• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Thanks for the reply Steve,

I am a little confused, i AM using this module for my paypal uk payments, and also have paypal as my full credit card merchant (Hence the use of paypal manager), All my payment activities go through this module as direct payments or express checkout, so why do Paypal advise that i need to change to SDK 4.3, and they say i am using sdk 3.07 ?

They probably sent that to everyone who subscribes to the WPP product in the UK. The "officially supported" API for WPP in the UK is PayFlow, but the Direct Payments API also works, once your PayPal account is flagged for WPP.

This module uses only the Direct Payments API for processing credit cards, so there should be no problem. You may want to contact your PayPal account representative for clarification.

--Glen

hello all,

Trying to get Express Checkout to work. I click on Express Checkout and am taken to paypal to sign in (using sandbox) I sign in and then I'm taken to the "Review Your Information" page and then when I click Continue on that page I get taken back to my website and I'm signed out, the shopping cart is empty and the Session ID has changed!

I'm at my wits end here! I've searched this thread and have seen nothing like the problem I'm having. Any ideas of where to begin looking to solve this?

and to continue no order information (item, tax, shipping etc...) is displayed on the Review Your Information page. It seems *nothing* is being carried over to Paypal when I click the Express Checkout Button.

Hey,

I just got an e-mail from PayPal saying that they are upgrading their platform and by Sept 09 everyone needs to update the SDK to version 4.3 or higher as the old platform will not continue to work.

Anyone else got this? - No idea what I'm supposed to do (the instructions tell you to look at a recent transaction to see what version is recorded but no version is recorded in the transactions)

Soon, we’ll be making enhancements to our Website Payments Pro service.

While we are doing everything to make these updates as seamless as possible, you will need to make some changes to your Website Payments Pro integration.

Here’s what’s happening

Beginning September 2009, PayPal will be upgrading its Payflow gateway service to a new, more secure SSL server certificate hierarchy.

Here’s what it means to you

To continue processing transactions after this date, you will need to update your current integration to the latest Software Development Kit (SDK version 4.3 or higher) or to our direct HTTPS interface. The update will give you more security and you won’t have to worry about your payment service being interrupted in September.

Here’s what you need to do

For a detailed explanation of what’s changing and step-by-step instructions on what to do, go to https://www.paypal.com/gatewayupdate

Hey,

I just got an e-mail from PayPal saying that they are upgrading their platform and by Sept 09 everyone needs to update the SDK to version 4.3 or higher as the old platform will not continue to work.

Anyone else got this? - No idea what I'm supposed to do (the instructions tell you to look at a recent transaction to see what version is recorded but no version is recorded in the transactions)

Mike,

If you are using the payment module supported in this topic, you need do nothing. It doesn't use the Payflow gateway. That note apparently went out to all WPP customers in the UK, whether they are using the Payflow gateway or the Direct Payment API used by this payment modules.

--Glen

hello all,

Trying to get Express Checkout to work. I click on Express Checkout and am taken to paypal to sign in (using sandbox) I sign in and then I'm taken to the "Review Your Information" page and then when I click Continue on that page I get taken back to my website and I'm signed out, the shopping cart is empty and the Session ID has changed!

I'm at my wits end here! I've searched this thread and have seen nothing like the problem I'm having. Any ideas of where to begin looking to solve this?

Marcella,

The shopping cart (and other information in your next message) is cleared *because* your session ID has changed. I don't know exactly what is going on here, but I do know that for sandbox transactions to work correctly, you must be logged into the sandbox (in another browser window or tab) *before* you start the checkout process. In addition, you must create two accounts in the sandbox; one for the shop and another for the customer, because you can't buy things from yourself.

Have you tried a credit card transaction yet? Does it work?

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

HI again,

I thank you kindly for responding, Glen. I seem to have EC partially working now. I fixed my includes/configure.php file but maybe I didn't fix it enough. Using Sandbox as a buyer and logged into Sandbox first in another browser window and I start with a new session ID on my site, my problem is when clicking on EC in Shopping Cart I get taken to Paypal to pay with a credit card and after paying on Paypal I get taken back to my shopping cart and nothing happened but I retain my Session ID! I click on EC again in the Shopping cart and go thru the payment process on Paypal again and then everything goes thru, I complete the order fine on my site. But Paypal, I notice sends me back with a new session ID and of course clicking on the Shopping Cart empties it. But if I don't click on Shopping Cart and click thru to finish I get a successful transaction.

It's the same with the EC on the Log In page too. And this happens whether I log in on my store or not.

So why do I have to click twice on EC to get this to work? Any why is Paypal sending me back with a new session ID? I had this contrib working flawlessly till my hosting provider was sold to a new hosting company and moved my site.

Could it still be my configure files are incorrect?

Here they are:

includes/configure

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://mydomain.org'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://secure25.securewebsession.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.mydomain.org');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.secure25.securewebsession.com');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/mystore/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/mydomain.org/mystore/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/mystore/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/mydomain.org/mystore/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']). '/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

admin/includes/configure.php

<?php

// define our webserver variables

// FS = Filesystem (physical)

// WS = Webserver (virtual)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://mydomain.org/mystore'); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://mydomain.org/mystore');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://secure25.securewebsession.com/mydomain.org/mystore');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/services/webpages/j/o/mydoamin.org/secure/mystore'); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN);

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

define('DIR_WS_FLAGS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'flags/');

HI again,

I thank you kindly for responding, Glen. I seem to have EC partially working now. I fixed my includes/configure.php file but maybe I didn't fix it enough. Using Sandbox as a buyer and logged into Sandbox first in another browser window and I start with a new session ID on my site, my problem is when clicking on EC in Shopping Cart I get taken to Paypal to pay with a credit card and after paying on Paypal I get taken back to my shopping cart and nothing happened but I retain my Session ID! I click on EC again in the Shopping cart and go thru the payment process on Paypal again and then everything goes thru, I complete the order fine on my site. But Paypal, I notice sends me back with a new session ID and of course clicking on the Shopping Cart empties it. But if I don't click on Shopping Cart and click thru to finish I get a successful transaction.

It's the same with the EC on the Log In page too. And this happens whether I log in on my store or not.

So why do I have to click twice on EC to get this to work? Any why is Paypal sending me back with a new session ID? I had this contrib working flawlessly till my hosting provider was sold to a new hosting company and moved my site.

Could it still be my configure files are incorrect?

Marcella,

I think the key here is that it used to work, but doesn't now since the hosting change. The problem could be in your configure files, or a bad path in the module configuration. Have you run wpp_diagnostics.php from the original distribution? Did it report any errors?

--Glen

Marcella,

I think the key here is that it used to work, but doesn't now since the hosting change. The problem could be in your configure files, or a bad path in the module configuration. Have you run wpp_diagnostics.php from the original distribution? Did it report any errors?

--Glen

Thank you once agan, Glen. Yes, I did run wwp_diagnositcs and it came back with no errors. All green Yes's and Congrats. Yep, the server change messed this up for me, no doubt. But I will try to fiddle with the path in the module config some more maybe you are right that the problem could lie there. As far as the configure.php files I don't know what more to do to them then I already have. But wouldn't it stand to reason that Direct Payment wouldn't work either (but it does) if the configure files were off? Onward and hopefully upward!

Edited by MarcellaE

Mike,

If you are using the payment module supported in this topic, you need do nothing. It doesn't use the Payflow gateway. That note apparently went out to all WPP customers in the UK, whether they are using the Payflow gateway or the Direct Payment API used by this payment modules.

--Glen

Thanks Glen - I wish PayPal would improve their communications - I can't believe how bad their customer service / back-end tools / communications are! :P

Thanks Glen - I wish PayPal would improve their communications - I can't believe how bad their customer service / back-end tools / communications are! :P

Mike,

PayPal only support the Payflow Pro Gateway for WPP in the UK, so I suppose it was logical for them to announce this change to all UK WPP customers. While PayPal don't officially support it in the UK, the Direct Payments API used by the DynamoEffects WPP module works well in UK shops. Direct Payments was developed internally by PayPal before they acquired Payflow (VeriSign Payment Services) from VeriSign in November 2005.

There are reasons that one would pick one solution over another. Direct Payments (WPP) is closely linked to your PayPal account, depositing funds directly into it, and has a fee structure that is similar to traditional PayPal payments. Payflow Pro payments go to an existing merchant bank account. Which solution one selects can be based on many factors; higher volume merchants may want to examine the Payflow solutions as transaction costs can be lower. "Click and mortar" merchants (those with both walk-in retail and web-based operations) can use Payflow to integrate web sales with their existing payment solutions.

--Glen

Glen,

I've gone through the posts are here and found one user that had the same problem I'm having. This post

It's a munged URL issue being returned from Paypal (osCsid=" has been replaced with "%7F") Ok, I PM'd the user who had this problem and hopefully she'll give me some insight.

But I did go to Paypal Community and stated my problem and this is one response I got back:

Express Checkout requires three API calls: SetExpressCheckout, GetExpressCheckoutDetails, and DoExpressCheckoutPayment. Are you completing the process?

After you click "Continue" on the PayPal page, you will be redirected to your site, where you must call GetExpressCheckoutDetails with the returned token. From GetExpressCheckoutDetails, you get the PayPalID and optional address information. Normally, you pause here to display the information to the buyer for them to accept or cancel.

Then, you call DoExpressCheckoutPayment, passing the token and the PayPalID along with the amount and other purchase details. This is the call that actually completes the transaction.

Am I good to go with this module with what he wrote? Am I completing this process with this module? I notice I don't have DoExpressCheckoutPayment but I have DoExpressCheckout.xml. Is this an issue that it doesn't say DoExpressCheckoutPayment?

Glen,

I've gone through the posts are here and found one user that had the same problem I'm having. This post

It's a munged URL issue being returned from Paypal (osCsid=" has been replaced with "%7F") Ok, I PM'd the user who had this problem and hopefully she'll give me some insight.

But I did go to Paypal Community and stated my problem and this is one response I got back:

Express Checkout requires three API calls: SetExpressCheckout, GetExpressCheckoutDetails, and DoExpressCheckoutPayment. Are you completing the process?

After you click "Continue" on the PayPal page, you will be redirected to your site, where you must call GetExpressCheckoutDetails with the returned token. From GetExpressCheckoutDetails, you get the PayPalID and optional address information. Normally, you pause here to display the information to the buyer for them to accept or cancel.

Then, you call DoExpressCheckoutPayment, passing the token and the PayPalID along with the amount and other purchase details. This is the call that actually completes the transaction.

Am I good to go with this module with what he wrote? Am I completing this process with this module? I notice I don't have DoExpressCheckoutPayment but I have DoExpressCheckout.xml. Is this an issue that it doesn't say DoExpressCheckoutPayment?

Express Checkout is implemented correctly in this module, so that's not the issue; it works for most people. I had suggested that it may be a Sandbox issue, and the previous poster seemed to agree in this post, but she didn't report the results of a test on the live server. If you can test on the live server, that would be helpful.

--Glen

Glen,

Hi Marcella, (and Glen)

I've been following this thread as I too have this exact issue with EC. It is also a problem in the live mode. (Same result as you defined in the sandbox mode).

You indicated that you were adjusting your includes/config file - Which parm did you fiddle with and how did you change it?

Have you gotten through the problem yet?

Looking forward to getting this resolved.

I was wondering - My hosting provider recently made a few changes to the PHP config at the server level (Specifically to disable magic quotes) presumably to get ready for PHP 6. Could any of these changes have affected the functionality of EC?

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Marcella, (and Glen)

I've been following this thread as I too have this exact issue with EC. It is also a problem in the live mode. (Same result as you defined in the sandbox mode).

You indicated that you were adjusting your includes/config file - Which parm did you fiddle with and how did you change it?

Have you gotten through the problem yet?

Looking forward to getting this resolved.

I was wondering - My hosting provider recently made a few changes to the PHP config at the server level (Specifically to disable magic quotes) presumably to get ready for PHP 6. Could any of these changes have affected the functionality of EC?

Thanks,

Rick

Unfortunately no joy yet! The problem exists for me whether live or in sandbox. My hosting co. isn't doing anything with php6 so I don't think that's an issue. I posted both my configure files above and that's how I left them. I don't think those configure files are the issue.

I contacted 2 posters who had this same issue a year or 2 ago and haven't heard back from them yet to see if they solved this problem.

Unfortunately no joy yet! The problem exists for me whether live or in sandbox. My hosting co. isn't doing anything with php6 so I don't think that's an issue. I posted both my configure files above and that's how I left them. I don't think those configure files are the issue.

I contacted 2 posters who had this same issue a year or 2 ago and haven't heard back from them yet to see if they solved this problem.

Hello, I did have the same error I guess.

What I found out (It works for me now) ist to change 1 line in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:

change Line 580: $order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), 'action=express_checkout', 'SSL');

to:

//$order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), 'action=express_checkout', 'SSL');

$temp_return_link = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), '', 'SSL');

$order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = $temp_return_link . '&action=express_checkout';

Maybe it will work for you too.

ToSam

Hello, I did have the same error I guess.

What I found out (It works for me now) ist to change 1 line in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:

change Line 580: $order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), 'action=express_checkout', 'SSL');

to:

//$order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), 'action=express_checkout', 'SSL');

$temp_return_link = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), '', 'SSL');

$order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = $temp_return_link . '&action=express_checkout';

Maybe it will work for you too.

ToSam

Oh ToSam, you are a godsend! Thank you! And your solution came in the nick of time! Seems Paypal stopped by my site recently because yesterday I got a email from them to turn on Express Checkout or else!

I did some test orders with your fix and EC seems to be working correctly now. Thank you so much!!

I'm using Oscommerce-2.2rc2a with Administrator log in feature. When I click on the Issue Refund or Add Charge button I'm taken to the Administration Log In page to log in! and when I log in I get a page not found error. Does anyone know why this is happening or is experiencing the same issue?

Thanks!

Steve,

I have a situation where the order was placed in Taiwan, and they wanted to get it shipped to California. They used PayPal Express Checkout, and when I got the order everything was verified, but the customer got away without paying CA Tax. Is this a possible error with PayPal WPP or does PayPal take note that the item was placed in Taiwan (some geo tracking thing) and therefore does not need to pay CA Tax even though the item is being shipped and billed to a CA address?

Steve,

I have a situation where the order was placed in Taiwan, and they wanted to get it shipped to California. They used PayPal Express Checkout, and when I got the order everything was verified, but the customer got away without paying CA Tax. Is this a possible error with PayPal WPP or does PayPal take note that the item was placed in Taiwan (some geo tracking thing) and therefore does not need to pay CA Tax even though the item is being shipped and billed to a CA address?

PayPal shouldn't make any decisions about whether tax is due. That should be a function of your shop. There may be something in the Express Checkout payment flow that confuses the tax computation. It may be an EC issue, or it might be an osC issue; it will take some testing.

--Glen

PayPal shouldn't make any decisions about whether tax is due. That should be a function of your shop. There may be something in the Express Checkout payment flow that confuses the tax computation. It may be an EC issue, or it might be an osC issue; it will take some testing.

--Glen

u got email :)

Oh ToSam, you are a godsend! Thank you! And your solution came in the nick of time! Seems Paypal stopped by my site recently because yesterday I got a email from them to turn on Express Checkout or else!

I did some test orders with your fix and EC seems to be working correctly now. Thank you so much!!

Yep - Thanks a bunch - That fixes the issue for me as well-

Now on to the next one !!!!!

I appreciate the response.

hi i made the intslattion and all works fine but i have problem when i want to check order in order.php in admin i have this error

1146 - Table 'promoseu_osc.orders_status_history_transactions' doesn't exist

SELECT transaction_id, transaction_type, payment_type, payment_status, module_code, transaction_avs, transaction_cvv2, transaction_msgs FROM orders_status_history_transactions WHERE orders_status_history_id = 2731 LIMIT 1

i seen here that table is miisng where from to get that table or how to do it i know to insert table with phpadmin ....

hi i made the intslattion and all works fine but i have problem when i want to check order in order.php in admin i have this error

1146 - Table 'promoseu_osc.orders_status_history_transactions' doesn't exist

SELECT transaction_id, transaction_type, payment_type, payment_status, module_code, transaction_avs, transaction_cvv2, transaction_msgs FROM orders_status_history_transactions WHERE orders_status_history_id = 2731 LIMIT 1

i seen here that table is miisng where from to get that table or how to do it i know to insert table with phpadmin ....

Did you upgrade from an earlier version? WPP creates the table when you click the 'Install' button in the Admin. You can create the table manually with this instruction:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `orders_status_history_transactions` (
				`orders_status_history_id` INT NOT NULL ,
				`transaction_id` VARCHAR( 64 ) NOT NULL ,
				`transaction_type` VARCHAR( 32 ) NOT NULL ,
				`payment_type` VARCHAR( 32 ) NOT NULL ,
				`payment_status` VARCHAR( 32 ) NOT NULL ,
				`transaction_amount` DECIMAL( 7, 2 ) NOT NULL ,
				`module_code` VARCHAR( 32 ) NOT NULL ,
				`transaction_avs` VARCHAR( 64 ) NOT NULL ,
				`transaction_cvv2` VARCHAR( 64 ) NOT NULL ,
				`transaction_msgs` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ,
				PRIMARY KEY ( `orders_status_history_id` ) ,
				INDEX ( `transaction_id` )
				)

Note that if you use a prefix in your table definition, you will have to modify the instruction to include it. I will review the module and make sure that it is fully compatible with prefixed table names. (I ran into this issue once with another module that I maintain.)

--Glen