• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

This forum is not for questions related to the official paypal versions. Look at the post immediately previous to your post

Thanks for the reply.

I'm happy to use which ever version (either the official PayPal or the dev version for this forum), but I still need to know if it will work with register globlas disabled. Does the dev version work with the UK API and register gloabls disabled?

I really don't know if the official version works with register globals off. I don't think all of the register_globals fixes were added until the 0.8 branch, and the official version is based off of 0.7.3, so unless they fixed the code, I'm going to say no. The US/UK version here reporteded still works, but it doesn't use the UK API.

Your best course of action would be to contact PayPal support and report the problem to them.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I really don't know if the official version works with register globals off. I don't think all of the register_globals fixes were added until the 0.8 branch, and the official version is based off of 0.7.3, so unless they fixed the code, I'm going to say no. The US/UK version here reporteded still works, but it doesn't use the UK API.

Your best course of action would be to contact PayPal support and report the problem to them.

Thanks for your reply

Sorry, but I'm having difficulty understanding which direction I should take at this point. I'm sure that other people must be in the same position. I need to make a choice between uninstalling the register_globals contribution and using the official PayPal module, or keeping the globals disabled and using the US PayPal module....

1. The register_globals_v1.5 instructions start with:

Having register globals enabled is a very serious security issue; it allows an attacker to inject

variables into the running PHP code. Just in case you don't realise, this is a VERY BAD THING.

The above makes sense to me, so I have installed the contribution. I want my site to be as secure as possible.

2. The official PayPal Payment Pro module's instructions contain the following line:

You will need to turn on register_globals and enable the mysql extension in php.ini, at a minimum.

I have spoken to PayPal who (obviously) told me to use their version. If I do so am I creating a less secure site? If I choose to use the non-official developer version is there a risk that the US API will stop processing UK payments in the future?

Are there future plans to integrate the UK API in your version?

The various bits of info seem to contradict one another, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

The US/UK version found here still works for UK merchants. It works with register_globals off, has more features than the official version, but has the downside of the possibility of PayPal blocking UK merchants from using it.

The official version is based off of v0.7.3 of this module, and apparently still does not work with register_globals off.

The UK API is completely different than the US API. Since this is developed in my freetime (which is always in short supply), if I ever incorporate the UK API, don't expect it to be done anytime soon.

You have three options:

1) Use the US/UK version found here. Will PayPal block UK merchants some day? Perhaps. But it will work without any modification required.

2) Use the official version and convince PayPal to update the codebase to work with register_globals off.

3) Use the official version and hire a developer to update the module to work with register_globals off.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Thank you SteveDallas I will DL this one and give it a try, heck if I could just find one that works I would be happy :)

I have the Paypal mod installed and tested it with this error. I dont know enough about OS or PHP to know how to fix this. Can any one tell me whats the deal / error mean and how can I resolve this.

I have the new ver of OS running on a raq4 under Linux with sql 5 and php 4 loaded. It seems to be a pear error so what is pear, I know perl not pear :)

Thanks

Steve

I am new to OS, have always used CC but they cant seem to work out the paypal issues so I am looking for a solution that can actualy work with paypal proactually

hi all,

i installed this contribution and it works as expected. thnx :)... but i had installed a handling fee contribution, adding a fee to the order total. the fee shows up in all of osCommerce, but not paypal.

what am i over looking?

thanks in advance,

a8le.

Thuan Nguyen

It seems that the "low order fee" module is not working with this paypal contribution as well. Is this a drawback to this contribution? Is there a work around?

Thuan Nguyen

Okay, One more thing... the contribution attached the transaction detail to the first comment of the order. This is okay, but I would be nice two leave a few line breaks between the two. Can someone tell me where the code for this is? Thanks, a8le.

Thuan Nguyen

It seems that the "low order fee" module is not working with this paypal contribution as well. Is this a drawback to this contribution? Is there a work around?

Did you apply the change to fix osC bug 1629 in checkout_process.php around line 49? This should fix the problem with the low order fee and the the handling fee. The bug fix moves the processing of order total modules before calling the payment module's before_process() function. This contribution includes a version of checkout_process.php that includes this fix.

The payment details are added to the order history right at the top of the function after_process() in paypal_wpp.php. This is the line in question:

tep_db_query("update ".TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY. " set comments = concat(if(trim(comments) != '', concat(trim(comments), '\n'), ''), 'Transaction ID: ".$this->trans_id."\nPayment Type: ".$this->payment_type."\nPayment Status: ".$this->payment_status.($this->avs != 'N/A' ? "\nAVS Code: ".$this->avs."\nCVV2 Code: ".$this->cvv2 : '')."') where orders_id = ".$insert_id);

Add another newline character (\n) right after "trim(comments)". To insert one blank line, change '\n' to '\n\n'. Add more newlines for more space.

--Glen

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sites/home/web/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 977

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sites/home/web/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 885

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/home/web/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:977) in /home/sites/home/web/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Now im here after installing and following the instructions can any one help??

Glen's instructions right above your post should apply to you as well.

Hi Glenn,

You are the man! Thank you so much. Luckily my problems were easy fixes. Anyways everything is working fine and dandy. I was going crazy for a while; happy now... :)

Oh, by the way, the code for the comments was in my paypal_wpp_base.php file.

Thanks again,

a8le

Thuan Nguyen

If possible, how can I prevent a Google Checkout button from appearing if a customer has already registered an PP Express Checkout session? (term is tokened?)

Specifically, when a customer chooses PP Express Checkout, upon being returned from PP to the store checkout_shipping page, they see the nice message

"You're currently checking out with PayPal Express Checkout!

Click Here to choose another payment method."

in place of the EC button. This is as it should be and all good.

But if they decide to backtrack to the shopping cart page, they still see a Google Checkout button, which I would rather they not see since they have already chosen PP Express Checkout.

Ideally, having the same PP EC message

"You're currently checking out with PayPal Express Checkout!

Click Here to choose another payment method."

in place of the GC button would be perfect.

The code in shopping_cart.php I need to modify is:

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Dave,

Take a look at the code in checkout_shipping.php that decides whether to display the EC button and do something similar. You probably want to do something like:

if(tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') {
 <<do something>>
} else {
 <<do something else>>
}

Replace <<do something>> with the code to say "you're using PayPal Express Checkout" and <<do something else>> with the Google Checkout button code. Be sure to switch out of PHP when you need to include literal HTML.

--Glen

Multi-vendor shipping might be the cause of your problem. I can't be certain, because I don't use it. Express Checkout works correctly for me. Once the customer logs into PayPal, they are returned to checkout_shipping to choose a shipping method.

As to your side note, consider the situation when the customer logs in with an empty cart. Once they add items to their cart and checkout, they don't get the Express Checkout button unless it appears on the shipping page. Every customer should be given the opportunity to select PayPal at some point during the checkout process; showing the button on the shipping page accomplishes that.

--Glen

I got it working!

I had to enable the Express Checkout: Display Payment Page option.

Brian

Hello Everybody:

I've installed the PayPal WPP Direct Payments 0.9.1 & everything works fine in the sandbox except for the Express Checkout...

When I get ready to confirm the order it gives me this error...

An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

Error #1: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. (10413)
The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

Error #2: Transaction cannot complete. (10417)
The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.

I found this http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...;hl=10413 at post 787, but it was not absolutely clear & confirmed the right way to do it?

I would really appreciate help on correcting this, I'm hoping to go live for the first time the first of this week! :)

Hello Everybody:

I've installed the PayPal WPP Direct Payments 0.9.1 & everything works fine in the sandbox except for the Express Checkout...

When I get ready to confirm the order it gives me this error...

An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

Error #1: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. (10413)
The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

Error #2: Transaction cannot complete. (10417)
The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.

I found this http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...;hl=10413 at post 787, but it was not absolutely clear & confirmed the right way to do it?

I would really appreciate help on correcting this, I'm hoping to go live for the first time the first of this week! :)

Error 10413 occurs because the sum of the values submitted for ItemTotal, ShippingTotal, HandlingTotal, and TaxTotal does not equal OrderTotal. In osC, this can happen when you are using certain modules that affect the order total and you did not apply the changes in the copy of checkout_process.php supplied with this module. If you already did this, please enable debugging and post the section of the error dump that begins with [PaymentDetails] and ends with [/PaymentDetails].

--Glen

Error 10413 occurs because the sum of the values submitted for ItemTotal, ShippingTotal, HandlingTotal, and TaxTotal does not equal OrderTotal. In osC, this can happen when you are using certain modules that affect the order total and you did not apply the changes in the copy of checkout_process.php supplied with this module. If you already did this, please enable debugging and post the section of the error dump that begins with [PaymentDetails] and ends with [/PaymentDetails].

--Glen

Thank You Glen for getting back with me so quickly...

I have edited the checkout_process.php page, I will check it & see if I can find out where I went wrong. If not, I'll be back!

--Glen

Hello:

I did not see error dump that begins with [PaymentDetails] and ends with [/PaymentDetails]?

This is what I received via e-mail ----> PayPal Error Dump

In function: before_process() - Express Checkout
Did first contact attempt return error? Nope 
Array
(
   [security] => 
   [RequesterCredentials] => Array
       (
           [0] => Array
               (
                   [Credentials] => Array
                       (
                           [0] => Array
                               (
                                   [username] => 
                                   [Password] => 
                                   [subject] => 
                               )

)

)

)

[DoExpressCheckoutPaymentResponse] => Array
       (
           [0] => Array
               (
                   [Timestamp] => 2007-05-12T19:30:46Z
                   [Ack] => FailureWithWarning
                   [CorrelationID] => 4996c7af8aca1
                   [Errors] => Array
                       (
                           [0] => Array
                               (
                                   [shortMessage] => Transaction refused because of an invalid argument.  See additional error messages for details.
                                   [LongMessage] => The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.
                                   [ErrorCode] => 10413
                                   [severityCode] => Warning
                               )

[1] => Array
                               (
                                   [shortMessage] => Transaction cannot complete.
                                   [LongMessage] => The transaction cannot complete successfully.  Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.
                                   [ErrorCode] => 10417
                                   [severityCode] => Error
                               )

)

[Version] => 2.000000
                   [build] => 1.0006
                   [DoExpressCheckoutPaymentResponseDetails] => Array
                       (
                           [0] => Array
                               (
                                   [PaymentInfo] => Array
                                       (
                                           [0] => Array
                                               (
                                                   [TransactionType] => none
                                                   [PaymentType] => none
                                                   [PaymentStatus] => None
                                                   [PendingReason] => none
                                                   [ReasonCode] => none
                                               )

)

)

)

)

)

)

Edited by DJ5A

Got installed and runs fine problem when I attempt to check out on a purchase it sends an error to the screen

libcurl was built with SSL disabled, https: not supported!

I know this means my curl was built without SSL, but does any one know how to fix it.

Thanks

I am using the WPP with Express Checkout.

What is the best page to add a check box for the user to agree to the terms and conditions?

I see a bunch of contributions here and don't know which one will work best with my situation.

1)

Since express checkout allows the customer to create thier account through paypal, adding the checkbox during the account creation is out.

Somce express checkout bypasses the regular payment page, adding the checkbox there is out.

What about adding it to the order confirmation page?

Does express checkout always bring the customer back to the order confirmation page to actually post the order?

2)

I see some of the contributions use java and some don't. If I use a java contribution, can that be bypassed if a customer doesn't have java installed/enabled?

3)

Can somone recommend a contribution that fits the criteria I am asking about?

How does everyone here handle express checkout and a must agree to terms and conditions check box?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi I'm experiencing the following error after installing the 0.9.1 update. Suggestions?

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tony/sites/xxx.com/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 977

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tony/sites/xxx.com/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 885

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tony/sites/xxx.com/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:977) in /home/tony/sites/xxx.com/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Thank you!

Kevin

@DJ5A: Unfortunately, from that error dump, I can't tell. It's been a long time since I've touched EC's error reporting code, so I'll update it before releasing this new version of the module.

@showery: Contact your host's support staff and give them that error. If they aren't willing to recompile curl, you're going to have to move servers, unfortunately.

@bmw000: Express Checkout customers see the checkout_confirmation.php page, so just add one of the better maintained contributions to do what you want.

@Khemikal: Include the change in checkout_process.php

@DJ5A: Unfortunately, from that error dump, I can't tell. It's been a long time since I've touched EC's error reporting code, so I'll update it before releasing this new version of the module.

Hello Everybody:

Thank you dynamoeffects for getting back with me so quickly

Do you, Glen or any one else know of a way I can get this up & running?

(I've posted my problems in replies #2317, 2318, 2319 & 2320)

I desperately need this thing working. What really gets me about this is the "Paypal Direct Payment" works perfectly. The store will be selling a disposable product designed for Dentist only. I doubt any Dentist or Office assistant working for a Dentist will ever use the "PayPal Express" checkout method?

Oh, I did double check my checkout_process.php, it appears to be correct, to verify this error, I placed the original checkout_process.php file that came with the 0.9.1 version and I still receive the same error. Is there anything else I can check or do?

Any help or advise on correcting this would be deeply appreciated.