• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

You appear to be using the PayPal module that comes with the osC release. It isn't very good, and doesn't post the orders to your database unless the customer presses the button to return to your shop at the end of the transaction at PayPal. There are several hacks to fix this behavior, but you would be better off using a different module.

Search the payment module contributions for PayPal. If you are happy with sending your customers to PayPal for their credit card purchases, use the PayPal Express Checkout IPN module by AlexStudio or the osCommerce PayPal IPN module maintained by Terra.

If you want to accept credit cards directly from your shop, PayPal has a service called Website Payments Pro. This service costs $20/month and requires you to put Express Checkout buttons at the top of your checkout process. In this case, download and install the contribution listed in post #1 of this topic.

--Glen

Thanks. I downloaded the osCommerce Paypal IPN. :-) I'm glad I finally have an answer. I'll maybe do the Website Payments Pro after I generate some income :-) Thank you.

Christina

@georgecvsc: PayPal's official version is a fork of 0.7.3 found in the contributions section on this site.

@phi148: If you want to hide that information altogether, you need to edit your order history page to not display order comments.

@zeeshop: I know very little about PayPal's official version as it's deviated quite a bit from 0.7.3. Support questions regarding their version should be directed to PayPal.

@wizard907: No.

@Diskology: 1) No, the API cert is something you download from inside your account at PayPal. 2) Admin -> Modules -> Payment -> PayPal Direct Payments 3) This module no longer uses PEAR modules, so that information is outdated.

Thanks Dynamoeffects.

I was trying this oficial paypal module and there are few issues which i am strugling to resolve through paypal.

I can go back to your latest release of accepting payments any time, which I find more usefull.

Just to make sure and confirm Can you please advise/explain me few things which I found usefull in PAYPAL official releaase. other than that it seems paypal trying to control my shop.

1 When Customer add something in his cart , in shopping_cart.php can customer get a {checkout wit Paypal} button, when customer click this button he goes to paypal website to verify his account and then return back to my shop where his account automatically created and customer User Name and PASSWORD sent by email for logging in future and also to check account/products status.

after comming back to my website and adding more items customer then go to shipping method selection page (checkout_shipping.php) after selecting preferable method he then go straight to checkout_confirmation.php.

Dynamoeddects, I know your contribution does most of these thing but I am not sure if your system send email to newcustomer with details when account created by paypal.

and also Checkout with pay button comes to shopping cart page instead of login page.

I always appretiate your responce and help for us.

Thanks abd regards

zee

At present this express checkout button is on login page. I want this in shopping_cart.php.

I have a UK Pro account - my developer installed this contribution into Creloaded 6.2 and it seems to be working fine for Visa and Mastercard - great..

I got a few 10568 errors (This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid credit card start year.

) but I solved this by changing the valid from year from yy to yyyy.

I then got some errors with the issue number so I changed the issue number from an input textbox to be a dropdown select box which fixed issues with one digit issue numbers.

Now it's these two i'm stuck on...

My personal Maestro card - I have tried selecting Switch and Solo but both give this error message: Error code 10534 - This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid credit card number and type.

My customers American Express - gets this error message when using my default currency GBP: Error code 10558 - Your processor is unable to process the Card Type in the currency requested. Please try another card type.

Can anyone help with these?

Finally I use regular PayPal as the other payment option (express is hidden for now) can anyone recommend an ipn that works well with UK Pro direct payment? Echecks and refunds become very annoying without it..

Does anyone know how to change the name of the payment method as it appears to the customer on the checkout page? For example, right now it says "PayPal Direct Payment" but I figure this would be confusing to customers who just want to pay with a credit card. I want it to just say "Credit Card Payment". Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

@Diskology: 1) No, the API cert is something you download from inside your account at PayPal. 2) Admin -> Modules -> Payment -> PayPal Direct Payments 3) This module no longer uses PEAR modules, so that information is outdated.

Thanks for your reply, dynamoeffects. I'm beginning to think I was passed some older code to implement (I did not download it), but in my admin it says, "PayPal Website Payments Pro U.S." The store's owner was referred to this Module by Paypal and handed it off to me. I presume what I have is different/older than this one? I'm getting a blank page when I try the Paypal payment link on my store.

I can uninstall what I've done and install this Module, would that be the best idea?

Thanks, again.

Thanks for your reply, dynamoeffects. I'm beginning to think I was passed some older code to implement (I did not download it), but in my admin it says, "PayPal Website Payments Pro U.S." The store's owner was referred to this Module by Paypal and handed it off to me. I presume what I have is different/older than this one? I'm getting a blank page when I try the Paypal payment link on my store.

I can uninstall what I've done and install this Module, would that be the best idea?

Thanks, again.

Thanks, again.

Hi Dynamoeffects,

I uninstalled official release from paypal and back to your paypal version, Every thing I asked in my last post is working a way I was looking for.

Only change I made is I just put Checkout with paypal button in shopping cart instead of login page.

You are great programmer.

Take care

Zee

@G123: You might have found a limitation with UK merchants using the US API. You should probably switch to PayPal's official UK version or edit your cc_validation.php file to remove the ability to accept Amex.

@peachlotus: Edit the fields in your /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php file.

@Diskology: More than likely you're using PayPal's version of the module.

@zeeshop: Good to hear. A button on the shopping cart page will be a feature that I'll add in the next version.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hi

I keep getting this prob at the end of the checkout: Field format error: 10713-There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a country in the billing address - which I can't get rid of, even when reinstalling everything. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Thanks

keep getting this prob at the end of the checkout: Field format error: 10713-There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a country in the billing address

I have had a long story with this one over the last week.

So lets begin

I downloaded PayPal WPP Uk from paypal and installed

Got the error

Invalid vendor account

After uninstalling ect I final got round to emailing paypal to find out that even in test mode my account was not set up correctly.

Once that was sorted I then porceeded to test and got the next error

Field format error: 10744

This is an invalid country code. With a bit of a hack I was able to get passed that to then get the following error

Field format error: 10711
and then
Field format error: 10710

Which are invalid state and city.

Its draggin on a bit now so lets cut to the chase.

in paypal_wpp_uk.php at line 375 I have inserted

'COUNTRY' => $order->billing['country']['id'],
'STATE' => $order->billing['state'],
'CITY' =>$order->billing['city'],

which now brings me to a new error message of 10501, which basically means my account is not setup correctly, so I am having to wait again on PayPal to get back to me.

Hope this helps as I have been..... Well lets just say i am glad its comming to an end. :thumbsup:

in paypal_wpp_uk.php at line 375 I have inserted

'COUNTRY' => $order->billing['country']['id'],
'STATE' => $order->billing['state'],
'CITY' =>$order->billing['city'],

Hi

This is fantastic. So far getting error free transactions. Thanks for your help!

I have installed the UK Payments Pro & Express Checkout (with accounts) from PayPal and it seems to be working. I had to download a UK counties list for the zones and managed to add that to the shop database (a minor miracle for me i might add) Now my only issue is this - customers have to reinput their address if they are in the UK to show the new county or the PayPal bounces back (sigh is there a way I can do this for them working in the database to save frustrated customers emailing me?) and when they add the county to their address instead of showing the county name on their address it is showing the 3 letter abbreviation. Is there a way to make it show the county name ?

Simple instructions please as I'm not technically proficient at all and got a headache trying to get the Express Checkout to work yesterday.

I am running OSCMax 1.7 which is OSC 2.2 based.

Thank you for any help you're able to provide,

Kristina

when they add the county to their address instead of showing the county name on their address it is showing the 3 letter abbreviation. Is there a way to make it show the county name ?

I have come up with a solution to the code issue.

in includes/functions/general.php

around line 524 change

$state = tep_get_zone_code($address['country_id'], $address['zone_id'], $state);

to

$state = tep_get_zone_name($address['country_id'], $address['zone_id'], $state);

Hope this helps

I have an issue with credit cards getting declined but the banks still processing the charge.

I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere, I searched and found nothing.

This happens to about 3 - 5% of our customers (maybe more, but they don't call us). The basic deal is they get a "Filter Decline" error on the website, they call in and I try virtual terminal and get the same thing.

Then they call their bank to find out the payment had been authorized several times (because it was attempted several times) but our system (osCommerce and PayPal) shows nothing. These authorizations are in some "pending" state that the bank drops off as unclaimed after a few days. The banks say that there is nothing wrong (no errors) on their end and its just a matter of our system needing to come claim the charge.

Is this anything to do with this module? Does anyone have any tips to resolve this issue?

Thanks

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

-- George Bernard Shaw

By the way, here is a list of PayPal Error codes / API Error Codes / API Errors:

https://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic_api-errors.html

You may find them useful.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

-- George Bernard Shaw

I have an issue with credit cards getting declined but the banks still processing the charge.

I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere, I searched and found nothing.

This happens to about 3 - 5% of our customers (maybe more, but they don't call us). The basic deal is they get a "Filter Decline" error on the website, they call in and I try virtual terminal and get the same thing.

Then they call their bank to find out the payment had been authorized several times (because it was attempted several times) but our system (osCommerce and PayPal) shows nothing. These authorizations are in some "pending" state that the bank drops off as unclaimed after a few days. The banks say that there is nothing wrong (no errors) on their end and its just a matter of our system needing to come claim the charge.

Is this anything to do with this module? Does anyone have any tips to resolve this issue?

Thanks

This happens to me on occasion. I hope I can explain it clearly. When you submit a card to PayPal, it sends an authorization request to the bank that issued the card. The issuing bank responds with an approve/deny status, as well as address verification system, expiration date and CVV2/CVC match codes. PayPal, as the payment gateway, has the option to deny the transaction based on the these codes. If the transaction fails the address, expiration date, or CVV tests, PayPal will report a "Gateway Decline" to you, even though the issuing bank has issued an authorization. Open, uncaptured, authorizations are no big deal on credit cards, as all they do is tie up your credit line, and banks routinely allow open authorizations above your credit line. However, it is a different story with debit cards. On a debit card, an open authorization reduces your available balance until either the authorization is captured, or it expires. Gateway declines cannot be captured, so one has to wait until they expire.

--Glen

It says, "Filter Decline." Perhaps that has to do with your filters in your PayPal account being set too stringent.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I have inserted the Paypal Pro module into my oscommerce site and my headers, footers, and site navigation boxes disappear.....is there any kind of bug that effects index.php or am i just not installing it right??

I have inserted the Paypal Pro module into my oscommerce site and my headers, footers, and site navigation boxes disappear.....is there any kind of bug that effects index.php or am i just not installing it right??

It didn't happen to me, so I'd say you've probably missed something in installation.

Simon

Open /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php and find these lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
- <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
- <soap:Header>
- <RequesterCredentials xmlns="urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI">
- <Credentials xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
 <Username>my_api_userid</Username> 
 <Password>my_api_password</Password> 
 </Credentials>
 </RequesterCredentials>
 </soap:Header>
- <soap:Body>
- <DoExpressCheckoutPaymentReq xmlns="urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI">
- <DoExpressCheckoutPaymentRequest>
 <Version xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">2.0</Version> 
- <DoExpressCheckoutPaymentRequestDetails xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
 <PaymentAction>Sale</PaymentAction> 
 <Token>my_token</Token> 
 <PayerID>my_payerid</PayerID> 
- <PaymentDetails>
 <OrderTotal currencyID="USD">21.51</OrderTotal> 
 <OrderDescription>Order placed on June 22, 2007, 8:06 pm by my_name (ID: 2)</OrderDescription> 
 <ItemTotal currencyID="USD">15.25</ItemTotal> 
 <ShippingTotal currencyID="USD">5</ShippingTotal> 
 <HandlingTotal currencyID="USD" /> 
 <TaxTotal currencyID="USD">1.26</TaxTotal> 
 <Custom>Phone: my_phone -- Email: my_email_address</Custom> 
- <ShipToAddress>
 <Name>my_name</Name> 
 <Street1>my_address</Street1> 
 <Street2>my_city</Street2> 
 <CityName>my_city</CityName> 
 <StateOrProvince>CA</StateOrProvince> 
 <PostalCode>my_zip</PostalCode> 
 <Country>US</Country> 
 </ShipToAddress>
- <PaymentDetailsItem>
 <Name>Trail-Rite Magical Ointment</Name> 
 <Amount currencyID="USD">15.25</Amount> 
 <Number>28{2}5 ()</Number> 
 <Quantity>1</Quantity> 
 </PaymentDetailsItem>
 </PaymentDetails>
 </DoExpressCheckoutPaymentRequestDetails>
 </DoExpressCheckoutPaymentRequest>
 </DoExpressCheckoutPaymentReq>
 </soap:Body>
 </soap:Envelope>

I am using a live PayPal account. Can you help me? I'm at a loss at this point.

It says, "Filter Decline." Perhaps that has to do with your filters in your PayPal account being set too stringent.
Thanks for that dynamoeffects and SteveDallas for the info. I guess that makes sense that its basically our system being more strict than the bank.

I did finally find the risk controls in PayPal. For future reference of anyone reading this they are here:

Profile > Selling Preferences > Risk Controls

These must be the ones that cause a "filter decline." You can adjust them but be warned that it exposes you to some fraud liability.

Edited by yomama360

-- George Bernard Shaw

I am getting the following message upon completion and submission of an order via PayPal:

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/dillon/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php on line 575

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dillon/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php:575) in /home/dillon/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

The order does get authorized as funds are deposited into the clients PayPal account and the customers credit card is charged. It looks like it's encountering a problem on returning back to the clients website to show order payment was approved.

Any suggestions?

One other thing, the order is not saved as completed. If I go back to Checkout, it is still there. If I click the Checkout with Paypal icon link, I get the same error message as above but if I go to my PayPal account, the account has NOT been charged so I guess the transaction may not be completing. Also, on the original attempt, it looks like the credit card was NOT charged. So at this point, I"m not sure exactly where it's going wrong.

I got my first order thru paypal and there is no information in admin what this customer bought.

Just got an email from paypal saying that a purchase has been done and the funds are available.

It did calculate shipping correctly, but it did obviously not register in admin.

Please help

Visit My Website