• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

The links look correct and it appears that you have configured the accounts correctly. I would review the installation and configuration steps to see if you missed anything. Have you tried uploading the wpp_diagnostics file and run it? It should point you in the direction of any configuration problems.

--Glen

How do I do that? Just load it under catalog/ and run it?

Thanks

It appears that I created a bug while trying to fix something else and the table is created with the wrong name. To fix this, use your database administration tool to rename the table.

Example (phpMyAdmin):

1. Select the table named TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY_TRANSACTIONS.

2. Click on the tab "Operations".

3. Type "orders_status_history_transactions" into the box under "Rename table to:" and click "Go".

This will resolve the issue. I'll fix this in the next release.

--Glen

Thanks for the fix above. I figured out the original error "Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: order .." for line 17 of www/catalog/includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_include.php was that the "require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');" was missing.

if (!is_object($order)) {

require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$oID = (int)$_GET['oID'];

$order = new order($oID);

$order_totals = array();

}

I have run into my next problem which I will start in a new section.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_paypal_wpp_show_user_options() in /home3/propack/propacksolutions-www/catalog/includes/header.php on line 64

This is a completely new installation of Paypal WPP. Doesn't the /includes/functions/general.php need functions related to wpp?

can someone please help me why am I getting this error message

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select sources_name from sources where sources_id =

this is when the express button is display on the login ipage when I receive this error

catalog/login.php?action=express_checkout&return_to=shopping_cart.php

Step #9 - Modify login.php

1. FIND the following lines around line 217:

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></form></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

and add these lines ABOVE them:

<?php

//---PayPal WPP Modification START ---//

tep_paypal_wpp_ep_button(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART);

//---PayPal WPP Modification END ---//

?>

some customers who purchase from my site seem to be able to evade from paying sales tax when checking out. well sell in california, and ca residents should pay sales tax. the item itself is marked as a "taxable good". now the question i have is .. is this a paypal wpp problem .. or something with oscommerce?

Edited by jasyn

some customers who purchase from my site seem to be able to evade from paying sales tax when checking out. well sell in california, and ca residents should pay sales tax. the item itself is marked as a "taxable good". now the question i have is .. is this a paypal wpp problem .. or something with oscommerce?

Jason,

We have discussed this in the past, and I understand that this is a problem for you. In order to diagnose the issue, it would be useful to know whether this happens for Express Checkout customers only, or for Direct Payment (credit card) customers as well. You probably mentioned it some time ago, but I don't remember.

Also, is it possible for you to pull server logs to see exactly which pages the customers not being charged tax used during the checkout process, and in which order? It is possible that some path through checkout causes the process to get confused.

What I can tell you is that WPP doesn't do anything with tax calculations; it just takes what is passed by the order total modules. However, Express Checkout stores shipping address information which, if changed by the customer, may not cause another trip through the tax module with the new address. This is why we need to look at the path the customer takes through checkout when tax isn't applied.

--Glen

can someone please help me why am I getting this error message

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Michelle,

"sources" is not the name of a table in a standard osCommerce database. It is possible that this table was added by another contribution and that you have a conflict between it and WPP.

Without seeing your login.php, I cannot diagnose the problem. (Please don't post it here in the thread.) You will have to adjust the line number where the Express Checkout button code is added to put it in the same relative place as in the sample login.php provided with the module.

--Glen

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_paypal_wpp_show_user_options() in /home3/propack/propacksolutions-www/catalog/includes/header.php on line 64

This is a completely new installation of Paypal WPP. Doesn't the /includes/functions/general.php need functions related to wpp?

Sandra,

The function tep_paypal_wpp_show_user_options() can be found in /includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_include.php.

Possible causes for this error:

1. You skipped step 11 in the installation instructions, which includes paypal_wpp_include.php into application_top.php.

2. you copied the contents of the catalog/admin/paypal_wpp/ folder into catalog/paypal_wpp/. They are different. Based on your post #3860, which appears to be from the admin version of paypal_wpp_include.php, I believe this to be more likely.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

Jason,

We have discussed this in the past, and I understand that this is a problem for you. In order to diagnose the issue, it would be useful to know whether this happens for Express Checkout customers only, or for Direct Payment (credit card) customers as well. You probably mentioned it some time ago, but I don't remember.

Also, is it possible for you to pull server logs to see exactly which pages the customers not being charged tax used during the checkout process, and in which order? It is possible that some path through checkout causes the process to get confused.

What I can tell you is that WPP doesn't do anything with tax calculations; it just takes what is passed by the order total modules. However, Express Checkout stores shipping address information which, if changed by the customer, may not cause another trip through the tax module with the new address. This is why we need to look at the path the customer takes through checkout when tax isn't applied.

--Glen

i don't remember if we came up with a solution. this recent order was through paypal direct payment (credit card). billing and shipping were exactly the same. as far as server logs i'd have to check with my host to see if they can pull anything. i will post here when i find out.

i don't remember if we came up with a solution. this recent order was through paypal direct payment (credit card). billing and shipping were exactly the same. as far as server logs i'd have to check with my host to see if they can pull anything. i will post here when i find out.

Many hosts provide access to server logs, though it may be a little difficult to sort out which accesses came from which customer, especially if you have a busy shop. The time stamp on the payment should help narrow it down.

I can think of no reason why a credit card purchase wouldn't get charged tax, as long as the items were in the taxable goods class and the tax zone is set up correctly.

I know that if a customer enters the wrong state in his shipping address, he is not charged the correct tax rate. (This once happened to me where an out of state customer entered my state and got charged tax.) If you aren't using Country-State Selector, and the customer misspells the state name or code, that might cause tax not to be charged, because the tax zone name won't match the customer's entry.

--Glen

okay here's the log .. to say the least it was a 80mb file so i tried to find what made sense .. majority of it the GET's were for images .. from what i can see .. the user created the account .. went to edit the account .. weit into the address book .. edited an address .. went to checkout_shipping .. checkout_payment .. checkout_confirmation .. checkout_success

*and to answer your question above* i do use the state-country selector

[29/Aug/2009:01:38:23 -0600] "GET /create_account.php HTTP/1.1" 200 135185 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/login.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:41:54 -0600] "GET /account.php HTTP/1.1" 200 117605 "http://www.advancespeedshop.com/shopping_cart.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:42:03 -0600] "GET /account_edit.php HTTP/1.1" 200 117237 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/account.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:42:10 -0600] "POST /account_edit.php HTTP/1.1" 302 - "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/account_edit.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:42:11 -0600] "GET /account.php HTTP/1.1" 200 117896 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/account_edit.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:42:29 -0600] "GET /address_book.php HTTP/1.1" 200 117040 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/account.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:42:36 -0600] "GET /address_book_process.php?edit=xxxx HTTP/1.1" 200 131996 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/address_book.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:42:52 -0600] "POST /address_book_process.php?edit=xxxx HTTP/1.1" 302 - "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/address_book_process.php?edit=7231" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:42:53 -0600] "GET /address_book.php HTTP/1.1" 200 117331 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/address_book_process.php?edit=xxxx" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:43:36 -0600] "GET /checkout_shipping.php HTTP/1.1" 200 121343 "http://www.advancespeedshop.com/shopping_cart.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:45:54 -0600] "GET /images/imagecache/injen-sp1685-08-09-honda-accord-coupe.jpg HTTP/1.1" 200 2069 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/checkout_payment.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:45:59 -0600] "GET /images/imagecache/injen_intake_polish_enlarged.jpg HTTP/1.1" 200 2967 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/checkout_payment.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:46:03 -0600] "GET /images/imagecache/INJEN-SP1404.jpg HTTP/1.1" 200 3302 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/checkout_payment.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:46:04 -0600] "POST /checkout_confirmation.php HTTP/1.1" 200 119989 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/checkout_payment.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:46:06 -0600] "GET /includes/languages/english/images/ie6buttons/confirm_order.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 1840 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/checkout_confirmation.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:46:30 -0600] "POST /checkout_process.php HTTP/1.1" 302 - "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/checkout_confirmation.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:46:37 -0600] "GET /checkout_success.php HTTP/1.1" 200 118292 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/checkout_confirmation.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:46:47 -0600] "GET /images/icons/cart.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 234 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/checkout_success.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:47:24 -0600] "POST /checkout_success.php?action=update HTTP/1.1" 302 - "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/checkout_success.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

[29/Aug/2009:01:47:26 -0600] "GET /?notify[]=2491&action=notify HTTP/1.1" 200 140977 "https://secure.advancespeedshop.com/checkout_success.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

Edited by jasyn

okay here's the log .. to say the least it was a 80mb file so i tried to find what made sense .. majority of it the GET's were for images .. from what i can see .. the user created the account .. went to edit the account .. weit into the address book .. edited an address .. went to checkout_shipping .. checkout_payment .. checkout_confirmation .. checkout_success

*and to answer your question above* i do use the state-country selector

Jason,

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to do exactly what your customer did and see what shows up on the checkout_confirmation page. Don't click "confirm" to actually place the order. I would go so far as to log into his account (the Master Password contribution is useful for this) and see if the tax appears as zero.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

Hi Glen,

Would you give me more instructions or do you or someone could give me help with it? My email is [email protected]

Thanks,

If I recall correctly, 10001 errors may be related to a problem with your PayPal account. You will need to contact PayPal to resolve this.

Things to verify before contacting PayPal Customer Service:

1. You have applied for access to Website Payments Pro and have completed all required steps.

2. You have uploaded your API certificate and entered the correct credentials in the module setup under admin.

If all of these are correct, contact PayPal. They should be able to tell you why you are receiving the 10001 error.

--Glen

More on 10001 errors. These can occur in the sandbox. Make sure that you are logged into the sandbox before doing any testing.

If you still get 10001 errors, switch over to the live server (load your live certificate and API credentials) and test again. If you select the payment action "Authorization" instead of sale, no money will be taken from your payment account unless you "Capture" the payment. However, if you let the authorization expire, you will be charged $0.30 on your next monthly bill.

--Glen

Hopefully someone can help with this problem (if it is a problem and not just they way things are).

1. I add an Item to my Cart

2. in my cart i select the 'Paypal express checkout' Button

3. i am sent to Paypal Sandbox

4. i login to paypal with my test buyer account

5. i select continue

8 i am returned to the Delivery information screen (shipping.php)

If the paypal email address i used is on file (i am a current customer), the shipping address in paypal is NOT returned, i have the correct option set in paypal - Express Checkout: Address Override PayPal

If the paypal email adress i used is NOT on file (New customer), the shipping address IS returned from paypal and an acount is created

Why is the ovveride setting not working? - or am i misinterprting how this should work.

Why is there No billing address (stays blank in both situations above)

other info to aide any diagnostic

I have shared SSL, which is working ok (redirects ok to Shared site for SSl required pages) (except admin which wont direct to ssl pages, even though admin set ok, but im not overly worried about that)

one further query, whilst i have your expert attention.

if i switch on IPN at Paypal (i know i dont need it as the request to paypal carries the return adress for WPP), will this send a packet to my store anyway for other transactions that may come through Ebay ?, will my website capture nd record ebay payment? - this is probably a dumb question! but thought i would ask.

hope i havnt put everyone to sleep....

regards

Smiler

Problem solved:

I have almost exactly the same problem where the buyer address from paypal doesn't overwrite the address of a logged user. Maybe my way will help others too.

My problem is that the seller account is a sandbox US account. the buyer account is from Germany(sandbox acc of course). So in someway the address doesn't get override at all. Then I changed the seller acount to a Germany seller account, then no code in osc or paypal_wpp was modified, the address can be override fine.

good luck.

Xiao

It appears that I created a bug while trying to fix something else and the table is created with the wrong name. To fix this, use your database administration tool to rename the table.

Example (phpMyAdmin):

1. Select the table named TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY_TRANSACTIONS.

2. Click on the tab "Operations".

3. Type "orders_status_history_transactions" into the box under "Rename table to:" and click "Go".

This will resolve the issue. I'll fix this in the next release.

--Glen

WOW! SWEET! Been scratching my head for a while over this one. Thanks for being there and thanks for the great support on this awesome contribution. May good things happen to you all.

KEN

To understand PHP, you must first understand PHP

Hi Satish,

I'm not trying to pay to my own account, I'm just trying to set it up so that the coupon discount is applied to the total when using the PayPal Express method of payment. I'm going to try the contributions suggested by Glen.

Thanks anyway.

The issue I know with Paypal modules and Coupon code is that if You send itemized details it does not work(paypal will not deduct this coupon discount) only Aggregate cart values sent works.

Might be that this is the reason at Your end.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Error in admin/orders.php

Around line 169

include(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'configure.php');

was correct with this:

include(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'configure.php');

Error in admin/orders.php

Around line 169

include(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'configure.php');

was correct with this:

include(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'configure.php');

There should be no reason to change this. There is an instruction in catalog/admin/includes/configure.php (where DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT is defined) to redefine it if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesn't suit your needs.

I do not consider this to be a bug. For most users, this works as installed. For those where it doesn't, the problem is in the definition of DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT, not the WPP code.

--Glen

Michelle,

"sources" is not the name of a table in a standard osCommerce database. It is possible that this table was added by another contribution and that you have a conflict between it and WPP.

Without seeing your login.php, I cannot diagnose the problem. (Please don't post it here in the thread.) You will have to adjust the line number where the Express Checkout button code is added to put it in the same relative place as in the sample login.php provided with the module.

--Glen

Glen if I login then the paypal express button in the shopping cart will work but if I don't login this is the error message

I did check the login.php and the shopping cart.php that comes with the module and upload it and its the same error only when I login the shopping cart.php will work if you want you can take a look at it www.cultureapparel.com

Glen if I login then the paypal express button in the shopping cart will work but if I don't login this is the error message

I did check the login.php and the shopping cart.php that comes with the module and upload it and its the same error only when I login the shopping cart.php will work if you want you can take a look at it www.cultureapparel.com

Michelle,

The error message says that php is trying to access something from a database. This has absolutely nothing to do with the PayPal WPP module itself. Do you have a table called "sources" in your database? It is not part of a standard osC shop.

I can only guess where the problem might lie, but it may have something to do with step 11 of the installation instructions, as this is where the code to handle "action=express_checkout" is added. Either that, or it is an interaction with the contribution that adds the "sources" table, which sounds like some sort of ad tracking tool. What other contributions have you installed in your shop?

--Glen

Michelle,

The error message says that php is trying to access something from a database. This has absolutely nothing to do with the PayPal WPP module itself. Do you have a table called "sources" in your database? It is not part of a standard osC shop.

I can only guess where the problem might lie, but it may have something to do with step 11 of the installation instructions, as this is where the code to handle "action=express_checkout" is added. Either that, or it is an interaction with the contribution that adds the "sources" table, which sounds like some sort of ad tracking tool. What other contributions have you installed in your shop?

--Glen

Yes I did install the ad tracking module to this website

Yes I did install the ad tracking module to this website

I do have a table in my php database called source can I add anything to it? Table structure for table `sources`

--

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `sources` (

`sources_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`sources_name` varchar(64) NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`sources_id`),

KEY `IDX_SOURCES_NAME` (`sources_name`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=8 ;

--

-- Dumping data for table `sources`

--

INSERT INTO `sources` (`sources_id`, `sources_name`) VALUES

(1, 'Google'),