• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Hi everyone,

Hi all,

I am still having problems with shipping tax and wpp here are the symptoms:

-Tax is computed correctly on shipping and appears in the total and displays correctly on invoices

-Tax is computed correctly on shipping and appears in the total for money orders

-Tax is computed correctly and appears for normal paypal payments only when set to be computed in paypal but appears correctly on invoices

-Tax sent to paypal in WPP is only computed for the item cost and it is added into total; Tax sent to paypal in WPP for shipping is not added into total; Shipping is added into total; Invoice and total show correct amounts paypal only collect Item Cost + Item tax + Shipping cost. Paypal does not collect Shipping Tax in WPP payments. This happens with all shipping modules USPS, Table etc.

Is the wrong variable being sent in wpp? Where do I find the variable for shipping tax shipping total in paypal_wpp. What is the correct variable name to be sent?

Do others have this issue????

Can someone tell me if this problem got fixed? I'm getting the exact same behaviour and can't find solution anywhere.

dmason2 placed a solution here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=794979 but I don't know were to put the code he described since it doesn't resemble anything that is found in the latest contributions.

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

@colassalrims: You're using PayPal's version of the module and will need to contact them for support.

@vmpg: I wasn't aware that there is still a shipping tax issue. That code you're referring to is far too old to be integrated into the latest module. I've added it to my todo list. In the meantime, try out this fix and let me know if it helps:

In paypal_wpp.php, change this line:

$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_TOTAL'] = round($order_total['ot_shipping'] * $currency_value, 2);

to this:

$ship_id = substr($GLOBALS['shipping']['id'], 0, strpos($GLOBALS['shipping']['id'], '_'));
$shipping_tax = tep_get_tax_rate($GLOBALS[$ship_id]->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
$order_info['PAYPAL_SHIPPING_TOTAL'] = round(($order_total['ot_shipping'] + tep_calculate_tax($order_total['ot_shipping'], $shipping_tax)) * $currency_value, 2);

That's a modification of dmason's code, but untested and not sure if it actually works.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Unfortuantely I am not having a lot of luck here.

The last 3 days I have people not being able to complete transactions for various reasons although I have had no error dumps.

Is anyone else having these issues? I have contacted paypal and they say there is nothing wrong with my account but yet all these people are failing at some point.

I'm desperate to sort this as I'm losing fortunes,

Thanks

The last 3 days I have people not being able to complete transactions for various reasons although I have had no error dumps.

Is anyone else having these issues? I have contacted paypal and they say there is nothing wrong with my account but yet all these people are failing at some point.

Thanks

Is your problem with express checkout or credit card payments? PayPal have totally stripped out my site and I am having to do a new re-install from scratch to see if the PayPal issue can be resolved.

regards

Liz

Liz

A very appreciative member still attempting to climb the steep learning curve!

Thanks

Do you use USPS for shipping? if so there has be an issue here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=251683

After months of trying to figure this out, I thought I'd make a post. This fatal error appears every other 24hr period. It works then it doesn't, consistently.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/p/i/l/pilotdave/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp/PayPal/CallerServices.php163

We have not changed the SDK files at all. On line 163 on the CallerServices.php we have $this->_logger->log('DEBUG setEndpoint: '.$this->_endpoint, PEAR_LOG_DEBUG);

Anytime we go through the last step of check out or click on the Paypal button to check out through Paypal, we get this error (every other day). Our store is carbodykitstore.com .

What can be causing this? What needs to be done to fix it? We are in desperate need of help.

Thanks in advance,

David

Edited by pilotdave

I got problem with payment using Maestro/Switch & Solo Cards (UK). Every single time after payment status is set to 'Authorization' instead of 'Completed'.

Visa, MasterCard are working fine.

I'm using 0.9.2.

ps. any way to put Visa/Delta/Visa Electron support as well into plugin ?

Regards,

Pat

I got problem with payment using Maestro/Switch & Solo Cards (UK). Every single time after payment status is set to 'Authorization' instead of 'Completed'.

Visa, MasterCard are working fine.

That's only me being stupid. Just captured funds on paypal. Works fine.

Regards,

Pat

That's by design. Switch/Solo cards can only be authorized, not captured according to PayPal's documentation. It's a limitation in their API.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

//Solo and Switch cards can only be authorized and the currency must be GBP
  if ($order->info['cc_type'] == 'Switch' || $order->info['cc_type'] == 'Solo') {
	$data['PAYPAL_PAYMENT_ACTION'] = 'Authorization';
	$data['PAYPAL_CURRENCY'] = 'GBP';
  } else {
	$data['PAYPAL_PAYMENT_ACTION'] = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_PAYMENT_ACTION;
	$data['PAYPAL_CURRENCY'] = $this->wpp_get_currency();

Will try with that code here, prob will sort out that problem.

Well, there are two explanations:

1) AMEX cards aren't supported for UK merchants.

2) This module uses the US API, and perhaps the US API doesn't support GBP for AMEX cards.

AMEX cards are supported for UK merchants, I've checked on the paypal website but your second point could very well be more accurate.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

//Solo and Switch cards can only be authorized and the currency must be GBP
//	if ($order->info['cc_type'] == 'Switch' || $order->info['cc_type'] == 'Solo') {
//		$data['PAYPAL_PAYMENT_ACTION'] = 'Authorization';
//		$data['PAYPAL_CURRENCY'] = 'GBP';
//	} else {
	$data['PAYPAL_PAYMENT_ACTION'] = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_PAYMENT_ACTION;
	$data['PAYPAL_CURRENCY'] = $this->wpp_get_currency();
//	}

This allows to add payments from Maestro(Switch)/Solo automaticly without any need to capture them later in Paypal.

Hello,

I got a problem when using this module.

When the customer choose Express Checkout,

the shipping fee will be fixed and lower than the original shipping fee.

Anyone can help me? or tell me which file may cause this error?

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you.

You're using PayPal's version of the module, you'll need to ask them for help.

i just want to confirm that my paypal wpp is working correctly or not. when the person chooses to "check out with paypal", they are sent to paypal to login screen, and once logged in is directly transfered to the "Review Your Information - Paypal" screen which has the shipping address, the funding source, and then you click on "continue".

my question is this .. does it not show through paypal what the subtotal, tax, and total is before you checkout? or when you click on "continue" it returns to the main website where it will show all of that?

Yes, that is correct. The total, subtotal, shipping charges, and tax are shown on your site. The trip to PayPal is only to authenticate the user and to have them select a shipping address.

Hello,

Thank you.

I had a similar experience only I had no shipping added and a technician at PayPal along with an integration expert had to make alterations to several files, but I have not been made privy of what they have changed. Perhaps if you go through to technical support and ask for Danny he may be able to help you.

regards

Liz

Liz

A very appreciative member still attempting to climb the steep learning curve!

Hey... got an issue that just showed up out of the blue and wanted to run it by you (I'm *sure* I've seen this discussed before, but I haven't been able to find it in older threads)...

I've got 0.9.2 installed, everything's been working smoothly for months... payments with credit cards runs fine, but now when someone uses Paypal Express Checkout, everything goes through ok except the actual paypal transfer doesn't take place. The last time I was testing on the site (with CCGV) was in mid-September, and everything worked like a champ so I'm stumped what the problem could be (or if it's just Paypal acting up on their side). No errors show up, just no money getting moved.

I haven't made any major changes in the checkout code since then (I just looked over the changes I did with a File comparison tool, and they were all cosmetic), just hoping someone can suggest a possible avenue to look at.

And a side note, thanks for all the work on this contribution... it's a great bit of work.

Brian

Hello, all you happy people.

I have been using this contribution quite successfully for nearly a year, and I am quite satisfied with it. Mr. Dynamoeffects has provided quite the contribution here, and I'm thrilled that he is providing continued support for it.

This morning, I got the most bizarre error notification when someone tried to process an order. It actually happened three times, but since then I've not seen it. The error is as follows:

In function: before_process() - Direct Payment

Did first contact attempt return error? Nope

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------DP_DUMP-------------------------------

------------This is the information that was sent to PayPal----------

-------------------------------FINAL_REQ-----------------------------

-------------------This is the response from PayPal------------------

Array

(

[faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Server

[faultstring] => ASSERT

[detail] => PPBaseException: UNKNOWN -- CheckAssert File: /x/sbuilds/x/builds/live-495_int_451970_rebuild41/vobs/all/ppapi_v2/PABase.cpp Func: process Line: 513 Backtrace: 84fd6d9 84fd669 84de80a 821d186 821a694 805ace5 40bf69cb 8056d61

)

---------------------------------TS_REQ------------------------------

--------Results of the transaction search if it was executed---------

Array

(

[faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Server

[faultstring] => ASSERT

[detail] => PPBaseException: UNKNOWN -- CheckAssert File: /x/sbuilds/x/builds/live-495_int_451970_rebuild41/vobs/all/ppapi_v2/PABase.cpp Func: process Line: 513 Backtrace: 84fd6d9 84fd669 84de80a 821d186 821a694 805ace5 40bf69cb 8056d61

)

I've never seen this issue before, and my customer reported seeing a similar set of "garbage" information on her screen. Thankfully, this error hasn't cropped up since. We introduced a new product today on our site and the damned thing skyrocketed the traffic to our site by a million percent (believe it or not, it was a simple piece of jewelry). We've seen an increase in our orders of 5 times - we're used to processing 20 orders a day and today it hit well over 100 - just because of piece of jewelry. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining in the least. It just amazes me what can be in demand in this world.

Anyway, could anyone possibly shed some light on what's going on when this error crops up?

Thanks!

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry