• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Thanks djmonkey1!

I did a search and nothing returned on this error, just assumed it was a new one. >_<

I believe I resolved my problem with the hints provided on page 11... Since some of my international orders where processing, I reviewed the state listing for the orders erroring out. One order for example was from Austrailia, with NSW (New South Wales) as the state. Nothing existed in my zone table to resolve this abbreviation. I installed this new zone list into my SQL file and had the customer process the order again. Problem solved.....

Thanks for the assistance, hope this helps others.

Todd

Wondering.... Is it possible to not require a state for international order with this module, any way to bypass this requirement?

hey guys, I need a bit of help with osCommerce when using the paypal module. not sure if it makes a difference but with PayPal I have the website payments pro and I'm going through westhost as my provider.

my first and most major problem is that I keep getting this on the payment screen:

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_IMAGE_DESCRIPTION

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_FIRSTNAME

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_LASTNAME

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES

how can I change it to say what it should ? as in first name, etc

and the 2nd problem thats somewhat minor is that everytime someone makes a purchase the only message I get is from paypal that funds have been received. so I need to log into osCommerce to see what the pending orders are

thanks in advance

Armand

First problem: you're missing the language definition file catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php

Second problem: that's how it works. There isn't any useful order data stored in your PayPal account; it's all in your osC admin.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

First problem: you're missing the language definition file catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php

Second problem: that's how it works. There isn't any useful order data stored in your PayPal account; it's all in your osC admin.

thank you DJ I guess when westhost installed osCommerce they forgot that file ? *shrugs*

do you know where I can get the file and install it myself ? I looked under contributions and under bugs

but can not find it. only file with that name that I found goes under /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php but not in

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php

thank you DJ I guess when westhost installed osCommerce they forgot that file ? *shrugs*

do you know where I can get the file and install it myself ? I looked under contributions and under bugs

but can not find it. only file with that name that I found goes under /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php but not in

It's included with the contribution: PayPal WPP

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

It's included with the contribution: PayPal WPP

I have gone ahead and downloaded the file again and pulled the paypal_wpp.php from it however it hasnt chagned anything. also in osCommerce under Payment Modules it says: MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_TEXT_TITLE

not sure if thats part of the reason as to why it wont let it go through or not. any suggestions ?

I have gone ahead and downloaded the file again and pulled the paypal_wpp.php from it however it hasnt chagned anything. also in osCommerce under Payment Modules it says: MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_TEXT_TITLE

not sure if thats part of the reason as to why it wont let it go through or not. any suggestions ?

If you have uploaded the language definition file to your site I don't know what else to tell you. Try uploading it again.

Make sure your file catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php includes the following code at around line 964:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/payment/' . FILENAME_PAYPAL_WPP);

Edited by djmonkey1

If you have uploaded the language definition file to your site I don't know what else to tell you. Try uploading it again.

Make sure your file catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php includes the following code at around line 964:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/payment/' . FILENAME_PAYPAL_WPP);

ok I'm starting to think this is perhaps the wrong file ? this file doesnt even have 964 lines. this is the exact file under catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:

<?php
/*
 $Id: ipayment.php,v 1.4 2002/11/01 05:35:33 Brian Burton [email protected] Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_TITLE', 'PayPal Direct Payment & Express Checkout');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'Credit Card Test Info:<br><br>CC#: 4111111111111111<br>Expiry: Any');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_ERROR_HEADING', 'We\'re sorry, but we were unable to process your credit card.');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_ERROR_MESSAGE', 'The credit card information you entered contains an error.  Please check it and try again.');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_FIRSTNAME', 'First Name on Credit Card:');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_LASTNAME', 'Last Name on Credit Card:');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_TYPE', 'Credit Card Type:');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER', 'Credit Card Number:');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES', 'Credit Card Expiry Date:');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CHECKNUMBER', 'Credit Card Checknumber:');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CHECKNUMBER_LOCATION', '(located at the back of the credit card)');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_DECLINED', 'Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_INVALID_RESPONSE', 'PayPal returned invalid or incomplete data to complete your order.  Please try again or select an alternate payment method.');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_ERROR', 'An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.  Please try again, or if you continue to have problems, please choose another form of payment.  Thanks!');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_TEXT_UNVERIFIED', 'To maintain a high level of security, customers using Express Checkout must be verified PayPal customers.  Please either verify your account at PayPal or choose another means of payment.');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_BAD_LOGIN', 'There was a problem validating your account.  Please try again.');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_JS_CC_OWNER', '* The owner\'s name of the credit card must be at least ' . CC_OWNER_MIN_LENGTH . ' characters.\n');
 define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_JS_CC_NUMBER', '* The credit card number must be at least ' . CC_NUMBER_MIN_LENGTH . ' characters.\n');
?>

I'm having the same problem with EC that a few of you had a while back.

On the login.php page, I click on the EC image, go through the process, get put onto the checkout_shipping.php with the following error (that many of you have seen before...)

An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

()

No paypal transaction goes through. I have read in earlier posts that sometimes the transaction goes though. Not in my case though.

I've checked my API account username and password, the location of the API cert.

I'm using the paypal sandbox if this makes a difference. I have generated a completely different account, removed the wpp module, generated a new cert, put in a new username and password, and same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Has anyone used Second Address Line with this module?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1855

I'm having the same problem with EC that a few of you had a while back.

On the login.php page, I click on the EC image, go through the process, get put onto the checkout_shipping.php with the following error (that many of you have seen before...)

An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

()

No paypal transaction goes through. I have read in earlier posts that sometimes the transaction goes though. Not in my case though.

I've checked my API account username and password, the location of the API cert.

I'm using the paypal sandbox if this makes a difference. I have generated a completely different account, removed the wpp module, generated a new cert, put in a new username and password, and same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I had this problem and began to suspect that it was sending my test data to the live server despite my setting in the module to use the sandbox. In the file includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php, I found this code;

if(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_SERVER == 'live') {
	  $paypal_url = 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';
	} else {
	  $paypal_url = 'https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';
	}

and changed it to read

//		  $paypal_url = 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';
	} else {
	}

so that no matter what is chosen in the module settings, it will only send to the sandbox. It worked for me and I was able to test provided I was logged into the sandbox first.

So, my suspicion is that the data is actually being sent to the live server regardless of the setting in the module but I've not been able to confirm it other than from this code change. I've tried searching the trail back through many pages and functions but cannot find where the var MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_SERVER is set from the configuration page nor can I find where that value is stored in the database. It would be my guess that it's not set as 'live'?

Anyone?

Edited by perryridge

I had this problem and began to suspect that it was sending my test data to the live server despite my setting in the module to use the sandbox. In the file includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php, I found this code;

$paypal_url = 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';
	} else {
	}

and changed it to read

//		  $paypal_url = 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';
	} else {
	}

so that no matter what is chosen in the module settings, it will only send to the sandbox. It worked for me and I was able to test provided I was logged into the sandbox first.

So, my suspicion is that the data is actually being sent to the live server regardless of the setting in the module but I've not been able to confirm it other than from this code change. I've tried searching the trail back through many pages and functions but cannot find where the var MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_SERVER is set from the configuration page nor can I find where that value is stored in the database. It would be my guess that it's not set as 'live'?

Anyone?

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

You can check what this server value is set to in your database by running the following sql command:

SELECT *

FROM `configuration`

WHERE `configuration_key` = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_SERVER'

The contribution will write the configurations settings on line 980 of paypal_wpp.php.

Hope this helps.

Has anyone used Second Address Line with this module?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1855

I use it and it seems to work great.

I don't know if the second line is passed to PayPal but orders go through and all the info is inserted in my db for EC and DP orders; including the second address line. (Still no address sent to PayPal for DP orders but this has been discussed in other posts).

I ship based on shipping address provided at the site via osCommerce, not PayPal - I don't require the billing and shipping address to match.

When time permits I'll check a little further into the second address line being passed to PayPal for EC orders.

Right now I am busy moving to a new host.

BFC

Im still seeking help for a problem that ive had with this contribution.

heres the issue:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=728375

From what I have gathered its due to something calling tep_output_string with a null argument. In checkout_confirmation.php, it seems to lose the contents of $order->delivery and $order->billing.

This is Brians input on this:

When you do an EC checkout, $order->billing gets erased somewhere and I have yet to figure out where. I instituted a "fix" where it's just supposed to display "Paypal Express Checkout" under billing information. Check and make sure you copied all the changes from my copy of checkout_confirmation.php to yours.

I have done so, everything looks fine with the install.

Any help would be appreciated as Brian hasnt been around and I would really love to get this problem solved.....this is the main problem holding me back from going live again. Thanks in advance for any help. B)

In addition to the above I need to note.....

I only get the error under the 'delivery address' section(unlike the screenshot I linked to).

'PayPal Express Checkout' IS displayed under the other places on the 'checkout_confirmation.php' page(Billing Address, Payment Method and Payment Information).

Thanks again for any input!

OK, here's an easy one.

On the Checkout/Payment page, there now appears a graphic showing the four credit card logos. I would like to edit that image, to change its background color--so it looks better on the page.

Any idea how best to do that?

Thanks.

Mike in Key West

great....

I had been using only UPS for shipping, which worked fine when using EC. I turned USPS back on and im now getting the following error from USPS when using EC:

-2147219080 - Missing value for Country.

im bummin, seems theres no end to my paypal problems:(

another (HUGE)problem I noticed. When a customer logs in after they have used paypal EC before and want to make a new order, they are not given the option as to what payment method they want....automatically given paypal EC and they bypass the payment screen.

So if a returning customer whats to use a regular credit card, they cant. On all my test accounts I cant get the payment screen to come up at all.

Thanks for a great contribution and thanks to everyone for keeping this support thread active. By using your advice I was able to get everything up and running in about two days. Thanks again.

I noticed a strange little problem:

1. I log into my site as "Bob" and make a successful EC purchase.

2. I log out as "Bob".

3. I open a new browser and log in as "Fred".

4. When "Fred" tries to make a new EC purchase, "Bob's" email is prepopulated into the PayPal page that pops up.

Other than fixing my error log problem (as described in this forum) I have not modified the distributed files in any way.

Thanks.

-Mike

Does anyone know why the address verification needs to be turned off in order to get past the 10417 error? I've double-checked everything and as far as I can see the addresses are exactly the same. Is this a bug with the contribution or a PayPal problem?

-Mike

For some reason this keeps getting appended to my previous post. Weird.

Edited by mhogan

I noticed a strange little problem:

2. I log out as "Bob".

4. When "Fred" tries to make a new EC purchase, "Bob's" email is prepopulated into the PayPal page that pops up.

That's a PayPal thing. They set a cookie called "login_email" that holds the email address of the last logged in user to prepopulate the ID field. If you clear cookies, or at least that one, you should get a blank ID field when you get to the PayPal login page.

--Glen

Checked through the past posts and didn't see an answer to this question. The odd thing is that everything appears to work when using a credit card except that I get an error saying:

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

()

Odd thing is... the credit card payment is actually processed! If I log in to PayPal it was successfully used and the funds are in my account.

Any ideas??

:blink:

Checked through the past posts and didn't see an answer to this question. The odd thing is that everything appears to work when using a credit card except that I get an error saying:

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

()

Odd thing is... the credit card payment is actually processed! If I log in to PayPal it was successfully used and the funds are in my account.

Any ideas??

I wish I had a solution for you, but I'm still having the same problem, except mine will never transfer funds. I have tried it now with both sandbox accounts and live paypal accounts. Same issue.

Any suggestions?

2. I log out as "Bob".

That's your browser, not the module. If you're using IE, turn off "Automatic Completion" In Firefox, turn off "Saved Form Information".

Does anyone know why the address verification needs to be turned off in order to get past the 10417 error? I've double-checked everything and as far as I can see the addresses are exactly the same. Is this a bug with the contribution or a PayPal problem?

Is this happening in a live environment or in the sandbox? This is a PayPal problem as the information submitted is the same whether AVC is on or off, paypal's server is simply rejecting the information.

Any ideas??

I've discovered what the problem is. Paypal occasionally sends back a blank response which causes the module to think an error occurred (because there is no 'success' response) while charging the card. I haven't decided yet how to approach this. If they send back a blank response and I just have the module say the order is complete, there are chances that you'll get orders that haven't been paid for. If I leave it as it is, customers are getting charged for incomplete orders. Thanks Paypal!

Sid04, I've added your reports to my bug list. I'll take a look at them as soon as I can.

I wish I had a solution for you, but I'm still having the same problem, except mine will never transfer funds. I have tried it now with both sandbox accounts and live paypal accounts. Same issue.

Up the timeout variable as discussed in previous posts and make sure that your host doesn't require all curl connections to go through a proxy.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I am attempting to install the WPP mod in a site that has Multi Vendor Shipping (MVS 09.RC5) installed and running.

I've merged all of the WPP changes in all the files except catalog/checkout_shipping.php. All of the merges look as though there are no conflicts so far.

When I get to catalog/checkout_shipping.php things aren't so simple. There are several places where the MVS version and the WPP version blend together, and it is WAY beyond my PHP skills to merge the two sets of code correctly.

Is there anyone who has successfully ran the two contributions together, and would be willing to share their checkout_shipping.php file with me?

Barring that, is there anyone who might be willing to help a newbie get that file merged correctly so I can get the two contributions working together?

Thanks,

Sam