• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

UPDATE 11-18-2005

I went and got a completely new certificate and installed today. I changed the cert_key_pem.txt file to cert_key.pem. I am getting the same results. What is strange is that I am not generating any error logs so I don't even know if I am accessing PayPal's server or what. If anyone has an idea where to go next, I'd appreciate the help.

UPDATE 11-18-2005 (Waiting for Brian to wake up!)

I have tried all the fixes from this forum, PayPal, and others to no avail. But I feel it's on the edge of working.

PLEASE help me with answers to the following questions to help me troubleshoot the problem...

When I test, it seems as if the function is timing out and giving me the error.

Is this true?

What step in the transaction process am I getting hung on?

Could it be a setup problem with the variables plugged in to admin?

Here are the settings in question...

API Certificate

C:/Inetpub/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/tsl_store/catalog/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/cert_key.pem

Pear Modules

C:/Inetpub/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/tsl_store/catalog/pear/

I have all of the Express Checkout functions set to off.

I am a newbie, I mean NEWBIE and any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is a total hack, but at least I located the $vars responsible (I've only been using OSC for a few days so it took awhile). This will only help if you have no items that require shipping such as me since I'm just sub'ing the billing info for shipping...

---config_wpp.inc.php (line 120)---

Uhm, I don't have a config_wpp.inc.php file in my contribution. I think you might be using pbreit's contribution. His thread can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=178712

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

UPDATE 11-18-2005 (Waiting for Brian to wake up!)

I have tried all the fixes from this forum, PayPal, and others to no avail. But I feel it's on the edge of working.

PLEASE help me with answers to the following questions to help me troubleshoot the problem...

When I test, it seems as if the function is timing out and giving me the error.

Is this true?

What step in the transaction process am I getting hung on?

Could it be a setup problem with the variables plugged in to admin?

Here are the settings in question...

API Certificate

C:/Inetpub/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/tsl_store/catalog/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/cert_key.pem

Pear Modules

C:/Inetpub/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/tsl_store/catalog/pear/

I have all of the Express Checkout functions set to off.

I am a newbie, I mean NEWBIE and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you up the timeout variable in /catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php?

Also, if you're using FTP, reupload your certificate in ASCII mode (turn off auto mode). It may make a difference.

Honestly, I haven't tested this on IIS and don't know how the pear modules and script behave in a Windows enviroment. Hopefully well, but Windows, IE, and IIS have been giving me one big migraine lately.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Did you up the timeout variable in /catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php?

Also, if you're using FTP, reupload your certificate in ASCII mode (turn off auto mode). It may make a difference.

Honestly, I haven't tested this on IIS and don't know how the pear modules and script behave in a Windows enviroment. Hopefully well, but Windows, IE, and IIS have been giving me one big migraine lately.

Timeout variable is set to 300

I reuploaded the cert using ASCII

I found a error in my PHP error log...

[19-Nov-2005 06:07:14] PHP Warning: fopen(/tmp/20051119.PayPal.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\mysite.com\httpsdocs\tsl_store\catalog\pear\Log\file.php on line 202

line 202 is...

/* Obtain a handle to the log file. */

$this->_fp = fopen($this->_filename, ($this->_append) ? 'a' : 'w');

Is this where my problem is at?

Thanks dynamoeffects for the response!

Timeout variable is set to 300

I reuploaded the cert using ASCII

I found a error in my PHP error log...

[19-Nov-2005 06:07:14] PHP Warning: fopen(/tmp/20051119.PayPal.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\mysite.com\httpsdocs\tsl_store\catalog\pear\Log\file.php on line 202

line 202 is...

/* Obtain a handle to the log file. */

$this->_fp = fopen($this->_filename, ($this->_append) ? 'a' : 'w');

Is this where my problem is at?

Thanks dynamoeffects for the response!

UPDATE 11-19-2005

I finally got some error logs generated and am getting a direction to follow. I am getting a "curl_exec error 7" while doing a live API call. I think it has to do with being on a shared server. Any way I am working with my hosting company to try and figure that out. They are relunctant to give me an answer about being on a shared server or not and to give me the proxy settings. They are responding and I am sending them to the great informative posts that are on this thread. If anyone else has set this up on a IIS server, I would be gratefull any help! Cheers.

UPDATE 11-19-2005

I finally got some error logs generated and am getting a direction to follow. I am getting a "curl_exec error 7" while doing a live API call. I think it has to do with being on a shared server. Any way I am working with my hosting company to try and figure that out. They are relunctant to give me an answer about being on a shared server or not and to give me the proxy settings. They are responding and I am sending them to the great informative posts that are on this thread. If anyone else has set this up on a IIS server, I would be gratefull any help! Cheers.

this is interseting issue that I was thinking about during the install of the module.

In the API instructions there are some pear installs and in my case one upgrade for OS X Tiger server. In anycase these will need root access to the server. This may lead to issues for those that dont have root access as in shared servers. This is just in case you had not down loaded the API from Paypal.

FYI if your ISP gives you root access for any reason change you ISP. I had one that did that and that is why we run our own server now in house.

I keep running into this error when someone tried to do the "checkout without paypal" button and I am not sure why. Everything is set up correctly. Please help

Warning: paypal_init(Services/PayPal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wheeltr/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 273

Fatal error: paypal_init(): Failed opening required 'Services/PayPal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wheeltr/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 273

I got exactly the same thing. I just copied all the files from PayPal_PHP_Windows_SDK_v3_0 to

<My Store Root>/public_html/pear/Services/

in exactly the structure the module requires and have set the pear path correctly when install the module. The "PayPal.php" is there and the permission to each folder and file in the pear path are properly set.

Any help is greatly apprieciated!

this is interseting issue that I was thinking about during the install of the module.

In the API instructions there are some pear installs and in my case one upgrade for OS X Tiger server. In anycase these will need root access to the server. This may lead to issues for those that dont have root access as in shared servers. This is just in case you had not down loaded the API from Paypal.

FYI if your ISP gives you root access for any reason change you ISP. I had one that did that and that is why we run our own server now in house.

Came to find out I was not on a shared server, I removed all code I had previously installed for that fix.

I finally got the module up and running. Here is what I did...

I did have root access and I found that installing PayPal's pear folders per their installation instructions in my existing cgi bin (I could not create a new folder, no permissions?) in the root got my module working. PayPal highly reccomends this option.

I changed php.ini to point to the newly installed pear folder.

I set the timeout in the paypal-sdk.php to 299, for some reason it did not like the 300 setting.

I installed the API cert, as downloaded from PayPal (without modifications) inside the newly installed pear folder.

The module works as advertised now, what a great contribution once setup properly!

Thanks to all for you help. If anyone needs help from my experience with this setup let me know.

Came to find out I was not on a shared server

Does this contribution work only for dedicated server, not a shared server, becasue the need to install Paypal SDK at root?

Does this contribution work only for dedicated server, not a shared server, becasue the need to install Paypal SDK at root?

No, I'm using this contribution on my store which is hosted on a shared server with no problem, and everything is working just fine.

Regards,

No, I'm using this contribution on my store which is hosted on a shared server with no problem, and everything is working just fine.

Thanks for your reply. Could you let me know how do you install the Paypal SDK (PEAR) on your shared server? I simply copied all the files from PayPal_PHP_Windows_SDK_v3_0 to

Did I do anything wrong?

Thanks for your reply. Could you let me know how do you install the Paypal SDK (PEAR) on your shared server? I simply copied all the files from PayPal_PHP_Windows_SDK_v3_0 to

Did I do anything wrong?

My shop is located in "/public_html/shop/" directory, therfore my Pear is installed in "/public_html/shop/pear/".

Regards,

My shop is located in "/public_html/shop/" directory, therfore my Pear is installed in "/public_html/shop/pear/".

My shop is located in "/public_html/" directory, and my Pear is loacted in "/public_html/pear/". When you say install, is this just simply copying files to that location, or is there any setup required?

My shop is located in "/public_html/" directory, and my Pear is loacted in "/public_html/pear/". When you say install, is this just simply copying files to that location, or is there any setup required?

About the "install" I just mean "copying files".

Have you contacted your Host technical support to add a code in your htaccess file for your pear ?

When I first copied all the files to my server, I had a problem, and the pear wasn't working properly. I was getting an error like pear.php (or may be another file like that, which I really don't remember right now) cannot be found. After I contacted my server technical support, they made a small change in the .htaccess file and addressed the pear. That removed my error message and everything worked fine since then.

Regards,

Thank you for your information. Perhaps I downloaded the wrong package. Now the error is about the missing file HTTP/Request.php. But I cannot find the file in the expanded package. According to Brian, this file, including Net_URL, Net_Socket, etc, need to be installed, but I cannot find these files.

I uploaded the PEAR downloaded from Brian's contribution and now all files are complete.

But I have a problem in the checkout process. We sell download products only and no shipping is involved. When I submit an order using my credit card, I got a "declined" error message and was asked to use another credit card. I did not get the download link but my creadit card was acturally charged by the amount that I submitted.

Then, I modified the paypal_wpp.php. Instead of using the one from: payer_info->getAddress(), I supply the shiping address by using the customer's registered address (we require every customer to use the billing address in registration):

$paypal_ec_payer_info = array(

'ship_street_1' => $order->customer['street_address'],

'ship_street_2' => $order->customer['suburb'],

I got the same result. I logged into my paypal account, there is no information about customer's shipping address, phone, email, which I supplied all using the data from $order->customer.

Strange enough, if the process of my credit card was declined, how can I get charged and I can see the payment from my PayPal account.

Thanks for any help.

James

Came to find out I was not on a shared server, I removed all code I had previously installed for that fix.

I finally got the module up and running. Here is what I did...

I did have root access and I found that installing PayPal's pear folders per their installation instructions in my existing cgi bin (I could not create a new folder, no permissions?) in the root got my module working. PayPal highly reccomends this option.

I changed php.ini to point to the newly installed pear folder.

I set the timeout in the paypal-sdk.php to 299, for some reason it did not like the 300 setting.

I installed the API cert, as downloaded from PayPal (without modifications) inside the newly installed pear folder.

The module works as advertised now, what a great contribution once setup properly!

Thanks to all for you help. If anyone needs help from my experience with this setup let me know.

what were the directory permissions? can you elaborate on "changed php.ini"

This is a wonderful contribution. Thank you very much Brian.

Is their anyway to turn off WPP Direct Payments and just leave Express Checkout turned on? I am using Moneris for the credit card transfers and I would I also like to implement the Pay Pal express checkout. I read through the support forum and through the code, but I am not sure what parts of the code need to be modified or removed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cudos for a great module....

Have been using WPP for about a week now, all seems to be working fine with one exception which I need to get resolved.

Internationl orders (not all) are being bounced with the following error

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_STATE_ERROR

I assume this is because of some sort of State requirement in the module? Any suggestion on how to reslove this?

Thanks!

Todd

Cudos for a great module....

Have been using WPP for about a week now, all seems to be working fine with one exception which I need to get resolved.

Internationl orders (not all) are being bounced with the following error

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_STATE_ERROR

I assume this is because of some sort of State requirement in the module? Any suggestion on how to reslove this?

Thanks!

Todd

There was a discussion of this earlier in the thread (look on page 11). It has something to do with PayPal being US-centric.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

There was a discussion of this earlier in the thread (look on page 11). It has something to do with PayPal being US-centric.

I am interested in this as well. Paypal is supposed to process in USD that was the requirement from them as I read it.

The company acceptng paypal wpp is supposed to be able to only transfer funds to a US bank account.

That is fine. We just make sure the amount is sent to Paypal in USD. There is nothting saying we will automatically decline non US Credit Cards only that we be US based company / that seems to mean a US Bank account.

hey guys, I need a bit of help with osCommerce when using the paypal module. not sure if it makes a difference but with PayPal I have the website payments pro and I'm going through westhost as my provider.

my first and most major problem is that I keep getting this on the payment screen:

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_IMAGE_DESCRIPTION

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_FIRSTNAME

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_LASTNAME

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES

how can I change it to say what it should ? as in first name, etc

and the 2nd problem thats somewhat minor is that everytime someone makes a purchase the only message I get is from paypal that funds have been received. so I need to log into osCommerce to see what the pending orders are

thanks in advance

Armand