• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

I was advised by paypal that it's Request API credentials...but who am I to know I can't get it to work or anyone to help

Hi, which API do I need to choose in the Paypal API setup?

It gives me 2 options

1) Grant API permission

2) Request API credentials

Thanks

Andrew

I was advised by paypal that it's Request API credentials...but who am I to know I can't get it to work or anyone to help

You are correct. The correct option is Request API Credentials.

Regarding your request for help, your first post in this topic was made about four hours ago, and it is still early in the US, where most of the users of this module reside. Remember that many of us are not full-time developers and have our shops to run; free support for a free product isn't the top item on our list.

To help us resolve your problem, please indicate which version of the WPP payment module you installed.

By searching all your posts, I noticed that you appear to be selling downloadable goods. Did you receive the error on an order for physical or downloadable goods? If you sell physical goods as well, do you get the same error on an order?

I don't sell downloadable goods, but I believe that the current stable release of this module works correctly for downloadable goods.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

You need to upload the included .htaccess file to the directory where you store your certificate.

Thank you!

That makes sense...I overlooked that file in the install instructions and it was invisible on my computer because of the filename starting with a period.

The diagnostic tool is now reporting all YES except for this line:

Advanced Diagnostics

Able to connect to PayPal through cURL? No

Error received: 35: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca

Can anyone explain what to do next? I'm using Dreamhost as a hosting solution.

Many thanks for the assistance!

Thank you!

That makes sense...I overlooked that file in the install instructions and it was invisible on my computer because of the filename starting with a period.

The diagnostic tool is now reporting all YES except for this line:

Advanced Diagnostics

Able to connect to PayPal through cURL? No

Error received: 35: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca

Can anyone explain what to do next? I'm using Dreamhost as a hosting solution.

Many thanks for the assistance!

The error message "tlsv1 unknown ca" indicates that you are using the wrong certificate. Are you trying to connect to the live server with a sandbox certificate?

--Glen

Hi Glen

Yes, sorry if I sounded impatient...it's just doing my head in...I used the latest version...I have not tried the physical goods...but even going down the paypal payment route it takes you to paypal but comes up with a multi language error message saying there are currently technical problems go back to your store...

You are correct. The correct option is Request API Credentials.

Regarding your request for help, your first post in this topic was made about four hours ago, and it is still early in the US, where most of the users of this module reside. Remember that many of us are not full-time developers and have our shops to run; free support for a free product isn't the top item on our list.

To help us resolve your problem, please indicate which version of the WPP payment module you installed.

By searching all your posts, I noticed that you appear to be selling downloadable goods. Did you receive the error on an order for physical or downloadable goods? If you sell physical goods as well, do you get the same error on an order?

I don't sell downloadable goods, but I believe that the current stable release of this module works correctly for downloadable goods.

--Glen

Hi,

Ive tried searching but found no helpful fixes.

i have created a sandbox business account and a personal account. Downloaded and configured the certificates / admin side.

When i try and complete a sale (PayPal Direct Payment), with one of the credit card numbers i get.

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Invalid Data (10729)

There's an error with this transaction. Please enter your state in the shipping address. (even though there was one)

or

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Invalid Configuration (10501)

This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.

Can anyone help?

Hi Glen

Yes, sorry if I sounded impatient...it's just doing my head in...I used the latest version...I have not tried the physical goods...but even going down the paypal payment route it takes you to paypal but comes up with a multi language error message saying there are currently technical problems go back to your store...

imusic,

"Latest version" is not the answer that I was looking for. Sorry to be pedantic, but that doesn't tell me whether you downloaded a stable release or one that is marked "beta", or a different contribution altogether. What is the name of the ZIP file that you downloaded from the osCommerce contributions server?

--Glen

Here's the URL of the offical Paypal WPP contribution...

..... including seperate USA and UK contributions, each isavailable with/without PWA so customers do not have to create an account.

Download Here

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Glen

This one.... PayPal-WPP-0.1_1_1_2.zip

imusic,

"Latest version" is not the answer that I was looking for. Sorry to be pedantic, but that doesn't tell me whether you downloaded a stable release or one that is marked "beta", or a different contribution altogether. What is the name of the ZIP file that you downloaded from the osCommerce contributions server?

--Glen

Glen

This one.... PayPal-WPP-0.1_1_1_2.zip

I believe that is pbreit's contribution. It was released, then pretty much abandoned, long ago. The contribution discussed and supported in this thread can be found at <http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647>. Version 0.8.2, released Oct 2006, is the latest stable release.

Hi,

Ive tried searching but found no helpful fixes.

i have created a sandbox business account and a personal account. Downloaded and configured the certificates / admin side.

When i try and complete a sale (PayPal Direct Payment), with one of the credit card numbers i get.

Invalid Data (10729)

There's an error with this transaction. Please enter your state in the shipping address. (even though there was one)

or

Invalid Configuration (10501)

This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.

Can anyone help?

Error 10501 means that you haven't completed the WPP billing agreement. You have to do this, even in the sandbox. Approval in the sandbox is immediate.

--Glen

I noticed that PayPal has posted their "official" osCommerce contributions today. I am wondering how much different they are to this contribution, and if it is advisable to install them?

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry

I noticed that PayPal has posted their "official" osCommerce contributions today. I am wondering how much different they are to this contribution, and if it is advisable to install them?

I noticed that the PayPal version has to have registar globals set to on for it to work.

Error 10501 means that you haven't completed the WPP billing agreement. You have to do this, even in the sandbox. Approval in the sandbox is immediate.

--Glen

I cant find the option, the account is a business. Theres nothing in the profile screen to make me agree to it. When i goto merchant tools etc, it takes me outside sandbox. Everything is confirmed. I cant see it in profile either? any ideas?

I noticed that the PayPal version has to have registar globals set to on for it to work.
Mine are set to 'on' so I won't have a problem. The biggest advantage of the official paypal wpp contribution is the fact the UK debit cards will be processed as well the PWA option.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hello,

I'm new here - just trying to set up Paypal Pro to work with my oscommerce shopping cart. I just have a few quick questions...

1. does this contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647 work with and API signature? or must you use an API Certificate.

I am on a shared hosting server and a novice at script so I think API signature is best for me.

2. do you know if i need an SSL certificate still?

3. Does this contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647 work better than this one on paypaltech.com: http://paypaltech.com/content/index.php?op...einfo&id=11

Any help you can give is GREATLY appreciated :)

Thank you in advance

Edited by lindsey005

Mine are set to 'on' so I won't have a problem. The biggest advantage of the official paypal wpp contribution is the fact the UK debit cards will be processed as well the PWA option.

What I'm wondering about is if installing the official PayPal APIs are worth it? For me to do so would require pulling out the contribution this thread is for, which I'm thinking might be a much larger undertaking than I want. Anyone have any comments?

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

This is what i am getting from my paypal error log thing. Any Idea?

What is the name you use for the testing card and shipping and all that?

In function: before_process() - Direct Payment

Did first contact attempt return error? Nope

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------DP_DUMP-------------------------------

------------This is the information that was sent to PayPal----------

-------------------------------FINAL_REQ-----------------------------

-------------------This is the response from PayPal------------------

---------------------------------TS_REQ------------------------------

--------Results of the transaction search if it was executed---------

That was it. It works now. Thanks.

I'm trying to set this module to only authorize the funds so I can go back and capture them later. I've been all over this forum and bits and fragments of how to do this, but has any got the complete step-by-step instructions on how this is done? It would be very helpful to include them with the contribution...

@dcross02: Set Payment Action to "Authorization" in your Payment Module configuration panel. If you don't see it, upgrade to at least 0.8.2.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

It's just version 0.7.3 of my contribution, slightly modified and repackaged.

So, I take it then that the answer to my question would be "not worth it unless you really really like to spend your time unnecessarily messing around with code."

Message received. I'm not going to worry about it. What I will worry about is how to get my stupid attributes to be listed in the order that I want. I have QT Pro and haven't figured that out, yet.

Thanks!

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry