• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

I installed 0.8.2 yesterday (fresh install, not upgrade) and everything seems to work except when the user chooses to cancel the express checkout from the paypal site. The user is returned to the login.php page, but the URL is missing the osCsid variable. If the user tries to go back to the shopping cart it says it is empty.

TIA,

Larry

You didn't add the tep_paypal_wpp_enabled() function to your /includes/functions/general.php file.

thanks!

you were right and I also didn't completely input all of the Paypal WPP coding in the catalog>checkout_shipping.php page.

I don't get the "tep_paypal_wpp_enabled() " error anymore but....

a new problem I'm encountering now is that when I reach the checkout_payment.php page and click on the 'Check out with Paypal' express button, it doesn't take me to Paypal at all, it takes me back to to the checkout_shipping.php page....

Could there be a problem with my ec_process.php page?

thanks again! :thumbsup:

Edited by katman

I installed 0.8.2 yesterday (fresh install, not upgrade) and everything seems to work except when the user chooses to cancel the express checkout from the paypal site. The user is returned to the login.php page, but the URL is missing the osCsid variable. If the user tries to go back to the shopping cart it says it is empty.

Fix your configure.php file so that you don't need the osCsid variable in the URL. Specifically, those related to your cookies. If your website is:

www.yahoo.com

they should be:

yahoo.com

a new problem I'm encountering now is that when I reach the checkout_payment.php page and click on the 'Check out with Paypal' express button, it doesn't take me to Paypal at all, it takes me back to to the checkout_shipping.php page....

Could there be a problem with my ec_process.php page?

Possibly. I just uploaded a diagnostics script to the contributions page. Upload it to your store and see if everything checks out.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Fix your configure.php file so that you don't need the osCsid variable in the URL. Specifically, those related to your cookies.

The tep_href_link() function automatically adds the osCsid when it is needed, as when the customer has disabled cookies in his browser. It appears that Brian is calling it correctly in paypal_wpp.php. Is it possible that PayPal deletes it?

--Glen

before I think about installing this I have some questions........

I use paypal IPN, will I have to turn this off or use this as my main paypal provider?

I don't have a API certificate, is it easy to get from Paypal, do I have to to have this?

Ok that's it for now and I hope to get this in soon.

Thanks,

Nigelman :thumbsup:

well after one night I thought what the hell I'll install this puppy!!

So far things look good but when I click on the express button upon checkout I get this error:

PayPal WPP installation incomplete! There should be XML files located in /public_html/includes/wpp_xml/ !

(setExpressCheckout.xml)

is there a pathway problem? I know the files are in there.....

Nigelman :thumbsup:

Are you a US based business? If not, you won't be able to use this module. I ask only because of your username.

If you're absolutely sure that those files are there, then the problem lies with your configure.php file or your site uses a different directory while in HTTPS.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

You have to sign up for PayPal's pro service, but as you're not a US based business, they won't sign you up. You can't just install the module and start processing cards.

You have to sign up for PayPal's pro service, but as you're not a US based business, they won't sign you up. You can't just install the module and start processing cards.

I just created a PayPal UK Business account in the Sandbox, and found that Website Payments Pro is now offered in the UK, apparently with the same API as the US version. It is probably safe to say that this contribution can be used if PayPal offers the Website Payments Pro product on your (Premier or Business) account. I also created a Japanese account, but Website Payments Pro is not yet offered in Japan.

Currently, this contribution supports only US Dollar transactions, but Brian has mentioned that he will add support for other currencies in a future release.

--Glen

In the next few days, but only as a beta version that I'll need help testing. It calculates the totals correctly when someone's checking out with a voucher, coupon or both, but looks like CCGV's not calculating the totals correctly.

Is it released under a different contribution? or did you upload it yet?

Hello I have installed WPP version 0.8.2 and finally have gotten some results after a few days of research. I have found quite a few answers and I'd like to say thanks for the Contribution. The place that I'm at right now is I have the install somewhat working on the sandbopx as I can run an order through my site and the payment shows up in my sandbox account. However when I run the wpp_diagnostic.php here is my result

Using at least PHP 4.3.0? Yes

Does your store have an SSL certificate installed and working? Yes

Is cURL installed? Yes

Does cURL work? (Simple HTTP test) Yes

API Certificate installed? No

API Certificate directory protected? Yes

API Username in place? Yes

API Password in place? Yes

XML Document "doDirectPayment.xml" exists? No

XML Document "doExpressCheckout.xml" exists? No

XML Document "getExpressCheckoutDetails.xml" exists? No

XML Document "setExpressCheckout.xml" exists? No

XML Document "transactionSearch.xml" exists? No

From what it is saying here that the API cert is not installed but if that were the case wouldn't my orders not be going through? Second question is that I hav created an IPN script through the script genrator on Paypaltech.com and I placed the full URL of the script in the module. Should it be in this context "https://www.mysite.com/catalog/ipnfile.php" ? I ask because I have not received any verified or unverified messages or anything like that and I'm thinking that I have not configured the IPN script correctly yet.

Thanks again, Bill

Edited by uprooted

@SteveDallas: Thanks for the headsup, Glen. That'll make development much easier.

@rvsupply: I haven't released it yet.

@uprooted: Website Payments Pro and IPN are two very different things. You're using PayPal IPN, so I'd suggest asking questions in that support thread.

@uprooted: Website Payments Pro and IPN are two very different things. You're using PayPal IPN, so I'd suggest asking questions in that support thread.

Thanks I'll do that... I havent installed any IPN contribution. I didn't know they were seperate. I just was reading about it since the option is in the Website payments pro. Also does the results from the diagnostic have to do with the IPN as well?

This thread is for discussing this module:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

There is no mention of IPN settings in mine. Sounds like you might be using pbreit's version.

I've just released an experimental version of the module with CCGV support. If you have a test/live store that you'd be willing to test it on, I'd appreciate it.

I wasn't too wild about the idea of supporting other contributions, I felt this was necessary because it's such a popular contribution and I wanted to maintain the itemized order feature introduced in the 0.8 branch.

The plan for development is to get CCGV support working pretty well, but still add a check to see if the order totals don't match to avoid problems with the other coupon modules. The idea being that if the order totals don't match, don't send an itemized order list. If this beta version doesn't work, I'll remove the experimental CCGV support and just have it not send an itemized total if the order totals don't match no matter what other contribution is installed.

I've been having trouble getting any cards to go through - everything i try comes back declined by Pay Pal. This is the message:

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

No response from PayPal

No response was received from PayPal. Please contact the store owner for assistance.

The debug email contains almost nothing accept an 'invalid arguments' line ... could it be PayPal is getting no data, therefore not returning anything? Here's the email text:

In function: before_process() - Direct Payment

Did first contact attempt return error? Nope

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------DP_DUMP-------------------------------

------------This is the information that was sent to PayPal----------

-------------------------------FINAL_REQ-----------------------------

-------------------This is the response from PayPal------------------

Array

(

[faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Client

[faultstring] => End of file or no input: 'Invalid argument'

)

---------------------------------TS_REQ------------------------------

--------Results of the transaction search if it was executed---------

Array

(

[security] =>

[RequesterCredentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Credentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[username] =>

[Password] =>

[subject] =>

)

)

)

)

[TransactionSearchResponse] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Timestamp] => 2006-11-26T23:47:32Z

[Ack] => Success

[CorrelationID] => 7fe279a229eb7

[Version] => 2.000000

[build] => 1.0006

)

)

)

Anyone have ideas? I tried the test script, and was shown to be fine server side. I've seen one other user say he had a similar problem and he suggested a curl test script... done that, passed. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

I got the same problem as luckyfourleaf. It just started today (we've had this module working perfectly for months). PayPal's virtual terminal still works on PayPal's site.

I turned on debug mode and got an error when trying to confirm the order:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 422201 bytes) in /home/webadmin/mysite.com/html/luaus/includes/classes/mime.php on line 245

I assume thats a problem with the debug email.

Please help if you have any information on this.

Thanks

PS - Luckyfourleaf, who do you use for web hosting? (on the chance they just changed some settings). We use websitesource.com

Edited by yomama360

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

-- George Bernard Shaw

UPDATE

My host said they did not change anything, but they:

"restarted your VE to see if the resolv.conf file was affected by a change.."

It seems to be working fine now.

B-)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

-- George Bernard Shaw

No, the Options column is inaccessible with the WPP API. Just use your store's admin to see what they ordered.

Hello there

I have now got a WPP account from paypal UK. I am hoping to be abe to use this contribution for it. Is there any issues I should know about?

Also:-

I have started looking through the proceedure for installation. It says in the instructions to download the certificate by clicking the API setup. I then have 2 options grant API permissions or request API credentials.

If I click the latter I get anotehr 2 options either API Signature or API SSL client-side certificate. i am unsure which one to go for,

Anyones advice would be appreciated. I realy need to get a more professional payment procedure but getting a merchant account is proving to be most difficult elsewhere.

Thanks

Olly

Edited by ollyno1uk2

You'll want the client-side certificate. Just so you know, I haven't completed the UK modifications yet, meaning that you can only accept money in USD.

We've had this running for several months and thought it was trouble free. This week we've had three reports of errors with orders over $1000:

"There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again. - Error - Paypal did not complete order - LONGMESSAGE=This transaction cannot be processed. Please review the totals of this transaction and resubmit. - ERRORCODE=10520 -"

Transactions under $1000 process fine, what could be causing this issue and any tips on fixing would be greatly appreciated?