• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Being new to OSC, but not to IPB, I have spent litterally hours using the search but found nothing that answers the same question asked litterally hundreds of times:

What causes the "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again." and "Authorization Failed This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow." errors?

I have a US account and set everything up with the sandbox, copied the certificate to the right folder, set the right path, etc.

Are these errors due to something I have missed, or is this just a sandbox only error?

Unless you didn't do a complete installation, sounds like you're using pbreit's module. Look at the readme and confirm which contribution you're using.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Is there a good full walkthrough on how to install all of this that I'm missing? I read the readme.txt file included. But, for example, Paypal is asking me whether I want a first party or third party api, which I have no idea, and either way (first or third) it's asking about more info that I have no idea on. Neither option provides me with any file to download.

Also, in admin, It's asking for this:

PayPal BN

IPN Notification URL

Enable cURL Library

cURL Path

None of which I'm at all familiar with. So, yeah, I'm pretty lost here :)

http://www.electricquarter.com

You're using pbreit's contribution. I can't locate his support thread at the moment, but that would be the place to find help for his.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Ahh, no wonder, yours looks much better supported. The link from paypal to install oscommerce support only shows his.

Edit - Just downloaded, I'm still a bit confused as to which api I need though. It's offering first party or third party, and I don't see anywhere to "download" the cert.

Edited by Sylentwulf

0.7.2 is out

This version should work for those with register globals disabled. It also has a shipping address bug fix by SteveDallas and fixes a small error in the declined card email.

Ahh, no wonder, yours looks much better supported. The link from paypal to install oscommerce support only shows his.

Edit - Just downloaded, I'm still a bit confused as to which api I need though. It's offering first party or third party, and I don't see anywhere to "download" the cert.

Probably first party since this is your site, but I could be wrong.

Out of curiosity, where on paypal is his module listed? It would only be because he works for PayPal, but he just kind of dumped the module and ran - not supporting or updating it. Has anyone been able to get it to work?

Probably first party since this is your site, but I could be wrong.

Out of curiosity, where on paypal is his module listed? It would only be because he works for PayPal, but he just kind of dumped the module and ran - not supporting or updating it. Has anyone been able to get it to work?

Go to merchant tab on paypal, scroll to second box (website payments pro)

This text: Please note: We highly recommend using a shopping cart preintegrated with Website Payments Pro

Is linked to their "shopping carts supported" page, scroll down to oscommerce, and click on highlited link, takes you directly to his contrib.

If I choose first party (It is my website, hosted at powweb, using oscommerce cart) then it takes me to this (prefilled info, no file, no customization choices):

Credential Type: API signature for three-token authentication

API User Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Signature Hash: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Request Date: Mar. 23, 2006 03:36:12 PST

Third party takes me here with a field to fill in and four check boxes:

Enter an API Partner Username: Help

Select Your API Access Level:

Direct_Payment

Express_Checkout

Admin_API

Auth_Settle

Edited by Sylentwulf

with the new one I get:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ']' in /home/content/t/r/w/trwood/html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 691
:(

SylentWulf: You want the first party one.

Sudsy: a new version has been uploaded. Give that one a shot.

For you people with Register Globals turned off, try doing this:

1. Open up /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php

2. Change these lines:

tep_session_register('paypal_ec_token');

$paypal_ec_token = $response->getToken();

to this:

There are a few other lines that need to be fixed, but if this gets you past the looping problem, I'll release a version with all of the lines fixed.

Dynamo thank you!

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a server that I can turn register_globals off without causing mass destruction, so I'm unable to really test it.

Try changing this:

to this:

$_SESSION['paypal_ec_token'] = $paypal_ec_token;

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a server that I can turn register_globals off without causing mass destruction, so I'm unable to really test it.

Try changing this:

to this:

That almost fixes it. Now it gets back to the store but it give this error:

"There was a problem validating your account. Please try again."

Try changing this:

to this:

That gave me - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ']' in xxxx/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 694

You're probably using 0.7.2. I just released a quick update to fix that problem. Just overwrite the paypal_wpp.php file with the new one.

That almost fixes it. Now it gets back to the store but it give this error:

"There was a problem validating your account. Please try again."

I played around with the code and got it to work! (by copying the logic used to fix $paypal_ec_token- not that I understand wtf I did)

Around line 516 change:

//$_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info'] = $paypal_ec_payer_info;

tep_session_register('paypal_ec_payer_info');

TO:

tep_session_register('paypal_ec_payer_info');

$_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info'] = $paypal_ec_payer_info;

That's it!

Edited by giz286sim

Thanks, that did it. Now that it's installed... :)

I tried running an order through, everything worked and showed up fine, until I got to the last step. Then I got this:

Warning: main(HTTP/Request.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php on line 24

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'HTTP/Request.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs//pear/') in /www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php on line 24

You probably don't have the pear modules installed correctly, but what do you have set as your path to your pear modules? I ask because of this line:

/www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs//pear/

You probably don't have the pear modules installed correctly, but what do you have set as your path to your pear modules? I ask because of this line:

/www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs//pear/

Ya that's the correct path, the pear directory is in my htdocs. Powweb never installed the catalog directory when installing oscommerce, so most stuff is in my root.

Is there anything else I need to do with the pears besides unzipping both zip files and copying everything into that directory?

Didn't notice the extra slash in there, I took it out and it kept the same error though:

Warning: main(HTTP/Request.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php on line 24

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'HTTP/Request.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs/pear/') in /www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php on line 24

Edited by Sylentwulf

Then you didn't install all of the pear modules. Make sure you copy both pear module packages from the contrib page to /www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs/pear/.

To check if you installed it correctly, traverse the directory and find the WSDL file. If it's here:

/www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php

then it's installed correctly. If it's placed like this:

/www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs/pear/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php

then it won't work unless you update the path in the module's settings.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Then you didn't install all of the pear modules. Make sure you copy both pear module packages from the contrib page to /www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs/pear/.

To check if you installed it correctly, traverse the directory and find the WSDL file. If it's here:

/www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php

then it's installed correctly. If it's placed like this:

/www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs/pear/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php

then it won't work unless you update the path in the module's settings.

Yeah, it's here - www/s/sylentwulf/htdocs/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php

I'm wondering if Powweb has pear support? I'm not sure what else to try, I tried this:

http://paypaltech.com/php_pear/

And even after that, I'm getting pretty much the same error.

I am having some issues getting this module to work. By no means am I a programmer, so please bear with me. I have installed the module given the instructions provided (word for word). After the installation, I try to run a transaction on either the Express Checkout mod or just a standard CC transaction. If I click the express checkout button, my page turns blank and has a link of "http://mysite.com/catalog/ec_process.php?osCsid=f20fa188105bd43c6f9f414e6f9c10af", and proceeds no further. When I attempt to run a CC transaction, it just times out and goes to page cannot be displayed. I have verified my cert from Paypal has been installed where it needs to be and the path to my pear directory is pointing to the correct location. I am using GoDaddy as my hosting provider, and I have modifed my HTTP.php file based on their recommendations (to allow the SSL proxy connections). I have adjusted the timers as recommended. I looked at the paypal wsdl file and verified it is pointing to the sandbox url.

I ran tcpdump (packet sniffing utility) on my PC and I only showed communications between myself and my website. I never saw any traffic go to paypal. Saying this, I am sure it is a coding issue somewhere (and I do not doubt it is something I have done). Can someone please help?

Oh goodness, I actually got it to work, WOOHOO!!!!!

Powweb has some REALLY SCREWED UP pear and root directory issues lol.

Thanks a ton dynamo!