• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

If you're using this contribution, a test credit card number is automatically entered in the credit card text field on the checkout_payment.php page if you're in Sandbox mode. It will work for everyone. Just use that one.

What's the date they give you for an expiration date?

They give a 2018 expiration date

The expiration dropdown shows 10 year spans and my test installation shows from 2008 - 2018. Is the date on your server set correctly?

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hi,

Whenever I start going through the paypal payment I get everything through perfectly on paypal, then it returns to the shop to sort out hte delivery information and it comes up with an error on the address bar

http://----------/checkout_payment.php?error_message=Please+select+a+payment+method+for+your+order.

yet it says you've selected paypal express checkout as your payment method...any idea what i've done wrong here ?

Thanks,

Mark

That just means that a payment option wasn't selected. Others have experienced it, but I haven't so I don't know the exact cause. Since it's never happened in my development store or for any of the people I've done installations for, it's either a misinstallation or a very very obscure server misconfiguration.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hi Brian,

As an update, there wasn't a fix for that duplication of orders in Paypal thing so in the end I backed up, re-installed oscommerce from scratch and rebuilt the site! It's fine now. Although I have no idea what happened my inexperienced gut feel is that there were some conflicts going on between the various Palpay modules that I'd intalled in the past and the new one, the backups didn't work properly and were referencing errors to other Paypal files - it was at this stage that I decided to start again and get in some chocolate hob nobs for the journey!

Anyway, thanks for all your help and I've made a donation as well.

All the best.

Jo

@fruitbat: Typically the problem with getting charged twice is an error caused by one of the customizations that causes the checkout_process.php script to execute twice. The only way to figure out the cause is to slowly work your way through it by adding die(); statements down the script until you find where it's reloading the script.

@ both fruitbat and graysonhobby: The error you're receiving in the admin has to do with missing a function in the admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file. Make sure that the function tep_hide_session_id() exists there. It's strange that you both experienced it simultaneously, but this contribution doesn't change that function nor the file that it's contained in, so I really don't know what's going on there. Can you both post the top of your admin/orders.php file down to where the first PayPal Pro modification ends?

Brian,

Is it possible to use WPP with MORE than 1 online store?

I'd like to start another oscommerce store, but in my Paypal settings, you have to use a return URL. This return URL in my paypal settings currently points to store #1, which is using this contribution.

I don't want customers who buy from store #2 to be sent back to store #1 !

Any ideas?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Oh no, looks like I have an errant .htaccess file in the /includes/paypal_wpp/ directory. Delete that one as well and it should start working.

I have installed the new version paypal_wpp_1.0.1 and am also getting an error when I click the "What's this?" link on the checkout_payment.php page. I have removed the .htaccess file in the includes\paypal_wpp directory.

Below is the error.

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

I then renamed the .htaccess file in the includes directory and then now have a new error message:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.

The website is temporarily unavailable.

The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.

The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

I would like to do a new installation of osCommerce 2.2MS2+, but they only make the oscommerce-2.2rc2a available on the website. Since the installation instructions are made for version osCommerce 2.2MS2+ How do I obtain a copy?

Also does anyone make available a copy of osCommerce with this contribution preinstalled?

@fruitbat: Good to hear that it got cleared up. I haven't received any new donations since the last two, so if you really did send it, you may have sent it to the wrong person.

@phi148: Honestly, I don't know. The IPN address gets set during checkout and is sent with the transaction to PayPal, but I don't know if they'll respond to that same address a week later when the transaction clears or changes status or if it'll use the one in your profile. The Sandbox is limited so that I couldn't test it. If you do try it, try doing an echeck payment on both sites and let me know how it goes.

@StLouis: The second error sounds like your site may have gone down. Is it still doing it?

@qbawler311: 2.2MS2+ means 2.2MS2 or greater (RC, RC1, RC2, RC2a). The installation instructions are based on RC2.

I'll have the 1.0.2 release out soon. I'm improving the admin features so that they're more reliable when Paypal doesn't respond and making the express checkout button templatable.

Is anyone else having problems issuing refunds in a live environment?

I'm not having any problems during development, but one store never seems to get a response from PayPal even though the customer side works just fine.

@StLouis: The second error sounds like your site may have gone down. Is it still doing it?

Brian,

Problem # 1:

Yes I am still having the same problem only when I click on the "What is This" link. The window pops up, but what I listed previously still shows up. I can try to go back and add the htaccess file back in and then I get the 403 forbidden error. I am not sure what to do. The restof my website doesn't have any problems like this at all.

Problem # 2:

I am currently able to proceess through my website a PayPal Direct Payment and I get no errors in my oscommerce admin nor do I get them in my paypal sandbox site. However, whenever I try to process a Paypal Express Checkout I get some errors that I can't find a resolution to listed on the forums nor has paypal developer support been able to help.

Below is what is displayed as as error at the top of my website on my checkout_payment.php page (after I click Paypal Express Checkout:

* An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

Then this is emailed to me below as reported from my Debug Mode email sent to me from the Paypal Website Payments Pro module by Dynamo Effects (paypal_wpp_1.0.1):

* In function: ec_step1()

Would this error have anything to do with the includes/classes/payment.php page? I see at the bottom of this page that the text ec_step1()

is listed. I tried to remove it, but no change.

3rd Problem:

I also found another error that shows up after running my wpp_diagnostics.php. When I run it everything checks out ok except I get these errors:

Did PayPal respond without errors? (If not, errors are below) No

Error #1: Internal Error (10001)

Internal Error

Error #2: Internal Error (10001)

Internal Error

Again the Paypal Direct payment works perfect.. the Checkout express doesn't work at all... and I am getting the above errors along with the one out of the diagnostics.php

You are the man if you can help

Tell me a little about your server. Is it Apache running on Linux? What version of PHP are you using? Is your https address the same as your http address or are you using a shared cert? Is the site public where I could see it?

I thought that the ec_step1() error message would be more detailed now when PayPal doesn't respond. Very strange, I'll look into it.

The 10001 error is very common in the Sandbox and just means that PayPal's servers experienced an unexpected error and didn't know how to handle it.

Try testing it in the live environment and see if Express Checkout starts working.

I get this error when I click on the "Whats This" link on the checkout page

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /includes/paypal_wpp/cvv2info.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.isorm.com Port 443

I have also removed the .htaccess files

Brian,

Answers inline below to your Qs..

Tell me a little about your server. Is it Apache running on Linux? Platform: Debian

What version of PHP are you using? PHP version = 4.4.7

Is your https address the same as your http address or are you using a shared cert? No they are quite different. I am using a shared certificate on fatcow.com

Is the site public where I could see it? Yes I can send it to you. Is there somewhere I can send it to you in a private message somehow?

The 10001 error is very common in the Sandbox and just means that PayPal's servers experienced an unexpected error and didn't know how to handle it. Try testing it in the live environment and see if Express Checkout starts working.

--- I will give this a try tonight when I get home from my day job:) and let you know if this goes away.

The 10001 error is very common in the Sandbox and just means that PayPal's servers experienced an unexpected error and didn't know how to handle it.

Try testing it in the live environment and see if Express Checkout starts working.

Brian - You were correct.

Problem #1 - Solved:

I changed my site to LIVE and ran the wpp_diagnostics.php test tonight and it all checked out with Success and no errors.

Problem #2 - still exists

Checkout with Paypal Express doesn't work at all... previous mentioned errors still exist.

Problem #2 - still exists

Even after removing the .htaccess files from the includes and paypal_wpp directories, I am still getting this error below when I click the "What's this?" link next to the Credit Card Security Code on the checkout_payment.php

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:

This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

I was wondering if anyone had a problem using the paypal express checkout

for some reason, after the customer logs into paypal and then press continue, they're redirected to my site with an empty shopping cart. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@StLouis: One problem is that I didn't see an Express Checkout button anywhere on the site, which means that the installation might not be completed. Your problem is most likely related to your configure.php file. Very rarely is it setup correctly to use shared certificates.

@natasha21: That's a session problem stemming from a misconfigured configure.php file.

Both of you: Post your configure.php files down to the DIR_WS_INCLUDES line so that I can take a look.

@StLouis: One problem is that I didn't see an Express Checkout button anywhere on the site, which means that the installation might not be completed.

Brian, --- I went back in and enabled the Express Checkout feature. I had it turned off until I can get it fixed. Check it again.

Both of you: Post your configure.php files down to the DIR_WS_INCLUDES line so that I can take a look.

[/quote

I will send you a private message with my config file

ok i have this installed and when i click the paypal icon at the checkout i get this error:

PayPal WPP installation incomplete! There should be XML files located in /home/mysitetext/includes/wpp_xml/ !

(setExpressCheckout.xml)

the xml files were uploaded to /includes/paypal_wpp/xml/ (like the contrib has them) and not /includes/wpp_xml/ like the error says....i did not do anything outside of what the installation instructions said....

any idea on what is wrong or what needs to be done to get this to work? :-"

thanks!

Very strange. Did you remember to overwrite the PayPal Pro module as well? That's one explanation I can think of.

Very strange. Did you remember to overwrite the PayPal Pro module as well? That's one explanation I can think of.

is that what the "default" paypal module is called that comes with oscommerce? if so, then no i did not. do i just delete the includes/modules/payment/paypal.php file?

if not, can you explain how i can remove the paypal pro module?

thanks!

Brian,

Do you have any other ideas on how to resolved my two problems:

Problem # 1:

Yes I am still having the same problem only when I click on the "What is This" link. The window pops up, but what I listed previously still shows up. I can try to go back and add the htaccess file back in and then I get the 403 forbidden error. I am not sure what to do. The rest of my website doesn't have any problems like this at all.

Problem # 2:

I am currently able to proceess through my website a PayPal Direct Payment and I get no errors in my oscommerce admin nor do I get them in my paypal sandbox site. However, whenever I try to process a Paypal Express Checkout I get some errors that I can't find a resolution to listed on the forums nor has paypal developer support been able to help.

Below is what is displayed as as error at the top of my website on my checkout_payment.php page (after I click Paypal Express Checkout:

* An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

Then this is emailed to me below as reported from my Debug Mode email sent to me from the Paypal Website Payments Pro module by Dynamo Effects (paypal_wpp_1.0.1):

* In function: ec_step1()

Would this error have anything to do with the includes/classes/payment.php page? I see at the bottom of this page that the text ec_step1() is listed. I tried to remove it, but no change.

No, unfortunately not. Did you have another PayPal Pro module installed before this one?