• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Dear forum members, i have oscommerce 2.2 with many mods...one mod is making me problems with wpp 9.

it is the easy checkout mod, when i use the direct payment it's working perfectly but when i click the "checkout with paypal" (paypal express checkout)' i first

get redirected to the paypal website to login which is good, then when i hit "review payment" paypal send me back to "checkout_shipping.php" and there i see:

"You're currently checking out with PayPal Express Checkout!

Click Here to choose another payment method.

Continue Checkout Procedure

to select the preferred payment method. "

then when i hit "Continue Checkout Procedure", it takes me to the same page with the same message...nothing really happens sad.gif

Shouldn't i get transfered to checkout_confirmation.php when paypal redirect me to review the payment?

whet on earth can cause this problem?

btw, i tried reverting the "easy checkout contrib" to use the actual files from wpp 9 and the express checkout worked but other thing didn't...

Please help me, i am willing to pay if it's necessary!

Thank you!

Sorry Ron, I have no experience with integrating easy checkout with WPP. In the normal checkout routine, it would skip the payment page unless you have CCGV, in which case it will take you to the payment page, but hide the payment options. I'd offer to help personally, but I'm completely booked up at the moment with about 6 websites in the pipeline.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I finally found the problem with our cart was all on paypals end. The account approval did not go all the way through the process like it should've. But I have another question. When a user gets to the payment information page the blue button that says continue is way down below and most people do not see it without scrolling down. I want to put it up next to the checkout with paypal button. If you could just point me to the page that has that particular code on it I can probably get that figured out on my own.

Don't do 0.01 checkouts as they almost always end with errors. Charge at least $1.

OK I really have two problems. I have finally got my shopping cart to actualy take direct payments with wwp! AND THAT WAS NOT EASY. Now I have a just as big problem. I went to create a test account to buy somethings (luckily I had others) but when I did and hit continue I got this:

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_paypal_ec' in 'field list'

select customers_id as id, customers_paypal_ec as ec from customers where customers_email_address = '[email protected]'

Now I'm not very good at this but I believe its got something to do with my database. When I installed the contrib. paypal wpp I went to MyPHPAdmin and imported my database. Well, during this process it came back with an error saying customers database does not exist. Well, being the simple problem fixer i am i just created a customers database. So i'm not sure if thats where my problem is or what. someone please help my store is ready to start accepting orders but this holds it up.

Kenneth L. Argabright

www.BargainGiftsStore.com

[email protected]

- E-mail me for special savings for osCommerce users!

If you're getting that error, it means you're not uploading the file into the correct database. Select the database in the dropdown on the top left side of phpMyAdmin until you see "Customers" listed on the left below it. Then import the sql file.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I have installed the PayPal WPP 9.2 module and it works 100% on my local test environment but when I move the code to the hosting company SiteGround. It does not work correctly. The diagnostic file I executed it says everything is installed correctly, but after I perform a direct payment and click the Confirm Order button, the payment and order goes through and I get the confirmation emails but I’m taken to a Page not found 404 error instead of the confirmation payment success page. In my test environment this works with out a problem at all. Any ideas?

Site name: notjustmattresses.com you can play around since it is in a sandbox mode.

Thanks

The path is correct to the certificate file and the configuration is correct as well. the diagnostic comes back as being correctly installed

https://www.notjustmattresses.com/wpp_diagnostics.php

the payment goes through, the money is added to my PayPal account and the order confirmation is sent to the customer the only things that does not happen is I’m not taken to the checkout_success.php page after, I remain on the checkout_process.php page and get a 404 page not found error.

This is only happening at the hosting server, in my development environment on my local desktop I’m not seeing this issue. I’m think there is a path that is hard coded somewhere in the contribution, but I’m not sure where to look. Hope to get some suggestions.

Thanks

If you're getting that error, it means you're not uploading the file into the correct database. Select the database in the dropdown on the top left side of phpMyAdmin until you see "Customers" listed on the left below it. Then import the sql file.

Dynamo Thank You so much. I fixed the problem...i didnt' realize there were other databases within the drop down items in MYphpadmin. Thank you so much. Now everything works fine. Except the confirmation page. It just takes them back to an empty shopping cart. Should I add text to that page? Reading the .php it looks as if there would be more info there. anyway thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Kenneth L. Argabright

www.BargainGiftsStore.com

[email protected]

- E-mail me for special savings for osCommerce users!

@doogie18: No, you must have either deleted checkout_success.php or messed up the redirecting code in checkout_process.php.

@doogie18: No, you must have either deleted checkout_success.php or messed up the redirecting code in checkout_process.php.

@dynamo: The files are identical on my development server and live hosted server, but it only does not work on the hosted server, on the dev server it works perfectly. Can it be a security setting on the hosted server? Its just odd since the payment does go through and the confirmation emails do go out, it is just not taking the users to the last success page. Any other thoughts?

Then you must have not updated your configure.php file correctly. This module has nothing to do with the redirection from checkout_process.php to checkout_success.php nor have any code that would cause behavior like this.

Then you must have not updated your configure.php file correctly. This module has nothing to do with the redirection from checkout_process.php to checkout_success.php nor have any code that would cause behavior like this.

Here is the config file, I think it is setup correctly since everything else work correctly. Can it be a SSL issue?

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.NotJustMattresses.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.NotJustMattresses.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.NotJustMattresses.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.NotJustMattresses.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

let me know if you see something that is not correct.

Thanks for your help.

Hmmm, post the bottom part of your checkout_process.php script where it redirects to checkout_success.php

Hmmm, post the bottom part of your checkout_process.php script where it redirects to checkout_success.php

checkout_process.php

// load the after_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->after_process();

$cart->reset(true);

// unregister session variables used during checkout

tep_session_unregister('sendto');

tep_session_unregister('billto');

tep_session_unregister('shipping');

tep_session_unregister('payment');

tep_session_unregister('comments');

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>

Just to give you a little more info on my setup. The store is in the root of the domain. The SSL certificate is mine, it is not shared. I have a static IP address for the hoisting.

I have tried turning SSL off and seeing if I get the same error and I do.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hello,

I have the Express Checkout / Website Payment Pro module installed and working on my site (http://www.mjmautohaus.com) flawlessly.

I do, however have one concern/question. It seems to only allow users to check out if the email linked to my store's database is identical to the email they will try to use to pay for at paypal's website. If the emails are not correct it brings them back and asks them to choose a different payment method (along with error #10417). I called paypal and they said that there wasnt anything abnormal? My question is this: Is there a way to bypass this and allow them to use whichever email they want on our site? For example, the email on our database could be [email protected] and the email at paypal is [email protected] and I would still want the transaction to take place.

Thanks!

Also, I just received this error dump:

[shortMessage] => Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

[LongMessage] => The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

[ErrorCode] => 10413

[severityCode] => Warning

@dynamo

Hi, I did a little more debugging and I’m loosing the page when the PayPal module is making the final call to

$final_req = $this->wpp_execute_transaction('doDirectPayment', $order_info);

it looks like the checkout_process.php page is timing out waiting for response back from the PayPal module. checkout_process.php make a call to $order_totals = $order_total_modules->process(); and then never gets back to the checkout_process.php page before it times out, I’m guessing the function is still running since I do get the email confirmations but the page times out and does not redirect to the checkout_success.php

do you have any idea on how to extend the time out of checkout_process.php? I think that may fix the issue that I’m having.

Thanks for your help

A timeout is much different than a 404 page, which is what you original stated. You shouldn't need to extend the timeout length for cURL because it's already set to 2.5 minutes. If there's no response by that time, the problem is with your server.

Are you a GoDaddy user? Are you sure curl is enabled? If you're an APlus customer, you have to specifically request access to the IPs you want to connect to. Also make sure the path to your certificate is correct.

A timeout is much different than a 404 page, which is what you original stated. You shouldn't need to extend the timeout length for cURL because it's already set to 2.5 minutes. If there's no response by that time, the problem is with your server.

Are you a GoDaddy user? Are you sure curl is enabled? If you're an APlus customer, you have to specifically request access to the IPs you want to connect to. Also make sure the path to your certificate is correct.

The error that I get is page can not be found, but it looks like it is caused by a timeout maybe.

I’m hosting with SiteGround, and cURL is enabled.

When I click on the confirm button, the page starts loading, then after about 10 seconds I get the page not found error.

You can try it for your self since I’m using the sandbox and see what happens.

Thanks,

-Alex

It shouldn't make any difference.

I'll be honest, I'm stumped on this one. The wpp_diagnostics.php script completed fine on the live store, but the transaction dies during checkout? There's something very specific that's throwing off your installation and not something I can diagnose from here.

It shouldn't make any difference.

I'll be honest, I'm stumped on this one. The wpp_diagnostics.php script completed fine on the live store, but the transaction dies during checkout? There's something very specific that's throwing off your installation and not something I can diagnose from here.

@Dynamo,

Just got off the phone with the hosting company and it is a problem on there end they need to open a port and IP for me to be able to make the calls. Do you know what port I need for PayPal is it 443? For both sandbox and live? Also you wouldn’t happen to know the IP addresses that the module calls?

Thanks for your help

@Dynamo,

Just got off the phone with the hosting company and it is a problem on there end they need to open a port and IP for me to be able to make the calls. Do you know what port I need for PayPal is it 443? For both sandbox and live? Also you wouldn’t happen to know the IP addresses that the module calls?

Thanks for your help

You having problems getting the WPP contribution working ?

I'm hosted with siteground and have had no problems installing this and it works fine?

Hi again, hoped I wouldn't have cause for further help, but here I am. This would appear to be a totally seperate issue...

When choosing Paypal Express Checkout from our cart, I am;

1. Bounced to Paypal,
  2. Login to paypal
  3. Click 'Review Payment' button
  4. Bounced to my site @ checkout_shipping.php
  5. Choose shipping option, continue
  6. checkout_payment.php loads...

At this juncture I can no longer continue with the order; if I try to continue it complains no CC number has been entered as Direct Payment seems to be the option selected. If I enable and click the Paypal Express Checkout button on checkout_payment.php, it appears to merely refresh the page.

Additionally, Express Checkout: Display Payment Page is set to 'No' in my admin/module settings, so I'm suprised to see this page at all.

Checking out with CC payment from the cart works swimmingly.

Any clue as to what's going wrong with EC?

Thanks, Andy

That sounds like a code integration issue. Download a program like BeyondCompare and go through each of the checkout_* pages to ensure that they were correctly modified.