• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

I can't replicate it now but I assume it was generated from the pay_wpp language file as it was warning that only users with a valicated paypal account could use checkpout express. Hope this helps

Just looked in that file and this is what it displayed 'To maintain a high level of security, customers using Express Checkout must be verified PayPal customers. Please either verify your account at PayPal or choose another means of payment' from define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_UNVERIFIED'

Thanks Scott, that did it.

was:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));

added:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME/']));

New issue is:

"Your store has a bug in checkout_process.php that prevents this module from working. Please read the Troubleshooting section of the READ_ME.htm that came with the module for more information."

I also have Package Tracking with Email Notification Mod

This also makes changes to checkout_process.php

Im going to go thru ReadMe & checkout_process.php, for both, to see what I missed.

I noticed there's a place for the PAYPAL_INVOICE_ID in the before_process function of paypal_wpp.php.

I know we can't include the oscommerce orderid into that variable because the oscommerce orderid isn't created until after the paypal payment is processed and approved, but is there a way for the oscommerce orderid to be added to the paypal transaction after everything is processed, in the after_process function perhaps?

"Your store has a bug in checkout_process.php that prevents this module from working. Please read the Troubleshooting section of the READ_ME.htm that came with the module for more information."

RC2a has the fix that it is referring to

-Dave

Thanks for that info. Is that the newest version of osCommerce?

So I should install newest version?

that is the latest version of 2.xxx

upgrade with caution - BACKUP your stuff....!! I suggest reading up the rc2a threads before proceeding

-Dave

Even simpler solution would be to open the included READ_ME.htm file, click on "Troubleshooting" and follow the instructions in the first few lines.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Even simpler solution would be to open the included READ_ME.htm file, click on "Troubleshooting" and follow the instructions in the first few lines.

ahaaha

very true~! wise man speaks

rc2a can cause grief for some

-Dave

I noticed there's a place for the PAYPAL_INVOICE_ID in the before_process function of paypal_wpp.php.

I know we can't include the oscommerce orderid into that variable because the oscommerce orderid isn't created until after the paypal payment is processed and approved, but is there a way for the oscommerce orderid to be added to the paypal transaction after everything is processed, in the after_process function perhaps?

I made a quick hack in the paypal_wpp.php that should work 99% of the time, as long as you don't get orders every second.

I replaced line 1386 in /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:

$order_info['PAYPAL_INVOICE_ID'] = '';

With the following lines of code:

$order_query = tep_db_query("SELECT orders_id FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . "  ORDER BY orders_id DESC");
     $order_id = tep_db_fetch_array($order_query);
     $order_info['PAYPAL_INVOICE_ID'] = ((int)$order_id['orders_id']+1);

This basically finds that last orders_id number in your orders table and adds 1 to it which should be the next order_id number. But like I said, if there are delays or multiple orders placed it might get the wrong order_id.

But for my purposes, it works like I want it to.

Edited by kev2me

@makotoshoto: What kinds of errors do they receive? Try setting "Address Override" to "PayPal."

No errors, it just reroutes the customer to the payment or shipping page. I have the address set to use PayPal's (have tried both ways), though now apparently some customers in this country can't checkout with express. It's odd-I've changed settings over and over and reinstalled the module, but sometimes when I try to go through the checkout, the PayPal site times out. Honestly, I think it's them, not your module. :) I'll just keep the cookies set on and see if that causes any other issues. Thank you!

Look in one of your configure.php files for the DIR_FS_CATALOG line or uninstall and reinstall the module in the admin.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I did a quick remove/add. That took care of that issue.

Next issue:

"Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Invalid Configuration (10501)

This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration."

This is one of the toughest mods yet, but it looks to be a much needed enhancement, once I get it all working.

Thanks for all your prompt replys Scott.

I see that my errorr is with paypal not this mod.

I quick "stupid" question:

I still need to signup for paypal payments pro correct?

I thought with this mod I would get around the $30/month they charge.

I like it, just dont think $360/year to pass info to paypal is ideal for me right now.

Since I have it all installed, Im going to keep a backup so in future can hopefully get it working a little quicker.

Thanks for all your help Scott, you was a great help in getting it up.

Brian, I appreciate all your hard work on this tool. I am trying to implement it and have a few questions.

I am using OSC 2.2 RC2 and downloaded the latest version of wpp. I signed up for paypal website payments pro, got my API keys and generally followed the instructions to the letter. I'm an experienced PHP programmer so I'm fairly confident I have everything installed correctly.

I placed a small test order on my site to test if everything worked....nothing. I got an email confirmation that the order was placed. The order showed up in OSC fine and everything but nothing made it to paypal.

I double checked that my API key was uploaded with read permissions and that my API information was entered correctly in the module config.

At this point I'm not sure how to proceed with the trouble shooting. Does paypal take awhile to verify or is it instant? I haven't seen anything come through at all!

Thanks for what seems to be a great module (just trying to get the last step working)...

====================================

SavvyShooter.com: Scopes, binoculars, spotting scopes and other accessories

Awesome module. I have gotten further with this than any other PayPal contribution. Although I am still having one error. Hopefully someone can help.

I add an item to the cart and go to checkout. I make it all the way to the confirmation page and go to hit Confirm Order and I get "Page Cannont Be Displayed". I also tried just clicking on the Checkout With PayPal button and the same thing happens.

I can provide any info you need, just let me know what all you need. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

@profexorgeek & EyeDentify: Upload the included wpp_diagnostics.php file and it should tell you what's going on.