• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

That was just a guess looking at the block of code you posted. If there was an error trying to charge the card, they'll get sent back to checkout_payment. That's the only thing I can think of.

But it isn't a credit card issue.

Here's where I've seen it: customer goes to site, puts items in their cart, and clicks on checkout. On the login page they click on the great big PayPal button and are whisked away to PayPal where they authorize the payment. Then they're dumped to checkout_shipping.php where they're greeted with this error.

But it's an error that's generated by checkout_payment.php! Either I've modified something or there is something happening that I don't understand.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Heh, no worries, as was mine.

That's the behavior that PayPal suggests for EC users who want to change their address. I see what you mean about leaving it more in-house, though.

More or less. SteveDallas showed me that there are four or five countries that should have a blank state field, so I've added his fix for that. Otherwise, as long as the customer fills in their address information correctly, it should work. I would like to hear some results (successful and unsuccessful)!

It's deleted near the end of the checkout_success.php page after all of the order entry queries have finished.

Can you specify which countries those are that need to be blank? Do the others need to be in a specific format? Is there a detailed list somewhere?

I am having the following problem with version 0.5, and am very hopeful that it is fixed in 0.7:

http://galbanum.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=20

But it isn't a credit card issue.

Here's where I've seen it: customer goes to site, puts items in their cart, and clicks on checkout. On the login page they click on the great big PayPal button and are whisked away to PayPal where they authorize the payment. Then they're dumped to checkout_shipping.php where they're greeted with this error.

But it's an error that's generated by checkout_payment.php! Either I've modified something or there is something happening that I don't understand.

Oh, I bet I know what it is. Check your normal login routine in login.php. I bet MVS sets something up when the customer logs in. If so, you'll need to transfer that modification to the module.

Can you specify which countries those are that need to be blank? Do the others need to be in a specific format? Is there a detailed list somewhere?

I am having the following problem with version 0.5, and am very hopeful that it is fixed in 0.7:

http://galbanum.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=20

SteveDallas said that the countries that the module blanks out are the only ones that PayPal doesn't request in its virtual terminal. You don't need to do anything on your end. You should upgrade even if it's not completely fixed, though. There have been some significant improvements in performance since 0.5.

By the way, the five country codes that blank out the state field are:

AT, BE, FR, DE, and CH

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Someone pleazzzzzzzz help me!

I've just installed v0.7 because I had problem with v0.5

On v0.5 when I tried direct payments my card was declined with blank error. So I upgraded to v0.7 hoping for it to work BUT now when I tried direct payment on checkout_payment.php page only thing I get is the comment box and continue button. It's missing form to input payment information!!

BTW, express checkout works fine.

I don't have any other contribution installed yet.

I wanted to make sure WPP worked before I install anything else.

There was previous post regarding same problem but I didn't see the answer to it so I'm posting the problem.

Please help!

Someone pleazzzzzzzz help me!

I've just installed v0.7 because I had problem with v0.5

On v0.5 when I tried direct payments my card was declined with blank error. So I upgraded to v0.7 hoping for it to work BUT now when I tried direct payment on checkout_payment.php page only thing I get is the comment box and continue button. It's missing form to input payment information!!

The problem seems to be solved here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=799472

It's strange that this is popping up all of the sudden since I haven't made any changes to that file in 3 or 4 releases.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Oh, I bet I know what it is. Check your normal login routine in login.php. I bet MVS sets something up when the customer logs in. If so, you'll need to transfer that modification to the module.

MVS modifies the catalog and the shipping calculation portion of the checkout process. I couldn't find any mods made to login.php by MVS.

I'm having a hard time replicating the error, but I've seen some pretty weird things in the meantime. At least twice, the checkout process has skipped directly to confirmation upon redirecting from PayPal. One time every thing was all filled out, correct shipping charges and all, the next time delivery information was completely empty.

?

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

What was happening to me was that PayPal was declining my card because I have a PayPal account. Someone referred to Website Payments Pro as "Mickey Mouse" recently, and at this point I would have to agree. The credit card in question was never associated with my account by me. But a few weeks ago I bought an item through the store using that credit card and my personal email address (on file with PayPal). They must have then associated that credit card number with my account on their end, then started declining it.

I can only imagine how fun this will be when real customers start going through this with no good explanation.

If PayPal really wants to not have our business that badly, I guess we won't give it to them.

another (HUGE)problem I noticed. When a customer logs in after they have used paypal EC before and want to make a new order, they are not given the option as to what payment method they want....automatically given paypal EC and they bypass the payment screen.

So if a returning customer whats to use a regular credit card, they cant. On all my test accounts I cant get the payment screen to come up at all.

After getting this amazing contrib running, I happened to skim over this thread and found these above ... So I take any customer that pays by DP, with a specfic credit card, that card is automatically "flagged" by PayPal on their end, forcing them to use PayPal in the future any time they try to use that same credit card, on any site that happens to also use WPP ??? ... say it ain't so ... :'(

After getting this amazing contrib running, I happened to skim over this thread and found these above ... So I take any customer that pays by DP, with a specfic credit card, that card is automatically "flagged" by PayPal on their end, forcing them to use PayPal in the future any time they try to use that same credit card, on any site that happens to also use WPP ??? ... say it ain't so ... :'(

Maybe so, maybe not. I haven't had a problem in a long time with it, at the time I made those comments I was having a lot of problems that have been resolved.

It's strange that this is popping up all of the sudden since I haven't made any changes to that file in 3 or 4 releases.

Shoot, we're all busy. I can certainly understand why you ignored this bug right before you were trying to get out your new release.

But - just thinking out loud here B) - wouldn't it be worth a tiny slice of your time to go and look at checkout_paymemt.php in your new release? I'm pretty sure that anybody that installs it will NOT get a payment page - only the Add Comments box. For those of you that are just upgrading, everything must be cool. But have a little pity on we-who-must-install-it-all. You're missing a NOT.

jc

be this?

<?php if (!$ec_enabled || isset($_GET['ec_cancel']) || (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) { ?>

No, that will cause other errors. The reason the first one was left without a "!" was because on an error, the ec_token will get set, but the other two will remain empty. A better way to fix it would be like this:

<?php if (!$ec_enabled || isset($_GET['ec_cancel']) || (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) { ?>

It's already fixed in the next release.

The problem seems to be solved here:

Thank you for directing me to an answer. checkout_payment pay is now working BUT other problem...

Direct Pay works half the time and it doesn't work other half getting this error:

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

()

What might be the problem? I did change the HTTP.php file $timeout = 300;

It's bothering me because sometimes it works but sometimes it just doesn't.

And another question, when continue checkout button is clicked from confirmation page to process payment, is it normal to take about 2-4mins to get the results? (some cases success page, other times declined error)

Oh this time error had Retry (10207)

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Retry (10207)

Retry

In your module turn on Debugging and send me what it emails you when you get the first "()" error. Do a search and replace to remove your credit card and personal info.

The "Retry" error is a new one. I'll look into it.

Edited by dynamoeffects

No, that will cause other errors. The reason the first one was left without a "!" was because on an error, the ec_token will get set, but the other two will remain empty. A better way to fix it would be like this:

<?php if (!$ec_enabled || isset($_GET['ec_cancel']) || (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) { ?>

It's already fixed in the next release.

Okay, thanks. I changed my checkout_payment.php as you suggested.

What next release?

In your module turn on Debugging and send me what it emails you when you get the first "()" error. Do a search and replace to remove your credit card and personal info.

The "Retry" error is a new one. I'll look into it.

I just sent you PM with error message I received in my email.

Maybe so, maybe not. I haven't had a problem in a long time with it, at the time I made those comments I was having a lot of problems that have been resolved.

Thanks dj, I was worried about the whole "Paypal is supposed to be transparent" thing ...

Hi all,

I've tried to setup this module but I have ran into some problems. I need to get this fixed asap. So any help will be great

I followed the instructions but I got the following error

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'Services/PayPal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pearPATH_SEPARATOR/kunden/homepages/43/d94096769/htdocs/dirty-minis.co.uk/catalog/pear/') in /kunden/homepages/43/d94096769/htdocs/dirty-minis.co.uk/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 303

One other thing, I noticed that when editing the module on the transaction currency it says (Currently, PayPal's API only supports USD)

What does this mean? The customers that will using this site will be from the UK paying in Pounds Sterling ? .

I'm still having problem with Direct Pay... :'(

I freshly installed OsCommerce 2.2 ms 2.

Installed WPP v0.7

HTTP.php $timeout set to 300

This is partial debugg code I received in my email after I got this error message when I confirmed order.

()

>-------------------------------FINAL_REQ-----------------------------

>-------------------This is the response from PayPal------------------

>---------------------------------------------------------------------

>soap_fault Object

>(

> [error_message_prefix] =>

> [mode] => 1

> [level] => 1024

>

=> SOAP-ENV:Server

> [message] => [color=#FF0000]Timeout: try a smaller date range[/color]

> [userinfo] => [color=#FF0000]CiproSystemError[/color]

> [backtrace] => Array

> (

> [0] => Array

> (

> [file] => /hsphere/local/home/xxxxx/xxxxx.com/catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Fault.php

> [line] => 48

> [function] => [color=#FF0000]pear_error[/color]

> [class] => pear_error

> [type] => ::

> [args] => Array

> (

> [0] => Timeout: try a smaller date range

> [1] => SOAP-ENV:Server

> [2] =>

> [3] =>

> [4] => CiproSystemError

> )

>

> )

>

> [1] => Array

> (

> [file] => /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx.com/catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Base.php

> [line] => 208

> [function] => soap_fault

> [class] => soap_fault

> [type] => ->

> [args] => Array

> (

> [1] => SOAP-ENV:Server

> [2] =>

> [3] => CiproSystemError

> [4] =>

> [5] =>

> )

>

> )

>

> [2] => Array

> (

> [file] => /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx.com/catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Client.php

> [line] => 622

> [function] => _raisesoapfault

> [class] => callerservices

> [type] => ->

> [args] => Array

> (

> [1] => CiproSystemError

> [2] =>

> [3] => SOAP-ENV:Server

> )

>

> )

>

> [3] => Array

> (

> [file] => /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx.com/catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Client.php

> [line] => 588

> [function] => __decoderesponse

> [class] => callerservices

> [type] => ->

> [args] => Array

> (

> [0] => soap_value Object

> (

> [value] => Array

> (

> [0] => soap_value Object

> (

> [value] => SOAP-ENV:Server

> [name] => faultcode

> [type] => string

> [namespace] => http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/

> [type_namespace] =>

> [attributes] => Array

> (

> )

>

> [arrayType] =>

> [options] => Array

> (

> )

>

> [nqn] => qname Object

> (

> [name] => faultcode

> [ns] =>

> )

>

> [tqn] => qname Object

> (

> [name] => string

> [ns] =>

> [namespace] =>

> )

>

> [type_prefix] =>

> )

>

> [1] => soap_value Object

> (

> [value] => Timeout: try a smaller date range

> [name] => faultstring

> [type] => string

> [type_namespace] =>

> [attributes] => Array

> (

> )

>

> [arrayType] =>

> [options] => Array

> (

> )

>

> [nqn] => qname Object

> (

> [name] => faultstring

> [ns] =>

> )

>

> [tqn] => qname Object

> (

> [name] => string

> [ns] =>

> [namespace] =>

> )

>

> [type_prefix] =>

> )

>

> [2] => soap_value Object

> (

> [value] => CiproSystemError

> [name] => detail

> [type] => string

> [type_namespace] =>

> [attributes] => Array

> (

> )

>

> [arrayType] =>

> [options] => Array

> (

> )

>

> [nqn] => qname Object

> (

> [name] => detail

> [ns] =>

> )

>

> [tqn] => qname Object

> (

> [name] => string

> [ns] =>

> [namespace] =>

> )

>

> [type_prefix] =>

> )

>

> )

>

> [name] => Fault

> [type] => Struct

> [type_namespace] =>

> [attributes] => Array

> (

> )

>

> [arrayType] =>

> [options] => Array

> (

> )

>

> [nqn] => qname Object

> (

> [name] => Fault

> [ns] =>

> )

>

> [tqn] => qname Object

> (

> [name] => Struct

> [ns] =>

> [namespace] =>

> )

>

> [type_prefix] =>

> )

>

Timeout: try a smaller date range

CiproSystemError

What is this mean??

Can someone help me? Please?

Could somebody provide some assitance in installing WPP into a BTS (Basic Templates) implementation. Im sitting here with windiff but some of this is a above my head:)

Thanks

Hi all,

I've tried to setup this module but I have ran into some problems. I need to get this fixed asap. So any help will be great

I followed the instructions but I got the following error

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'Services/PayPal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pearPATH_SEPARATOR/kunden/homepages/43/d94096769/htdocs/dirty-minis.co.uk/catalog/pear/') in /kunden/homepages/43/d94096769/htdocs/dirty-minis.co.uk/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 303

It says it couldn't find the pear modules. Judging by the path shown, it is looking in "/kunden/homepages/43/d94096769/htdocs/dirty-minis.co.uk/catalog/pear/". Make sure you installed the Pear modules there. See README.html for details.

One other thing, I noticed that when editing the module on the transaction currency it says (Currently, PayPal's API only supports USD)

What does this mean? The customers that will using this site will be from the UK paying in Pounds Sterling ? .

PayPal's Website Payments Pro product includes two Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Express Checkout works with any currency that PayPal supports, though this module may not. Direct Payments, which allows you to accept credit cards and process them through PayPal without identifying PayPal as your processor, only works in USD at this time. You'll have to use a different method of accepting credit cards if you want to use UKP.

> [message] => Timeout: try a smaller date range

> [userinfo] => CiproSystemError

Just from googling around, it looks like this error is quite common. From what I've read, it happens when you use a card number in the sandbox that's been overused. The error log you PMed me earlier showed that you used the 4111111111111111 number, which is probably the most overused. Use the credit card number provided in the README.html file or try using one of these numbers instead:

Mastercard

----------

VISA 16 digit

-------------

VISA 13 digit

-------------

American Express

----------------

Discover

--------

Edited by dynamoeffects

Direct Payments, which allows you to accept credit cards and process them through PayPal without identifying PayPal as your processor, only works in USD at this time. You'll have to use a different method of accepting credit cards if you want to use UKP.

So it can accept foriegn credit cards.. it just has to be in US dollars?

Edited by Mediajuggle

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

It says it couldn't find the pear modules. Judging by the path shown, it is looking in "/kunden/homepages/43/d94096769/htdocs/dirty-minis.co.uk/catalog/pear/". Make sure you installed the Pear modules there. See README.html for details.

PayPal's Website Payments Pro product includes two Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Express Checkout works with any currency that PayPal supports, though this module may not. Direct Payments, which allows you to accept credit cards and process them through PayPal without identifying PayPal as your processor, only works in USD at this time. You'll have to use a different method of accepting credit cards if you want to use UKP.

Thanks for the quick reply Steve.

So would you just suggest that I don't use this contribution?

Back to the pear problem I unpacked the 2 the packages in the readme file into "catalog/pear"

So it can accept foriegn credit cards.. it just has to be in US dollars?

Yep.

Thanks for the quick reply Steve.

So would you just suggest that I don't use this contribution?

Back to the pear problem I unpacked the 2 the packages in the readme file into "catalog/pear"

Make sure the "Services" directory is directly inside the pear directory like this:

catalog/pear/Services

and not:

catalog/pear/pear/Services