• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

That's the problem, the /tmp directory is typically writable. Make the changes in the following files and see if that helps:

First, create a directory on your site and chmod it to 777.

Then edit /catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/CallerServices.php and change the line:

var $_logDir = '/tmp';

to the directory that you set above:

var $_logDir = '/home/virtual/site26/fst/var/www/html/catalog/__DIRECTORY_YOU_JUST_CREATED__';

Then open up /catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/EWPServices.php and change any instances of:

'/tmp'

to:

'/home/virtual/site26/fst/var/www/html/catalog/__DIRECTORY_YOU_JUST_CREATED__'

THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT'S WORKING LIKE A CHARM!!! :D

Hello Everyone,

I just upgraded from 0.5 to 0.7.3 and have everything working good in sandbox mode with sandbox users. But, in Live mode, attempting a credit card transaction I get an error that looks like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Invalid Configuration (10501)

This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get this when I use a Sandbox user in Live mode. Can you not test in Live mode with a sandbox user. If not perhaps that is why I am getting this error? I also tryed the "Test Card" in the 0.7.3 docs, and I get the exact same error. If you cannot use a Sandbox user on a Live configuration, what is the best method to test the live cart (short of running a bunch of real charges onto a real credit card).

Lastly, if everything works fine in sandbox mode, should it be a pretty good bet that everything is cool in live mode?

Any help or ideas would be very much appreciated.

Marc

You need a live user to do live transactions and a sandbox user to do sandbox transactions.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

You need a live user to do live transactions and a sandbox user to do sandbox transactions.

So then, would the error that I got (invalid merchant configuration) be due to attempting to use a sandbox user?

Because the system works beautifully in sandbox mode. Or, does the error look suspiciously like something else unrelated to the sandbox user?

Also, the system has been working great for over six months. To complete the upgrade to 0.7.3 I uploaded the new paypal_wpp.php and also updated the code in checkout_payment.php. Is there anything else that may have been required?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Marc

I have installed wpp carefully following instructions and have double checked files and setup, however I'm getting stuck on the payment page. the repeating scenario is ...

1) I select product and click-on checkout in osC

2) click "Check Out with PayPal" button > goes to PP sandbox user login

3) click continue goes to "Review Your Payment"

4) click continue takes me back to osC "checkout_shipping"

5) click continue goes to "checkout_payment", however, no payment options (buttons) show, just add comments box

6) If I click continue again it just refreshes the page (Error message says: "Please select a payment"

Anyone been here before? Any help greatly appreciated ...

Thanks, Scot

I have installed wpp carefully following instructions and have double checked files and setup, however I'm getting stuck on the payment page. the repeating scenario is ...

1) I select product and click-on checkout in osC

2) click "Check Out with PayPal" button > goes to PP sandbox user login

3) click continue goes to "Review Your Payment"

4) click continue takes me back to osC "checkout_shipping"

5) click continue goes to "checkout_payment", however, no payment options (buttons) show, just add comments box

6) If I click continue again it just refreshes the page (Error message says: "Please select a payment"

Anyone been here before? Any help greatly appreciated ...

Thanks, Scot

If you search this topic you will find MANY suppossed solutions. However, as i pointed out about 6 posts back, the problem is probably that you have CCGV installed to use coupons and discount codes. Because of this it takes you back to a page that make the cart confused. You will find that if you go back to the store and then back to checkout, it lets you checkout with no problems. Also, if you uncheck the CCGV option under the paypal payment modules, it will work. Of course if you use CCGV, this won't help. Go back to the paypalwpp.php from version 5.3, that one works fine for me.

If you search this topic you will find MANY suppossed solutions. However, as i pointed out about 6 posts back, the problem is probably that you have CCGV installed to use coupons and discount codes. Because of this it takes you back to a page that make the cart confused. You will find that if you go back to the store and then back to checkout, it lets you checkout with no problems. Also, if you uncheck the CCGV option under the paypal payment modules, it will work. Of course if you use CCGV, this won't help. Go back to the paypalwpp.php from version 5.3, that one works fine for me.

I do not have Credit Card Gift Voucher module installed so there's nothing to uncheck, thanks for the information about CCGV but afraid my problem may go a bit deeper. Presently I'm at a dead end ... I really would like to get this wpp module working any help greatly appreciated ...

stuck in the mud

Scot

Has anyone had a problem with orders showing up in your Paypal account with nothing but "N/A" in the details section? I'm not sure how to fix this. I need it to at least say the name of the store the order came from as I have multiple stores that use this shopping cart, and I won't be able to tell where the orders came from.

Any thoughts anyone??

David McGuffin - Website Developer

New Look Web Design

www.newlookwebdesign.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"I never memorize anything I can simply look up. . ." ~Albert Einstien

Hello again,

I deeply study pear module and I know where I am getting stuck, I did check return functions one by one and where the data is going, and I have found that it stuck about here:

function getWSDLVersion()
{
	include_once 'Services/PayPal/CallerServices.php';
	return PAYPAL_WSDL_VERSION;
}

in \pear\Services\PayPay.php

There is no error shown, just data is going nowhere after that. I don?t know what could be wrong with that, it look like pear is not configured properly.

And is not going thru when comment it out.

Please advice.

Martin

Looks like they've changed their error messages. 10501 means you haven't completed your paypal pro signup process at their site.

Thanks for your help! Everything is working great now. My client told me that they already had this account fully set up, but obviously they were mistaken.

I have been looking through this post but haven't found anyone else having this issue.

Install seemed to work ok. I put in all the settings and uploaded the cert.

After i input credit card info (test card) or do express checkout i get the following error.

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'apiprofile' in /hsphere/local/home/simispor/staging.diversionclothing.com/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 314

anyone have any clues.

Thanks

Thank you so much for this contribution, and for your support.

I've run into a problem that I cannot seem to find mentioned in this forum.

The payment end of this module is working perfectly (with a real credit card - paypal's fake one didn't go through). However, when my client receives notification of the purchase, the line containing the product name is missing.

here is the relevant part of the email:

Item Amount:

$25.99 USD

Shipping:

$0.00 USD

Handling:

$0.00 USD

Quantity:

Date:

Jun. 13, 2006

Time:

11:07:37 PDT

Completed

Any idea why this could be happening?

However, when my client receives notification of the purchase, the line containing the product name is missing.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Because product information is not sent to PayPal. Your store should send you an email with a full list of what was purchased and the status of the credit card order making the one from paypal redundant.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I do not have Credit Card Gift Voucher module installed so there's nothing to uncheck, thanks for the information about CCGV but afraid my problem may go a bit deeper. Presently I'm at a dead end ... I really would like to get this wpp module working any help greatly appreciated ...

stuck in the mud

Scot

Go back through and make sure you've copied over every single line and file correctly. There are a lot of small code snippets that may get overlooked during the install. When I first started using the contrib, I thought I had done everything perfectly but after using it for two weeks found I had left one line of code out that was causing some problems.

Also make sure you have enabled the actual payment module in the admin.

I have two questions concerning this module.

Right now, I'm testing it with Sandbox and I was able to create a test account and retrieve an API username/password and certificate.

1. I'm running the test on my computer using EasyPHP and I haven't been able to set up the cURL php extensions. When I try to add it, I get an error saying that the path is incorrect, even though it isn't. As a result, when I try to check out with either a credit card or regular PayPal, I get an error saying the the cURL path is incorrect (/usr/bin/curl). Has anyone set up this module using EasyPHP and been able to get cURL working? If so, what would the cURL path then be?

2. What would the IPN Notification URL be set as if I'm testing it with EasyPHP on my computer?

Thanks for your help in advance.

First of all, I'd like to extend my gratitude to Brian and everyone else who contributed to this module.

Now to my problem :) Any help pointers, correction to my assumptions and help in debugging this are highly appreciated.

I created a test customer in my store Jane Doe. I also created a sandbox account with corresponding CC and Bank Account ( verified) for Jane Doe. The store itself has also a sandbox account.

1. When checking out a product, I enter Jane Doe correct CC#, Name, expiration date and CVV2, the order is correctly processed and the stores paypal account is credited with the correct amount. But Jane Does paypal account shows no Activity and no Transaction.

My questions are :

Why does paypal show this transaction as "instant", shouldn't it be a credit card transaction ?

Why is the Jane Doe paypal account not debited ? And why does no transaction show up at all ?

Expected behavior ???:

The store should be credited the purchase amount

The store transaction details in the sandbox account should indicate a credit card transaction)?

Jane Doe should be debited the purchase amount

The stores log for this transaction :
Transaction ID: 8YW43005732009612
Payment Type: PayPal Direct Payment
Payment Status: Completed
AVS Code: Exact match Address and nine-digit ZIP code
CVV2 Code: Match CVV2

Paypals transaction details ( for the credit the store received)
Accept Payment Received (ID # 8YW43005732009612)
Receipt ID: 6261-8644-4165-5187
Name: Jane Doe	(The sender of this payment is Unregistered)
Email:[email protected]
Payment Sent to: [email protected]
Total Amount: $76.32 USD
Fee Amount: -$2.51 USD
Net Amount: $73.81 USD
Item Amount: $76.32 USD
Shipping: $0.00 USD
Handling: $0.00 USD
Quantity: 1
Date: Jun. 15, 2006
Time: 09:57:23 PDT
Seller Protection Policy:Ineligible
Shipping Address: Jane Doe 123 Dummy Str 456 San Jose, CA 95119 United States Unconfirmed
Payment Type: Instant

2. When entering an incorrect CVV2 or expration date or incorrect name, the transaction is still processed through paypal and the stores account is credited with the correct billing amount. Jane Does paypal account shows no Activity and no Transaction.

My questions are : shouldn't this transaction fail with an error return by paypal ?

Expected behavior ???:

The store should not be credited the purchase amount

An Error should be generated by paypal

Stores and paypals transcation details:
See above, it's the same except of course for the IDs

Configuration
-------------------
 WPP version 0.71 (SSL enabled)
 Credit Card Test Info: CC#: 4111111111111111	  <<<<<< NOT SURE where this is coming from ?????
 Expiry: Any
 Enable this Payment Module: True
 Debug Mode : True
 Live or Sandbox API : sandbox
 API Certificate : /home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/httpsdocs/xxxxxx/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/cert_key_pem.txt_sandbox
 API Username: xxxxx.domain.com
 API Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Proxy Address :
 Declined Cards : No
 Express Checkout: Address Override (Doesn't Work) : No
 Express Checkout: Page Style
 Express Checkout: Button Placement :  No
 Express Checkout: Verified Accounts Only : No
 Express Checkout: Confirmed Address : No
 Express Checkout: Display Payment Page : Yes
 Express Checkout: Automatic Account Creation : No
 Pear Modules : /home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/httpsdocs/xxxxxx/pear/
 Transaction Currency: Always USD
 Sort order of display. : 0
 Payment Zone :--none--
 Set Order Status : default

thx andy

1. Because the money is coming from Jane's credit card, not her paypal account. They aren't one in the same.

2. Because you're using the sandbox. When you go live, it'll give you an error.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but trying to read through the 54 pages of posts, or trying to search for it would still take a long time.

I've installed the wpp direct payments and ec on an osc site. It was working fine when set everything up november of last year. I made sure it was working a couple months after that. However, since it hasn't been a very successfull site, i haven't update it or managed it properly. I just recently noticed however, after a customer contacted us why they couldn't make any payments - actually, they couldn't enter any payment information. So I took a look at the site, and when you get to the checkout_payment.php in the checkout process, the paypal_ppw module doesn't show at all! I went into the admin panel to make sure it was enabled. There was no problem there. I enabled another module just to make sure that page was working fine, and it shows up. But not the paypal_ppw module.

All my api certificate information is there and hasn't been changed. I'm also not very knowledgeable with OSC. So i I have no idea about how to try to troubleshoot this. I can't find anything in error logs. And the page doesn't show any errors when you visit it. What should I be looking at to fix this issue?

Hello, I'm having some problem installing the Module, where i have installed on a clean oscommerce.

It shows the errors...

Warning: paypal_wpp::require_once(Services/PayPal.php) [function.paypal-wpp-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u5/nowink/html/new/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 304

Fatal error: paypal_wpp::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Services/PayPal.php' (include_path='.:') in /home/u5/nowink/html/new/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 304

I'm wondering if anyone have any idea?

Thank you :)

Edited by nowink

Interestingly enough, I tested EC and DP live. It works without a hitch! I guess the sandbox is more of a joke than anything, haha.

Thanks for all the time and effort guys. I really appreciated it.

I am having the same problems as jkchang - except I am not able to do live testing to see if in fact this is a problem with the sandbox. Does anyone have any more ideas? The readme card is constantly declined and the osc card of 4111 1111 1111 1111 is often declined.

Thanks,

John

So I took a look at the site, and when you get to the checkout_payment.php in the checkout process, the paypal_ppw module doesn't show at all!

If the fields have dissappeared, then your codebase has changed somewhere along the way. Download 0.7.3 and recheck your modifications in checkout_payment.php.

what does this do exactly? im a rookie to this world and im tryin to pick up as much info as possible. thanks.

Read the description:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

Warning: paypal_wpp::require_once(Services/PayPal.php) [function.paypal-wpp-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u5/nowink/html/new/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 304

Fatal error: paypal_wpp::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Services/PayPal.php' (include_path='.:') in /home/u5/nowink/html/new/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 304

You didn't install the pear modules. Read the instructions I included with the module.

The readme card is constantly declined and the osc card of 4111 1111 1111 1111 is often declined.

4111111111111111 doesn't work in the sandbox, especially if you're adding spaces. Read the instructions I included with the module.

Hi dynamo

i'm trying to install your paypal wpp 0.73 into my shop, but when i try to upload the paypal_wpp.sql using phpMyAdmin it comes up with the following error :

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `customers_paypal_payerid` VARCHAR( 20 ) ;

MySQL said:

#1146 - Table 'wheelsmo_shop.customers' doesn't exist

I tryed adding a 'customers' table to the database, but i did not know what to put in the table appart from 20 fields.

Please could you help me

James

If you don't have a 'customers' table, you either haven't installed osCommerce yet or you're trying to apply the update to the wrong database.

I have been looking through this post but haven't found anyone else having this issue.

Install seemed to work ok. I put in all the settings and uploaded the cert.

After i input credit card info (test card) or do express checkout i get the following error.

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'apiprofile' in /hsphere/local/home/simispor/staging.diversionclothing.com/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 314

anyone have any clues.

Thanks

Looks like i missed something when i was merging my code with the module code. Everything seems to work ok now. Great Contrib!