• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

@DRIVE: It really depends on the size of the project, but yes, I am a freelance developer. Contact me through the "Send an Email" link in my profile and give me some more details of what you're after. Just guessing from your post, but if you're looking to do subscriptions, it's not a feature that's available with PayPal Pro.

@shellgc: FTP into your store and download the file /includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php. If it's not there, you're using some custom version. If it is there, download that file and open it on your computer. Do you see my name in the top few lines? If so, you're using a version from here. If you don't have a /includes/wpp_xml/ file, that could just mean that you're using a version pre-0.8.

That file does not exist so I assume it is custom although I don't know who created it. I sent you a PM with more details if needed. I have looked at all the files tied to the module your name nor a version number is not present in any of them. So I guess if you're not the creator of the custom mod for that particular company I sent you in PM then I'm stuck reinstalling. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for your help! :)

I am also impressed by that Brian ! The transaction search in this case is a life saver.

Any reason why it is not hapening to more people and just us ? Or is it simply a case that others just have not noticed this ?

I'm hoping that now that I've passed on this info to Paypal, they will be able to do something about it.

You are not alone. I am having the same issue. The Transaction ID, AVS and CVV2 info are all missing (or shows Error) for USD and GBP transactions (but I still got the money banked in and email notifications). As for other currencies, it returned "No response from PayPal" as an error message (However, the money got bank into my account but no email notifications). Previously, almost all currencies I accept are doing ok. It's just all of a sudden things are not working (for credit card payment).

I think I have found a bug with the latest UK version.

A customer could not pay using a switch card.

The error was incorrect start year.

I had no problem taking the payment using the same informatiom on virtual terminal.

Looking at the error dump it seems that the year may be in the incorrect format see below:

[startMonth]08[/startMonth]

[startYear]05[/startYear]

[issueNumber][/issueNumber]

[ExpMonth]08[/ExpMonth]

[ExpYear]2008[/ExpYear]

Start year is 05 (2 digit)

Exp year is 2008 (4digit)

Cheers Frank

I have posted a question about this in the recent past, but never received an answer to it. I have been busy with my day job for the last few weeks, so I haven't been able to pay attention to this thread. I'm back now and have noticed that my question still has not received an answer. I'm still having a problem where I am receiving e-mail notifications from...somewhere. I have no idea what is actually generating this message; PayPal or if it's a direct result of this payment module. The message is as follows:

The following message to <[email protected]> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.1.2 - Bad destination host 'DNS Hard Error looking up dcc.paypal.com (MX): NXDomain'

I'm looking around on the PayPal site and have a question in to their tech support, but I'm wondering if there's someone here who might know what's going on?

Thanks.

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry

@webmaster69: Try changing this block of code in /includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:

//Switch/Solo specific fields
	if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_UK_ENABLED == 'Yes') {
	  $order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_MONTH'] = substr(preg_replace('/[^0-9]/i', '', $HTTP_POST_VARS['wpp_cc_start_month']), 0, 2);
	  $order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR'] = substr(preg_replace('/[^0-9]/i', '', $HTTP_POST_VARS['wpp_cc_start_year']), 0, 4);
	  $order_info['PAYPAL_CC_ISSUE_NUMBER'] = substr(preg_replace('/[^0-9]/i', '', $HTTP_POST_VARS['wpp_cc_issue_number']), 0, 2);
	}

to this:

$order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_MONTH'] = substr(preg_replace('/[^0-9]/i', '', $HTTP_POST_VARS['wpp_cc_start_month']), 0, 2);
	  $order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR'] = substr(preg_replace('/[^0-9]/i', '', $HTTP_POST_VARS['wpp_cc_start_year']), 0, 4);
	  if (strlen($order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR']) < 4) {
		$order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR'] = '20' . $order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR'];
	  }
	  $order_info['PAYPAL_CC_ISSUE_NUMBER'] = substr(preg_replace('/[^0-9]/i', '', $HTTP_POST_VARS['wpp_cc_issue_number']), 0, 2);
	}

@Schadeboy: I thought I did respond, but all I said is that it's something that only PayPal can help you with.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but I can't find any help with it.

I have the module installed. It seems to working properly, but in the admin console it won't hold my information. I enter my username/password API stuff and then hit update only to have them disappear.

Obviously this doesn't help my customers either. :P

I've gone through all the files myself trying to find discrepancies but alas, to no avail.

Any suggestions (or obvious solutions!)?

Thanks!

Direct payments works, and has been working fine for me. I just discovered that Express Checkout isn't working. When I select Express Checkout, I'm directed to Paypal. I log in with my account. I'm shown my credit card selection and address selection. I click Review, and every time it kicks me back to the Paypal log in page again. I couldn't find anyone with this similar error. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Direct payments works, and has been working fine for me. I just discovered that Express Checkout isn't working. When I select Express Checkout, I'm directed to Paypal. I log in with my account. I'm shown my credit card selection and address selection. I click Review, and every time it kicks me back to the Paypal log in page again. I couldn't find anyone with this similar error. Any help would be appreciated!!!

@Schadeboy: I thought I did respond, but all I said is that it's something that only PayPal can help you with.

Thanks, Brian. You responded at one point stating that you suspected I was using the PayPal provided API and not yours, which I corrected you on. I didn't see a response after that. Sorry if there was one, and I didn't see it.

I have a question in to PayPal right now. Here's hoping they'll respond soon.

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

@OS_Tim: Are you using a shared SSL certificate?

I bought an SSL from Geotrust (I'm assuming that means it is NOT shared), installed and like I said everything works perfectly fine (has for 4 months since I launched). I just always figured that if the credit cards were processing transparently, there should be no problem with someone using a Paypal account. Today was the first complaint I got about it and sure enough when I tested it, after entering my Paypal account info. and viewing the address and credit card page, it bounces me in a never ending loop back to "Log In" whenever I click on the "Review" button.

I just finished uaing a merge program to compare all the files from the original package (0.7.3) with our current files and everything appears to be in perfect shape, where it should be. Other orders are coming in fine theough Direct Payments today . . .

Another possibility is that you have register_globals off. If you're using 0.7.3, that's going to be a problem. There have been fixes posted in this thread -- do a search and something should come up.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Another possibility is that you have register_globals off. If you're using 0.7.3, that's going to be a problem. There have been fixes posted in this thread -- do a search and something should come up.

Unfortunately no, I've verified this with many other contributions. Our server has register_globals On as verified in Tools -> Server Info

register_globals On On

-tim

I might have found something,

Where does Paypal send the customer to after selecting "Review" from their site? Does it send them directly to checkout_shipping.php from there?

If so I might have found an error in the way I built in the code with MVS. Thanks for your help!

OK, I've been working all night and I'm admitting defeat.

I had this module working perfectly but for CCGV, so I went back and reinstalled the TRAD version, and all seemed OK. Express Checkout is working fine as is Direct Payment on physical products. I have both coupons and vouchers calculating correctly, and the cash is arriving safely in the Paypal accunt.

The only problem I have is with my downloads. The shipping address is coming in blank (as the product is virtual) but for some reason, the billing address is no longer being inserted instead. Can somebody point me in the right direction please? It's very early in the morning and I can't figure it out.

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this module - it is fantastic.

Simon

Hi, again.

This is really weird. I've been live for nearly two months, and I haven't had very many issues with this contrib. Now, all of a sudden, in the past several weeks I'm getting a couple of interesting issues. The latest just started last night. I and at least one other customer have had an issue with entering credit card information and then being shown an error that states something to the effect that the first four numbers are incorrect and that we (the store) don't accept that type of credit card. When I saw this message, I was doing a test purchase to verify a different issue all together. I thought maybe I entered the credit card information incorrectly. A second attempt went through with no problems, so I figured the error was mine. However, today, a customer tried two different credit cards - and American Express and a Visa - and received the same error message in both instances.

I've asked the customer how many times she tried either card, and am waiting for a response. In the meantime, is there anyone here who has experienced this issue? I have searched this topic, but have not found anything that resembles my issue.

Thanks!

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

Hi, again.

This is really weird. I've been live for nearly two months, and I haven't had very many issues with this contrib. Now, all of a sudden, in the past several weeks I'm getting a couple of interesting issues. The latest just started last night. I and at least one other customer have had an issue with entering credit card information and then being shown an error that states something to the effect that the first four numbers are incorrect and that we (the store) don't accept that type of credit card. When I saw this message, I was doing a test purchase to verify a different issue all together. I thought maybe I entered the credit card information incorrectly. A second attempt went through with no problems, so I figured the error was mine. However, today, a customer tried two different credit cards - and American Express and a Visa - and received the same error message in both instances.

I've asked the customer how many times she tried either card, and am waiting for a response. In the meantime, is there anyone here who has experienced this issue? I have searched this topic, but have not found anything that resembles my issue.

Thanks!

This error occurs when the card number fails the cc_validation.php test. It doesn't have anything to do with PayPal; it didn't get that far. I get these from time to time; some are typos in entering the card number.

--Glen

This error occurs when the card number fails the cc_validation.php test. It doesn't have anything to do with PayPal; it didn't get that far. I get these from time to time; some are typos in entering the card number.

--Glen

The problem is, the person who complained reported the issue to me stated that she received the error somewhere in the neighborhood of five to six times. She tried three times with an American Express card and at least two times with a Visa, receiving the same exact message each time. She told me that she even shut down and restarted her web browser in between attempts. I have not heard from anyone else, and today I've received fifteen orders. So maybe it is just a typo issue, and it happens to be that she entered her card number information incorrectly each and every time. I don't know. Is there any kind of log I can look at to see what numbers were entered?

Thanks.

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

cc_validation.php is very outdated. For instance, VISA card numbers can be 13, 14, or 16 digits. Gift cards get rejected because the first four numbers are different (which may have been your customer's problem). That's one area of osC that needs some TLC.

OK - I have come at it again fresh and this now seems like the last problem. Vouchers and coupons are calculating correctly and everything works except the virtual products paid for by card.

Where should I check that the billing address is passed to Paypal as the shipping address for virtual products?

Simon

@webmaster69: Try changing this block of code in /includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:

}

to this:

$order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR'] = '20' . $order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR'];
	  }
	}

Thanks for taking the time to update this bug.

I have updated this and it has fixed the problem but caused another, if the valid from date is left blank it passes the number 20 as the year and causes the card to be declined.

[startMonth][/startMonth]

[startYear]20[/startYear]

Thanks Frank

cc_validation.php is very outdated. For instance, VISA card numbers can be 13, 14, or 16 digits. Gift cards get rejected because the first four numbers are different (which may have been your customer's problem). That's one area of osC that needs some TLC.

Okay, now I am not a programmer, but I need to get this issue cleared up. If the problem is in the cc_validation.php code, and it is something within the osC code base, what can be done to fix this? I've checked the contributions for any updated cc_validation.php scripts, but didn't come up with anything. I suppose I could look at it myself, but like I said, I'm not a programmer so I haven't a clue where to start.

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

@webmaster69: Modify the new code from this:

}

@Schadeboy: The problem is that CC companies don't release data like that, so it has to be aggregated from actual transactions. Here's a fix for the VISA cards I sent in a while back: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,3609

In my opinion, cc_validation should send the customer card details to the payment gateway no matter what, as long as the card passes the LUHN-10 check. If should check if the number matches one of the card models, and if not, flag it as possibly fraudulent then let the payment gateway decide if it's real or not. There are simply too many card number formats out in the wild to build a reliable validator using regex.