• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

REALLY NEED HELP!!!

After I click continue the final time before the checkout confirmation page, I keep getting an error saying:

An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

Shipping Address State Empty (10729)

The field Shipping Address State is required

The state is definitely in the field and I can't figure out where the problem is. I thought it was because I didn't have SSL at first, so I had it installed but even with SSL, I'm getting the same error.

I'm running RC2. I first installed 1.06 and had this error, so I tried 1.07a with the same results. Everything else seems to work, just can't finish the checkout.

Using private SSL provided by hostgator.

Thanks SteveDallas,

The parameter landingpage is already set to billing but it still displays the paypal create account page to pay.

I'll leave it like that for the moment.

Thanks again for the help and sorry for the off topic questions :)

Regarding the random "Order Total Discrepancy" showing up in some paypal invoices as zero. I only charge sales tax in one state and I have noticed that on those particular invoices the "Order Total Discrepancy" always shows up and is always the exact amount the sales tax should be....and the sales tax is blank. The grand total is correct but it seems to be itemizing oddly. This occurs during direct checkout.

What version of WPP are you using? I have tested this with v1.0.7a and it works correctly.

--Glen

Thanks SteveDallas,

The parameter landingpage is already set to billing but it still displays the paypal create account page to pay.

I'll leave it like that for the moment.

Thanks again for the help and sorry for the off topic questions :)

My response was based on my reading of the documentation, and not on an actual test. I seem to recall reading of a method of accomplishing what you are asking for, but can't find it in the current PayPal documentation. They have made a number of changes over the years and may have removed that option.

--Glen

For the certificate, can someone tell me the structure of it? I followed the instructions but I couldn't find the location in paypal. All I find was the PEM file and a place to get my API signature.

Also, how does sandbox mode work? I turned it on, I entered in my real cc info and when I press confirm order, it took me to the shopping_cart.php but with no errors. I checked admin and the order wasn't placed. Is this normal?

Edited by cLin

REALLY NEED HELP!!!

After I click continue the final time before the checkout confirmation page, I keep getting an error saying:

An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

Shipping Address State Empty (10729)

The field Shipping Address State is required

The state is definitely in the field and I can't figure out where the problem is. I thought it was because I didn't have SSL at first, so I had it installed but even with SSL, I'm getting the same error.

Go to Configuration/Customer Details and turn state to true ;) that will fix the problem. It is the last entry on that page, I have all else set to false, gender, date of birth, etc.

Hope this helps, took me a day or so to figure this out when it happened to me lol For the record it doesn't have anything to do with the module, just one of the tedious little settings OSC has to have just right to work :P

Edited by chancedevin

Go to Configuration/Customer Details and turn state to true ;) that will fix the problem. It is the last entry on that page, I have all else set to false, gender, date of birth, etc.

Hope this helps, took me a day or so to figure this out when it happened to me lol For the record it doesn't have anything to do with the module, just one of the tedious little settings OSC has to have just right to work :P

That was one of the first things I checked , I tried both with the state enabled and disabled with the same results. I know paypal is sending the state to the address field because after you get back to the confirmation, the address is correct (with the state), but after I try to confirm the order, I get that error and get sent back to the first delivery information page. Even if I add a manual address to the user account, I still get the same error.

Maybe the name of the state variable being is mismatched somewhere?

Edited by wizard907

That was one of the first things I checked , I tried both with the state enabled and disabled with the same results. I know paypal is sending the state to the address field because after you get back to the confirmation, the address is correct (with the state), but after I try to confirm the order, I get that error and get sent back to the first delivery information page. Even if I add a manual address to the user account, I still get the same error.

Maybe the name of the state variable being is mismatched somewhere?

Enable "Debug Mode" in the module configuration. You should receive an error dump in email (with the sensitive fields blanked out). It will show both the transaction sent to PayPal and the response. Send it to me in a PM or by email to osc at glensgarage dot com. I'll should be able to determine why it reports an error.

Does this happen with Express Checkout, Direct Payment (credit card), or both?

--Glen

how does sandbox mode work?

It needs a sandbox account no real account will work.

Satish

How do I get a sandbox account? I just want to be able to test my cart to make sure everything is working like if I was an actual customer =\

How do I get a sandbox account? I just want to be able to test my cart to make sure everything is working like if I was an actual customer =\

Register at the PayPal Sandbox. After you are registered, you will need to create two test accounts; one to play the role of the shopowner, and another to play the role of the customer. The shopowner account must apply for WPP and download the API credentials. It looks the same as the regular PayPal site, but approval is instant.

--Glen

Enable "Debug Mode" in the module configuration. You should receive an error dump in email (with the sensitive fields blanked out). It will show both the transaction sent to PayPal and the response. Send it to me in a PM or by email to osc at glensgarage dot com. I'll should be able to determine why it reports an error.

Does this happen with Express Checkout, Direct Payment (credit card), or both?

--Glen

I just ran the wpp_diagnostics.php and it says that I don't have the database update in place? Can somebody tell me what it's referring to?

Thanks

I just ran the wpp_diagnostics.php and it says that I don't have the database update in place? Can somebody tell me what it's referring to?

Thanks

Since you first installed v1.0.6, it probably means that one of the database tables was created with the wrong name. That was my fault; sorry about that. There are three ways to fix it:

1. Go into the module's settings. (Admin->Modules, then click on PayPal Direct Payment) Save all the settings (copy and paste to a text file). Click 'Remove'. Click 'Install'. Re-enter all of your settings.

or

2. Open your mySQL administration tool and rename the table.

Steps for phpMyAdmin

a. Select the table named TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY_TRANSACTIONS.

b. Click on the tab "Operations".

c. Type "orders_status_history_transactions" into the box under "Rename table to:" and click "Go".

or

3. Paste the following command into your mySQL administration tool (phpMyAdmin, for instance):

ALTER TABLE `TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY_TRANSACTIONS` RENAME `orders_status_history_transactions`;

All three procedures accomplish essentially the same thing, so pick the one that you find easiest to follow.

--Glen

Thanks Steve, that took care of that.

Now when I run the diagnostic, I get as far as:

Did PayPal respond without errors? (If not, errors are below) No

Internal Error (10001)

Internal Error

The transactions are going through now, but should I be worried about those errors?

Thanks

Thanks Steve, that took care of that.

Now when I run the diagnostic, I get as far as:

Did PayPal respond without errors? (If not, errors are below) No

Internal Error (10001)

Internal Error

The transactions are going through now, but should I be worried about those errors?

Thanks

For some reason, the transaction that we use to test connectivity with the server now displays a 10001 error when you connect to the sandbox. When you are ready to go live, run the diagnostics again using the live credentials. Everything should display as OK. I plan to revise the test to either use a different transaction when talking to the sandbox, or to accept 10001 errors as "normal operation" when in sandbox mode. The latter will probably be easier, as all we are looking for at this point is whether PayPal responds. On the live server, a 10001 error could indicate a real problem, so we'll report that.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

Ok, so I got the order to go through with the sandbox mode. I'm guessing to get it working live for real transactions, I would just replace the certificate, api username and password with the live paypal account and to change the mode from sandbox to live?

Ok, so I got the order to go through with the sandbox mode. I'm guessing to get it working live for real transactions, I would just replace the certificate, api username and password with the live paypal account and to change the mode from sandbox to live?

Exactly.

--Glen

For some reason, the transaction that we use to test connectivity with the server now displays a 10001 error when you connect to the sandbox. When you are ready to go live, run the diagnostics again using the live credentials. Everything should display as OK. I plan to revise the test to either use a different transaction when talking to the sandbox, or to accept 10001 errors as "normal operation" when in sandbox mode. The latter will probably be easier, as all we are looking for at this point is whether PayPal responds. On the live server, a 10001 error could indicate a real problem, so we'll report that.

--Glen

I get those errors running on a live server with live credentials, using a Hostgator SSL private cert.

I get those errors running on a live server with live credentials, using a Hostgator SSL private cert.

That is odd. And transactions are processing normally? If they are, I wouldn't worry about it. If you can't process transactions, contact PayPal tech support; there may be a problem with your account.

--Glen

I am doing a sorely needed upgrade from 0.9.2 to 1.1, and am getting an error that is telling me that "class payments" cannot be declared twice. I can't seem to find where it used to be declared.... any ideas?

Edited by Gremlyn1

I am doing a sorely needed upgrade from 0.9.2 to 1.1, and am getting an error that is telling me that "class payments" cannot be declared twice. I can't seem to find where it used to be declared.... any ideas?

The current version of this module is 1.0.7. Are you installing the one that Harald released? That's a different module entirely, and I don't know if there is a support topic.

--Glen

The current version of this module is 1.0.7. Are you installing the one that Harald released? That's a different module entirely, and I don't know if there is a support topic.

--Glen

Oops, sorry I meant 1.0.7... I ahve too many software versions to keep track of these days :P

Oops, sorry I meant 1.0.7... I ahve too many software versions to keep track of these days :P

The shop integration is a lot different between 0.9 and prior versions and 1.x. Basically, you must remove all the changes from the prior version and do a fresh install of v1.x. The READ_ME.htm document explains the process.

<shameless_plug>

You might consider using Contribution Tracker to keep track of everything you have installed in your shop. I found it to be handy and have done a lot of work on it to make it work better.

</shameless_plug>

--Glen

The shop integration is a lot different between 0.9 and prior versions and 1.x. Basically, you must remove all the changes from the prior version and do a fresh install of v1.x. The READ_ME.htm document explains the process.

<shameless_plug>

You might consider using Contribution Tracker to keep track of everything you have installed in your shop. I found it to be handy and have done a lot of work on it to make it work better.

</shameless_plug>

--Glen

Figured that might be how I have to go about it, ugh what a process :P I thought I could get away with diff-ing in the changes and removing the old stuff while I was at it, but I guess there are some files that are no longer modded that contain legacy code...

Thanks for the tip on the tracker, sounds like it might be useful, especially if it is another year before I remember to upgrade stuff again ;)

Edited by Gremlyn1

Figured that might be how I have to go about it, ugh what a process :P I thought I could get away with diff-ing in the changes and removing the old stuff while I was at it, but I guess there are some files that are no longer modded that contain legacy code...

Thanks for the tip on the tracker, sounds like it might be useful, especially if it is another year before I remember to upgrade stuff again ;)

All of the changes should be marked with "PayPal WPP Modification", so it shouldn't be too difficult to find them.

The tracker can even be set up with a cron job to send email when one of your registered contributions is updated. The next version will include the description from the update in the email message.