• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Need help with weird error:

When customer uses Express Payments, he/she goes to Paypal to enter their info, and then is directed back to my webpage (checkout_payment.php), they then have to click the "continue" button, and then are taken to "checkout_payment.php?error_message=Please+select+a+payment+method+for+your+order." where it says "Please select a payment method for your order." message with a bright red border at the top of the page. What??????

However, if the customer processes their payment by logging in to my webpage, and entering their credit card info on my webpage (ie NOT using Paypal Express but payapl direct payment), it works fine, without a single problem!

I have the latest OSCommerce, and the latest WPP Direct Mod.

I am on Godaddy and have corrected the CURL problem.

I have no other mods installed on my OSCommerce.

In Paypal I have my return URL set to "http://www.everyinstruction.com/checkout_shipping.php?" but I also tried /checkout_confirmation.php?" with the same results.

Please help!

When customer uses Express Payments, he/she goes to Paypal to enter their info, and then is directed back to my webpage (checkout_payment.php), they then have to click the "continue" button, and then are taken to "checkout_payment.php?error_message=Please+select+a+payment+method+for+your+order." where it says "Please select a payment method for your order." message with a bright red border at the top of the page. What??????

However, if the customer processes their payment by logging in to my webpage, and entering their credit card info on my webpage (ie NOT using Paypal Express but payapl direct payment), it works fine, without a single problem!

In Paypal I have my return URL set to "http://www.everyinstruction.com/checkout_shipping.php?" but I also tried /checkout_confirmation.php?" with the same results.

Please help!

Me too!!!

One guy said that he changed his payment zone to "none" and it worked, but mine was already set to none so that didnt help me at all. Maybe it might help you though..

Hey Dynamo - I get the following error after upgrading to 0.73 - ""Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info. Retry (10207) Retry

Works fine in paypals sandbox - this is LIVE with a valid CC.

Any help would be great!

I just found out my customers are also getting billed twice, this is a serious issue as customers don't know they are being double charged.

Can anyone suggest what might cause this, or what to check?

Regards,

J Adams

Just FYI I upgraded to 0.73 and don't get double billed anymore. Looks like something in the new version fixed that issue.

Hey Dynamo - I get the following error after upgrading to 0.73 - ""Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info. Retry (10207) Retry

Works fine in paypals sandbox - this is LIVE with a valid CC.

Any help would be great!

I have fixed this - it was on my end - paypal is very strict with matching CC data adding "AVE" to my address is what caused this error. I removed "ave" and everything worked great.

Thanks Dynamo for a great contrib!

Just FYI I upgraded to 0.73 and don't get double billed anymore. Looks like something in the new version fixed that issue.

Good to know, but I can't think of any changes that would've fixed it. In fact, the whole double billing thing is a mystery as the module would have to run twice in order to do that. Oh well, let's hope it doesn't show up again.

I have fixed this - it was on my end - paypal is very strict with matching CC data adding "AVE" to my address is what caused this error. I removed "ave" and everything worked great.

Thanks for sharing this info. I just got a couple paypal dumps from a customer this morning with 10207 errors. Low and behold, they had put "AVE" in their address.

I'm highly impressed with PayPal at this point, let me tell you. <_<

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Please help!

The return URL in paypal doesn't do anything with WPP. When they come back, they should be directed to checkout_shipping.php, not checkout_payment.php.

It sounds like the session variables aren't getting set. Is register_globals on or off?

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

The return URL in paypal doesn't do anything with WPP. When they come back, they should be directed to checkout_shipping.php, not checkout_payment.php.

It sounds like the session variables aren't getting set. Is register_globals on or off?

I have register_globals on. At least that is the way it is set in my php.ini file.

I have register_globals on. At least that is the way it is set in my php.ini file.

I also had modified this piece of code prior to getting the "Plaese select a payment method for your order". I modified the below because I was previously getting the error about "trouble validating your account".

Around line 516 change:

//$_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info'] = $paypal_ec_payer_info;

tep_session_register('paypal_ec_payer_info');

TO:

tep_session_register('paypal_ec_payer_info');

$_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info'] = $paypal_ec_payer_info;

I upgraded to 7.3 and then got the authorization error, I did the 2 fixes i found on here for it but it did not work for me permanently. The problem started again.

Before this though, mine mine was going to the checkout_payment.php as well, I just went ahead and put the 5 version of wpp back on and now it goes to checkout_shipping.php but it still has the same error about choosing a payment.

My register glbals is on.

Sounds more like an incomplete install vs. a problem with the module.

Dynamoeffects, I installed the mod once and had that problem. Thinking it was my mistake, I started all over again and did a clean install of OSCommerce, and reinstalled the WPP module, with the exact same error results! I don't think it is an incomplete install. I didn't even cut and past anything. I simply replaced my php files with your php files.

Good to know, but I can't think of any changes that would've fixed it. In fact, the whole double billing thing is a mystery as the module would have to run twice in order to do that.

Yeah, it was odd - What seemed to be happening is that, for some reason, their item is charged, but the website tells them the order has failed. So they try again, I get two payments, and only one order is reported in the admin.

After upgrading to .73 I couldn't duplicate this error the double billing was cured, so all appears to be working great now.

Dynamoeffects, I installed the mod once and had that problem. Thinking it was my mistake, I started all over again and did a clean install of OSCommerce, and reinstalled the WPP module, with the exact same error results! I don't think it is an incomplete install. I didn't even cut and past anything. I simply replaced my php files with your php files.

I created a test OSC site that is always fresh and new for me to just upload and overwrite files to in case a contrib install I do on my active cart doesnt work. It does the same wierd stuff on that OSC as it does on my own modded one.

It isnt just the 2 of us who have had this problem. I have found at least 2 other people post about it on this thread in the last 2 weeks.

Edited by MechBun

I created a test OSC site that is always fresh and new for me to just upload and overwrite files to in case a contrib install I do on my active cart doesnt work. It does the same wierd stuff on that OSC as it does on my own modded one.

It isnt just the 2 of us who have had this problem. I have found at least 2 other people post about it on this thread in the last 2 weeks.

MechBun, is your hosting on Godaddy too? Mine is. I'm just trying to figure out why we are having this problem and a few other people, but not everybody is having this problem.

Aha, vidication! It's happening to several others, even those who don't use my module:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=197451

Make sure your host didn't upgrade you to MySQL 5 without telling you.

Hi Dynamo,

I wonder why I don't get replies via email. I always get back when there are 20+ posts after mine.

Anyways, I'm the web-host myself and I'm running on the same version I was running before. Its version 4.0.25.

This is still a mystery to me. I'll look into that thread you posted.

Any leads on this would be great.

Thanks,

Mohsin.

MechBun, is your hosting on Godaddy too? Mine is. I'm just trying to figure out why we are having this problem and a few other people, but not everybody is having this problem.

No, mine is on Ixwebhosting..

Oh man, I'm all ready to flip the switch on this puppy, when I realize the coupon codes are not showing on Paypal's Invoice. Anyone have the Coupon/Gift Voucher installed and working properly with PP?!? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by RichD

Oh man, I'm all ready to flip the switch on this puppy, when I realize the coupon codes are not showing on Paypal's Invoice. Anyone have the Coupon/Gift Voucher installed and working properly with PP?!? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

hmm.. I have not had any problems with that at all, did you double check all the edits? You may have missed a step (I do it all the time)

I'm very new at osCommerce, and pretty new at web design all together. I have an online store that accepts PayPal transactions. When my customers check out, they put all of their original information into osCommerce, and then when they get fowarded to the PayPal, they are asked for all of their information again.

I've seen it done, so there must be a way to get osCommerce to foward all of this info to the PayPal Portal. Couldn't find anything searching this site, so maybe somone could walk me through it or send me a link for some place that can!

I tried installing the IPN (even though I don't know what it actually is), but it didn't seem to correct the problem! PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks for the help! You guys are amazing!

I've been posting here and other forums for weeks trying to get a response for this issue! Not one person, of the thousands that viewed it, has given me the sligest bit of insight. I don't want to seem pushy, but I have an item that needs to be on sale next wednesday. If you are kind enough to help me out, you can reply here or send me an email at [email protected]. Please, please, somone be caring enough to help me!

If you want to send them to PayPal, you want the IPN module. If you want to keep the customer on your site while their order is processesed, you'll need to sign up at PayPal for PayPal Pro and install my module.

So, Brian, what do you think about this redirect problem after coming back from Paypal on an express payment? (the error I posted about recently) I am switching over from Authorize.net to WPP and really need to get this thing working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How much do you charge to install the module and get it working properly, if I have you do it?

Thanks!

Another idea since I can't get this darn thing to work for express payments is to use the direct payment portion of this mod (since that part works), somehow disable/hide the express payments option, and then also install the Paypal IPN mod. Would that work or would there be some conflicts?

Another idea since I can't get this darn thing to work for express payments is to use the direct payment portion of this mod (since that part works), somehow disable/hide the express payments option, and then also install the Paypal IPN mod. Would that work or would there be some conflicts?

Actually that does work! I just enabled the regular Paypal module that comes pre-packaged with OSCommerce. I processed a transaction through that mod, and also through the direct payment option, and they both work with no apparent conflicts.

All I have to do now is make a button the same color as my background to replace the Paypal Express button, so it will be invisible on the login page. Or, if I can figure out where in the code to disable the display of that express button on the login.php page.

Kind of crazy to do that, but if we can't get this thing to work properly, I see no problem doing it. Paypal may not like it, but maybe by the time Paypal notices that the express button is not there someone will have fixed the code.