• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

0.8.2 will send an itemized total like that, but does not work with CCGV. I'll probably release this new version that works with CCGV sometime today.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

1st of Congrats!!!Ill be sure to add the updates!

For Now im in tweaking stage

I see the the TEXT_PAYPALWPP_EC_HEADER label in the Payment info when

Express Checkout Display Payment Page is set to Yes

Not sure if I missed a step or not but I edited my

catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php

to

//---PayPal WPP Modification START ---//
define('TEXT_PAYPALWPP_EC_HEADER', 'Express Checkout Payment Method');
define('TEXT_PAYPALWPP_EC_SWITCH_METHOD_1', 'You\'re currently checking out with PayPal Express Checkout!');
define('TEXT_PAYPALWPP_EC_SWITCH_METHOD_2', 'Click Here to choose another payment method.');
//---PayPal WPP Modification END---//

Edited by graysonhobby

One Last thing and Ill be quiet :)

I changed the paypal_wpp.php in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment

to

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_TITLE', 'Credit Card / Debit');

2 Questions..

1. How To I translate this to the invoice/packing slip?

2. How do I add pics of the visa, mastercard, discover, amex cards..Similar to the Paypal contrib

This was the original message I posted. At the time I neglected to identify the contribution

Thanks very much for this contribution. I installed it following your very clear instructions, and all is working perfectly well in Sandbox. I've not tried it live yet as my store is not quite ready to go live.

One of the requirements of the contribution is an SSL certificate. I purchased one and it has been successfully installed. When I order a product and go through the checkout process, I see nothing that suggests that the order is going through using the SSL cewrtificate . . . i. e. I don't see "https://" in the address of any of the pages displayed during the checkout process.

I want to explain to my customers that their purchases are secure. If I am not getting "https://" in the checkout pages addresses, am I providing secure checkout? If not, please explain what I must do to make it happen.

Thanks again for a great contribution.

Jerry Nielsen

Brian, you quickly responded with the following:

You need to update your /catalog/includes/configure.php and /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php files.

I replied with the following information about my configure.php files.

Brian,

Thank you for the prompt reply. The lines in /catalog/includes/configure .php file read:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.tea-and-scones-vermont.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.tea-and-scones-vermont.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.tea-and-scones-vermont.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.tea-and-scones-vermont.com');

in /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php they read:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.tea-and-scones-vermont.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.tea-and-scones-vermont.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.tea-and-scones-vermont.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

My /catalog directory is in the root level of my web server,

http://www.tea-and-scones-vermont.com

Should any files be located elsewhere?

Thanks again for your help!

Jerry Nielsen

Since all of this took place in the general Payments Module forum and not in this specific forum, I have opted to repost it in the PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support forum in hopes that I can get an answer. I am almost ready to go live with my site, but I really want to settle the secure transactions issue. My apologies in advance for what is clearly a violation of the cross posting rule. I have just been concerned that my posting got started in the wrong place, and I really am in need of an answer and help.

Brian, I have been trying make a contribution at your site. Given the page I am getting, I assume your are in the midst of reconstruction/updating. As a consumer member of the open source community, I believe in contributing to the people who bring us these marvelous tools. I hope everyone else will follow suit. When will your site be back up?

Jerry Nielsen - www.tea-and-scones-vermont.com

and I really am in need of an answer and help.

Your site's working correctly, but the problem is that you're loading your store within a frame, and that won't work. I would suggest retemplating osCommerce instead to look like the rest of your site.

Brian, I have been trying make a contribution at your site. Given the page I am getting, I assume your are in the midst of reconstruction/updating. As a consumer member of the open source community, I believe in contributing to the people who bring us these marvelous tools. I hope everyone else will follow suit. When will your site be back up?

That would be very nice, thanks! The rules are very strict about posting this kind of information, so if you open the "README.html" file that's included in the contribution, what you're asking about can be found on the left side of the page.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Your site's working correctly, but the problem is that you're loading your store within a frame, and that won't work. I would suggest retemplating osCommerce instead to look like the rest of your site.

That would be very nice, thanks! The rules are very strict about posting this kind of information, so if you open the "README.html" file that's included in the contribution, what you're asking about can be found on the left side of the page.

Many thanks for your help, Brian.

I have reconfigured Joomla to move the store outside the Joomla wrapper. I was trying to keep everything in the Joomla page, but if it won't work for now, it won't work. :)

I have used the link from the README.html file to make a contribution. The contribution is worth more than I am able to contribute at this time, but I hope it helps all the same.

All is working as it should and I'll let you know when we go live in case you want to point people to stores that use your contribution.

Thanks again!

Jerry Nielsen - www.tea-and-scones-vermont.com

I did it! I got it working with CCGV and didn't have to do an aggregate total!

I ended up having to just recall the order_total class to recalculate everything because CCGV doesn't update the $order variable correctly, but it works! Just needs a little more testing and then I'll release an update.

You're the man. Now the question is, does it only work with CCGV or will it work with any discount/coupon module?

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hi there

i guess this is the place to get help. I am about to install this module but i'm stuck already when readying hte intructions. I am in the UK. Does this module work for GBP?

I go to my paypal account and I see the API access link. I seee no certificate request link though. I have 2 - grant api permissions and request API credentials.

If I click the latter then I get 2 more options one is api signiture and the other is a client-side SSL certificate.

What do I need? I curreently do not have an SSL certificate on my site. do I absolutely need to get one for this to work? any ideas on a cheap one as I am just starting out.

other things i do not understand is importing the sql file - do I just go to import on my sql and input the name or is there a special way?

Also step 4 - edit existing files - what files exactly need this inputting into and where do I input it.

Obviosuly I am a bit new to all of this but anyones help would be apprecaited.

Thanks

Website Payments Pro is for US businesses only. Paypal told me that a UK service was supposed to be available in September, but I haven't heard anything since.

@dkmonkey: I only tested it with CCGV(trad) and don't plan on going through them all.

The only reason it hasn't been released yet is that if someone's using a gift voucher balance AND coupon, the totals come out different than on the checkout confirmation page (in fact, the tax on the checkout confirmation page is incorrect).

Edited by dynamoeffects

Website Payments Pro is for US businesses only. Paypal told me that a UK service was supposed to be available in September, but I haven't heard anything since.

Hi

Thanks a lot. I will contact paypal direct and find out when this is being launched. I guess there is no other alternative to this?

I guess there is no other alternative to this?

Plenty - and much better too. For UK site owners the best has to be Prox Direct. The customer stays on your website, it's only the encrypted data which goes back and fore your site and Protx.

You do need an Internet Merchant ID, or have access to a third party (shared) Internet Merchant ID, and a Protx account, and your site needs SSL (shared or full) - and away you go!

Vger

i just spoke to a paypal representative today and found out that paypal recently purchased the payflow gateway from verisign and that they will be offering the paypal payments pro, payflow edition very soon. they have not yet released this news on their site however i have managed to get my hands on the developer's guide for this service. i was told that the api integration will be much simplified and it will cause less headaches than the standard payments pro solution.

furthermore, according to the paypal rep, the payflow edition of payments pro will not include in the terms of service the requirement to use this service with express checkout. the rep went as far as to say that paypal has released an internal memo stating that they are not to enforce this requirement for the standard payments pro service either.

let me know what you guys think about this development and how you feel this would affect the direction/evolution of the current wpp contribution.

regards,

valeeum

Edited by valeeum

From what I understand, PayFlow is simply a gateway service. You'll still need to find a merchant account to go with it.

I've looked at the PayFlow API and it's completely different than WPP and would be a completely different contribution.

dynamoeffects and others,

We are interested in installing this contribution. However, due to its complexity, we wanted to see if there were any known issues.

We would like to install it for a few clients before the holiday but not if it will require extensive debugging.

Thanks.

It's pretty well rounded at this point, but there are two outstanding issues in 0.8.2:

1. There's a small bug in one of the XML documents that's documented one or two pages back that will show up during Express Checkout if the store owner is only authorizing cards instead of charging them.

2. Not currently compatible with CCGV, but I'm working on it. Actually, I thinking that I'm dealing with a CCGV bug because the problem isn't directly related to the module, but that's how it goes.

That's all I know of. PM me if you need assistance as I've professionally installed the module for dozens of stores here.

Thanks for the swift response.

In cases where CCVG is implemented, cant those files be overwritten with this contributions files?

Assuming this contribution captures the security code on the credit card, making CCVG a non issue?

Correct?

CCGV is the Credit Class and Gift Voucher. It's used for offering coupons and gift vouchers/certificates and, I believe, is the most popular contribution right now.

CCGV is the Credit Class and Gift Voucher. It's used for offering coupons and gift vouchers/certificates and, I believe, is the most popular contribution right now.

Correct, I was thinking of the Credit Card CVV contribution. Thanks again.

Hi Everyone,

I installed the PayPal WPP contribution and now I'm trying to set up PayPal Express Checkout and Direct Payment in my admin. When I enter all the info in the EDIT column, including the required API Certificate info, and click Save I get the errors below. Does anyone know how I can fix these?

Thanks!

Kasia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/collig5/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 54

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/collig5/public_html/admin/modules.php:54) in /home/collig5/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The blue bolded line below is Line 54 from modules.php:

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'save':

while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS

['module']));

break;

case 'install':

case 'remove':

$file_extension = substr($PHP_SELF, strrpos($PHP_SELF, '.'));

$class = basename($HTTP_GET_VARS['module']);

if (file_exists($module_directory . $class . $file_extension)) {

include($module_directory . $class . $file_extension);

$module = new $class;

if ($action == 'install') {

$module->install();

} elseif ($action == 'remove') {

$module->remove();

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $class));

break;

}

Line 22 in general.php:

header('Location: ' . $url);

I just installed the version 0.8b contribution. But it seems that any action on my website now throws "1062 Duplicate Entry" errors for most actions. For example, trying to install this module threw a duplicate entry error for the "configuration" table, adding a new customer throws Duplicate entry error in the "customer" table. Trying to place an order and logging into an existing account throws a duplcate entry in the "customers_basket" table.

Would it be possible that importing the SQL required for this module would have turned the "auto-increment" off on all these fields?

Is there a master copy of the structure of the database so that I can check to see that everything is okay?

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?