• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

I am new to this and installed the Official PayPal Released Pro/Express Checkout - US and now when i try to check out i get this error.

Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \catalog\includes\modules\payment\paypal_wpp\PayPal.php on line 11

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='\catalog\includes\modules\payment/paypal_wpp;.;C:\php5\pear') in \catalog\includes\modules\payment\paypal_wpp\PayPal.php on line 11

is pear a mod ? sorry first oscommerce i have messed with

is pear a mod ? sorry first oscommerce i have messed with

pear is part of php, and would need to be installed by your host

also, this support thread is not for the "Official PayPal Released Pro/Express Checkout - US", that is a different contribution from this one. This one is much better imo, with great support.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3647

-Dave

OK, fixed one other bug in my store: when customers click "Change Address" and log into PayPal again, the "Change Address" option wasn't showing up. Turns out that if you don't clear out $sendto before making a new order, the order will use the previous shipping address and WPP passes that into PayPal, which then won't let the customer change their shipping address. My solution; clear out the global $sendto from ec_process.php.

In ec_process.php, at around line 15:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['clearSess'])) {
//...
	global $sendto; // Added: let customers choose a different address
	$sendto = null; // Added.
 }

Just installed this contribution on my test server and this looks well put together.

I do have a problem in that I'm getting a the following error when trying a test purchase against the sandbox site -

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

No response from PayPal

No response was received from PayPal. Please contact the store owner for assistance.

I turned on debugging and get this error emailed to me -

[faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Server

[faultstring] => Internal error

[detail] => Timeout processing request

Is there a problem with the sandbox environment or have a 'mucked up' on the installation. Any help, tips or comments that would make me slap my head saying 'doh' would be appreciated.

I'd love to get this working soon (by the way this is for a UK site if that helps!)

Just installed this contribution on my test server and this looks well put together.

I do have a problem in that I'm getting a the following error when trying a test purchase against the sandbox site -

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

No response from PayPal

No response was received from PayPal. Please contact the store owner for assistance.

I turned on debugging and get this error emailed to me -

[faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Server

[faultstring] => Internal error

[detail] => Timeout processing request

Is there a problem with the sandbox environment or have 'mucked up' on the installation. Any help, tips or comments that would make me slap my head saying 'doh' would be appreciated.

I'd love to get this working soon (by the way this is for a UK site if that helps!)

Bad form replying to my own post but after updating to using PayPal's live environment I can get this to work. Either my sandbox is wrong or 'the' sandbox environment is not working. Thanks anyway and I would be interested to know if anyone else has a sandbox issue.

@dynamoeffects:

Hi Brian,

Sorry to be a pest, but have you had a chance to look at the code I posted in message #2774 above? Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help and for the great contribution.

Stace

The soul is greater than the hum of its parts. -- Douglas R. Hofstadter in Gödel, Escher, Bach

With reference an earlier query regarding not showing customers the word 'Paypal' when direct payments are made -

am I safe to change this in modules/payment

$this->payment_type = 'PayPal Direct Payment';

To read just Direct payment?

Secondly I do not like the idea that my customers can see the AVS matches i.e whether their address provided matches with the card companies but I can can see nowhere is account_history_info.php to remove just this part - I'm certain it must be in this file?

Thanks a lot

@Lytspeed: It's apparently a problem with your register globals changes, but I can't see how just from the information provided. I had meant to setup a store in a register globals off environment and test the module, but I've had too much work lately to do so.

@Olly: No, it won't cause any problems to change the name. osCommerce doesn't allow any other method natively to store that information, which is why it's in the order comments. To get rid of it, you'll need to modify the module by finding this line:

tep_db_query("update ".TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY. " set comments = concat(if(trim(comments) != '', concat(trim(comments), '\n'), ''), 'Transaction ID: ".$this->trans_id."\nPayment Type: ".$this->payment_type."\nPayment Status: ".$this->payment_status.($this->avs != 'N/A' ? "\nAVS Code: ".$this->avs."\nCVV2 Code: ".$this->cvv2 : '')."') where orders_id = ".$insert_id);

and commenting it out like this:

//tep_db_query("update ".TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY. " set comments = concat(if(trim(comments) != '', concat(trim(comments), '\n'), ''), 'Transaction ID: ".$this->trans_id."\nPayment Type: ".$this->payment_type."\nPayment Status: ".$this->payment_status.($this->avs != 'N/A' ? "\nAVS Code: ".$this->avs."\nCVV2 Code: ".$this->cvv2 : '')."') where orders_id = ".$insert_id);

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

@Lytspeed: It's apparently a problem with your register globals changes, but I can't see how just from the information provided. I had meant to setup a store in a register globals off environment and test the module, but I've had too much work lately to do so.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll concentrate my troubleshooting efforts on that for now. Please let me know via the forums if anything occurs to you.

Stace

The soul is greater than the hum of its parts. -- Douglas R. Hofstadter in Gödel, Escher, Bach

No, removing that line will completely remove the payment status from your order history. The only other simple option is to remove the order comments from the customer's order history page.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Update:

I combed through all the changes in the Register Globals 1.5 contrib, and it appears that I made all of them correctly, so I'm not sure where the problem is. The odd thing is that before, when my store was working correctly, I did not have to use Register Globals. I just suddenly started getting errors on the site. I suppose that this could mean my web host made a change without letting users know; is there any way to test whether Register Globals is turned off on the ISP side?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Stace

Another Update:

After thinking about my last post, I decided to try removing all the Register Globals 1.5 mods that I had made. I also made sure "register_globals=On" was in my php.ini files, and added "php_value register_globals 1" to my .htaccess files. As a result, I'm no longer getting the XML files error, and I am able to process orders. However, when I run wpp_diagnostics, I'm still getting the same error that I posted in Post #2769. I don't know how significant that is, though, since the orders are processing correctly.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Brian. :thumbsup:

Stace

I'm not sure if this follows along with the previously mentioned Paypal downtime, but for some reason all my customers are getting the following errors back when trying to make a purchase...

Invalid Data (10525)

This transaction cannot be processed. The amount to be charged is zero.

I tested it with my own bank card, which I know has money in it ... and it still gave me that error? Is this still a PayPal issue, or is there something I could've done wrong somewhere? (Even though it was working last week...)

@leakwayk: Have you made any changes to your store in this last week?

Nothing major. Just adding new products.

Is there anything that can be specifically thought of that could've caused this problem? Or what particular file could be incorrect?

Brian,

Any chance you have a workaround regarding customers not seeing a credit card error messages when getting redirected back to checkout_payment? (recall this began for me post-install of the 2.2RC1 register_globals Compatibility for PHP 4.3+ Servers)

If it is relevent, I have that patch installed AND the server php.ini has register globals on.

also, would it be difficult to have completed PPExpress checkout transactions to populate all 3 address fields?

currently order->customer and order->shipping are populated, leaving order->billing blank

leaving order->billing blank causes me a minor problem on my invoice and packing slip printing

Thanks much!

-Dave

Hi

Has anyone found a workaround for switch cards in the UK that do not have an issue number but a start date only. It would appear that selecting switch cards and not putting in an issue number will automatically decline the transaction. Some swtich cards have only a start date and not issue number,

Thanks

Nothing major. Just adding new products.

Is there anything that can be specifically thought of that could've caused this problem? Or what particular file could be incorrect?

BUMP! Is there anyone that can please help! This is a live site and I need to get these issues resolved as soon as possible! Thank you.

Hi everyone,

Can someone (Dynamoeffects or other user) direct me to a list of the differences (eeither in this thread or elsewhere) between this module and the official paypal webpayments pro/expresspay module. I have the official version installed, and I am trying to find out what benefits there are to using the version discussed in this thread.

Thank you,

Alan

@Roaddoctor and leakwayk: I'll be working on the module this morning adding new features and some fixes that SteveDallas sent me a while back. After it's working, I'll test the module with the register globals fix.

@ollyno1uk2: If it's PayPal declining the transaction, there's not much I can do. However, it is possible that because the field is blank, the XML data sent to paypal contains the placeholder value instead of a blank field. I'll look at it to make sure.

I just added WPP and setup API credentials (sandbox only so far) and when I tried to pay with Paypal, I get a:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: httpclient in /home/content/n/o/w/nowdesigns/html/storefront/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 224

The prior advice I read indicates that the httpclient file might have been deleted, but I verified it's there.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Store is hidden at:

www.nowdesigns.biz/storefront

TRY IT and see...

-Neil

@AlanSalamander: The official PayPal module is based off of 0.7.3 of this contribution, so up to that point, the modules are nearly the same. This module contains additional features such as temized orders in your PayPal transaction history with CCGV support and you don't have to install the PEAR modules because this is self contained.

Today I'll be fixing some bugs people are experiencing and adding a couple of new features such as a virtual terminal in your admin and being able to refund an order from the order information page.

@Roaddoctor and leakwayk: I'll be working on the module this morning adding new features and some fixes that SteveDallas sent me a while back. After it's working, I'll test the module with the register globals fix.

Good news. Thanks for your efforts! If you need a second tester let me know.

-Dave