• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

I just installed this contribution a few days ago. everything seems like it is setup correct. Orders go through okay (with a test credit card number or real one), its locating the CURL and Cert correctly. however, in paypal, there is simply no sign at all of a transaction, and on the credit card there is also no sign of activity.

paypal is telling me to look at the SOAP files or info. however i have no idea where to find that, and don't think it even exists in oscommerce.

does soap exist? is that what I need to do? is there anything else that could be causing my problem?

please help, i have been at this for 4 days now.

thank you.

Mark

If the "Declined Cards" option is enabled, disable it and try again. If you're still not getting any errors, make sure that it's set to "Live" if these are live if you have a live certificate or "Sandbox" if you have a sandbox certificate installed.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

If the "Declined Cards" option is enabled, disable it and try again. If you're still not getting any errors, make sure that it's set to "Live" if these are live if you have a live certificate or "Sandbox" if you have a sandbox certificate installed.

I changed the declined cards options. still nothing. are all admin changes made in the module called paypal direct payment?

it is set to live. i have a live certifcate installed.

anything else?

does anyone know where besides my main paypal account page, that i can see transaction results?

thank you,

Edited by markymrk22

Excuse me for jumping in here. My comments may be way out of order but I may be able to help. If you are just now installing this, you should use the sandbox. This will allow you to see all account transactions and give you a feel for what's going on. Trying to set it up in live is ok but it leaves alot to guess work.

I'm not in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here!

Also, Brian sorry I tried to contact you via PM. I don't know if you got my question or not. Right now I am using Easy coupon and also a shipping insurance contribution. The problem is that when the order gets sent to Paypal it has not deducted the discount nor has it added the insurance. I'm sure that it's a flow problem in that the item total is being passed to Paypal before the contributions add/deduct their amount. I was wondering at what point the info is passed to paypal (which file) and can I use another variable (order_total instead of total) to pass the info. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. While lookin for the maker of this contribution I happened to look at your and noticed that I am using just about all of the contributions you have put out (good for me, hopefully not bad for you). Thanks for all your great work.

I'm not in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here!

Hi Everyone,

I've got the following error while checkout with "Checkout with Paypal" button at my site.

In function: before_process() - Express Checkout

Did first contact attempt return error? Nope

Array

(

[security] =>

[RequesterCredentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Credentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[username] => "Username will come here"

[Password] => "Password will come here"

)

)

)

)

[faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Client

[faultstring] => Data type '' mismatch in element 'PaymentAction'

)

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

No response from the payment processor

No response was received from the payment processor. Please contact the store owner for assistance.

Please guide me why I'm getting this error.

Thanks,

Masood

Hi Everyone,

I've got the following error while checkout with "Checkout with Paypal" button at my site.

[faultstring] => Data type '' mismatch in element 'PaymentAction'

)

Masood,

In the module settings, is your Payment Action set to "Authorization"? There is a known bug in 0.8.2 involving Express Checkout when the payment action is "Authorization". The fix is posted in this topic at Post #1473.

Payment Action Definitions:

Sale - Takes money from the customer's account immediately. Use Sale when you will ship the products immediately, or for digital goods where you will enable the customer to download the item. Note that if the customer uses an e-check, the funds will not be released to your account until the e-check clears.

Authorization - Places an Authorization Hold on the customer's account, but does not collect the funds. until you finalize the sale. The finalization action is called a Capture and is currently done through the PayPal website. Use Authorization & Capture when shipping may be delayed from when the customer places the order. You can collect up to 115% of the original authorization, to account for variations in taxes and shipping charges. Funds are guaranteed to be available for three days, and must be captured within 29 days of the authorization. Do not ship products before capturing the payment.

PayPal has an Authorization and Capture Integration Guide, which describes the process, in the Developer section of their website. It describes payment flows and processes, as well as the technical details that most people don't need to worry about.

--Glen

dynamoeffects,

Installed the latest version of WPP and have the latest build of Oscommerce, successfully setup sandbox and everything however when I go to test the mod it, I successfully go all the way through until I get to checkout_process.php ? it?s blank. The orders come in and I see them in both in the admin and in the sandbox, the only exception is that it stops at checkout_process.php.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rolly

@slackerjack: There are two problems at play. The first is that

$payment_modules->before_process()

is placed before the order totals are calculated, and this is a bug that's been around as long as 2.2MS2. This module uses the $order variables to determine the total price of the cart, so if they haven't been processed yet, it sends the wrong information. Try this fix:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=966398

G4 Productions: 1) Make sure your certificate is correctly installed and the path is correct in the module's settings

2) Make sure your host doesn't require cURL connections to go through a proxy -- specifically if you're on GoDaddy.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

@slackerjack: There are two problems at play. The first is that

$payment_modules->before_process()

is placed before the order totals are calculated, and this is a bug that's been around as long as 2.2MS2. This module uses the $order variables to determine the total price of the cart, so if they haven't been processed yet, it sends the wrong information. Try this fix:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=966398

This comes up from time to time. Some payment module developers have tried various workarounds, but the fix referenced above addresses the root of the problem. This was first discovered quite some time ago, and is in the bug database as bug #1629. I have posted about it in this topic, though it has been quite a while. Note that the fix breaks certain other payment modules, such as the osCommerce PayPal IPN module.

--Glen

That was the first thing I searched for, but if you click the link, it doesn't work. In fact, a great number of open bug reports no longer work. Maybe because they're assigned to MS3?

G4 Productions: 1) Make sure your certificate is correctly installed and the path is correct in the module's settings

2) Make sure your host doesn't require cURL connections to go through a proxy -- specifically if you're on GoDaddy.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply; have my own server, and I thought curl was installed (will check again) but my dumb question would be curl path is /usr/bin/curl but I'm guessing from the godaddy.com sample that's not what your talking about or no?

I have a SSL, cert and install with no other mods, copied contribution straight over, configured (at least I pretty sure I did), still the same thiing. Process's the payment no problem but it either wants me to download checkout_process.php or it's blank. I must be missing something, just not sure what it is. :'(

Your help is appreciated and will be reward.

You're not the only GoDaddy user to have the problem where it wants you to download the checkout_process.php file. That is something only your host can help you with as it has to do with Apache being misconfigured.

Edited by dynamoeffects

You're not the only GoDaddy user to have the problem where it wants you to download the checkout_process.php file. That is something only your host can help you with as it has to do with Apache being misconfigured.

Okay. I have recompile apache with curl, added the path to curl in the admin and now I'm receiving an error "Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info."

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rolly

The credit card portion of this module works in both test and live, but the Express Button is still giving these errors in both the test and live mode:

Error #1: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. (10426)

Item total is invalid.

Error #2: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. (10427)

Shipping total is invalid.

Error #3: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. (10428)

Handling total is invalid.

Error #4: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. (10429)

Tax total is invalid.

Can anyone help? I can't seem to find an answer here, or get a response.

Thanks.

Okay. I have recompile apache with curl, added the path to curl in the admin and now I'm receiving an error "Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info."

Okay, here's an update. If I use /usr/bin/curl then I get the message that credit cards are declined. If I don't have /usr/bin/curl then I get a blank page or download checkout_process.php (depending on what browser you use) and payments are process. Dynamo, you said that it maybe apache is misconfigured. I've compiled apached with curl and curl ssl support, not to sure what else I need to troubleshoot.

Help me Obe Won Dynamo. You're my only hope.

Thanks,

Rolly

We've setup this contribution and have configured the necessary API credentials. Unfortunately, all transactions are being declined. But, when I call paypal, they have no record of the attempts. The dump report I'm receiving is as follows:

In function: before_process() - Direct Payment Did first contact attempt return error? Nope

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------DP_DUMP-------------------------------

------------This is the information that was sent to PayPal----------

-------------------------------FINAL_REQ-----------------------------

-------------------This is the response from PayPal------------------

Array

(

[faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Client

[faultstring] => XML syntax error

)

Any ideas?

When I try to pay by creditcard or after returning from the Checkout I always get the same mistake:

An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

Error #1: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. (10431)

Item amount is invalid.

Error #2: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. (10413)

The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

I have no idea what to do. I've tried everything so far!

Please help me. :(

Looks like PayPal changed something because you're the third person to report this error today. I'll look into it.