• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

I honestly don't know what's going on with that if it's not just a simple installation problem. This was developed in RC1 and then RC2 with register_globals initially off, then turned on and tested thoroughly and errors have always shown up on the checkout_payment.php page. The problem is either:

A) Not all code has been integrated

B) Another contribution is interfering

By the way, is register_globals on or off on your server?

at the server level register_globals is on

I also have the rc1 reg global fixes installed... I was wondering if having the server reg-globals on, with the patch installed, could be a problem

Error messages stopped appearing after the RC1 update was installed. I just noticed there is a rc2 now... do you know if any specific part of rc2 could be a fix for my issue?

-Dave

@jackcorbis: 1: The database table should be created when you install the module. Try removing it and then reinstalling it (in the admin -> modules -> Payment section)

2: Where any errors given? Are you on GoDaddy?

3: That is very strange. Do you have order statuses setup? See if it happens again after you reinstall the module.

4: Can you post the top part of your configure.php file like quantrum did?

Looks like there are some issues with stores installed within directories, so I'll setup another test store here and make sure it's working as it should.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

@Roaddoctor: That might be the problem. I remember reading that after installing the Register Globals patch that you cannnot have register_globals turned on. Try turning it off and testing your store again.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hey Brian,

1: fixed

2: I had the same error as quantrum but not anymore after trying post #3043, however, the checkout process just keeps looping now. My domain name is with godaddy, but my server is with websitesettings.com. I have a feeling that this error is somehow related to my heavily modified checkout_process.php

3: this is now fixed because of reinstalling the module, the options now show instead of textboxes

4: I think there might be a way to do it manually, here's my configure.php for frontend side (I took out my domain name so google wouldnt cache it here:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mywebsite.com'); // eg, [url="http://localhost"]http://localhost[/url] - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.mywebsite.com'); // eg, [url="https://localhost"]https://localhost[/url] - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mywebsite.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

I cant believe how simple the solution for 1 and 3 were

There are two problems with your configure.php file, but neither of them would cause that behavior. It's more than likely because your store is within another directory. Let me do a full test like I mentioned earlier and hopefully it'll start working. You should change the following two lines:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.mywebsite.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.mywebsite.com');

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I'm glad that the problems so far are fairly minute.

Hello Brian,

I have installed your latest contribution in my store (CRE Loaded Version 6.2 standard).

When I purchase something for the first time (no account with store) I go through the following steps:

Click on express checkout button from shopping cart->paypal->checkout_shipping->checkout_confirmation->checkout_success

And all works well. (Customer Account is created, email sent. etc)

However, if I try to purchase another item I am directed to the checkout_payment page (which is strange as I have opted not to show this page). This is the process

click on express checkout from shopping cart->paypal->checkout_payment->on confirmation get an error on this page saying "Please select a payment method for your order"....which is strange since I already chose paypal, and the checkout_payment page also says "You're currently checking out with PayPal Express Checkout!"

It seems that this error occurs for returning customers who log in to their account in my store. When I delete the customer, the error does not show.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

First of all I want to say thanks for developing such a great contribution.

Here is the problem that i am running in to:

Everything was installed fine (inserted everything because i have some other addons as well)

However, it hangs on wpp_diagnositcs

and the final order confirmation screen just takes a while and loads a plain white screen

If this helps:

After i first installed it i was receiving the same "foreach()" errors as Quantrum above.

it was fixed using the recommended bug fix.

My certificate is uploaded to the right location, so I am not sure where to look next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

After some searching i found the problem:

GoDaddy requires a proxy for curl.

After i set this in the admin options, everything seems to be working.

Thanks again for this great contribution!

First of all I want to say thanks for developing such a great contribution.

Here is the problem that i am running in to:

Everything was installed fine (inserted everything because i have some other addons as well)

However, it hangs on wpp_diagnositcs

and the final order confirmation screen just takes a while and loads a plain white screen

If this helps:

After i first installed it i was receiving the same "foreach()" errors as Quantrum above.

it was fixed using the recommended bug fix.

My certificate is uploaded to the right location, so I am not sure where to look next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

@kk5t: I'm still unable to replicate this behavior. I've tried it with register globals off and on. Does CRELoaded come with an alternative PayPal Pro module that could be interfering?

I did, however, notice another (old old old) problem with the billing address getting erased between the checkout_payment and checkout _confirmation page.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the problems have to do with the store in a directory. I'll test it tonight and hopefully have a new release later today.

Ah, that's the problem. You can't have a $0 item total while also having shipping charges. I'll look into a workaround.

Hey Brian

I have been slowly getting around to putting the new version online for our store, but have yet to get through everything. I was wondering if you could tell me if the new version works with CCGV(trad) installed? My problem dealt with $0 item totals while also having shipping charges, as mentioned above.

Thanks!

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry

Yeah, I added in support for that so that if the item total is 0 and the shipping charges are > 0, the shipping charges get moved to the item list and the "Shipping" cost field is set to 0. Basically the shipping charge looks like a purchased item. That was the only way I could get it to work, but it does work.

Greetings,

Gettings "XML document exists?" failures. The directory structure for new new contribution appears to be /includes/paypal_wpp/xml/ however the wpp diagnostics file looks for

if (!file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'wpp_xml/' . $xml_documents[$x])) {

hey - awesome contribution, but i have a problem on the admin side

whenever i go to the orders page, i get this at the top

Warning: main(/home/****/public_htmlincludes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/****/orders.php on line 17

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/****/public_htmlincludes/configure.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/****/public_html/****/orders.php on line 17

I'm not sure what's wrong because i haven't changed the configure files and they look okay

but everything is still okay at the bottom

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks!

@supernoc: That is strange because I updated the wpp_diagnostics.php file to do just that. I'll spend some more time on it.

@natasha21: The problem is a missing "/" in one of your defines in your admin configure files. If you can post the upper portion of admin/includes/configure.php (Above DIR_WS_INCLUDES), I can probably pick out the problem.

Greetings,

1. Just a side note....for my particular installation, I had to change all occurences of

include(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'configure.php');

to

include(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/' . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'configure.php');

2. Question - would you be so kind as to advise how to *not* place transaction details in a JSON format? I actually loved having the transaction ids in the comments, based on my particular installation.

Thank you!

@jackcorbis: No, I haven't had a chance to work on it yet.

@supernoc: 1) OSC expects that DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT ends with a forward slash. I'd suggest correcting your configure.php file instead of changing the code in this contribution because it's going to be harder to upgrade later on.

2) The transaction details aren't stored in JSON format. Where are you seeing JSON formatted data?

Edited by dynamoeffects

@supernoc: 1) OSC expects that DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT ends with a forward slash. I'd suggest correcting your configure.php file instead of changing the code in this contribution because it's going to be harder to upgrade later on.

Understood, however I will have to check how many contributions would be affected by this change. For now its easier for me to change 3 files, but I totally agree.

2) The transaction details aren't stored in JSON format. Where are you seeing JSON formatted data?

paypal_wpp_include.php (around line 88)

} else {
	  //Store transaction details in JSON format
	  $comments = $input['type'] . " " . WPP_REFUND_ISSUED . " " . $currencies->format($input['amount']);

I may be phrasing my question incorrectly, but my goal would be to have the transaction details viewable by clients, as was in your previous version. I understand not having the client view them is a new feature per the changelog, and an awesome change - but for my particular situation, i would like them to be able to view them.

Edited by supernoc

paypal_wpp_include.php (around line 88)

} else {
	  //Store transaction details in JSON format
	  $comments = $input['type'] . " " . WPP_REFUND_ISSUED . " " . $currencies->format($input['amount']);

I may be phrasing my question incorrectly, but my goal would be to have the transaction details viewable by clients, as was in your previous version. I understand not having the client view them is a new feature per the changelog, and an awesome change - but for my particular situation, i would like them to be able to view them.

Cancel that question, I see the transaction details are stored in a seperate table now, and i can easily copy them into the client comments, for my particular one-off situation. Thank you.

Hi there

I've been using this contribution for some time, with no problems, but a customer tells me today that he gets the following message when trying to pay using Express Checkout:

array(3) { ["faultcode"]=> string(15) "SOAP-ENV:Server" ["faultstring"]=> string(6) "ASSERT" ["detail"]=> string(233) "PPBaseException: UNKNOWN -- CheckAssert File: /x/sbuilds/x/builds/EBFBATCH_500_0211_int_509326_rebuild41/vobs/all/ppapi_v2/PABase.cpp Func: process Line: 513 Backtrace: 84c96a9 84c9639 84b183a 80ec945 80e9ea2 805a0d5 40bf49cb 8059aa1" }

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sandr/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:565) in /home/sandr/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Can anyone give me some insight into the problem please?

Simon

Hi there

I've been using this contribution for some time, with no problems, but a customer tells me today that he gets the following message when trying to pay using Express Checkout:

Can anyone give me some insight into the problem please?

Simon

I am having the same errors...and PayPal is acting strangely today.

I get frequent page not found errors when I try to log into my account.

When it does let me log in it doesn't show the latest transactions for quite a while - I get the "This list doesn't include your most recent account activity yet" message for two to three hours sometimes.

I will wager that the fault is at PayPal for the errors...

BFC

Edited by bfcase

It's

<?php

/*

$Id: configure.php,v 1.14 2003/02/21 16:55:24 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// define our webserver variables

// FS = Filesystem (physical)

// WS = Webserver (virtual)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.****.com'); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/****/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN);

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

thanks so much!

@luckyhuckster: Yes, the above error is one caused when PayPal has a bug in their code.

@natasha21:

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', '/');
define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '/');