• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Very new to OS Commerce and trying to setup payments through PayPal. Which fixes should I download and install to make this work for me (I'm in the US)and what do I need to in PayPal (ex.: return url after payment is processed, etc.)? Thank you.

The payment cycling happens when entering the credit card. Although it might be noted, I don't see the option for Express Checkout. When I select that payment module in the payment page, there is no EC button (which doesn't bother me, but maybe points to a cause?).

Hi, Brian. I enabled the EC button on the payment page and it gives the same response as entering the credit card information. It cycles back to the delivery address page.

I've been running a wild goose chase for a week trying to figure this out. Any ideas?

@shuffled: You must apply all changes found in the contribution.

@kmscd: This thread is for PayPal Pro, which is a $20/month service. If you're looking for their free service, you need to download the PayPal IPN contribution. If you want to use their pro service, you have to sign up for it in your account then install the contribution.

@Michael Tyler: What does the wpp_diagnostics.php script tell you?

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hi Brian

I have had my store live for a couple of weeks now, and it's holding up very well. I have a had a couple of intermittent problems. resulting in the following error report. Can you point me in the right direction please? The majority of customers have had no difficulty, and vouchers and coupons are working perfectly.

Thanks

Simon

In function: before_process() - Express Checkout

Did first contact attempt return error? Nope

Array

(

[security] =>

[RequesterCredentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Credentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[username] => xxxxxxxx

[Password] => xxxxxxxx

)

)

)

)

[faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Client

[faultstring] => XML syntax error

)

@shuffled: You must apply all changes found in the contribution.

Brian,

I applied the one code correction and my test went through. I had a friend of mine on his computer do a test with his card and it processed fine. Im assuming I am ok now. 111 pages in here and without knowing code, its hard to decipher what it is I do and do not need besides having done everything listed in the install guide.

Thanks for the addon! Its a lifesaver for someone like myself with no coding experience.

Doug

Hey there guys-

I am pulling my hair out I have read through the forums. re-installed and still I cannot get this to work properly.

The EC button works no issue.

I get no credit card option. I cannot figure this out. I have wet up WS Payments Pro with PayPal. I have run the wpp_diagnostics no issues. but customers cannot pay with CC. Do I need to turn on a CC module? I know it has to be something stupid on my part bt for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

Any ideas?

Jeff

Contributions I use: DynaMenus - Light Box - Best Sellers Content Box - Related Products 3.2 - UPS XML - Secure Admin Login - Vendor Locator - Graphical Borders.

We need to know what's wrong in order to offer solutions. Are you receiving errors? Blank pages? Are you a US or UK merchant?

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

We need to know what's wrong in order to offer solutions. Are you receiving errors? Blank pages? Are you a US or UK merchant?

Sorry - I am a US merchant, no errors, no blank pages, everything looks fine, but no credit card option.

Jeff

Contributions I use: DynaMenus - Light Box - Best Sellers Content Box - Related Products 3.2 - UPS XML - Secure Admin Login - Vendor Locator - Graphical Borders.

In the module's settings, did you set the Payment Zone to something other than "--None--"?

In the module's settings, did you set the Payment Zone to something other than "--None--"?

Brilliant!

I had it set to NJ (the only area I serve) by changing it to none it works. thanks

Jeff

I've been searching on my error:

Array

(

[security] =>

(

[0] => Array

(

[Credentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[username] => xxxxxxxx

[Password] => xxxxxxxx

)

)

)

)

[faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Client

[faultstring] => XML syntax error

)

And it seems similar to one that was reported a while back. At the time, Brian suggested tha Paypal may have changed their API, could it be that I'm still being affected by that change? was there something in the very latest update that might have addressed that change?

You're using the UK version, correct? The other person to receive that error was another UK merchant and paypal informed them to stop using the US API, which is what this module uses. That's the reason I removed UK functionality from the latest version. I think your best bet will be to switch over to their official version.

You're using the UK version, correct? The other person to receive that error was another UK merchant and paypal informed them to stop using the US API, which is what this module uses. That's the reason I removed UK functionality from the latest version. I think your best bet will be to switch over to their official version.

Nope, US merchant. I'm in the UK but but it's a US business and US Paypal account.

In that case, I honestly have no idea. Are you using the latest version? If not, try copying over the XML files in /includes/wpp_xml/ from the latest version and see if that helps.

In that case, I honestly have no idea. Are you using the latest version? If not, try copying over the XML files in /includes/wpp_xml/ from the latest version and see if that helps.

Thanks - I'll try that.

Again, great module and I *really* appreciate that you continue to support it.

Simon

Quick question - do I need to remove the module in admin to do this, or can I just overwrite the files?

No, just overwrite the XML files. If you're overwriting the module, yes, you'll need to uninstall then reinstall it.

I had everything working a month or so ago and then migrated servers. Now I'm getting paypal errors. I am hosted at Godaddy and I've tried the proxy but it times out all the time. I have a support call in now to Godaddy about that.

If I don't use the proxy, everything works until that last bit. I get the following message:

"Error An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

Transaction cannot complete. (10417)

The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method."

Here is the dump:

Array

(

[security] =>

(

[0] => Array

(

[Credentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[username] =>

[Password] =>

[subject] =>

)

)

)

)

[DoExpressCheckoutPaymentResponse] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Timestamp] => 2007-04-04T01:32:18Z

[Ack] => Failure

[CorrelationID] => d63b5d30b48cb

[Errors] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[shortMessage] => Transaction cannot complete.

[LongMessage] => The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.

[ErrorCode] => 10417

[severityCode] => Error

)

)

[Version] => 2.000000

[build] => 1.0006

[DoExpressCheckoutPaymentResponseDetails] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[PaymentInfo] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[TransactionType] => none

[PaymentType] => none

[PaymentStatus] => None

[PendingReason] => none

[ReasonCode] => none

)

)

)

)

)

)

)

Happens in both sandbox and live environments.

I have completed cc transactions successfully but sometimes they fail and claim the $ amount is 0. I'm more that a little bit confused at this point. Also, the option to pay by cc has vanished until after the EC fails. I don't have a Zone selected in the config.

@Michael Tyler: What does the wpp_diagnostics.php script tell you?

Hi, Brian. The diagnostics script is great, my kudos on that. The cURL is not connecting.

After pulling a few molars from my server tech support hotline, they told me the problem is they don't normally allow outbound connections. But they sent me this message:

By default all outbound connections are closed. In order to Open outbound connection to remote site you need:

1. To specify the local script filename and location that is running on the server

2. To provide the remote hostname or IP address and port number which needs to be opened

3. To explain what is the exact and detailed purpose for this connection

Can you help answer the first two for me? Perhaps this is rudimentary, but I don't want to be shooting in the dark when I provide them this information.

Edited by Michael Tyler

@recondite: The 10417 error is very generic, and your best bet is to contact PayPal and have them look at the tranactions.

@Michael Tyler: I've never seen such a strict webhost before. The port is 443 and the hostnames are: https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/2.0/ and https://api.paypal.com/2.0/ . The script filename is where ever you have the module installed.

@Michael Tyler: I've never seen such a strict webhost before. The port is 443 and the hostnames are: https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/2.0/ and https://api.paypal.com/2.0/ . The script filename is where ever you have the module installed.

I appreciate all the help, Brian. To clarify, the specific module file I should direct them to is ec_process.php? Is that correct?

Still battling with the payment module. EC fails and CC fails 90% of the time. I think it might have something to do with the OrderTotal being passed. Could someone take a quick look at the log file and let me know if it looks okay.

In function: before_process() - Direct Payment

Did first contact attempt return error? Yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------DP_DUMP-------------------------------

------------This is the information that was sent to PayPal----------

[?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?]

[soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema]

[soap:Header]

[RequesterCredentials xmlns=urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI]

[Credentials xmlns=urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents]

[username]fae-test_api1.fireartsemporium.com[/username]

[Password]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[/Password]

[subject][/subject]

[/Credentials]

[/RequesterCredentials]

[/soap:Header]

[soap:Body]

[DoDirectPaymentReq xmlns=urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI]

[DoDirectPaymentRequest]

[Version xmlns=urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents]2.0[/Version]

[DoDirectPaymentRequestDetails xmlns=urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents]

[PaymentAction]Sale[/PaymentAction]

[PaymentDetails]

[OrderTotal currencyID=USD]0.00[/OrderTotal]

[OrderDescription]Order placed on April 7, 2007, 5:16 pm by Bob (ID: 7)[/OrderDescription]

[itemTotal currencyID=USD]0[/itemTotal]

[shippingTotal currencyID=USD]0[/shippingTotal]

[HandlingTotal currencyID=USD][/HandlingTotal]

[TaxTotal currencyID=USD]0[/TaxTotal]

[Custom]Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx -- Email: [email protected][/Custom]

[invoiceID][/invoiceID]

[NotifyURL][/NotifyURL]

[buttonSource][/buttonSource]

[shipToAddress]

[Name]Bob Smith[/Name]

[street1]42 Heart St[/street1]

[street2][/street2]

[CityName]San Francisco[/CityName]

[stateOrProvince]CA[/stateOrProvince]

[PostalCode]94110[/PostalCode]

[Country]US[/Country]

[/shipToAddress]

[PaymentDetailsItem][Name]Snakes[/Name][Amount currencyID=USD]125.00[/Amount][Number]33{9}47{3}46 ()[/Number][Quantity]1[/Quantity][/PaymentDetailsItem][PaymentDetailsItem][Name]Order Total Discrepancy[/Name][Amount currencyID=USD]-125.00[/Amount][Number]NA[/Number][Quantity]1[/Quantity][/PaymentDetailsItem]

[/PaymentDetails]

[CreditCard]

[CardOwner]

[Payer][email protected][/Payer]

[PayerName]

[FirstName]Bob[/FirstName]

[LastName]Smith[/LastName]

[/PayerName]

[Address]

[street1]42 Heart St[/street1]

[street2][/street2]

[CityName]San Francisco[/CityName]

[stateOrProvince]CA[/stateOrProvince]

[PostalCode]94110[/PostalCode]

[Country]US[/Country]

[/Address]

[/CardOwner]

[CreditCardType]Visa[/CreditCardType]

[CreditCardNumber]4784254807458440[/CreditCardNumber]

[startMonth][/startMonth]

[startYear][/startYear]

[issueNumber][/issueNumber]

[ExpMonth]01[/ExpMonth]

[ExpYear]2010[/ExpYear]

[CVV2]123[/CVV2]

[/CreditCard]

[iPAddress]xx.xx.xx.xxx[/iPAddress]

[MerchantSessionId]pld91753o9dl8p3bnch6kb9dv3[/MerchantSessionId]

[/DoDirectPaymentRequestDetails]

[/DoDirectPaymentRequest]

[/DoDirectPaymentReq]

[/soap:Body]

[/soap:Envelope]---------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------FINAL_REQ-----------------------------

-------------------This is the response from PayPal------------------

Array

(

[security] =>

(

[0] => Array

(

[Credentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[username] =>

[Password] =>

[subject] =>

)

)

)

)

[DoDirectPaymentResponse] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Timestamp] => 2007-04-08T00:08:26Z

[Ack] => Failure

[CorrelationID] => 9ea4241fd3b2d

[Errors] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[shortMessage] => Invalid Data

[LongMessage] => This transaction cannot be processed. The amount to be charged is zero.

[ErrorCode] => 10525

[severityCode] => Error

)

)

[Version] => 2.000000

[build] => 1.0006

)

)

)

---------------------------------TS_REQ------------------------------

--------Results of the transaction search if it was executed---------

If your order total is getting returned as "0", your store is misconfigured. What verison of the module are you using? Did you include the checkout_process.php fix? What other contributions do you have installed that modify the checkout process?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1011630

I still get this from time to time. 99% of my orders work fine, both through Direct Payment and Express Checkout. But every once in a while, I get an order that looks like Check/Money Order in oscommerce's orders page, and when I check with the customer, they claim to have paid via CC . I had two this past weekend, after a long spell without it occurring. Has anyone seen this, or have an idea what might be causing it? Presumably it's some hiccup between my site and Paypal, but it should not make the customer think that the payment has gone through when it actually has not.