• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

So basically, if you use their Direct Payments, you can't use their automatic shipping labels?

You can use it, you would have to type in all the info though.

Brian would know for sure if that's a limitation of the service or of the module.

Edited by djmonkey1

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Quick Question..

I have the Paypal Express logo on the login.php page. Do i HAVE to have it on top of the checkout_shipping.php page?

It seems to be confusing my poor customers and they keep choosing that to checkout.

Thanks =)

WPP Order Total not showing discounts.

Hi all,

Currently using the WPP contribution with the Points and Rewards contrib, WPP works great until a discount is processed for th order total. Although oscommerce shows the discounted price the customer is charge full price. Paypal is not seeing the discounts. I've browsed the thread looking for possible solutions, but cant find a solution.

Please HELP! Desparate in MD :-"

I have installed the WPP with CCGV - works good so far. (I even found the solution for passing the correct order total after CCGV discounts to the paypal).

One thing: When using PAYPAL express checkout and the customer is directed back to the store to complete the checkout process - the CCGV REDEEM COUPON area has dissapeared. (Bad!)

When NOT using PayPal express check out, the CCGV Redeem coupon area is there and it works. (Good!)

I suspect i need to edit my checkout_payment.php file and reorder one of the two mods in order to get the CCGV field to show up durring express checkout.

thanks.

Can you explain how you got the correct order total to pass, I'm using the points and reward contrib and having the same issue.

Quick Question..

I have the Paypal Express logo on the login.php page. Do i HAVE to have it on top of the checkout_shipping.php page?

It seems to be confusing my poor customers and they keep choosing that to checkout.

Thanks =)

You can take it off, just remove the code for it.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

You can use it, you would have to type in all the info though.

Brian would know for sure if that's a limitation of the service or of the module.

There is another contribution out there for wpp that has this functionality, but it has bugs when used with downloads and no support thread. I nead a module that works with downloads. I am pretty sure that this information is passed to paypal using XML. Can you tell me what files this contribution uses to pass its information to paypal. I can probably figure it out from there. Thanks.

I just installed the latest contribution and I am still getting the error stating that my credit card has been declined, but it still charges the card and puts the funds in my paypal account.

I tested with a live account. using a $0.02 transaction

I'm really new at this so please bear with me. I searched the forums for a solution to make sure that this wasn't already addressed, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

ashley

www.bbtoysonline.com

site is under developement, but is working except for this.

Are you experiencing this problem in the sandbox? Make certain that you are logged in to the sandbox (in another browser window) and that the sandbox merchant account (the one you receive payments with) has signed up for WPP, and has been approved.

i am not sure my sandbox merchant account has been apporved. i didn't find where to do it in the control pannel.

I just installed the latest contribution and I am still getting the error stating that my credit card has been declined, but it still charges the card and puts the funds in my paypal account.

I tested with a live account. using a $0.02 transaction

I'm really new at this so please bear with me. I searched the forums for a solution to make sure that this wasn't already addressed, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

ashley

www.bbtoysonline.com

site is under developement, but is working except for this.

You probably need to increase the timeout for receiving a response from PayPal. This is mentioned as having been done in the installation instructions, but if you didn't install the Pear modules from the contribution page, do this:

In the file:

/catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php

Modify line 62 from:

var $timeout = 4;

to

var $timeout = 120;

If you used the files that Brian supplied, check it anyway; I think that I had to change it myself.

--Glen

i am not sure my sandbox merchant account has been apporved. i didn't find where to do it in the control pannel.

To enroll, log into developer.paypal.com, then open your Sandbox merchant account. Click "Merchant Tools". Then click "Website Payments Pro" and find the "Submit application" link on the right side of the page. Complete the application, and your Sandbox account will be enabled for WPP immediately.

I have implemented WPP Direct Payments, etc instead of just collecting people's information and then processing their cards on the back end.

It appears that customer profiles created vs. customers ordering has dropped from 81% to 63% since implementation. This would mean that a rather large number of customers aren't successfully submitting their information through our website.

I have improved textual explanations and comments, but can't do much more to help my customers get it right and have a trouble free transaction.

Hence, I am reconsidering using WPP, not because it doesn't work, but because many of my customers are of a certain age which means they are not aware of the subtleties of providing the correct billing information and end up just giving up.

Is there a way to have WPP work only in the administration part of OsC so that I can charge them after they have submitted their information, so as to not lose the sale, and then if it doesn't work, we can initiate a call to them.

Rob - A solution to this problem is worth money to me.

PS I have cvv contrib added, so I have all that information on the back end with all the rest of the order information.

PPS noticed that when we use Paypal's Virtual Terminal, we are given the option to ship, as opposed to not having it with Direct Payments. Is there a way to just bring up the Virtual Terminal and have a sort of copy and paste function bring over the information? Or to have the Virtual Terminal open up with the information already in the fields (like USPS Labels contrib)?

To enroll, log into developer.paypal.com, then open your Sandbox merchant account. Click "Merchant Tools". Then click "Website Payments Pro" and find the "Submit application" link on the right side of the page. Complete the application, and your Sandbox account will be enabled for WPP immediately.

Thanks! i have done it.

and i've got cash by wpp. that's wonderful!

thanks again!

You probably need to increase the timeout for receiving a response from PayPal. This is mentioned as having been done in the installation instructions, but if you didn't install the Pear modules from the contribution page, do this:

In the file:

/catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php

Modify line 62 from:

var $timeout = 4;

to

var $timeout = 120;

If you used the files that Brian supplied, check it anyway; I think that I had to change it myself.

--Glen

That fixed it Thanks so much...

You are awesome.

devine952, thanks for the statistics. I have received emails from two others who have said the same thing, but the problem typically revolves around non-US customers.

The module submits information to Paypal nearly exactly as it's entered from the customer. There is some error checking to modify state abbreviations and make sure other values are in the correct form and if not, modify them.

This is not my first CC processing script (first for OSC) and typically the gateway's address checking algorithm leaves some room for mistypes in the billing address. Some just check the zip code and leave it at that. It seems like Paypal compares the entire address, and if it's not an exact letter for letter match, it's rejected.

I'm curious what the acceptance/rejection rates are for pbreit's and TMOWWDNS (the module of which we do not speak) are. If anyone has used the others, let me know.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I'm having trouble getting my WPP to process orders and I'm not really sure where to look first. Upon checkout, an email is sent to the customer, however no email is send to the store owner, nor is the card charged or funds disbursed to the paypal account.

the only error i am getting shows up in my server log:

/home/httpd/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/product_info.php' not found or unable to stat

which may or may not be relevant to this problem, as my entire site is set up in my httpsdocs folder.

any help is appreciated.

chris

I just installed this Mod. I am not a programmer, but I know how to cut and paste and how to try to follow directions. This is an awesome add-on, and I want to thank the author and all of the posters on this board for their contributions.

Knock on wood . . . it is working as intended for me. A few comments:

- While the PayPal terms of conditions require a bit of an awkward placement of the express checkout button, that is really not too big of an issue considering the cumbersome alternatives. You can slightly modify a few of the includes/languages/english files to make things a bit more intuitive or clear to your customers. Obviously don't go too far or you could cross the line with PayPal.

- Be sure to increase the timeout as has been suggested so many times on this forum.

- During live testing of EC, PayPal would charge my credit card (on file with PayPal) but I couldn't tell my order had been processed and there was an error message upon return to my site. It also would not show as an order in the admin control panel (that could post a real problem). However, once I checked "No" on the Verified Accounts and Confirmed Address in the admin panel, it seemed to work/flow OK. If there is a silver bullet fix to this problem which I missed, please let me know.

- Having now spent some quality time testing payments, does anybody know of a simple way to get the shipping charges to show up on the checkout_payment.php page? It should really show at the same time they put in their credit card.

Anyway, thanks again for this modification!

theide

Ok, the day has come. I'll be spending a couple of days fixing the remaining bugs and adding a few requested features.

TODO:

1. Add a workaround so that when Paypal sends back a blank response, it'll requery the server and check on the status of payment. (Not even sure if this is possible yet. I'll need to check the docs)

2. Find out why the shipping address gets erased and have it display on the payment page.

3. Fix the dubug coding (whoops).

4. Support alternate shipping addresses (Stew's gift address thingy)

5. Update the readme with an FAQ section (BIG maybe)

If there's anything I'm forgetting, let me know.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Ok, the day has come. I'll be spending a couple of days fixing the remaining bugs and adding a few requested features.

TODO:

1. Add a workaround so that when Paypal sends back a blank response, it'll requery the server and check on the status of payment. (Not even sure if this is possible yet. I'll need to check the docs)

2. Find out why the shipping address gets erased and have it display on the payment page.

Hi,

That are all great.

I have one more thing to suggest to add to this great contribution, and that is decreasing the number of pages for check out.

Since we are using this contribution we can't manipulate our check our process to decrease the number of clicks for placing and order, if you could add this to your contribution that will make your cuntribution the best.

Thanks again for all your support and effort.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Oh, I forgot that #2 was already covered by user mwillbrand. He sent me his fix for the shipping address issue, so that'll save me some time. Huzzah.

Hi,

That are all great.

I have one more thing to suggest to add to this great contribution, and that is decreasing the number of pages for check out.

Since we are using this contribution we can't manipulate our check our process to decrease the number of clicks

No, because all modules should be designed to fit into a virgin install. You can modify your checkout process, but you're right, it isn't easy.

I've shortened the checkout process on a site I just did: plainmodels.com Go through that (don't buy anything, the site's not really live yet, but the module is), and if there's interest, I'll see about making it a (separate) contribution.

TODO:

Brain the contribution is great, but there are some issues working with DP and contributions that provide discounts. Is there a possible work around for example with the points and rewards system? passing the wrong total. Any help is appreciated.

No, because all modules should be designed to fit into a virgin install. You can modify your checkout process, but you're right, it isn't easy.

I've shortened the checkout process on a site I just did: plainmodels.com Go through that (don't buy anything, the site's not really live yet, but the module is), and if there's interest, I'll see about making it a (separate) contribution.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I think that is great; specially the feature that you can save the info for next visit.

I you could make a contribution like that that works with your WPP, that would be awesome.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Brain the contribution is great, but there are some issues working with DP and contributions that provide discounts. Is there a possible work around for example with the points and rewards system? passing the wrong total. Any help is appreciated.

Try the fix mentioned here (the checkout_process.php modifications):

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=260&p=736535

I'll probably add those to this contribution since I already modify that file.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Try the fix mentioned here (the checkout_process.php modifications):

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=260&p=736535

I'll probably add those to this contribution since I already modify that file.

I've tried the fix posted, instead of processing the wrong order amount to my paypal account, it produces a error stating the purchase totals are different. I'm not sure where in the process DP sends the total to paypal. EC works fine, the problem is only in DP. Any ideas on where I should begin?

Thanks

Oh, I forgot that #2 was already covered by user mwillbrand. He sent me his fix for the shipping address issue, so that'll save me some time. Huzzah

Hi.

can you please pm me this fix if it is at all possible . I can use it right away. THanks,

UBM

Edited by Urbluffingme