• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Hi, Brian,

I am having problems when processing Credit Card payments (Express Checkout is fine).

When I tested out transaction in CAD in Sandbox, the followings happened:

1. I got the following errors after I clicked "Confirm Order":

"No response from PayPal

No response was received from PayPal. Please contact the store owner for assistance."

and the website took me back to checkout_payment.php

2. I then checked my business PayPal account and the money got banked into my account successfully!!!!!!!!!

Since I got the above error messages, I got stuck in the checkout_payment.php page and never went through the whole checkout process, i.e. no order number was created and therefore no email being sent to confirm the order (but I got the money in my PayPal account). I changed the currency from CAD to EUR (or AUD), same error messages. However, when I tested it out with USD or GBP, my USD/GBP transactions went through ok!!!!

It has been happening for a week now. Previously the very same kind of transaction was fine with all currencies without any problems.

If this is of any help, the followings are the PayPal Error Dump:

-------------------------------FINAL_REQ-----------------------------

-------------------This is the response from PayPal------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Array

(

[security] =>

[RequesterCredentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Credentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[username] => xxx

[Password] => zzzzzzzzz

[subject] =>

)

)

)

)

[faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Server

[faultstring] => Internal error

[detail] => Timeout processing request

)

---------------------------------TS_REQ------------------------------

--------Results of the transaction search if it was executed---------

Array

(

[security] =>

[RequesterCredentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Credentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[username] =>

[Password] =>

[subject] =>

)

)

)

)

[TransactionSearchResponse] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Timestamp] => 2007-03-22T05:11:04Z

[Ack] => Success

[CorrelationID] => bd7f0802d14b3

[Version] => 2.000000

[build] => 1.0006

)

)

)

Any help is appreciated!

Sorry, just to add that the GBP transaction actually has some minor problems too: The Transaction ID is missing, the AVS and CVV2 Codes are showing "Error".

I think PayPal might have changed something. Previously (i.e. until last week), my US version of this contribution worked like a charm for all transactions and all currencies.

The error:

[faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Server

[faultstring] => Internal error

[detail] => Timeout processing request

Means that their servers are timing out. I would suggest that you upgrade to the latest version of the module because the transaction search is better tested than in previous versions.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hey guys,

Does anyone have the code for merging MVS with PayPal WPP for checkout_shipping.php? There's a few mentions of posts a few pages back (the code you can view in this post ) but no actual code has been pasted that I can see. I have also tried PMing the people but no reponse yet. If anyone has this working, would they please mind copying the modified code here for me?

Thank you for your time and consideration

Do you think it's worth opening a new support thread for the UK version of PayPal Pro, now that the US version no longer works?

I know i'd get benefit from it, what do you guys think?

Do you think it's worth opening a new support thread for the UK version of PayPal Pro, now that the US version no longer works?

I know i'd get benefit from it, what do you guys think?

Before you do that, I've been thinking about a way around all of this. I've already done the hard part of integrating UK features, so I might as well complete the work. Instead of using the XML files, I'd just need to format the data to work with the UK API, which would be fairly simple.

Only problem is that I would need UK merchants to test it live for me since I'm unable to create a UK sandbox account.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Actually, let me take that back. I don't know when I'll have time to actually work on it, so for now, go ahead and start a separate thread.

Actually, let me take that back. I don't know when I'll have time to actually work on it, so for now, go ahead and start a separate thread.

Believe it or not .. the SOAP based scripts (Brian's module) now work again flawlessly in the UK as it did for the past 3 months or so....

GO FIGURE !

Edited by eliw

Well, my problem did not go away with the fix that was listed in the link within the quote. I'm wondering, would it be a terrible thing to comment out that entire IF statement that does the number validation?

I'm giving consideration to dropping osCommerce altogether and go with a system through my host (GoDaddy). Mainly because I absolutely have to make sure I have no technical problems. I'm having enough issues keeping up with the demand for the products on my site to have to worry about technical issues. The problem seems to be getting worse. It's very frustrating because I haven't been having any issues such as this for the past two months. Now all of a suddent this starts happening. I haven't touched that cc_validation.php code, so I can't figure out why all of a sudden I'd start having issues.

I think I have found the cause for my problem. I have the Agree to Terms contribution installed. Somehow, this stopped working properly. It was working no problem before. Now, for some reason, if you forget to check the Agree to Terms box in the Confirm Order screen, it will think there is something wrong with the credit card number, then take you back to the Payment page and display the error message "we don't accept that credit card." I made no changes to this code, and yet it stopped working properly. I'm going to comment it out and see if that solves the problem.

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry

Hi,

Thanks for the contrib, seems to work well with my store & FEC. However i have one problem, if you can point me in the right direction.

Upon entering credit card details, if i fail to get them right the first time, i am presented with the error and the option to set the correct details, however no matter what i do it's still using the original details instead of the new ones. So i presume something somewhere isnt getting reset.

This is probably due to the FEC installation, but im pretty sure ive set everything correctly, it does actually work ok if i get the details right first time. But i can image many users not doing this :'(

Any help would be appreciated, i have had a quick search and cannot find anything.

Bob

I'm having a problem with checkout cycling back to shipping options when the "confirm order" button is pressed. This only happens with the WPP payment option, not any other payment types.

I've searched through the forum for the answer, so forgive me if this has been brought up before.

SSL is enabled, and it performs the same way with sandbox or live mode. Using the .9 installation on osCommerce 2.2MS. Help please?

@ukbonkers: This module is reported to work with UK merchants, but it's suggested that you use their UK version of the module in case they decide to lock the US API down one day for US merchants only.

@Michael Tyler: When using Express Checkout or when entering your credit card, or both?

Well, there are two explanations:

1) AMEX cards aren't supported for UK merchants.

2) This module uses the US API, and perhaps the US API doesn't support GBP for AMEX cards.

@Michael Tyler: When using Express Checkout or when entering your credit card, or both?

The payment cycling happens when entering the credit card. Although it might be noted, I don't see the option for Express Checkout. When I select that payment module in the payment page, there is no EC button (which doesn't bother me, but maybe points to a cause?).

Great contribution. I tried the official paypal version and it was broke out of the box with several bugs.

I installed the .9.1 version with no difficulty and went live with it only a few hours after testing.

I'm not sure where I got the CVV pop-up window, but added it to WPP as it holds much more information than the default text. Thanks for previous posters who added how to add Credit Card Images. From the shoppers point of view nothing has changed on my store execept for the addition of PPE.

Nice work!

NEWBIE Assistance (be gentle)-

I have been able to follow along most of the way through threads to fix other issues I was having, figured I can do the same here but I am unable to even start this one.

I have my API certificate, account, blah blah from Paypal. I downloaded .9 from the contributions page. On the installation instructions it says to copy files & directories over and they are all in a folder called /catalog/.

I do not have a /catalog/ folder as some other posts have indicated I should. Is this actually just my store root directory or should there be another folder called catalog?

my structure is as follows:

public_html/store/ which has the following folders:

/admin/

/cgi-bin/

/download/

/images/

/includes/

/pub/

and then a list of files.

I am guessing that my /store/ folder is the equivilant to the /catalog/ folder?

Thanks

Doug

NEWBIE Assistance (be gentle)-

[snip]

I am guessing that my /store/ folder is the equivilant to the /catalog/ folder?

Thanks

Doug

Doug,

Yes, the default name that osC uses for the root of the web shop is /catalog/. Since your shop uses /store/, keep this in mind when installing contributions. Most will refer to the root directory as /catalog/.

When following installation instructions, just do a mental replacement of /catalog/ with /store/ and you should be fine.

--Glen

Doug,

Yes, the default name that osC uses for the root of the web shop is /catalog/. Since your shop uses /store/, keep this in mind when installing contributions. Most will refer to the root directory as /catalog/.

When following installation instructions, just do a mental replacement of /catalog/ with /store/ and you should be fine.

--Glen

Thank you Glen for your help.

I set everything up (I thought) to directions. I ran the WPP_Diagnostics program and results were:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal Website Payments Pro

Diagnostics Program

by Brian Burton (dynamoeffects)

Basic Tests

Using at least PHP 4.3.0? Yes

Does your store have an SSL certificate installed and working? Yes

Is cURL installed? Yes

Does cURL work? (Simple HTTP test) Yes

API Certificate installed? Yes

API Certificate directory protected? Yes

API Username in place? Yes

API Password in place? Yes

XML Document "doDirectPayment.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "doExpressCheckout.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "getExpressCheckoutDetails.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "setExpressCheckout.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "transactionSearch.xml" exists? Yes

Advanced Diagnostics

Able to connect to PayPal through cURL? Yes

Received a valid response? Yes

Did PayPal respond without errors? (If not, errors are below) Yes

Success!

Congratulations! This contribution appears to be correctly installed on your store!

Please note that if you're still having problems with your installation, it is most likely because you didn't completely integrate all of the code.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran a test transaction with my wife's card on a test product I set up for $1. I had the following error returned to me on the site:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/shuffled/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 977

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/shuffled/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 885

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shuffled/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:977) in /home/shuffled/public_html/store/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Anyone have a similar problem? Im sure I missed something on the install, but Im a newbie so what did you expect. This is my first run at any sort of script or programming.

Thanks,

Doug

Apply the fix in the checkout_process.php file.

Brian,

Thank you for the response & the program. Im sure Im going to enjoy it once I figure things out!

Were you referring to this fix:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

Thank you

Doug

:thumbsup:

Just to let others know the solutiohn to the credit card details not clearing upon error, this is in fact due to the Fast Easy Checkout (FEC) contrib i have installed, and to fix you simply need to modify your checkout_confirmation.php and add the following lines after require('includes/application_top.php');

tep_session_unregister('paypalwpp_cc_number');

tep_session_unregister('paypalwpp_cc_expires_month');

tep_session_unregister('paypalwpp_cc_expires_year');

tep_session_unregister('paypalwpp_cc_checkcode');

tep_session_unregister('paypalwpp_cc_start_month');

tep_session_unregister('paypalwpp_cc_start_year');

tep_session_unregister('paypalwpp_cc_issue_number');

tep_session_unregister('paypalwpp_cc_firstname');

tep_session_unregister('paypalwpp_cc_lastname');

And hey presto all is working...

Aswel I am still using this version in the UK with no problems for the time being....

Thanks

Bob