• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

@Schadeboy: 1. That's a bug that will be fixed in the next version, which I've been hoping to release sooner rather than later. It's a pretty easy fix. Find these lines near about line 1073:

$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_NAME'] = '';
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ADDRESS1'] = '';
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ADDRESS2'] = '';
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_CITY'] = '';
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_STATE'] = '';
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ZIP'] = '';
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_COUNTRY'] = '';

and replace them with this:

$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_NAME'] = $order->billing['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->billing['lastname'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ADDRESS1'] = $order->billing['street_address'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ADDRESS2'] = $order->billing['suburb'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_CITY'] = $order->billing['city'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_STATE'] = $order->billing['state'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ZIP'] = $order->billing['postcode'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_COUNTRY'] = $order->billing['country']['iso_code_2'];

2. That's a modification that should be applied to checkout_payment.php, not the modules themselves. One option to combat that problem is this contribution that I developed a while back: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5285

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

@Schadeboy: 1. That's a bug that will be fixed in the next version, which I've been hoping to release sooner rather than later. It's a pretty easy fix. Find these lines near about line 1073:

$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_NAME'] = '';
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ADDRESS1'] = '';
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ADDRESS2'] = '';
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_CITY'] = '';
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_STATE'] = '';
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ZIP'] = '';
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_COUNTRY'] = '';

and replace them with this:

$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_NAME'] = $order->billing['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->billing['lastname'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_COUNTRY'] = $order->billing['country']['iso_code_2'];

2. That's a modification that should be applied to checkout_payment.php, not the modules themselves. One option to combat that problem is this contribution that I developed a while back: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5285

Dynamoeffects - I applied the change to the code, but it had no effect. I'm assuming the code is placed in paypal_wpp.php? I'm still getting the same string of error messages from PayPal saying I don't have a proper address. This works with no problems when I'm buying a real product. Any other ideas?

I will look at that other contribution, as well.

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry

Weird, this problem has been alleviated in 0.9.3 and I thought that was all that there is to it. Do me a favor and add this line right before those lines you just changed:

die(print_r($order));

You don't have to copy and paste it here if you don't want to, but tell me if the $order->billing block has customer data in it.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

No sorry, I don't see anything there that would explain why it's not working. This module takes the order total fed to it by osCommerce. Have you applied the bugfix to your checkout_process.php file by moving the $payment->before_process() line a few lines down?

Would there be any reason why after I moved the $payment->before_process() lines down to be after the $order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

that my credit cards are declining now, but if I place the $payment_modules->before_process(); line after the $order = new order; line, cards are accepted?

Weird, this problem has been alleviated in 0.9.3 and I thought that was all that there is to it. Do me a favor and add this line right before those lines you just changed:

die(print_r($order));

You don't have to copy and paste it here if you don't want to, but tell me if the $order->billing block has customer data in it.

I'm not sure if I'm giving you the right information here or not, but here goes. First, I get the same error set as before even after placing the code snippet you requested above in place. I have included a screen shot of the page that displays this error. Keep in mind that this screen was displayed AFTER I put in the die command above and reattempted to place an order with my credit card. There is nothing in the shopping cart accept a gift voucher.

ppwpp_ccgv_no_shipping_error.jpg

Also, here is the code from the section of paypal_wpp.php that you asked for me to replace. Let me know if I put it in the right place. I commented out the old code just so I could quickly replace it in the event that things didn't work.

$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_TOTAL'] = round($order_total['ot_shipping'] * $currency_value, 2);
  $order_info['PAYPAL_HANDLING_TOTAL'] = '';
  $order_info['PAYPAL_TAX_TOTAL'] = round($order_total['ot_tax'] * $currency_value, 2);

$order_total_check = $order_info['PAYPAL_ORDER_TOTAL'] - $order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_TOTAL'] - $order_info['PAYPAL_HANDLING_TOTAL'] - $order_info['PAYPAL_TAX_TOTAL'];

$pdi = $this->wpp_generate_PDI($order_total_check);
  $order_info['PAYPAL_ITEM_TOTAL'] = $pdi[0];
  $order_info['PAYMENT_DETAILS_ITEM'] = $pdi[1];

if ($order->content_type != 'virtual') {
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_NAME'] = $order->delivery['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->delivery['lastname'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ADDRESS1'] = $order->delivery['street_address'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ADDRESS2'] = $order->delivery['suburb'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_CITY'] = $order->delivery['city'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_STATE'] = $order->delivery['state'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ZIP'] = $order->delivery['postcode'];
	$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_COUNTRY'] = $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'];
  } else {
	//$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_NAME'] = '';
	//$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ADDRESS1'] = '';
	//$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ADDRESS2'] = '';
	//$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_CITY'] = '';
	//$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_STATE'] = '';
	//$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_ZIP'] = '';
	//$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_COUNTRY'] = '';
	die(print_r($order));
  }

I did not see anything that specifically looked like what you asked for, so I'm wondering if that whole ELSE section is even being processed?

Thanks for your time on this! I do appreciate it.

Edited by Schadeboy

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

Also, in an attempt to provide as much information as possible, I'm going to post the error dump from PayPal. I have annotated with "(my note -" any comments that I have added to the information. All security and personal information - aside from my address (for troubleshooting purposes) - have been removed. I hope.

In function: before_process() - Direct Payment
Did first contact attempt return error? Yes
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------DP_DUMP-------------------------------
------------This is the information that was sent to PayPal----------
[?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?]
[soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"]
[soap:Header]
[RequesterCredentials xmlns="urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI"]
[Credentials xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents"]
[Username]***[/Username]  (my note - username info removed by me)
[Password]****************[/Password]  (my note - pw info info removed by me)
[Subject][/Subject]
[/Credentials]
[/RequesterCredentials]
[/soap:Header]
[soap:Body]
[DoDirectPaymentReq xmlns="urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI"]
[DoDirectPaymentRequest]
[Version xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents"]2.0[/Version]
[DoDirectPaymentRequestDetails xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents"]
[PaymentAction]Sale[/PaymentAction]
[PaymentDetails]
[OrderTotal currencyID="USD"]25.00[/OrderTotal]
[OrderDescription]Order placed on January 17, 2008, 10:16 am by Brian Schade (ID: 7)[/OrderDescription]
- Hide quoted text -

[ItemTotal currencyID="USD"]25[/ItemTotal]
[ShippingTotal currencyID="USD"]0[/ShippingTotal]
[HandlingTotal currencyID="USD"][/HandlingTotal]
[TaxTotal currencyID="USD"]0[/TaxTotal]
[Custom]Phone: ***-***-**** -- Email: ************[/Custom]  (my note - phone and e-mail info removed by me)
[InvoiceID][/InvoiceID]
[NotifyURL][/NotifyURL]
[ButtonSource][/ButtonSource]
[ShipToAddress]
[Name] [/Name]
[Street1][/Street1]
[Street2][/Street2]
[CityName][/CityName]
[StateOrProvince][/StateOrProvince]
[PostalCode][/PostalCode]
[Country][/Country]
[/ShipToAddress]
[PaymentDetailsItem][Name]$25.00 Gift Voucher - Test Only DO NOT BUY![/Name][Amount currencyID="USD"]25.00[/Amount][Number]49 (GIFT25)[/Number][Quantity]1[/Quantity][/PaymentDetailsItem]
[/PaymentDetails]
[CreditCard]
[CardOwner]
[Payer]****************[/Payer]  (my note - e-mail info removed by me)
[PayerName]
[FirstName]Brian[/FirstName]
[LastName]Schade[/LastName]
[/PayerName]
[Address]
[Street1]4905 Vespucci Dr.[/Street1]
[Street2][/Street2]
[CityName]Sierra Vista[/CityName]
[StateOrProvince]AZ[/StateOrProvince]
[PostalCode]85635[/PostalCode]
[Country]US[/Country]
[/Address]
[/CardOwner]
[CreditCardType]Visa[/CreditCardType]
[CreditCardNumber]****************[/CreditCardNumber] (my note - cc info removed by me)
[StartMonth][/StartMonth]
[StartYear][/StartYear]
[IssueNumber][/IssueNumber]
[ExpMonth]**[/ExpMonth]  (my note - cc info removed by me)
[ExpYear]****[/ExpYear]  (my note - cc info removed by me)
[CVV2]***[/CVV2]
[/CreditCard]
[IPAddress]***.***.***.***[/IPAddress] (my note - IP address removed for security reasons)
[MerchantSessionId]7bc9f80fecb1b7ff383790bb498c765e[/MerchantSessionId]
[/DoDirectPaymentRequestDetails]
[/DoDirectPaymentRequest]
[/DoDirectPaymentReq]
[/soap:Body]
[/soap:Envelope]---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------FINAL_REQ-----------------------------
-------------------This is the response from PayPal------------------
Array
(
[Security] =>
[RequesterCredentials] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[Credentials] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[Username] =>
[Password] =>
[Subject] =>
)

)

)

)

[DoDirectPaymentResponse] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[Timestamp] => 2008-01-17T17:16:59Z
[Ack] => Failure
[CorrelationID] => bc2faf83eecae
- Hide quoted text -

[Errors] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[ShortMessage] => Invalid Data
[LongMessage] => There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a complete shipping address.
[ErrorCode] => 10726
[SeverityCode] => Error
)

[1] => Array
(
[LongMessage] => There's an error with this transaction. Please enter an address1 in the shipping address.
[ErrorCode] => 10727
[SeverityCode] => Error
)

[2] => Array
(
[LongMessage] => There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a city in the shipping address.
[ErrorCode] => 10728
[SeverityCode] => Error
)

[3] => Array
(
[LongMessage] => There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a country in the shipping address.
[ErrorCode] => 10731
[SeverityCode] => Error
)

)

[Version] => 2.000000
[Build] => 1.0006
)

)

)

---------------------------------TS_REQ------------------------------
--------Results of the transaction search if it was executed---------

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

Also, in an attempt to provide as much information as possible, I'm going to post the error dump from PayPal. I have annotated with "(my note -" any comments that I have added to the information. All security and personal information - aside from my address (for troubleshooting purposes) - have been removed. I hope.

I don't want to seem anxious here, but...okay, I'm anxious. This is the only thing that's stopping me from being able to make my CCGV(trad) a live thing on my shop, and we've had a lot of requests for it. But I also understand that many of us have lives (whether I have one is debatable), so I suppose I should just chill and be patient.

Thanks again!

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

Let's try one more thing. In the module, right above this line:

add this line:

die(print_r($order));

What I'm most interested in seeing is what the content_type is. Also if any weight is associated with that order.

Let's try one more thing. In the module, right above this line:

add this line:

die(print_r($order));

What I'm most interested in seeing is what the content_type is. Also if any weight is associated with that order.

Okay, I placed the code where you asked. After trying to make a purchase - JUST a voucher and no other items in the cart - the system bypassed the shipping page as expected. When I entered my CC info and then confirmed the order, a page with the following was presented:

order Object ( [info] => Array ( [order_status] => 14 [currency] => USD [currency_value] => 1.00000000 [payment_method] => Credit or Debit Card [cc_type] => [cc_owner] => [cc_number] => [cc_expires] => [shipping_method] => [shipping_cost] => [subtotal] => 50 [tax] => 0 [tax_groups] => Array ( [Unknown tax rate] => 0 ) [comments] => [total] => 25 ) [totals] => Array ( ) [products] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [qty] => 2 [name] => $25.00 Gift Voucher - Test Only DO NOT BUY! [model] => GIFT25 [tax] => 0 [tax_description] => Unknown tax rate [price] => 25.0000 [final_price] => 25 [weight] => 0.00 [id] => 49 ) ) [customer] => Array ( [firstname] => Brian [lastname] => Schade [company] => [street_address] => 4905 Vespucci Dr. [suburb] => [city] => Sierra Vista [postcode] => 85635 [state] => Arizona [zone_id] => 4 [country] => Array ( [id] => 223 [title] => United States [iso_code_2] => US [iso_code_3] => USA ) [format_id] => 2 [telephone] => XXX-XXX-XXXX [email_address] => [email protected] ) [delivery] => Array ( [firstname] => [lastname] => [company] => [street_address] => [suburb] => [city] => [postcode] => [state] => [zone_id] => [country] => Array ( [id] => [title] => [iso_code_2] => [iso_code_3] => ) [country_id] => [format_id] => ) [content_type] => virtual_weight [billing] => Array ( [firstname] => Brian [lastname] => Schade [company] => [street_address] => 4905 Vespucci Dr. [suburb] => [city] => Sierra Vista [postcode] => 85635 [state] => AZ [zone_id] => 4 [country] => Array ( [id] => 223 [title] => United States [iso_code_2] => US [iso_code_3] => USA ) [country_id] => 223 [format_id] => 2 ) ) 1

Keep in mind that the spots where you see the letter X is information that I chose not to have publicly displayed here. The phone number and e-mail address that were displayed in the raw code were correct, though. I have kept my address information in place so as to show you the information that I think you needed.

Oh, and I hope you didn't take too much offense at my last post. I really didn't mean to sound rude or impatient. Even though I was. But if I offended, I do apologize.

Let me know if there is any other information you need from me.

Edited by Schadeboy

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

Nope, wasn't offended. I understand how frustrating it can be at times.

Aha, there's your problem. You have some mysterious content_type of "virtual_weight," which is not standard with osCommerce. That's why that original fix didn't work.

In the module, try changing this line:

to this:

if (strpos($order->content_type,'virtual') === false) {

That should make it work again. If it works correctly, I'll add that change to the trunk as it should work for everybody.

Nope, wasn't offended. I understand how frustrating it can be at times.

Aha, there's your problem. You have some mysterious content_type of "virtual_weight," which is not standard with osCommerce. That's why that original fix didn't work.

In the module, try changing this line:

to this:

if (strpos($order->content_type,'virtual') === false) {

That should make it work again. If it works correctly, I'll add that change to the trunk as it should work for everybody.

This looks like it did the trick! I've got to test the coupon part of things, but I think we're in good shape. Thank you so much!

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

dynamoeffects,

Would there be any reason why after I moved the $payment->before_process() lines down to be after the $order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

that my credit cards are declining now, but if I place the $payment_modules->before_process(); line after the $order = new order; line, cards are accepted?

Nope, because what you're doing is fixing a long-standing bug in osCommerce that was fixed with RC1. I really don't know why that's causing cards to be declined. What error are you getting?

Nope, because what you're doing is fixing a long-standing bug in osCommerce that was fixed with RC1. I really don't know why that's causing cards to be declined. What error are you getting?

I have a small but weird issue in Express Checkout. A customer reported about using Credit Card (instead of PayPal account balance) and when it reaches the confirm screen, it throws an error. It happens to only 1 in 10+ cases. The address is confirmed and the delivery address matches the credit card. Anyone else getting this error? I was wondering whether it is a PayPal fault or a profile settings issue? The admin settings are 'Yes' for verified accounts and confirmed address. *puzzled*

- The Jackal

Can you ask the customer to cut and paste the exact error? Also turn on debug mode so that you'll receive error messages.

Note to everybody: Development is ramping up again tomorrow and I'm going for a 1.0 version. Please list any outstanding bugs you're experiencing.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Dynamoeffects,

You stated that WPP takes the order total from oscommerce so points/rewards should be factored in. Points/rewards has its own order total module entry in admin called "points redemptions". Also, in the WPP file you have code for a CCGV integration. Wouldn't points/rewards need its own integration just like that. When I see the following, it appears to me there should be something similar for points/rewards:

$output .= '<PaymentDetailsItem>';
	  $output .= '<Name>Discount Coupon ' . $coupon_details . '</Name>';
	  $output .= '<Amount currencyID="' . $currency . '">-' . $coupon_total . '</Amount>';
	  $output .= '<Number>' . $coupon['coupon_code'] . '</Number>';
	  $output .= '<Quantity>1</Quantity>';
	  $output .= '</PaymentDetailsItem>';
	  $total -= $coupon_total;

Dynamoeffects,

You stated that WPP takes the order total from oscommerce so points/rewards should be factored in. Points/rewards has its own order total module entry in admin called "points redemptions". Also, in the WPP file you have code for a CCGV integration. Wouldn't points/rewards need its own integration just like that. When I see the following, it appears to me there should be something similar for points/rewards:

$output .= '<PaymentDetailsItem>';
	  $output .= '<Name>Discount Coupon ' . $coupon_details . '</Name>';
	  $output .= '<Amount currencyID="' . $currency . '">-' . $coupon_total . '</Amount>';
	  $output .= '<Number>' . $coupon['coupon_code'] . '</Number>';
	  $output .= '<Quantity>1</Quantity>';
	  $output .= '</PaymentDetailsItem>';
	  $total -= $coupon_total;

I have some new data that may help:

With the $payment_modules->before_process(); code moved down, the cards only are being declined when I select to use a points discount. The exact error I receive is:

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Invalid Data (10520)

This transaction cannot be processed. Please review the totals of this transaction and resubmit.

When I don't click to use the points, the cards work fine. This is showing that its not the before process fix that caused the

card declines, the fix actually got the points totals to kind of work, it changed the order total somehow problem is it doesn't match which paypal is expecting thus the "Please review the totals of this transaction and resubmit."

Around line 943 in the WPP code you have a section that says:

"//If there is a discrepancy in the order total, fix it here

//$item_total doesn't need to be converted because it's sent converted"

It seems like this code section isn't working with points/rewards possibly.

Note to everybody: Development is ramping up again tomorrow and I'm going for a 1.0 version. Please list any outstanding bugs you're experiencing.

woopie! I am looking forward to it. Many thanks for the great support and work!

By the way, would 1.0 have the option of just express checkout without paypal direct? It will save some money for people like me who don't need Paypal direct.

Edited by TheJackal

- The Jackal

Yep, that will be optional in the next version.

@oschelp: I really don't know what's going on, but I'll take a look. It should show up as an order total discrepancy in the itemized list.

dynamoeffects,

All I get is that "Invalid Data (10520)

This transaction cannot be processed. Please review the totals of this transaction and resubmit." error when I select to use points and then pay. I don't see any itemized list discrepancies.

Let me know if there is any other information you require that could help you.

DynamoEffects - I am in need of implementing an Address2 line in my address books on my store. I've got a contrib that will help me do this, but I am concerned that I might need to do something special with your PayPal contrib. Do you have any suggestions or guidance?

Thanks!

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

Why not just enable the Suburb line from your admin? Works great for an "Address 2" line.

Man, I didn't even see this option! I knew there was a reason why I pay you!

...wait...

Just kidding. Seriously, I didn't even consider this. I will have to check it out. I may have to relabel it so that people understand it can be used as an Address 2 line.

Thanks!

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry