• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Hello and help! :sweating:

I have installed the WPP module and the diagnostic gives says yes on all the files being correctly installed, but ends there. I don't get the congratulations text.

I have tested out the checkout with the express pay button and the credit card option and both take a very long time to eventually ask me what firefox should do to open ec_process.php or checkout_process.php files and downloads empty files to my local machine.

I haven't much experience with php or oscommerce for that matter and I would really appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks in advance!

Figured it out! Whew - had to use a proxy since actnowdomains.com is an affiliate of godaddy.com.

Tanks anyway

Dave,

Take a look at the code in checkout_shipping.php that decides whether to display the EC button and do something similar. You probably want to do something like:

if(tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') {
 <<do something>>
} else {
 <<do something else>>
}

Replace <<do something>> with the code to say "you're using PayPal Express Checkout" and <<do something else>> with the Google Checkout button code. Be sure to switch out of PHP when you need to include literal HTML.

--Glen

thank you for the reply. I dont have a test server so could you tell me if this looks correct before I tinker with the live shop. Is it ok to have the consecutive else statemnts like they are? I am not very adept at php but learning in bits... From shopping_cart.php

<?php // Begin hide GC if PP token registered by BFD ?>
<?php		
if(tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') { ?>
  <tr>
	  <td align="center" style="font-size:14px; font-family: Arial, Verdana;"><b><?php echo TEXT_PAYPALWPP_EC_SWITCH_METHOD_1; ?></b><br><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'ec_cancel=1', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo TEXT_PAYPALWPP_EC_SWITCH_METHOD_2; ?></a>
	</td>
  </tr>
<?php
} else {
?>
<?php // End hide GC if PP token registered by BFD ?>
	<tr>
	<td>
<?php
// ** GOOGLE CHECKOUT **
// Checks if the Google Checkout payment module has been enabled and if so 
// includes gcheckout.php to add the Checkout button to the page 

$status_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_STATUS'");
while ($status = tep_db_fetch_array($status_query)) {
  $status_flag = $status['configuration_value'];	
}
if ($status_flag == 'True') {
  include('googlecheckout/gcheckout.php');
}
// ** END GOOGLE CHECKOUT **
?>
	</td>
  </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
  <tr>
	<td align="center" class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_CART_EMPTY))); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></form></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
</table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

Hi,

First off, thanks for such an excellent contribution... just have one question to throw out there before I try my hand at it here... we're using CCGV(trad) with WPP... works great now, but on the payment page, we've got the CC fields and the "Pay by Paypal" button which goes off to Paypal... if someone enters a coupon code at this stage it won't get added into the total...

I've got a couple ideas on how to get around this, but I wanted to ask first and save myself the extra work if possible. :)

Hi,

I noticed when my customer's pay with "Express Checkout" without creating an account, their telephone number does not seem to be entered when the account is automatically created for them.

Their address & order is recorded fine, only the telephone number is missing.

Is this how it should function or do I have something wrong?

Thanks!

Bill

Question #2

When I log on to Paypal's website, under the "profile" tab, I see the following option :

-----------------------------------------------

Instant Payment Notification Preferences

PayPal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN) allows you to integrate PayPal payments with your website back-end operations.

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Off

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL:

-------------------------------------------

Notice I have this turned OFF. I have had zero problems with this off... but now I am wondering, should I have turned this on? Also, if I do turn it on, what should I put for the URL and what will I gain from this feature?

Anyone?

Hi,

I noticed when my customer's pay with "Express Checkout" without creating an account, their telephone number does not seem to be entered when the account is automatically created for them.

Their address & order is recorded fine, only the telephone number is missing.

Is this how it should function or do I have something wrong?

Thanks!

Bill

This is how it functions, unless you change your PayPal profile to request or require the customer's phone number. Look under Profile -> Selling Preferences -> Website Payment Preferences. The last item on the page is "Contact Telephone Number".

--Glen

Hello Everybody:

When using this payment module, it saves most of the PP Express Checkout customer info. But what if they want to go back at a later time to view or change account information or order history?

The PPEC customer doesn't type in a password in the create account because it's bypassed. So how do they go back to check or change this info if they can't log in or is this the way PayPal wants it?

I will not be able to sleep at night until I get to the bottom of this? :)

Hello Everybody:

When using this payment module, it saves most of the PP Express Checkout customer info. But what if they want to go back at a later time to view or change account information or order history?

The PPEC customer doesn't type in a password in the create account because it's bypassed. So how do they go back to check or change this info if they can't log in or is this the way PayPal wants it?

I will not be able to sleep at night until I get to the bottom of this? :)

In the module preferences, there is an option labeled "Express Checkout: Automatic Account Creation". If this is set to "No", a temporary account is created for purposes of processing the order and deleted upon successful checkout. In this case, a customer cannot view his order history, unless he already has an account in your shop. A new account will be created each time someone without an account in your shop uses EC.

If the option is set to create an account, login credentials are emailed to the customer, just as though he had chosen "New Customer" on the login page. He will be able to view his order history and subsequent orders will be associated with that account.

--Glen

If the option is set to create an account, login credentials are emailed to the customer, just as though he had chosen "New Customer" on the login page. He will be able to view his order history and subsequent orders will be associated with that account.

--Glen

Thanks Glen for the quick reply...

I have it set to "create an account" it didn't work. I've been checking everything & just discovered that I'm not able to send e-mail to anybody at AOL. I added the AOL e-mail fix contribution & still no e-mails to AOL? I can't think of anything else can you?

I'm guessing that maybe the e-mail server's IP is blocked, I'm contacting AOL about it? I'm thinking this is the problem & as soon as I get it working I check it again. Maybe this is the source of the problem.

Thank You for all Your Efforts!!!!! :)

Empty Cart Problem

If I click on the "Return to blahcorp." link on the paypal express checkout page, it returns to my site but leaves the customer with an empty cart. Not good if they simply decided paypal wasn't what they wanted to do.

It works fine if you click the back button but loses the cart when the customer uses that nicely provided link. If you force cookies perhaps the paypal link would work but if I understand osc correctly it would fail for those with cookies disabled. Is there perhaps a way to disable that "Return to blahcorp." link?

Does anyone with a live site have this problem (I'm running in a XAMPP environment at the moment: localhost/catalog which is perhaps my problem).

I noticed back in November that this was discussed/mentioned but didn't see a solution (see quotes below).

Any comments Glen(SteveDallas) or Brian(DynamoEffects) (since you discussed it)?

I really appreciate all the effort that has gone into this contribution and this support forum. Thanks much! Gord.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(elcombs@ Nov 21 2006, 06:13 PM)

I installed 0.8.2 yesterday (fresh install, not upgrade) and everything seems to work except when the user chooses to cancel the express checkout from the paypal site. The user is returned to the login.php page, but the URL is missing the osCsid variable. If the user tries to go back to the shopping cart it says it is empty.

TIA,

Larry

(dynamoeffects @ Nov 22 2006, 04:13 PM) *

Fix your configure.php file so that you don't need the osCsid variable in the URL. Specifically, those related to your cookies.

(SteveDallas@Nov 22 2006, 08:56 PM)

QUOTE(dynamoeffects @ Nov 22 2006, 04:13 PM) *

Fix your configure.php file so that you don't need the osCsid variable in the URL. Specifically, those related to your cookies.

The tep_href_link() function automatically adds the osCsid when it is needed, as when the customer has disabled cookies in his browser. It appears that Brian is calling it correctly in paypal_wpp.php. Is it possible that PayPal deletes it?

--Glen

(dynamoeffects@Nov 23 2006, 12:48 AM)

Whoops, nevermind.

Empty Cart Problem (more data/info)

Okay here is some more information on the Empty Cart problem I reported above.

Step 1)

Start at home page of site. Not logged into site. No session id yet.

Add an item to the cart, click checkout (goes to login page).

Here is what is in the address bar before launching off to paypal:

//localhost/catalog/login.php?osCsid=a090cfda368786bfc265bc781abe1260

Step 2)

Click "checkout with paypal". (wait a bit)

Once at their site, click on "Return to xyz." (on the left near the bottom)

Here is what the link looks like after returning to the osCommerce site:

//localhost/catalog/login.php?ec_cancel=1%7Fa090cfda368786bfc265bc781abe1260&token=EC-8R4741312N422572Y

Note that the "osCsid=" has been replaced with "%7F"! If I go into the address bar and change "%7F" to "&oscSid=" all is well. The cart contents are still valid, osc happily uses the session id.

Now the question is: where/how is this getting munged up, and how does one fix it?? :blink:

Gord.

PS note I am using the developer sandbox, this is not a live site.

Edited by GM1

Does anyone with a live site have this problem (I'm running in a XAMPP environment at the moment: localhost/catalog which is perhaps my problem).

That's what I was about to ask you. Are you going to use XAMPP on your live site? If not, don't worry about it because when you move to Apache it should fix itself.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

That's what I was about to ask you. Are you going to use XAMPP on your live site? If not, don't worry about it because when you move to Apache it should fix itself.

Thanks for the reply Brian.

I am using Apache (part of XAMPP) but it could certainly be my test environment or some other hack/mistake I've done if no one else is having the same problem.

If anyone else has seen this please reply...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XAMPP uses Apache: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

XAMPP components

XAMPP combines many different sofware packages into one packet. Here's an overview over all packages.

Many thanks to the developers of these programs.

Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl, ProFTPD, phpMyAdmin, OpenSSL, Freetype, libjpeg, libpng, gdbm, zlib, expat, ming, Sablotron, libxml2, Webalizer, pdf class, ncurses, mod_perl, FreeTDS, gettext, IMAP C-Client, OpenLDAP (client lib), eAccelerator, mcrypt, mhash, SQLite, cURL, ZZIPlib, libxslt, phpSQLiteAdmin, FPDF

Sorry, I meant to say, "When you go to Apache in a Linux enviroment." Are you running it in Windows or Linux?

Also, what other contributions do you have installed? Some SEO-URL type modification could be causing the muckup.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

No, you can't have consecutive else statements. I think this might do what you're wanting:

<?php // Begin hide GC if PP token registered by BFD ?>
<?php		
$status_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_STATUS'");
while ($status = tep_db_fetch_array($status_query)) {
 $status_flag = $status['configuration_value'];	
}

if(tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') { ?>
  <tr>
	  <td align="center" style="font-size:14px; font-family: Arial, Verdana;"><b><?php echo TEXT_PAYPALWPP_EC_SWITCH_METHOD_1; ?></b><br><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'ec_cancel=1', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo TEXT_PAYPALWPP_EC_SWITCH_METHOD_2; ?></a>
	</td>
  </tr>
<?php
} elseif ($status_flag == 'True') {
?>
<?php // End hide GC if PP token registered by BFD ?>
	<tr>
	<td>
<?php
// ** GOOGLE CHECKOUT **
// Checks if the Google Checkout payment module has been enabled and if so
// includes gcheckout.php to add the Checkout button to the page

if ($status_flag == 'True') {
  include('googlecheckout/gcheckout.php');
}
// ** END GOOGLE CHECKOUT **
?>
	</td>
  </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
  <tr>
	<td align="center" class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_CART_EMPTY))); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></form></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
</table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->

No, you can't have consecutive else statements. I think this might do what you're wanting:

Awesome mucho thanks. I knew consecutive else's didnt seem correct. I just bought a PHP for Dummies book and will be reading it :P

I'll post back if it doesnt work/// Thank you again for your reply.

-Dave

Sorry, I meant to say, "When you go to Apache in a Linux environment." Are you running it in Windows or Linux?

Also, what other contributions do you have installed? Some SEO-URL type modification could be causing the muckup.

Hey Brian,

Running under Ubuntu 6.10 Desktop (not server). The fact that this isn't properly server configured could be my problem since I do have a problem where images are not showing up when I //192.168.x.y/catalog from another pc. In regards to search engine optimization, I have Chemo's SEO mod on my todo list but haven't done that yet.

Anywho, I'll backburner this problem for now and revisit it once I'm on a proper server.

Thanks again for your help,

Gord.

Is there an easy way to allow express checkout but disable direct payments?

(I overlooked the fact that direct payment only works in the USA, so now I have express checkout, very nice, but it disables at the same time, otherwise if I leave direct credit card payments enabled, customers will be rejected all the time.. (merchant country not allowed...)

Yes, use this contribution instead:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4791

That a nice one and it works, but the great thing :) about this contrib is that users that already have paypal and a shipping address can click express checkout before loggin in, so a n account is created from their paypal address. That is a good thing.

Your contrib could use an admin option to rule out direct payment by credit card maybe ? Then it could also be used in countries not allowed yet by paypal for direct payments..

AlexStudio took this contribution and pulled out the Express Checkout to create that contribution. He then went onto improving it so that it works better than my version. It should work exactly the same as Express Checkout in this contribution.

Ah, Brian, I removed PWA support in 'my' version, for keeping it as simple as possible.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi all, anybody has similar experience that the the shipping address returned by paypal express checkout can't be recognized by the shipping plug in and therefore tax can not be determined properly?

I have installed this module as well as Canada Post & UPS shipping modules. If I log into my account and do paypal express checkout, nothing will be wrong. However if I purchase without log into the site by using paypal express checkout, after returned from paypal the oscommerce won't recognize the shipping address paypal returned therefore the shipping and tax can not be determined.

Here is the link of my site (in live) so please let me know if you know what 's the problem:

http://www.btecomputer.com/

I suspect the problem is from the paypal_wpp.php but I didn't modify it at all.

Hi all, anybody has similar experience that the the shipping address returned by paypal express checkout can't be recognized by the shipping plug in and therefore tax can not be determined properly?

I have installed this module as well as Canada Post & UPS shipping modules. If I log into my account and do paypal express checkout, nothing will be wrong. However if I purchase without log into the site by using paypal express checkout, after returned from paypal the oscommerce won't recognize the shipping address paypal returned therefore the shipping and tax can not be determined.

Here is the link of my site (in live) so please let me know if you know what 's the problem:

http://www.btecomputer.com/

I suspect the problem is from the paypal_wpp.php but I didn't modify it at all.

Wayfinder,

I have encountered the same problem, determined its origin, and suggested a possible fix to Brian. The problem occurs when an existing customer uses Express Checkout. The WPP module winds up setting the address to the default shipping address on the account.

I know that Brian is busy with his regular work and doesn't have a lot of time to put into this module. I should have a block of time late this week to implement my idea and will submit it to Brian for review and inclusion in an update.

--Glen