• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Don't know what's happening in your case, Ken. PayPal doesn't return any other info with that error.

Is your real paypal account verified? Do as I said above and delete the bank account unverifying it, then test it. Reverify it after you're done, of course.

This is an error on PayPal's side and not sure what to tell you. While trying to debug that error before, I got a new username with api2 in the username as well as a new certificate. While it didn't immediately solve my problems, the certifcates might be a little different.

Speaking of, are you trying to use a sandbox username/password/certificate to process a live transaction?

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Yes, my real paypal bank account is verified. The problem is even if I use my credit card (inside paypal) and it doesn't work as well. I can also try to download a new certificate and see.

I do everything in a live environment. I am keeping my fingers cross to have it all work out, though I am not sure how to debug this. Paypal asked me for the SOAP log of requests and responses - Do you think this can solve the problem (even if I provide them with the log)?

Many thanks!

Warning: paypal_init(Services/PayPal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nflhardh/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 262

Fatal error: paypal_init(): Failed opening required 'Services/PayPal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nflhardh/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 262

Is it the API username that could be causing this problem? Can someone give me an example of what the API username looks like?

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

This was an AWESOME contribution!! I flubbed up the install the first time, not sure what I did but lots of things weren't working. Second try went extremely smooth and quick, and I was able to process a credit card with no problem whatsoever (confirmed it already, got the email notification from paypal, the whole thing)!! Haven't tried processing through paypal, I only have one account at the moment and I can't pay myself...

Anyways, I've barely done anything to the site, but it's "live" and there is a test product in the "New in October" for $.01 if anyone wants to peek.

www.pcs-webservices.com

I'll refund your penny through paypal if you like, just put a note in the box when you check out.

Kudos Brian!

Nicole

Mine was based on my email address, so if your email address is [email protected], the api would look like "admin_api1.hotmail.com". At least that's how mine was - Hope that helps.

I flubbed my api user name the first time too (I put @ instead of .), but that wasn't all I flubbed. I ditched it and started over. 2nd intall went smooth as silk. Both were the 2nd version posted yesterday.

Nicole

This was an AWESOME contribution!! I flubbed up the install the first time, not sure what I did but lots of things weren't working. Second try went extremely smooth and quick, and I was able to process a credit card with no problem whatsoever (confirmed it already, got the email notification from paypal, the whole thing)!! Haven't tried processing through paypal, I only have one account at the moment and I can't pay myself...

Anyways, I've barely done anything to the site, but it's "live" and there is a test product in the "New in October" for $.01 if anyone wants to peek.

www.pcs-webservices.com

I'll refund your penny through paypal if you like, just put a note in the box when you check out.

Kudos Brian!

Nicole

Mine was based on my email address, so if your email address is [email protected], the api would look like "admin_api1.hotmail.com". At least that's how mine was - Hope that helps.

I flubbed my api user name the first time too (I put @ instead of .), but that wasn't all I flubbed. I ditched it and started over. 2nd intall went smooth as silk. Both were the 2nd version posted yesterday.

Nicole

Thanks guys, I'm off to figure out this Pear module business. You are all awesome!

You either didn't install the pear modules or didn't set the path in the module's admin settings.

OK, I'm a step further but now I get this when the express button is clicked?

An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

()

Sorry, I'm a real newbie here.

OK, I'm a step further but now I get this when the express button is clicked?

An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

()

Sorry, I'm a real newbie here.

This was a problem that I had encountered earlier. Did you install your API certificate in /catalog/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/? Go to your PayPal profile page and find "API Access" in the left column. If you haven't already done so, "Request API Certificate", then download the file; it will be called cert_key_pem.txt. If you already requested a certificate, you can download it again. Upload it to the above directory on your server, then put the file name in the WPP payment module preferences.

0.2 must be mighty stable because I haven't gotten a single bug report, (excuse me while I toot on the ol' horn). I'm still going to release one more version to wipe out the common problems everyone seems to have run into.

It's going to:

1) Check for your pear modules and give you a big fat error if they don't exist (in the admin section)

2) It'll check for a file in your wpp_cert directory and give you a big fat error if it doesn't exist (in the admin section. I like big fat errors)

C) When it doesn't connect to PayPal's servers, it'll put out a more descriptive error. But if the first two errors do their job, and the user installs the pear modules and certificate correctly, it'll start connecting to PayPal's servers and reporting descriptive errors anyway.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

If you uploaded the .htaccess file I included in the wpp_cert directory, your cert is in no danger there.

Oh, I just thought of something. If you have indexes turned on, it'll show an index of the files in that directory, but a remote user still wouldn't be able to download the file. I'll add that to the .htaccess file in 0.3.

BTW, thanks for the kind words, Nicole. :D

overwriting the users existing .htaccess file may not be a great idea. I know ill have to merge it with mine....meaning ill have to ready up on apache cause im no wiz with it and dont want other things on my store to stop functioning. At least I remember that my htaccess is modified...other users may not be so lucky

overwriting the users existing .htaccess file may not be a great idea. I know ill have to merge it with mine....meaning ill have to ready up on apache cause im no wiz with it and dont want other things on my store to stop functioning. At least I remember that my htaccess is modified...other users may not be so lucky

That isn't the case... Each directory can have its own .htaccess file, and the permissions are inherited from any .htaccess files in parent directories. This is a case of a new directory with a new .htaccess file, so this one only applies to the wpp_cert directory. The new file blocks all access via apache to this folder only.

--Glen

Well, I personally don't like big fat errors all that much...

I've installed this little biddy and I'm testing it out but EC is giving me a problem. After going through the whole routine I get dumped back to checkout_shipping.php where I see this, in pink no less;

An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

()

When trying to pay with a credit card I get:

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

The transaction was refused. (10752)

also in pink, as if just seeing the error wasn't bad enough.

I've checked my API accunt username and password, the location of the API Cert, everything looks ok. Also I slaughtered a goat in sacrifice to the PayPal God. Hopefully (s)he likes it.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I've installed this little biddy and I'm testing it out but EC is giving me a problem. After going through the whole routine I get dumped back to checkout_shipping.php where I see this, in pink no less;

CODE
An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

()

It looks like when this happened, the payment was processed by PayPal but not by the website- the transaction shows up in the two PayPal accounts but the order is not displayed in admin.

After trying Express Checkout again it worked ok, but credit cards are still being declined.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Idiot Check-

HTTP.php timeout is set at 120.

The error coming back with credit cards is a little different now:

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.
The transaction was refused. (10544)

Sorry about all the posts, but information continues to trickle in....

Tried a different card and got this:

The credit card information you entered contains an error. Please check it and try again.

The expiry date entered for the credit card is invalid.
Please check the date and try again.

I tried it a few times and got the same thing. Either all my cards are no good or something is up.

Is there an error log for this somewhere?

Edited by djmonkey1

That isn't the case... Each directory can have its own .htaccess file, and the permissions are inherited from any .htaccess files in parent directories. This is a case of a new directory with a new .htaccess file, so this one only applies to the wpp_cert directory. The new file blocks all access via apache to this folder only.

--Glen

gotcha, didnt realize the htaccess file was for a new folder. :thumbsup:

Well, Brian, I think I found those bugs you were talking about.

If a user clicks on the "checkout with PayPal logo" on the checkout_shipping page, then changes their mind and hits the back button to go back to checkout_shipping, when they then move on to checkout_payment.php the following error is displayed at the top of the page:

The credit card information you entered contains an error. Please check it and try again.

The first four digits of the number entered are:

If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.

If it is wrong, please try again.

Refreshing the page causes the error to go away but the page is basically blank. I would say this is a pretty big bug, as it means erroneous payment information is being passed from checkout_shipping.php to checkout_payment.php.

The only way for the payment flow to work at this point would be if the user closed out his/her browser and started over (read as: lost sale).

Also, the option to use PayPal disappears from checkout_shipping if they do this. I would think that it would still be available.

Additionally, the option to pay using PayPal Express on the checkout_payment page is not available. You could say this is ok since they've already opted to not use PayPal, but it seems like it should be there.

I agree that it should say something other than PayPal Direct and Express Payment over the credit card box on checkout_payment. Brian, you wrote the code so cleanly it's hard to muck it up! The user should be able to change that, what it says in admin, etc, and have different options along the way. In admin I'd like to be able to differentiate between customers who paid with a credit card and those who paid with PayPal.

Well, Brian, I think I found those bugs you were talking about.

If a user clicks on the "checkout with PayPal logo" on the checkout_shipping page, then changes their mind and hits the back button to go back to checkout_shipping, when they then move on to checkout_payment.php the following error is displayed at the top of the page:

<snip>

Refreshing the page causes the error to go away but the page is basically blank. I would say this is a pretty big bug, as it means erroneous payment information is being passed from checkout_shipping.php to checkout_payment.php.

The only way for the payment flow to work at this point would be if the user closed out his/her browser and started over (read as: lost sale).

Also, the option to use PayPal disappears from checkout_shipping if they do this. I would think that it would still be available.

Page refreshes and the Back button can introduce all sorts of instability in the checkout flow, if you don't code to expect it. That appears to be one place that needs some work. Expect the user to be able to back up to change his mind.

Additionally, the option to pay using PayPal Express on the checkout_payment page is not available. You could say this is ok since they've already opted to not use PayPal, but it seems like it should be there.

Brian mentioned that he would address this in version 0.3. I have worked around it for the time being by installing the OSC PayPal IPN module to handle PayPal at checkout_payment time. A better solution would be a stub payment module that calls EC in the background. This is probably the best method, as it gives a separate radio button to the PayPal selection, and PayPal doesn't require an EC button when offering PayPal as a payment option with other payment methods. For that matter, could be a standalone module; there doesn't appear to be any business rule against using the EC API by itself; just that if you use Direct Payment, you must also offer EC at the beginning of your checkout flow.

Look at my store at http://www.glensgarage.com to see how I implemented it.

I agree that it should say something other than PayPal Direct and Express Payment over the credit card box on checkout_payment. Brian, you wrote the code so cleanly it's hard to muck it up! The user should be able to change that, what it says in admin, etc, and have different options along the way. In admin I'd like to be able to differentiate between customers who paid with a credit card and those who paid with PayPal.

Part of the problem is that the osCommerce payment module architecture uses the same data item to display the module name in admin and to the customer. Also, it doesn't provide for one module to perform multiple functions, so if you change the title to read "Express Checkout", checkout_payment shows the wrong thing when you want to accept a credit card, and vice versa if you set it to "Credit Card". I posted a workable solution for customer display somewhere in this topic, but the title in Admin is still wrong. This is something that should be addressed in Admin; perhaps it should use the CodeTitle parameter to display the module name, instead of Title.

Maybe it should be separated into two modules. It would be more flexible, so if someone wants to say "Screw PayPal" and use Direct Payment but not Express Checkout then they can do that. Vice versa too- maybe the credit card side of things isn't working, you can disable that but still offer Express Checkout.

Did you already have an existing directory called "wpp_cert" in your payment modules directory? If not, you won't be overwriting anything. The .htaccess file I included is inside that directory and won't affect anything outside it. It simply denies access to all files in that directory.

Definitely don't merge THAT .htacces file with a "deny all" line to your root directory's .htaccess file.

It's on the TODO to allow the user to store the cert under the public html directory.

Edit: Whoops, Glen beat me by a longshot.

Edited by dynamoeffects

I merged everything into one module for simplicity. Since this module has been created with the sole purpose to be 100% compliant, it wasn't designed with the idea that there will be options to make it uncompliant. Does that make sense?

I'm going to try and replicate that bug, but the back button has been the scourge of web developers since the beginning of time (beginning of time being 1988 or so). One of those error messages you received about the expiry date being incorrect was pretty descriptive. Do you recall what expiry date you entered?

I wish I could get you to do a var_dump() on the information sent, but as this is a module dealing with personal financial data, that wouldn't be a wise idea (although, I would like a new TV :D ). I can tell you that the reason my module doesn't work for you is that you've combined the shipping and payment pages to one, and so it's going to be buggy for you. But I've added an idea to the TODO that I think will fix this problem. It will allow the user to specify the location of the checkout_payment and checkout_shipping pages so for people like you who've combined them, my module *should* still work.

And the pink has nothing to do with me -- the messageStack class added that bit of color to your website. Blame hpdl, it's all his fault! :)

My current TODO for 0.3:

-Modification that displays a different payment method on the checkout_confirmation page.

-Add ability to store certificate in a different place

-In admin section, display errors if pear modules or certificate don't exist

-In admin, be able to specify location of payment and shipping pages

-Option: If visitor saw EC button on login page, hide it on shipping page

-Option: Display EC button on payment page

Mio Dio, who ever thought a payment module would get so complex!

Edited by dynamoeffects

I merged everything into one module for simplicity. Since this module has been created with the sole purpose to be 100% compliant, it wasn't designed with the idea that there will be options to make it uncompliant. Does that make sense?

Of course it does, and I think you've done an excellent job- but a man can dream can't he?

I'm going to try and replicate that bug, but the back button has been the scourge of web developers since the beginning of time (beginning of time being 1988 or so). One of those error messages you received about the expiry date being incorrect was pretty descriptive. Do you recall what expiry date you entered?

Yeah, that expiry date one was all me. Isn't it great when you start to introduce problems to the problems already in session?

Personally, I think the back button is great, and we should all embrace it's majesty. Despite this I also noticed that not only did it screw over checkout_payment.php, it also made the change address button work like the Express Checkout button. If it matters, I use Firefox.

I wish I could get you to do a var_dump() on the information sent, but as this is a module dealing with personal financial data, that wouldn't be a wise idea (although, I would like a new TV :D ). I can tell you that the reason my module doesn't work for you is that you've combined the shipping and payment pages to one, and so it's going to be buggy for you. But I've added an idea to the TODO that I think will fix this problem. It will allow the user to specify the location of the checkout_payment and checkout_shipping pages so for people like you who've combined them, my module *should* still work.

Thanks for thinking of me, but I was actually running the shop the old way, with separate pages for shipping and payment. Combining the two and using your contribution are more dreams of mine. But with the problems I'm still having with cc's, maybe it's something else we're not considering (read as: I screwed something else up).

And the pink has nothing to do with me -- the messageStack class added that bit of color to your website. Blame hpdl, it's all his fault! :)

You'd think he'd know better.

My current TODO for 0.3:

-Modification that displays a different payment method on the checkout_confirmation page.

-Add ability to store certificate in a different place

-In admin section, display errors if pear modules or certificate don't exist

-In admin, be able to specify location of payment and shipping pages

-Option: If visitor saw EC button on login page, hide it on shipping page

-Option: Display EC button on payment page

Mio Dio, who ever thought a payment module would get so complex!

You rule- and this is probably already the most complicated payment module ever made. God Bless PayPal.