar with how to install a sql file. I don't have phpMyAdmin (nor would I probably understand how to install it), and I only have regular ftp access to my site. Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much!

lupole: The shipping address issue with virtual products should've been fixed. Are you using 0.7.3? I'll look into it a little deeper.

Thank you dynamoeffects, I installed 0.7.3 and my download mp3 products as well as weighted products works prefectly in live testing. You have done a great job! :lol:

ok -

I altered the proxy in the admin section to include the path to the cURL

"/usr/local/bin/curl"

This does not work?

I am also not able to get an approval on the credit card entry - it says:

"Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info."

so is this the cURL problem too?

or is this a pear issue??

ok -

I altered the proxy in the admin section to include the path to the cURL

"/usr/local/bin/curl"

This does not work?

I am also not able to get an approval on the credit card entry - it says:

"Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info."

so is this the cURL problem too?

or is this a pear issue??

Well this works fine... it says it is DETECTED!

<?php
if (function_exists('curl_exec')) {
$curl_message = '<br>cURL has been <b>DETECTED</b> in your system';
} else {
$curl_message = '<br>cURL has <b>NOT</b> been <b>DETECTED</b> in your system';
}

echo $curl_message;
?>

so possibly a setopt() function issue... trying to get the host on the phone... AHH! MY EYES!!

I hope this is the issue here?

One thing I never got clarification on was the API key format... I assume it is kosher to cut and paste the Signature Hash string into a txt doc and point to it?

Shouldn't this give another error message like.... '%API Key Error' etc.? If it could not get the key string?

Unfortunately, this module currently only works with PHP with cURL support compiled in. The 0.8 version is planned to get rid of the pear modules and have several different methods of contacting paypal. I believe pbreit's has that functionality, though.

One thing I never got clarification on was the API key format... I assume it is kosher to cut and paste the Signature Hash string into a txt doc and point to it?

THIS IS IT!!

I never thought to think about the key... but apparently I should have downloaded the key that was meant for "Single Full Control" the first check on the API cert request...which gives you a download instead of a 3-token auth print-out.

So this fixed it!!

Make sure to choose the first option when getting the API cert from paypal sandbox, not the 3-Token Authentication version!!

However, now when I hit EC btn it takes me to pay-pal but asks me to login to the dev account? Is this normal?

But the CC process works perfect!!

How'd you fix the setopt problem?

It wasn't the problem, just the API cert file was the wrong one. I got a 3-token auth instead of the cert_key_pem.txt file from PayPal.

But now why am I getting a "you must Login to Developer Account" when I transfer over to PayPal via the EC btn?

And then if I log in to the Developer Account, it just logs me into the dev page of PayPal and that it??

I thought it would create an account or something?

-b

There was a problem validating your account. Please try again.

Several people have posted about this error recently (jlong07, MechBun), but the fix (which seems to have done the trick for me) was posted on March 23 by giz286sim:

Around line 516 in the file /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php change:

//$_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info'] = $paypal_ec_payer_info;

tep_session_register('paypal_ec_payer_info');

TO:

$_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info'] = $paypal_ec_payer_info;

I started with a clean OsCommerce install, added WPP 0.7.3, and then installed CCGV 5.16 and "fixes 1.1". I can create and send gift vouchers, and they show up properly in a user's shopping cart as a "voucher balance". When the user goes to check out, however, there is no way to apply this "voucher balance" to the purchase. The "redeem code" box seems to work, but that does not allow a user to apply funds from the voucher balance.

With a dollar amount "stuck" in the voucher balance, any purchase made for less than that voucher balance is not being charged to the customer. Instead of charging the customer's credit card, the order is just processed and the voucher balance remains.

I realize this is the WPP forum, but HOW THE HECK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO USE THE VOUCHER BALANCE?

Is the PayPal Website Payments Pro 0.7.3 contribution messing with the voucher redemption process?

Can somebody point me to a site that uses CCGV so I can see it working properly (and perhaps mail me a voucher for a penny)? I don't even know what options, buttons or boxes are supposed to be on the checkout_payment.php page.

Hi,

Thank you for this contribution. I would be lost without it.

I have an error I was wondering if anyone had insight on. When I get to the Direct Pay page of checkout_payment.php, i enter fake CC info for testing, but then this error displays on the next page, checkout_confirmation.php

Warning: Missing argument 4 for validate() in /pathtoosc/includes/classes/cc_validation.php on line 21

Warning: Missing argument 5 for validate() in /pathtoosc/includes/classes/cc_validation.php on line 21

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /pathtoosc/includes/classes/cc_validation.php:21) in /pathtoosc/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Then when I click the Back button, this error displays:

"The credit card information you entered contains an error. Please check it and try again."

Am I entering the wrong "Test" CC info? Or another problem occuring?

Thanks for any insight or help,

Mike

It appears as though my CCGV issue was not WPP related, but here's where I stand:

I'm half way there. A user was kind enough to email me a screen capture of what the "to be used from Gift Vouchers" checkbox looked like. Knowing what to look for, I was able to determine that in order for this checkbox to appear, the Discount Coupons module must appear BEFORE the Gift Vouchers module. The documentation suggests that sort order can be reversed for these two, but that breaks the Gift Voucher Balance functionality.

The remaining bug seems to be this:

If a customer has a gift voucher balance large enough to cover the entire purchase, but does not select the "to be used from Gift Vouchers" checkbox, since the payment module is not displayed, the customer is not charged for the purchase.

I guess I either need to check for this scenario and change the checkbox to a hidden form field, or make sure the payment module is displayed even when the gift voucher balance is large enough to cover the purchase.

Has anyone else seen this bug or am I just crazy?

Okay, I think I'm good. The Jonyo addition is now working properly in CCGV so even if the credit voucher balance could cover the purchase, the WPP module still shows up as an option. When the "use voucher" checkbox is selected, the WPP module is disabled and the voucher is applied.

This has been a wonderful self-help session.

I hope installing these two contributions side-by-side isn't such a major challenge for everyone. Perhaps I should post my fully functional combined files? Let me know if you're interested:

Stock ocC 2.2 ms2 files altered for WPP 0.7.3 & CCGV 5.16 with 1.1 bugfixes

MLT, your (first and probably second) error is caused because you have a non-standard cc_validation.php file.

Tim, no for two reasons. 1) 5.16 is terribly buggy and 2) the two barely innertwine anywhere in the code.

Thank you Dynamoeffects, for pointing me in the right direction. Does that mean I need to replace my cc_validation.php file with one from a fresh download of OSC? (I am currently using a heavily modified CRE version) I also do not have SSL installed yet, but will soon.

Thanks for you help!! :)

I finally figured out my problems... they were many. First, I had pbreits mod installed not yours. Second, my client was set for 3 token auth, third, I was dealing with remnants of pbreits work, which were broken bewause I had replaced their foundation with your files.

anyway, thanks... great mod

Hi, I have read the forum and googled it and it looks like there were issues with shipping address with PayPal Express checkout. I have same/similar problems: Once I choose my shipping address and go right back to checkout_shipping.php, I hit "edit address" and I go back to PayPal again. Choose another address on file in PayPal, then get return back to checkout_shipping.php. However, I find that the address did NOT change at all! This means customers, who use PayPal Express Checkout, can only choose their address once and be very careful about it or else they can't change it afterwards.

Just some more info: In modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php, under:

'ship_address_status' => $address_info->AddressStatus);

I have

$_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info'] = $paypal_ec_payer_info;

instead of only

because using the latter will return blank address from PayPal.

In addition, is the Overriding Address feature working all right yet?

Thanks! Any help will greatly appreciated!

Ken

Dynamo, since you've used CCGV, and seem to really know what you're doing, do you have any suggestions for a certain build that was more stable than others, or a different contribution that may be better?

I'd suggest using Rhea's sane version, CCGV(trad).

Thank you Dynamoeffects, for pointing me in the right direction. Does that mean I need to replace my cc_validation.php file with one from a fresh download of OSC? (I am currently using a heavily modified CRE version) I also do not have SSL installed yet, but will soon.

Thanks for you help!! :)

That might break CRE, but it's worth a shot.

Ken: It's a known problem that will be fixed.