• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Ah, in that case, no it's not currently possible, but it's on my todo for the next version of the module.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Thanks dynamoeffects for looking into this...

I just checked as well, and I do have it set to "On (Required Field)" ... I'll check with Paypal on that.

As for the other comment, I still think I'm being unclear.

In a nutshell, if a customer pays directly on my website with a credit card ( AKA Direct Pay ), I want the email to say "CREDIT CARD"

If they pay with Paypal ( AKA Express Checkout) I want the email to say "PAYPAL EXPRESS CHECKOUT"

See what I mean?

Changing MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_TITLE only fixes 1/2 my problem. I have already changed that to "CREDIT CARD", however, even if customers pay with Express Checkout, their email still says "CREDIT CARD". :(

Thanks again for your patience!! :thumbsup:

Sure it is possible though the answer is two years old which may be why dynamoeffects forgot about it :)

For the answer see post #47 by SteveDallas in this thread.

Works great for me.

One thing to remember though is that when upgrading to a newer version of the module you will need to edit the changes back in again - unless dynamoeffects makes it an included feature in future new versions of course.

Wow, great memory. I just thought about how simplistic the module was two years ago -- amazing how far it's come.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Sure it is possible though the answer is two years old which may be why dynamoeffects forgot about it :)

For the answer see post #47 by SteveDallas in this thread.

Works great for me.

One thing to remember though is that when upgrading to a newer version of the module you will need to edit the changes back in again - unless dynamoeffects makes it an included feature in future new versions of course.

WOW... thanks for the post!!! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've looked through over 50 pages of this thread and can't find my answer....forgive me if it's on one of the 60+ pages I didn't read.

I just installed the latest version (From July 1st), and I'm up to step 6 of the directions - enable and configure module in your administration section. My problem is this - it's not listed in my administration section, under modules, under payment. I even went back and completely removed the paypal option that comes with OSCommerce thinking that may be causing the problem....nope, no dice.

My shopping cart is heavily modded, so I pulled up each of the files in the zip file in Beyond Compare and copied over the new information into the existing file. I went back and double checked them all - I don't appear to have missed anything.

Does anyone have any idea what would prevent the module from showing up in the admin section?

Sounds like you didn't upload the module.

The paypal_wpp module in the catalog/includes/modules/payment - right? It's in there....even uploaded it again just to make sure...

After your reply I went through and made sure everything was uploaded, and it's all there.....it's just not showing up in the admin section for some reason...

Perhaps your host has a special https folder that you need to upload it to as well -- I've seen that more than once. If you're not seeing the module listed there, it's one or both of these reasons:

1) The module wasn't uploaded to the correct folder.

2) Your store is so customized that this module won't work without customization

Upload wpp_diagnostics.php and tell me what that says.

@kingscomputers: It's because cURL is not enabled on your account. You need to contact your web host about it.

Hi dynamoeffects,

I know it has been a while cause I have been trying to install google checkout and that messed up all my websites so now i am back on paypal express. I have to say I am still getting error here is the following error i get when i click on check out:

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /var/www/virtual/kingscomputers.co.uk/htdocs/demo/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php on line 575

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/virtual/kingscomputers.co.uk/htdocs/demo/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php:575) in /var/www/virtual/kingscomputers.co.uk/htdocs/demo/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

And I have to say I have curl installed on my server and I have 2 other websites on the same server one on zen cart (www.pcez.co.uk) the other on oscommerce (www.adwebtiser.com/demo) and they both are working fine with curl and have paypal express installed on them. you can check it for yourself its only here : (www.kingscomputers.co.uk/demo) that it dont work.

Thank you again,

Hoda

Ah, ok so it's just that curl instruction that's causing issues. You're using PayPal's version of the module, so the best course of action would be to contact their support about it as I don't know anything about their module anymore. This thread is for the support of this module: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

The module at the link above will probably work for you out of the box since it doesn't even use the FOLLOWLOCATION instruction.

Hi All,

I have the same problem that Andy has. Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

-Tim

Hey Guys,

This is an amazing contribution, i have it fully working however when people purchase virtual items such as gift vouchers etc, when using paypal payment pro which is our most popular payment method we get the following errors come up:

Error #1: Invalid Data (10726)
There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a complete shipping address.

Error #2: Invalid Data (10727)
There's an error with this transaction. Please enter an address1 in the shipping address.

Error #3: Invalid Data (10728)
There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a city in the shipping address.

Error #4: Invalid Data (10731)
There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a country in the shipping address.

This does not happen when using other payment methods. Could anybody please provide any help or advice on what is actually causing this, and what i need to do in order to fix it please. many thanks and i really really appreciate your help!

Ah, ok so it's just that curl instruction that's causing issues. You're using PayPal's version of the module, so the best course of action would be to contact their support about it as I don't know anything about their module anymore. This thread is for the support of this module: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

The module at the link above will probably work for you out of the box since it doesn't even use the FOLLOWLOCATION instruction.

Thanks for the reply, The module that you have given me will indeed work with my website but there is a slight problem as i told u before i have a zen cart website that uses paypal express checkout and the type of API creditential that it uses is not the same as this module. This module downloads the creditential but that one uses a password and because they both use the same paypal account, I cant have two types of creditential so thats why i cant use yours unless there is a way of having two type of API credits with one paypal account i would defenetly go for it.

I dont know if you got what i ment so sorry if it is abit confusing.

Thanks again,

Hoda

I believe you can have two modes of authentication, but you shouldn't need it if you only have one store. This module will NOT work natively in Zen Cart, though.

You'll need to search google or Paypal's site directly for where to find PayPal support.

I am having an odd, very intermittent problem with the payment process since adding paypal_wpp to process credit cards. Once in a while (4 times out of several hundred orders) a sale is completed with no payment data at all. All credit card data, even the payment method, is erased. Yet the order completes and goes to checkout_success, sends emails, etc. just like everything is fine. (No payment was processed at paypal, no error dump, no error messages back to the customer.) The only reason I know that it is happening on credit card payments is from talking to the customers to try and get the information from them again (Talk about sounding like fraud in the making!) Never had this issue with the standard cc.php module.

Any one have any ideas?

Great module but still struggling to get it operational.

I keep getting this error when trying to checkout in the Sandbox:

Error error:14094418:SSL routines:func(148):reason(1048) (Error No. 35)

I think it has something to do with my configuration. Can you explain the difference in the configuration between live paypal and the sandbox. For instance, in the sandbox I get a SIGNATURE to configure. But in live Paypal, I've requested and got a CERTIFICATE to use (BTW - the configuration_key field for the certificate was not included with your latest release - that took some debugging to figure that one out).

So to me, these are "totally" different configurations and getting it to work in the Sandbox does not mean it will work in production - because of the configuration. So an elaboration on these two differences will go a long way.

For instance, in the Sandbox where I have been given a signature, do I have to make sure to get rid of the CERTIFICATE I got from live Paypal? Remember, I have the certificate installed in my production and test environments since I want both to be identical so that onces I get it to work in my test environment I can move everything over to production.

Similarly, in production, do I just put the certificate in the right location, set the CERTIFICATE value for the configuration key, and also REMOVE or BLANK out the SIGNATIVE configuration key?

@TeaGUY: The only time I've heard of something similar, it turned out that the COD or CC payment module was also installed, and the customer was using that. Do you have only Paypal Pro installed?

@galto: Error 35 means that it can't find the certificate file. Sounds like you're using PayPal's version of the module, so I would suggest questions and bug reports go to them. This support thread is for this module: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

Hi there

Not sure if this is to do with this module, which incidentally has been installed and worked without a hitch for about a year now.

Its since IE7 has become more popular. I am getting people say that they are unable to complete payments and oftent he checkout success crashes and doesn't load to confirm their order.

This doesn't appear to be the case with everyone running IE7 though. Is it related to this module at all? Paying via paypal express checkout works ok

Thanks a lot

Olly

Hey Olly, good to hear! When it's a single browser causing problems, the first thing I'd look for are javascript errors. Without being able to replicate the error, it's nearly impossible to know what's going on.

Hi Brian

Glad to see you are still keeping up the excellent support work.

I'll have to scan through the relevant pages for any javascript then! Maybe its just my site rather than a larger scale issue!

Thanks for the response.

Hi dynamoeffects,

I found the solution although its not a perfect solution but it works for now. Turns out the module supplied by paypal has a bug and no one has found the currect replacement but here is the temperory solution:

Basically I had to go to /PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php on line 575 and commented the line: curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);

and now it works.:D

Regards,

Hoda

@galto: Error 35 means that it can't find the certificate file. Sounds like you're using PayPal's version of the module, so I would suggest questions and bug reports go to them. This support thread is for this module: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

Not sure why you would say that. I've installed "PayPal Website Payments Pro (US/UK) by dynamoeffects v0.9.2" I originally had installed the paypal version and then saw other posts where you stated the same thing. I then got rid of Paypal's version and installed yours.

I can still use help with my problem. The production PayPal supports a certificate but PayPal sandbox doesn't and only gives a Signature to use instead. Again, these are then different configurations so getting one to work doesn't mean the other will work. My objective right now is to get it to work in the sandbox first. Any help would be appreciated. :'(

Signature-based authentication is the scheme used by PayPal's version of the module, so that's why I referred you to them. This module does not use signature-based authentication at all, so you can just delete it in both the sandbox and production environments and create certificates.

Signature-based authentication is the scheme used by PayPal's version of the module, so that's why I referred you to them. This module does not use signature-based authentication at all, so you can just delete it in both the sandbox and production environments and create certificates.

Great - it's making more sense to me. I probably have "left-overs" from when I installed the Paypal version first. I'll wipe out all the configuration_keys that start with 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP' and then reinstall your module (via the admin/modules panel).

But it still leads to a question/confusion I have. The Live PayPal interface uses a certificate (or signature). I already got the API credentials there with the certificate. But the Sandbox does not - it only uses the signature. So what certificate do I use for the Sandbox? The same one I got from the live paypal interface?

@TeaGUY: The only time I've heard of something similar, it turned out that the COD or CC payment module was also installed, and the customer was using that. Do you have only Paypal Pro installed?

teaGuy reply: cc module is still installed but disabled. Never have used COD. Other active modules are cc/gv and check/money order. The thing that really puzzles me is the payment method being blank. Seems to me that should cause the page following its disappearance to redirect back to checkout_payment. The only thing I have found in the code that clears the payment method is a line that clears the payment method if $credit_covers is set by the discount module (we don't use the gift voucher portion), indicating no additional payment is needed. Seems like a long shot as the source of the problem, but I guess I'll have to look at it a little harder.