• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Hello

I recently installed the last contribution, 0.6 and when i try to checkout after some time the browser is trying to download checkout.php file (firefox, XP). File is empty BTW.

Anyway it is strange because I installed after that 0.5, i thought the last one isn't working - same thing.

I have uploaded coresponding certificate. I am very familiar with osc too, but I can't get this to work

Thank you in advance for any help.

What about adding the fixes for shipping tax until it is corrected in the main oscommerce source.... The bug referenced earlier was submitted over 2 years ago..... I don't think we should be tooo worried about a fix anytime soon.

Edited by dmason2

What about adding the fixes for shipping tax until it is corrected in the main oscommerce source.... The bug referenced earlier was submitted over 2 years ago..... I don't think we should be tooo worried about a fix anytime soon.

There is a fix for the bug in the bug's comments. Just swap the appropriate lines in checkout_process.php and that should do it. I agree with Brian that this shouldn't be in the payment module.

--Glen

Hello

I recently installed the last contribution, 0.6 and when i try to checkout after some time the browser is trying to download checkout.php file (firefox, XP). File is empty BTW.

Anyway it is strange because I installed after that 0.5, i thought the last one isn't working - same thing.

I have uploaded coresponding certificate. I am very familiar with osc too, but I can't get this to work

Thank you in advance for any help.

If it's trying to download PHP files, you don't have your web server setup correctly. Also, this contribution has no checkout.php file. You might be using pbreit's.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Brian-

You recently posted a link to a site that, if memory serves, used your PayPal WPP module and had the payment and shipping pages combined.

If I beg you really nicely, will you release the combined payment/shipping page as a contribution?

Pretty please?

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Well - I just got done reading all 32 pages in this forum and apparently no one else can screw up quite like me. I've installed version 0.6.1b on top of a much modified installation (most recently CCGV) and the express checkout seems to work great. However, when I try to test Direct Payments, I just get the "add your comments" box from the shipping page and nothing else.

This is obviously a conflict with something I've done previously (I'm thinking CCGV). Could someone who has both CCGV and WPP give me some direction of where I should look for my problem?

This is obviously a conflict with something I've done previously (I'm thinking CCGV). Could someone who has both CCGV and WPP give me some direction of where I should look for my problem?

Maybe my problemt doesn't have anything to do with CCGV after all. I went into checkout_payment.php and forced $ec_enabled to false just to see what would happen. All my beau-ti-ful payment options showed up.

I've messed something up, somewhere along the line, but what?

Any thoughts? At all?

jc

Okay, I've reached the end of my meager knowledge. I'm seriously hurting now.

When I try to make a Direct Payment and only get the comments box on the Payment Screen here's the line that appears to stop me from getting my credit card form.

In checkout_payment.php

<? //---PayPal WPP Modification START ---//-- ?>
<?php if (!$ec_enabled || isset($_GET['ec_cancel']) || (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) { ?>
<? //---PayPal WPP Modification END ---//-- ?>

$ec_enabled is "1" and all the other tests on the line are false.

What should they be? If I knew that, maybe I can see where they're going wrong. (One must dream)

I am having the same problem. I just installed the Paypal WPP everything looks like it is working ok until it get to the checkout_payment.php file. The only thing I see on the screen is a comments box. No other payment options display. The Paypal express button works fine. Please help!

Okay, I've reached the end of my meager knowledge. I'm seriously hurting now.

When I try to make a Direct Payment and only get the comments box on the Payment Screen here's the line that appears to stop me from getting my credit card form.

In checkout_payment.php

<? //---PayPal WPP Modification START ---//-- ?>
<?php if (!$ec_enabled || isset($_GET['ec_cancel']) || (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) { ?>
<? //---PayPal WPP Modification END ---//-- ?>

$ec_enabled is "1" and all the other tests on the line are false.

What should they be? If I knew that, maybe I can see where they're going wrong. (One must dream)

I am having the same problem. I just installed the Paypal WPP everything looks like it is working ok until it get to the checkout_payment.php file. The only thing I see on the screen is a comments box. No other payment options display. The Paypal express button works fine. Please help!

John - Who's your host? I'm with GoDaddy.

And what other contributions have you installed?

I am with Advanced Network Hosting. I have installed Paypal IPN, and some minor Product info scripts to show Quantity things like that nothing major. You can see my website at www.fonduefusion.com.

John - Who's your host? I'm with GoDaddy.

And what other contributions have you installed?

this is my first post here, though i've been reading and learning a lot from the threads here. i've installed version 0.5 in my fairly basic storefront -- and it's just not working. i suspect it's something fairly basic, and i've been hesitant to post about it.

when i go to checkout, the options show up, but as soon as i choose a payment option (express checkout or login as a customer) the next page is completely blank.

http://bike29.com/catalog/checkout_shipping.php

i have a symlink between my httpdocs and httpsdocs, it's a shared SSL certificate.

any tips or directions for me to pursue?

thanks

this is my first post here, though i've been reading and learning a lot from the threads here. i've installed version 0.5 in my fairly basic storefront -- and it's just not working. i suspect it's something fairly basic, and i've been hesitant to post about it.

when i go to checkout, the options show up, but as soon as i choose a payment option (express checkout or login as a customer) the next page is completely blank.

i have a symlink between my httpdocs and httpsdocs, it's a shared SSL certificate.

any tips or directions for me to pursue?

thanks

One of the main reasons this happens is that you've accidentally copied the checkout_shipping.php from catalog/includes/includes/languages/english to the root .

Re-copy catalog/checkout_shipping.php to your root and see if that's it.

jc

p.s. I set up a dummy test customer to check out your problem. You'll want to delete me.

Kicks,

Did you ever out how to get the payment options to display with the Paypal WPP yet? I can not figure it out it looks like everything is installed correctly and in the correct folders but it is not working at all.

No! I've been trying to work on the IPN connection. I had installed it previously, too. I restored my pre-IPN backup database and php's, then re-installed WPP but the exact thing happen.

I was hoping you'd come across something. I just need someone to tell me what those variables should be set to when it's flowing correctly. In the meantime, I'm dead in the water.

Weekends are hell.

jc

One of the main reasons this happens is that you've accidentally copied the checkout_shipping.php from catalog/includes/includes/languages/english to the root .

Re-copy catalog/checkout_shipping.php to your root and see if that's it.

jc

p.s. I set up a dummy test customer to check out your problem. You'll want to delete me.

i recopied the catalog/checkout_shipping to the root, and it's still giving me a blank screen. and then just for fun double checked that all the other files were copied into the correct locations.

any more ideas?

I think you guys should go file by file and recheck the changes that you made. If ec_checkout == '1', then you're going through an Express Checkout and the payment options will not be displayed. If you're going through a normal checkout and ec_checkout == '1', then you're missing a block of code somewhere.

Glen (SteveDallas) has sent me a pile and a half of bugs that surprisingly haven't been reported until now. I'm waiting on some vardumps from him, but this next beta release should be pretty slick. Expect it late today or tomorrow.

And for those that have asked, all address additions will be included in the 0.7 release after 0.6 is solidified.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Glen (SteveDallas) has sent me a pile and a half of bugs that surprisingly haven't been reported until now. I'm waiting on some vardumps from him, but this next beta release should be pretty slick. Expect it late today or tomorrow.

That's because they were all bugs that were introduced in 0.6.x. I hope that most people heeded your message about the test nature of 0.6.1 and are running 0.5. 0.5 is quite solid. The final release of 0.6 will be, too.

Edited by SteveDallas

I think you guys should go file by file and recheck the changes that you made. If ec_checkout == '1', then you're going through an Express Checkout and the payment options will not be displayed. If you're going through a normal checkout and ec_checkout == '1', then you're missing a block of code somewhere.

Brian - thanks so much for answering. I'm really excited about getting this up and running. Express Checkout works so smoothly.

ec_checkout isn't being tested in checkout_payment.php. The line that prevents payment options from displaying for me (I think) is:

Should $ec_enabled be false? or ec_cancel true?

Thanks again- jc

i recopied the catalog/checkout_shipping to the root, and it's still giving me a blank screen. and then just for fun double checked that all the other files were copied into the correct locations.

any more ideas?

When checkout_shipping.php is displayed on your browser, select the browser option to view source. That might give you a clue as to what's going wrong.

And for those that have asked, all address additions will be included in the 0.7 release after 0.6 is solidified.

That second ec_checkout should say

ec_checkout != '1',

correct?

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Brian-

You recently posted a link to a site that, if memory serves, used your PayPal WPP module and had the payment and shipping pages combined.

If I beg you really nicely, will you release the combined payment/shipping page as a contribution?

Pretty please?

Stew

Ha, I'll see if I can rip it out. You wouldn't believe how much trouble it is shortening the checkout process. It was like trying to fell a tree root by root.

Brian - I got it to work by adding an exclamation mark to my troublesome line in checkout_payment.php.

Here's my reasoning ...

Since ec_checkout isn't being checked at all in checkout_payment.php, I looked at checkout_shipping.php.

if (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) { 
  $ec_checkout = false;

Assuming that's the appropriate test for credit card processing - the line in checkout_payment.php is missing a '!' on the check for paypal_ec_token.

So should this code ...

be this?

<?php if (!$ec_enabled || isset($_GET['ec_cancel']) || (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) { ?>

Thanks,

jc

Kicks,

Thank You so much for figuring that out. My site looks like it is working also since I made the fix you suggested. Everything is displaying in the Payment screen and so far it looks like it is working. I am going to do some more testing.

John

Brian - I got it to work by adding an exclamation mark to my troublesome line in checkout_payment.php.

Here's my reasoning ...

Since ec_checkout isn't being checked at all in checkout_payment.php, I looked at checkout_shipping.php.

if (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) { 
  $ec_checkout = false;

Assuming that's the appropriate test for credit card processing - the line in checkout_payment.php is missing a '!' on the check for paypal_ec_token.

So should this code ...

be this?

<?php if (!$ec_enabled || isset($_GET['ec_cancel']) || (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) { ?>

Thanks,

jc